Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge (6799 Views)

Ice Bucket Challenge: Origin, Historical Background, Rules, Pics / Ghanaian Actress,yvonne Nelson Not Interested In Ice Bucket Challenge / Watch Davido, Genevieve Nnaji, Ice Prince And Others Do The Ice Bucket Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by NewDelhi(m): 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nollywood Diva Genevieve Nnaji, Wednesday, was doused with a bucket of ice cold water as she joined the rich and famous in the Ice bucket challenge. She was nominated by Togo and Tottenham Hotspur FC star, Emmanuel Adebayor.
She shared the video of her participation via her instagram page and also nominated R &B singing duo Peter and Paul Okoye (Psquare) and their elder brother, Jude Okoye for the challenge.The Ice bucket challenge is an activity involving dumping a bucket of ice water on one’s head or donating to the ALS Association in the United States. It went viral throughout social media during the Northern Hemisphere summer of 2014.
The action is aimed at raising money for research into ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a form of motor neurone disease) and in the UK to raise money for the Motor Neurone Disease Association and Macmillan Cancer Support.
But braving freezing water is not enough, a small donation is also expected and so far #icebucketchallenge has raised more than $22.9 million for charity.
After an icy soaking the participant then nominates two or three further people to undertake the challenge within 24 hours. Those who forfeit the challenge must donate a larger sum of money to a good cause.
Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by Caseless: 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
I think say dem close all of them for inside big bucket of ice to see who go die first. Na george bush i for wish make e die first.

5 Likes

Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by Airforce1(m): 9:20pm On Aug 20, 2014
follow follow

10 Likes

Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by hatux: 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
Unserious fellows

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by ehiphill: 10:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
Caseless must always cause, don't you peaple know how to respect someone's opinion?

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by freecitizn: 10:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
tongue
I would have joined but there's no light to make ice block grin. Let us start the pure water challenge instead

14 Likes

Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by Caseless: 10:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
ehiphill: Caseless must always cause, don't you peaple know how to respect someone's opinion?
opinion ke? Onion ni! Who get opinion here? Bush? Opinion to invade iraq abi?
Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by Tval(m): 10:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
Countless of Celebs and footballers have done it.
Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by Waspy(m): 11:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
caseless: I think say dem close all of them for inside big bucket of ice to see who go die first. Na george bush i for wish make e die first.
Never wish death on anyone amigo

4 Likes

Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by Caseless: 11:20pm On Aug 20, 2014
Waspy: Never wish death on anyone amigo
ok
Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by TWEETFELLA: 11:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
I'd really love to her wet bust area. I therefore nominate Cossy Orjiakor and Maheeda grin

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by dorleey(f): 12:00am On Aug 21, 2014
tongue
freecitizn: tongue
I would have joined but there's no light to make ice block grin. Let us start the pure water challenge instead
try hot water.
Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by MisterLongman(m): 12:06am On Aug 21, 2014
Copycat, Copycat.... How I wonder what you are grin...... Nigerian celebs and their Owambe ish
Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by Nobody: 1:32am On Aug 21, 2014
creativity from abroad is reallly a means to support and make aware a good societal cause on the Social Media
Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by nickz(m): 6:02am On Aug 21, 2014
can someone nominate Nicki Minaj please
or mavins diija

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by Ezyp(m): 6:06am On Aug 21, 2014
Ok na

12 Likes

Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 21, 2014
NewDelhi: Nollywood Diva Genevieve Nnaji, Wednesday, was doused with a bucket of ice cold water as she joined the rich and famous in the Ice bucket challenge. She was nominated by Togo and Tottenham Hotspur FC star, Emmanuel Adebayor.
She shared the video of her participation via her instagram page and also nominated R &B singing duo Peter and Paul Okoye (Psquare) and their elder brother, Jude Okoye for the challenge.The Ice bucket challenge is an activity involving dumping a bucket of ice water on one’s head or donating to the ALS Association in the United States. It went viral throughout social media during the Northern Hemisphere summer of 2014.
The action is aimed at raising money for research into ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a form of motor neurone disease) and in the UK to raise money for the Motor Neurone Disease Association and Macmillan Cancer Support.
But braving freezing water is not enough, a small donation is also expected and so far #icebucketchallenge has raised more than $22.9 million for charity.
After an icy soaking the participant then nominates two or three further people to undertake the challenge within 24 hours. Those who forfeit the challenge must donate a larger sum of money to a good cause.
pure lies.barack obama was nominated and not george bush or genvive.if you think am lieng share the cnn ice bucket review
Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by NewDelhi(m): 7:15am On Aug 21, 2014
chester47: pure lies.barack obama was nominated and not george bush or genvive.if you think am lieng share the cnn ice bucket review

Its apparent you've been living under a rock all these while.

4 Likes

Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by Dubby6(m): 7:39am On Aug 21, 2014
I for shock them for d game
By d time i carry their bucket for two days, na dem go beg me make i drop am give another person...
Btw Y did Adebayo Nominate Jenny...Rich fine gals no dey Togo?
Jenny self f up, she for nominate Shekau
Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by Akshow: 8:08am On Aug 21, 2014
how much did she donate? abi she think na jus to form paparazzi?

4 Likes

Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by SirElaw(m): 8:22am On Aug 21, 2014
Nigerian celebrities be like "Abeg make somebody nominate me now cry, me sef wan feel among"

Well congrats to you, like Ebola, this crazy phenomenon has creeped into Nigeria. If you like lie that somebody has nominated you just to pour water on your head grin
Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by abdulaz: 8:24am On Aug 21, 2014
undecidedMisplaced priorities

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by priscaoge(f): 8:33am On Aug 21, 2014
dorleey: tongue try hot water.
Plus salt grin

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by rattlesnake(m): 8:53am On Aug 21, 2014
Fools anywhere belle face......we copy oyinbo but time for man to fkcu man we run to senate
Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by egbaguy: 9:16am On Aug 21, 2014
do nigerian celebrities pay tax?
Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by adanduka: 9:33am On Aug 21, 2014
Where's the picture of her with the ice on her head?
Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by Tobbie9(m): 10:28am On Aug 21, 2014
egbaguy: do nigerian celebrities pay tax?
I doubt it
Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by sarmiie(m): 12:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
MisterLongman: Copycat, Copycat.... How I wonder what you are grin...... Nigerian celebs and their Owambe ish

dem nominate am ni ,broda.. N its all for a good cause, in d spirit of playfulness......hope u had a nice rest..#shalom
Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 21, 2014
SirElaw: Nigerian celebrities be like "Abeg make somebody nominate me now cry, me sef wan feel among"

Well congrats to you, like Ebola, this crazy phenomenon has creeped into Nigeria. If you like lie that somebody has nominated you just to pour water on your head grin
Hahahahaha
Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by Nimoomosuli: 1:06pm On Aug 21, 2014
More people are joining in too! undecided

Qatar residents urged to take up ALS ice bucket charity challenge

Joining the ranks of media moguls, tech giants, musicians, actors and politicians, several Qatar residents have been taking up the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.

The fundraising effort requires participants to be doused with a bucket of ice water while being filmed. They then nominate three or four other people to do the same thing within 24 hours.

The videos are uploaded to Youtube or Facebook, usually with the hashtag #ALSicebucketchallenge, #icebucketchallenge, or #strikeoutALS.

Alvaro Herrera/Flickr
In one version of the challenge, those who participate are required to donate $10, while those who are challenged but opt out are supposed to donate $100 to help fund research on Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or “Lou Gehrig’s Disease.”

There is currently no cure for this fatal illness, which affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord.

However, in most cases, the challenge is carried out in lieu of a monetary donation, with nominees carrying it out in the name of raising awareness of the condition.

The challenge is not without critics. Many people have for example said it encourages the wastage of clean water, and there are also safety concerns from doing the challenge wrong.

Still, the attention has paid off – the American ALS Association said it has raised some $31.5 million in the past month, compared to $1.9 million raised during the same period a year ago.

Qatar trend

It’s not clear who carried out the first Ice Bucket Challenge in Qatar, but many local residents have recently posted videos of themselves participating in the effort. They have also been nominating friends, both in Qatar and abroad, to continue the challenge.

For example, Khalifa Saleh Al Haroon, co-founder of ILoveQatar.net, recently posted a Youtube video of his take on the ALS fundraiser. He in turn challenged several others, including Qatari comedian Hamad Al-Amari:

ILQ is also holding a mass challenge tomorrow (Aug. 22) at 8am at the St. Regis Doha. Participants are asked to bring their own buckets and towels, and to dress modestly. The hotel will provide water and ice.

Another resident who took the challenge a few days ago is Tejas Kumar.

The 21-year-old Indian expat, who this week posted his video on Facebook, said he enjoyed the communal aspect of the challenge – which has been taken up by noted personalities like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Oprah Winfrey, George W. Bush, Steven Spielberg, Lady Gaga and David Beckham.

Speaking to Doha News, Kumar added:

“It’s a pretty great way to get people talking – and that’s what matters. Sure, money to fund research is great, but what gets you money is people, and what gets you people is awareness. Creating a website with a payment gateway and putting the link everywhere doesn’t nearly work as effectively as a viral, people-fueled movement.

That’s exactly what the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is. Moreover, some people simply don’t have money…because they’re genuinely strapped for cash. For such people who are willing but unable, this is a great way to further this noble cause.”

Tiffany Ho, a 28-year-old American expat who was nominated by a friend in Doha, said the challenge motivated her to learn more about ALS:

“I (had) heard (about) the name of the disease before but didn’t really know how it affected patients with (it), even after I started seeing the campaign. It wasn’t until I was challenged myself that I read about it,” she said.

http://dohanews.co/qatar-residents-urged-take-ice-bucket-als-charity-challenge/
Re: Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge by chimerase2: 2:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
Una dn start with ice block own abi Dat was how they asked us to bath hot water with salt angry
Out of ma own chinwe and charity I bathed and drank 2 bags of salt angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up / Lady Parades Her Big ‘melons’ On Social Media Amidst Coronavirus Lockdown (photo / Bbnaija: Meet Nengi’s Handsome Brother, Maurice, DJ Khaled's Lookalike (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.