Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,843 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:08 AM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (583545 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Anfieldboss: 4:11pm On Sep 30, 2022
meetme01:

Wow..CBT seems to be much better and faster than Paper. I wrote same day with you. Hopefully 7th October, our results should be out.

Hope you had your required band? All the best in our future endeavours.

Yeah CBT is much faster....and yes I got my required band....I got a band 8.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Anfieldboss: 4:14pm On Sep 30, 2022
Zyzman:
Hello Guys Please I want to write IELTS,
I need help on cost of the exam and can i write it at home or do i go to the accreditated centre.

I took mine this month, and I paid N83,000.00.

I doubt if Home edition is available for IELTS, I think you can only take the tests in designated test centres in Nigeria.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Zyzman: 12:45am On Oct 01, 2022
Anfieldboss:

I took mine this month, and I paid N83,000.00.

I doubt if Home edition is available for IELTS, I think you can only take the tests in designated test centres in Nigeria.

I’m in Lagos. Should I proceed to any of their centers for registration and all?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by samsolite(m): 6:10am On Oct 01, 2022
Anfieldboss:

Yeah CBT is much faster....and yes I got my required band....I got a band 8.

Congrats, boss.

I'm also preparing to sit for the GRE by November.
Please, what materials did you use and how long did it take you to prepare for the exam and What was the cost of the exam?
Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Marike2: 1:50pm On Oct 01, 2022
Hello all,

Pls advice needed from the gurus...

1) Paper Based OR CBT?
How many days for test result availability for both types?

2) IDP OR British Council?
3) Are the tests done on weekdays or weekends?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nedu2144(m): 4:59pm On Oct 04, 2022
Please who have general IELTS Cambridge 10 -17
Kindly send to me
nedu4eva64@gmail.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by engrsyer(m): 11:39pm On Oct 04, 2022
Nedu2144:
Please who have general IELTS Cambridge 10 -17
Kindly send to me
nedu4eva64@gmail.com
same to me too. I need it, send to ogbebasyer@yahoo.com.

Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by uchman(m): 6:37am On Oct 05, 2022
Guys,
I got 130 in Duolingo English Test, do you think I can scale my IELTS?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by BoldassBadasser(m): 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2022
Davido97:

I support this do you have a group already? If so let me send you my whatsapp contact

Please add me 07038753830
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Toopee: 5:17pm On Oct 05, 2022
Good evening, who has done IELTS at Sheba Even center at Mobolaji Bank Anthony, Ikeja?

I want to confirm if they provide headsets.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Empressgifted(f): 3:50pm On Oct 07, 2022
I got a link to check UK ielts result and this is all it's displaying. Please how d I see the result?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Edithspecials: 6:25pm On Oct 07, 2022
Empressgifted:
I got a link to check UK ielts result and this is all it's displaying. Please how d I see the result?

Set your browser on desktop mode.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Empressgifted(f): 7:06pm On Oct 07, 2022
Edithspecials:

Set your browser on desktop mode.

I've seen it, thanks

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by aliandro(m): 7:46pm On Oct 07, 2022
Have anyone been able to check their results today. I wrote the paper pencil test on September 24th. According to the test portal,its meant to be out today.No result on the portal till now.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by aliandro(m): 7:48pm On Oct 07, 2022
meetme01:

Wow..CBT seems to be much better and faster than Paper. I wrote same day with you. Hopefully 7th October, our results should be out.

Hope you had your required band? All the best in our future endeavours.
Have you been to check your results?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by honeybabee: 9:51pm On Oct 07, 2022
aliandro:
Have anyone been able to check their results today. I wrote the paper pencil test on September 24th. According to the test portal,its meant to be out today.No result on the portal till now.
I haven't seen mine also, wrote paper based on sept 24th
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by donbuscka: 11:36pm On Oct 07, 2022
aliandro:

I have been here thinking away my brains. I also wrote on 24th September and up until now, no result showing on their portal. It will say "see full result" and when you click it, there is nothing in there.

Please is this a normal thing or has anyone seen theirs?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by aliandro(m): 1:41am On Oct 08, 2022
Serious wahala. Now it's saying Result is not currently available for this candidate. Please,contact your test centre for further details. I am currently losing my sleep cos of this.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by aliandro(m): 2:21am On Oct 08, 2022
Where was your test centre?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by meetme01: 4:38am On Oct 08, 2022
donbuscka:

I have been here thinking away my brains. I also wrote on 24th September and up until now, no result showing on their portal. It will say "see full result" and when you click it, there is nothing in there.

A mail was sent to you few days ago. Read if carefully, there is a link for checking results. Click. Input your first and second names in the name box. Then your last name. Fix your DOB and passport number. Submit

Read carefully. There is an arrow to click that will open your result in a new pagem
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Lukasman: 5:36am On Oct 08, 2022
meetme01:

A mail was sent to you few days ago. Read if carefully, there is a link for checking results. Click. Input your first and second names in the name box. Then your last name. Fix your DOB and passport number. Submit

Read carefully. There is an arrow to click that will open your result in a new pagem

Nothing like that. Got no mail.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by meetme01: 5:52am On Oct 08, 2022
Lukasman:

Nothing like that. Got no mail.

https://results.ieltsessentials.com/
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by aliandro(m): 6:41am On Oct 08, 2022
I think this
meetme01:

This is for IDP ielts.....
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by aliandro(m): 6:43am On Oct 08, 2022
donbuscka:

You did British council right?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by donbuscka: 8:28am On Oct 08, 2022
aliandro:

You did British council right?

The result is finally out early this morning.

But I have this strong feeling they did a rush job and did mark the exam properly. This i because my writing score is far below what i believe i should get. I strongly have this feeling.

I dont know if i am alone in this
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Jaywhyte47: 1:53pm On Oct 08, 2022
No what band score did you get for writing
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by drered(m): 2:13pm On Oct 08, 2022
On first attempt

L-9
R-8.5
W-8
S-8.5

Band - 8.5

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Edithspecials: 2:29pm On Oct 08, 2022
drered:
On first attempt

L-9
R-8.5
W-8
S-8.5

Band - 8.5

Is it British?

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by drered(m): 2:52pm On Oct 08, 2022
Edithspecials:

Is it British?

Yeah, BC

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by funbiano: 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2022
How did you do it.I also wrote the same exam with you.i had 6.0. Pls can you send me your number on my signature.Thanks bro.Congratulations
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Otunbalimpopo22: 9:18pm On Oct 08, 2022
LEARN COMPLETE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN IELTS & TOEFL.

International student who are from a non-native English speaking country seeking admission in universities abroad, it is mandatory to provide scores of an English language proficiency test. IELTS and TOEFL are the two most common and widely accepted tests. While the purpose of both these exams is the same, they differ on several accounts. So, if you are confused between which one to take, read our guide to understand the difference between IELTS and TOEFL and choose the right one for you.
An Overview of the IELTS & TOEFL Exams
Before we delve into the head on collision between the two exams, i.e., TOEFL vs IELTS let us first take a quick overview of the two.

What is IELTS?
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a test which measures an applicant’s English language proficiency. The exam evaluates an individual’s English language skills across four aspects: Reading, Listening, Writing, and Speaking.
The exam was established in 1989 and is jointly administered by the British Council, IDP Education, and Cambridge Assessment English. The exam is conducted in two modes: Paper-based and Computer-delivered.

What is TOEFL?
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is a standardized test accepted worldwide and most foreign universities where the language of instruction is English. The exam is structured and designed in a way to effectively assess a student’s command over English language.
The exam is conducted by Education Testing Service (ETS), a US-based private non-profit organisation. The exam has two modes: Internet-Based Test (iBT) and Paper-Delivered Test

What is the difference between IELTS and TOEFL: 9 Ways in Which the Exams Differ
Now let us understand the main difference between IELTS and TOEFL exams:

1.Scope
If we look over to the difference between IELTS and TOEFL, both the tests are meant to assess an individual’s English language ability, there is a change in the scope of the two exams.
IELTS has a wider scope when compared to TOEFL. It is used as an English proficiency test for individuals wishing to study abroad, occupational purposes and immigration to English speaking countries.
TOEFL is used for academic purposes alone. It is taken by students who wish to enroll in English-speaking universities.

2. Types
The IELTS exam has two main variations - Academic and General Training. While the IELTS Academic test is to be taken by students planning for higher studies, such as Undergraduate, Masters, Doctoral levels; IELTS General Training exam is for individuals planning to take up a vocational training program or to immigrate professionally.
On the other hand, as discussed already, TOEFL is only used for academic purposes, therefore it has no major variations.

3. Locations Available
The exams are widely available but differ in terms of availability.
The IELTS exam can be taken by students in over 140 countries at around 1,600 locations.
TOEFL is very convenient to take. Students can take the exam almost anywhere in the world. Testing centers are available in more than 165 countries at over 4,500 locations.

4. Popularity
Both the exams are quite popular when it comes to the number of students taking the exam each year.

In 2018, IELTS was estimated to be taken by over 3.5 million candidates. The number is higher here because IELTS is not taken by students alone.

TOEFL is estimated to be taken by over 2.3 million aspirants every year.

5. Interaction With Examiner
Another difference lies in IELTS TOEFL the way the exam is conducted.
For IELTS exams, students are required to directly communicate with the examiner for the IELTS speaking section test.
TOEFL is a completely computer-based exam. Therefore, students do not interact personally with the examiners. For the TOEFL speaking section, students are required to record and send over their speech for checking.

6. Scoring
One of the main differences between IELTS and TOEFL is the way they are scored.
IELTS is graded on a band system ranging from 1 (the lowest) to 9 (the highest). IELTS exam scoring, overall and section-wise, is done on a scale of 0-9.
Whereas, TOEFL is scored out of 120 points. Each section is graded on a scale of 0-30.

7. Exam Duration
The IELTS exam takes 2 hours and 45 minutes to complete.
The exam duration for Internet Based TOEFL exam is 3 hours long and the paper delivered exam is 2 and a half hours long.

8. Frequency
The TOEFL iBT exam is scheduled for over 60 times a year at the authorized test centers around the world. The new TOEFL iBT home edition exam can be taken 4 days a week.
The IELTS exam can be taken up to once a week. It is scheduled for test dates 48 days per year.

9. Result Declaration
The TOEFL score is made available to the students anywhere between 6-10 days from the test date.
The IELTS test results are released within a week (online) or 13 days (offline) after taking the exam.

To know more about Score Comparation and Exam syllabus Pattern call or send whatsapp message on : 07057485470
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by funbiano: 8:01pm On Oct 10, 2022
Hello drede Congratulations.How did you do the exam.Pls I need you to put me through bro.
drered:
On first attempt

L-9
R-8.5
W-8
S-8.5

Band - 8.5

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (159) (Reply)

2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread / 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.