Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,407 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Smokers In Trouble - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Smokers In Trouble (905 Views)

Thread For Weed Smokers. / Who Reports That There Are More Female Smokers Than Male Smokers In Nigeria / More Female Smokers Than Male Smokers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smokers In Trouble by dapyjay: 3:17pm On Oct 22, 2008
Smokers are in trouble as Reps Pass Bill Banning Smoking In Public places.

Anyone caught smoking in public places would henceforth be prosecuted, according to an anti-smoking law passed by the House of Representatives on Tuesday.

Anyone guilty of the offence, according to the lawmakers, would be liable to four months imprisonment or a fine of N50, 000 or both.

During the consideration of the report brought to the House by the House Committee on Health, the legislators unanimously agreed that anybody who sells cigarettes to persons under the age of 18 years should be liable to two months imprisonment or N50, 000 fine or both.

Manufacturers of cigarettes were not left out in the bill as the recommendation of the report that manufacturing cigarette without label in both front and back of the pack indicating that smoking kills should be liable to fine of N100,000.

However, efforts by some members to amend the bill to include that the sale and consumption of tobacco at the nation's airports as well as some others designated as "public places'' did not scale through as majority of members kicked against the amendment.

The phrase indicating that the ban covers areas identified as "public place" for selling and consumption of tobacco, was replaced by hospitals, government offices, nursery, primary and secondary schools.

Also rejected was a section of the bill which provides that a total ban be placed on advertisements and sponsoring of national events by tobacco manufacturing
Re: Smokers In Trouble by stnonymus(m): 8:34am On Oct 23, 2008
The Best Nutritional support for heavy smokers i know of is SWISSGARDE's NAFDAC approved DEFENDER capsules.It is a powerful antioxidant that rids the body of toxins introduced by cigarette smoke.And it helps to reduce the risk of lung cancer and heart disease.

Defender contains : Grapeseed extract, garlic, beta carotene, selenium, parsley leaf powder and proanthocyanadins.

For orders or enquiries visit : http://healthandnature.yolasite.com/products.php

Re: Smokers In Trouble by stnonymus(m): 8:36am On Oct 23, 2008
The Best Nutritional support for heavy smokers i know of is SWISSGARDE's NAFDAC approved DEFENDER capsules.It is  a powerful antioxidant that rids the body of toxins introduced by cigarette smoke.And it helps to reduce the risk of lung cancer and heart disease.

Defender contains : Grapeseed extract, garlic, beta carotene, selenium, parsley leaf powder and proanthocyanadins.

For orders or enquiries visit : http://healthandnature.yolasite.com/products.php

Re: Smokers In Trouble by adenzo: 10:25pm On Jan 03, 2011
even it is confirmed that smoker have the higest risk of having cancer
Re: Smokers In Trouble by SolutionsAgent: 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2011
Most times i wonder why some people will just like to destroy themselves through smoking. I have heard people saying it is not easy to quit smoking but I tell them it is because they are not determined to quit. The day I made up my mind that I will never smoke again was the day I stopped.
God created us good and clean but we decided to destroy the work of God.
Please smokers should STOP immediately because they are not giving glory to God. legislation or not they should honor God and their body which is God's creation and STOP.

I have some useful information that can help those who wants to stop any form of addiction and bad habits like smoking, drunkenness, snoring, etc. Any interested person can contact me on 08056126447

Happy new Year
Re: Smokers In Trouble by nnemak(m): 10:17am On Jan 06, 2011
SolutionsAgent:

I have some useful information that can help those who wants to stop any form of addiction and bad habits lik[/b]e smoking, drunkenness, [b]snoring, etc. Any interested person can contact me on 08056126447

Happy new Year

What tips do you have to stop snoring wink but is snoring a habit
Re: Smokers In Trouble by SolutionsAgent: 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2011
@nne_mak. Yes snoring is a problem that has caused problems in many families and even amongst friends. It has separated who-be couples because of intolerant. There are situations when a partner had to relocate to another bedroom living the other to sleep alone.

I would have love to post some articles here on the subject but I'm not always lucky with doing that at nairaland. Anytime I post long articles it was always picked as spam. So if you want to read more about snoring pls visit my blog at http://solutionsproviders.info/blog/2010/11/how-to-stop-snoring/

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Gap Teeth / Grey Hair / Sex Enhancing Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.