Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (587590 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Proffessorr: 2:21am On Jun 06, 2021
Risqahola199324:
Good evening all, please do you think I should request a Remark in writing?

You should consider a remark for the writing test.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by olamide34(m): 2:52pm On Jun 07, 2021
Good afternoon.

I need help hugely. I need help with listening and reading section.
I have not been able to get q band 8 in listening. I am presently stuck in 6.5 and for reading stuck at 5 band.

I have been studying on my own for a while now. But i can't seem to see any improvement.

I will really appreciate your prompt response.

Thanks in advance.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by emeraldoe(f): 7:46pm On Jun 09, 2021
Pls I'm writing my exam this weekend in Lagos, festac precisely. I thought I will be writing at Golden Tulip hotels but I got a mail of a change of venue to Mount Royale hotels. I checked it up online and didn't see anything relating to the 2nd venue as a test centre. I'm just been careful with the security situation in the country now.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by steric58(m): 2:52am On Jun 11, 2021
Great Nairalanders, Good Morning, I'm stuck at 6.0 in ielts writing academic, this is my second attempt please can someone give me a tip or recommend a practice material to boost my score to minimal of 6.5, I'll really appreciate it. Thanks in advance

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by qanda: 5:31am On Jun 11, 2021
Get FREE and updated study materials from the video section (IELTS Category) of Q and A App

Install the App from Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by mikeayus(m): 2:02pm On Jun 11, 2021
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by revagreats: 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2021
Kindly share the materials you used in your preparation. I'm just starting the process. My email is revagreats@gmail.com
chingynt:
I sat for IELTS (computer-based test) on 10th April and had the following results (L 9.0, R 8.0, W 6.5, and S 7.5). I am presently mulling over either requesting a remark (writing and speaking sections) or rewriting the exam.
I want to ask if it is advisable to remark (82000 Naira) or sit for another test (130000). Increasing my writing score by 0.5 would shoot my CRS from 424 to 482.
Thanks for the advice.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Keren12: 8:55pm On Jun 11, 2021
Please house what is the approved scores for express or provincial entry... the minimum score

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Keren12: 8:57pm On Jun 11, 2021
Can remark affect reading test and writing?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by rafindo(m): 4:21pm On Jun 13, 2021
amii131:

Jezzz please can you post the links, books or formats you used in getting this scores for just Reading and listening please.

Me interested too
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by chingynt(m): 4:33am On Jun 14, 2021
Okay
revagreats:
Kindly share the materials you used in your preparation. I'm just starting the process. My email is revagreats@gmail.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by chingynt(m): 5:00am On Jun 14, 2021
The reading and listening sections are the easiest sections of the test. I prepared mainly using the official Cambridge English textbooks and took a couple of practice tests on ieltsonlinetests.com. I realized that the standards of the tests differ little from what is in the official textbooks. So you need to practice, practice, practice, and hit your target score before sitting for the test. I was averaging between 8 and 9 for both listening and reading in my practice tests.
rafindo:

Me interested too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by chingynt(m): 5:02am On Jun 14, 2021
Writing and speaking, yes. Listening and reading, nope.
Keren12:
Can remark affect reading test and writing?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by chingynt(m): 5:03am On Jun 14, 2021
8777 reading, listening, writing, and speaking
Keren12:
Please house what is the approved scores for express or provincial entry... the minimum score

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by chingynt(m): 5:14am On Jun 14, 2021
Bros, it's impossible to improve your results overnight. My suggestion to you is to halt studying or preparing for IELTS for the next thirty days. Rather, read for at least two hours and listen to podcasts every day. You could read English novels, online newspapers on the web (daily mail, theguardian.co.uk, BBC, etc) and listen to podcasts (Spotify, google podcasts, Apple podcasts), etc. Doing this for an extended period will condition your brain to think in English instead of your local language. You will become accustomed to the British accent as well.
olamide34:
Good afternoon.

I need help hugely. I need help with listening and reading section.
I have not been able to get q band 8 in listening. I am presently stuck in 6.5 and for reading stuck at 5 band.

I have been studying on my own for a while now. But i can't seem to see any improvement.

I will really appreciate your prompt response.

Thanks in advance.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by basitayoola7: 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2021
Hey guys, can someone become fluent in English with IETS materials/IELTS test??!!
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Chibexe: 3:55pm On Jun 14, 2021
*IELTS 2021*
i have very comprehensive materials, Audio and videos for those preparing to take IELTS in 2021.

*What you will get*

1. *Over 50 practice Tests*
2 *Audio For exceling in Listening Test*
3. *Video for exceling in speaking Test*
4. *IELTS Grading Guide*
5. *Effective writing Strategies with samples*
6. * *Effective Reading Strategies with samples*
7. *Effective Listening Strategies with samples*
8. *Effective speaking Strategies with samples*
9. *About 1000 past questions and answers*
10. *IELTS study guide*
11. *About 50 E books on IELTS*

and a lot more

*Effective Preparation and use of the right preparatory Materials is Very Key.*

You have no reason to write IELTS twice.

Contact me now to have access. 07030616510

*Buzor*
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by aurorae1: 2:04pm On Jun 15, 2021
chingynt:
8777 reading, listening, writing, and speaking

Ah no it's not, the minimum is a CLB 7 which equates to a 6 across for the bands.

People quote 8777 as a benchmark because a 6 would most likely give very minimal points, so try to aim for that.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kroy(m): 8:23am On Jun 19, 2021
Does anyone have update on IELTS CD TEST conducted by British on June 12?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Midex88(m): 8:49am On Jun 19, 2021
Anyone on this

Chibexe:
*IELTS 2021*
i have very comprehensive materials, Audio and videos for those preparing to take IELTS in 2021.

*What you will get*

4. *IELTS Grading Guide*
10. *IELTS study guide*

and a lot more

*Buzor*
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by DreamAmerican: 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2021
divads:
Pls i'll like to ask, during the reading session, will one be allowed to read out to himself a little?. i realised i understand and read faster when i read out than when i read in my mind.

Would that be allowed? Especially in Computer based tests?
Please what is your typing speed? I saw that you wrote the CBT version and performed really well. I am contemplating between the Paper-based and the CBT. Any advice?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by DreamAmerican: 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2021
ucystan:

Hello, are you using ieltsonlinetest to practice? i use same o, can we practice together?
How did your test go? The questions on ieltsonlinetests look too easy for me. From your experience in the real exam, is there any semblance or the mock tests are not reliable. I will appreciate a sincere feedback as I am about to register. Thank you.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by DreamAmerican: 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2021
abnot:

Yes but there is very little time for that (just about two minutes at the end of the test). For the reading learn the tricks as the marking for reading is very strict. Thus aim to get every question right as 39/40 bring your score down to 8.5 and 38/40 brings score down to 8.0

All the best .
I want to write IELTS academic. Please what materials did you use for your preparation?

Abnot
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by oyatz(m): 4:28am On Jun 22, 2021

Listening 6.0
Reading 6.5
Writing 6.5
Speaking 6.5
Overall Band 6.5

Ibadan Centre, Jan 9th

Where precisely in Ibadan was this written?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by oyatz(m): 4:34am On Jun 22, 2021
chingynt:
The reading and listening sections are the easiest sections of the test. I prepared mainly using the official Cambridge English textbooks and took a couple of practice tests on ieltsonlinetests.com. I realized that the standards of the tests differ little from what is in the official textbooks. So you need to practice, practice, practice, and hit your target score before sitting for the test. I was averaging between 8 and 9 for both listening and reading in my practice tests.

Where can I get this official
Cambridge Textbooks?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by oyatz(m): 4:35am On Jun 22, 2021
Chibexe:
*IELTS 2021*

*What you will get*

4. *IELTS Grading Guide*
10. *IELTS study guide*

and a lot more

*Buzor*

Weldone Mr Chibuzor, how can people get all these materials outside Lagos, Enugu and Port-Harcourt?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kennybuluro(m): 4:02pm On Jun 22, 2021
Please who has Barron's IELTS PDF, would appreciate if anyone can share.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by calculus4life: 12:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
Please how can I check my ielts result I did the test last Saturday
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by lilangel20: 7:40pm On Jun 25, 2021
Hello,
Please I have been writing ielts for the 2nd time and I cant seem to pass my reading. Its academic ielts. I keep getting 6.0 and I need a 7.0. I really need help. I finished before time, checked throug, practiced before going( normally get 36/40). I was confidentI was going to pass. Please I need help as I want to write again
chingynt:
I sat for IELTS (computer-based test) on 10th April and had the following results (L 9.0, R 8.0, W 6.5, and S 7.5). I am presently mulling over either requesting a remark (writing and speaking sections) or rewriting the exam.
I want to ask if it is advisable to remark (82000 Naira) or sit for another test (130000). Increasing my writing score by 0.5 would shoot my CRS from 424 to 482.
Thanks for the advice.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by lilangel20: 7:41pm On Jun 25, 2021
Hello,
Please I have been writing ielts for the 2nd time and I cant seem to pass my reading. Its academic ielts. I keep getting 6.0 and I need a 7.0. I really need help. I finished before time, checked throug, practiced before going( normally get 36/40). I was confidentI was going to pass. Please I need help as I want to write again
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by lilangel20: 7:53pm On Jun 25, 2021
Hello,
Risqahola199324:
Good evening all, please do you think I should request a Remark in writing?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by lilangel20: 8:07pm On Jun 25, 2021
Hello,
damidam:
The real test is not hard at all. My strategy for READING was to attempt section 1 first, then section 3 and lastly section 2. I used this strategy during my practice and had already mastered it before the examination. I spent about 40mins on section 3 because it's the most tough section and it contains a lot of technical jargons. I used just about 15 minutes on both section 1 and 2. At the end of the day, its all about what works best for you. Had a 7.5 in reading but I fell I could have scored better if I went through my answers before the end of the test.

Just practice, practice and practice. Best of luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.