Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners (13334 Views)

Was 2014 The Deadliest Year For Flights? Not Even Close! / After The DV 2014, The Endless Wait Till May 2013 Starts... / Immigration To Canada- The Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by GboyegaD(m): 6:06am On Sep 16, 2014
I observed number 1 nominee in each category won the award. Is this a coincidence or ..... More so, it killed the suspense of reading through the nominees and comparing the ones you have flown with.

1 Like

Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by Mettal: 6:06am On Sep 16, 2014
Why is it that one way flight is way more costly than return trip? Was curious after all you won't be returning with them so they can reserve and sell your seat to another passenger, lufthansa return trip ticket Lagos (LOS) to (BUD) Budapest is $567 with economic plus while one way ticket to the same route is $1440,almost triple the amount. Maybe this information could help someone out there to make a better decision before booking a ticket.

1 Like

Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by Nobody: 6:07am On Sep 16, 2014
Who dey fly this early morning na? *rubs eyes* :/ una be winsh?
Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 16, 2014
where is nigerian airways and Dana aircraft
Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by kraftykc(m): 6:54am On Sep 16, 2014
Emirates was fantastic on their Boeing 737 & 747, but the ICE on the airbus plying Dubai to Nigeria...woeful. The aircraft itself was rickety, make start dey wonder whether I enter Dana by mistake angry
Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:56am On Sep 16, 2014
I have to agree Emirates inflight entertainment is the sh*t...But I'll give their food zero as well as Turkish airlines! Qatar has good food especially their Nigeria Doha route.
Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by Eyop: 6:58am On Sep 16, 2014
justi4jesu:

Your vote don count grin
grin cheesy wink
Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by chineloSA(f): 7:01am On Sep 16, 2014
For the time being, they should remove Malasyian airlines on any category regardless of what was being measured in those categories, until they account for the missing aircraft and all its passengers. sad sad
Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by piagetskinner(m): 7:09am On Sep 16, 2014
Johnbosco77: wat of Nigerian airways?
Taa..Nigerian airways wey some of their planes b like danfo

2 Likes

Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 16, 2014
Mettal: Why is it that one way flight is way more costly than return trip? Was curious after all you won't be returning with them so they can reserve and sell your seat to another passenger, lufthansa return trip ticket Lagos (LOS) to (BUD) Budapest is $567 with economic plus while one way ticket to the same route is $1440,almost triple the amount. Maybe this information could help someone out there to make a better decision before booking a ticket.

Guaranteed sales. Quantity discount. A bird-in-hand. Time value of money, especially if the return is far - they have your money to do business (for profit) or keep in bank (for interest) till the income is earned.

These are the economic/customer service principles that explain that.

1 Like

Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 16, 2014
ThoniaSlim: I have to agree Emirates inflight entertainment is the sh*t...But I'll give their food zero as well as Turkish airlines! Qatar has good food especially their Nigeria Doha route.

I agree with Qatar's food. I've found it difficult to try Emirates or Etihad or Egypt Air in all my UAE trips, just because I enjoy Qatar. Their Inflight entertainment is not bad aswell. Their aircrafts are also new.
Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by adora4u1: 7:20am On Sep 16, 2014
And where the heck is ARIK AIR in all of these?! Not even ONE nomination! Daris God O!

1 Like

Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by davelon(m): 7:29am On Sep 16, 2014
Damn no nigerian always. ..
Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by abdulkayus(m): 7:30am On Sep 16, 2014
No nigeria airline is even nominated even on d category of best airline in Africa. Na wa oooo. South Africa pack everything. After now we will be making noise of largest economy in Africa.
Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 16, 2014
ThoniaSlim: I have to agree Emirates inflight entertainment is the sh*t...But I'll give their food zero as well as Turkish airlines! Qatar has good food especially their Nigeria Doha route.
I'm surprised their good wasn't good. The last time I flew on Emirates, I liked d food
Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by sonety2k(m): 7:41am On Sep 16, 2014
What of Nigeria Airway?
Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by Mettal: 7:41am On Sep 16, 2014
Jarus:

Guaranteed sales. Quantity discount. A bird-in-hand. Time value of money, especially if the return is far - they have your money to do business (for profit) or keep in bank (for interest) till the income is earned.

These are the economic/customer service principles that explain that.
thanks for the explanation,another reason of the high price could be to discourage customers not to use it,in the other sense preventing them not to return with their competitors airline.

1 Like

Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by rhames(m): 8:04am On Sep 16, 2014
what of Nigerian Airways or Air Nigeria? grin
Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by DollyParton1(f): 8:10am On Sep 16, 2014
Lordnath: World's Best Airline

Nominees

1 Cathay Pacific Airways
2 Qatar Airways
3 Singapore Airlines
4 Emirates
5 Turkish Airlines
6 ANA All Nippon Airways
7 Garuda Indonesia
8 Asiana Airlines
9 Etihad Airways
10 Lufthansa

The winner- Cathay Pacific Airways

But who are those that keeps nominating turkish airlines, they have the worst customer service of all the airlines have ever patronized.
Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by DollyParton1(f): 8:16am On Sep 16, 2014
adora4u1: And where the heck is ARIK AIR in all of these?! Not even ONE nomination! Daris God O!
arik air u say? Master of all flight cancellations. If u have a deadline to beat, just no fly arik, cos they mess up your itinerary.

1 Like

Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by DollyParton1(f): 8:21am On Sep 16, 2014
Turkish airlines food got me throwing up, I dint bother eating the remaining meals on the flight and the connecting one. So far for me Air France takes the lead.
Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by 100Cents: 8:40am On Sep 16, 2014
Where is VIRGIN airlines.

Onila, where are you ?
Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by ladej(m): 8:46am On Sep 16, 2014
Mettal: This should be gracing frontpage, mods!. Luthansa,and turkish are the best lowcost airlines i,ve experienced.Ethiopia airlines are the worst for me.
Lufthansa and Turkish are not low cost airlines

RYAN AIR AND EASY JET ARE !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by 100Cents: 8:50am On Sep 16, 2014
Asia won all the awards.

Stingy Americans.
Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by Mettal: 8:58am On Sep 16, 2014
ladej: Lufthansa and Turkish are not low cost airlines

RYAN AIR AND EASY JET ARE !
bro, i've not tried those companies,well, good to know.Thanks.
Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 16, 2014
Lordnath: Best Airline Staff Service in Africa

Nominees

1 South African Airways
2 Air Mauritius
3 Ethiopian Airlines
4 Mango
5 Air Seychelles
6 Royal Air Maroc
7 TAAG Angola Airlines
8 Kulula
9 Kenya Airways
10 Air Namibia

The winner- South African

Ordinary Namibia and Angola have national airlines and not Nigeria.

God dey .

1 Like

Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 16, 2014
Am surprised Air Canada did not receive more nominations/awards
Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by dfav: 9:13am On Sep 16, 2014
this is wat corruption can cause a Nation.

Thats why corruption is the greatest killer of any Nation...

Rwanda; Kenya and other smaller africa countries have national airlines but Nigeria that have GDP that over 20 times that of Rwanda doesnt have.

are u surprised

according bbc common Pipe bore water that some poorest asian countries provide for their citizens the Nigerian govt. cant even

whether na PDP APC LP & military govt. the main Nigeria problem corruption has to b stopped.

1 Like

Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by hilariousdammie(m): 9:14am On Sep 16, 2014
what Dana airline grin
Re: World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners by dokunbam(m): 9:23am On Sep 16, 2014
Just watch the move

leave the mistake grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Approves Concession Of Lagos, Abuja, Two Other Airports / National Identity Number Registration Is Free – NIMC Official / Tanker Falls Along Ugwu Onyeama By Enugu-onitsha Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.