Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,156 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:00 AM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (583582 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by drered(m): 12:01pm On Oct 12, 2022
funbiano:
Hello drede Congratulations.How did you do the exam.Pls I need you to put me through bro.

Just youtube videos and a lot of practice. I'll recommend you subscribe to E2Ielts on youtube and watch all the videos from their tutor - Jay. I attempted loads of test questions from these two sites - ieltsonlinetests.com and ieltsbuddy.com and also listened to some English podcasts, but you'd be fine without the podcasts.

3 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by meetme01: 12:05pm On Oct 12, 2022
funbiano:
Hello drede Congratulations.How did you do the exam.Pls I need you to put me through bro.

They guy is brilliant. Lot of factors are embedded in result like this such as

Course of study
Environment
For that score in speaking and writing. He speaks and write very well.

This is not about materials used.

From his short write-up above, his writing style is unique.

3 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by johnnywayne(m): 2:07pm On Oct 12, 2022
Hello everyone ,
I wish to write ielts in November(urgently ) but currently do not have an international passport and don’t have the national ID card but have the NIN improved slip,is the Improved slip acceptable ,has anyone tried using it ?many thanks .
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by meetme01: 7:41am On Oct 13, 2022
johnnywayne:
Hello everyone ,
I wish to write ielts in November(urgently ) but currently do not have an international passport and don’t have the national ID card but have the NIN improved slip,is the Improved slip acceptable ,has anyone tried using it ?many thanks .

Your passport only
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by funbiano: 7:58pm On Oct 17, 2022
Thank you so much drede amd greateful.
quote author=drered post=117494171]

Just youtube videos and a lot of practice. I'll recommend you subscribe to E2Ielts on youtube and watch all the videos from their tutor - Jay. I attempted loads of test questions from these two sites - ieltsonlinetests.com and ieltsbuddy.com and also listened to some English podcasts, but you'd be fine without the podcasts.
[/quote]
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by TheExclusive: 3:41pm On Oct 18, 2022
Good day all
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by TheExclusive: 3:43pm On Oct 18, 2022
meetme01:

Your passport only

Please do I need to write ielts if I have a foreign degree ? Eg Bsc from a UK university. Thanks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by meetme01: 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2022
TheExclusive:

Please do I need to write ielts if I have a foreign degree ? Eg Bsc from a UK university. Thanks.

Depends on what exactly it meant for.

Academics - I doubt

Immigration - Definitely except in your country of study. E.g In UK for care assistant, it's not a requisite since you studied there. However, in Canada and you're out the country, I think it's a must because you will be getting points for having a degree in Canada.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by TheExclusive: 4:25pm On Oct 18, 2022
meetme01:

Depends on what exactly it meant for.

Academics - I doubt

Immigration - Definitely except in your country of study. E.g In UK for care assistant, it's not a requisite since you studied there. However, in Canada and you're out the country, I think it's a must because you will be getting points for having a degree in Canada.

Yes it's Canada. Thanks boss.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Cargist44: 7:22pm On Oct 21, 2022
Hello everyone.

I need some help, please.
I paid for the exam online on 19th,is Wednesday and I got an email acknowledging the successful payment.I was also given a reference number

Part of the content of the email says,

"What we need you to do next:
Please ensure you upload your ID if this is required by your test centre.
Legal notice:
Please note no legally binding agreement to take an IELTS test has been concluded between you and us at this stage. In order for a legally binding contract to be concluded between you and us we need to successfully receive and process the relevant payments and relevant documentation and information on the application. Once we have successfully received this information and payment from you we will process the application and we will send you a confirmation email confirming that you/your child can sit the test and a legally binding contract has been concluded.".

My question is this,do I need to wait for another email to confirm my payment or what?

They also sent me another email to enable me access free IELTS materials for preparation.

When I logged into my account on the portal,I saw that my status says"Booked and awaiting approval". I don't even know what this means.

Can anyone help explain the next step from here?
Thanks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Rimini: 7:48pm On Oct 21, 2022
Hi guys
My result for the paper version was to come out today, yet I haven't seen anything.
Is it normal for British Council to delay results without sending an apology mail?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by EvaObika: 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2022
drered:

Please what’s the difference between the Ielts Academics and General? And for someone who plans to travel through employment with hopes of studying later, which ielts type is advised?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by drered(m): 8:30pm On Oct 21, 2022
EvaObika:

Please what’s the difference between the Ielts Academics and General? And for someone who plans to travel through employment with hopes of studying later, which ielts type is advised?

Ielts general is generally used for immigration purposes and academic is used for educational/professional purposes. For whatever the intent, please check the ielts requirement before registering.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by drered(m): 8:31pm On Oct 21, 2022
Rimini:
Hi guys
My result for the paper version was to come out today, yet I haven't seen anything.
Is it normal for British Council to delay results without sending an apology mail?

Be patient, you’ll get it.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Cargist44: 7:53pm On Oct 22, 2022
Cargist44:
Hello everyone.

I need some help, please.
I paid for the exam online on 19th,is Wednesday and I got an email acknowledging the successful payment.I was also given a reference number

Part of the content of the email says,

"What we need you to do next:
Please ensure you upload your ID if this is required by your test centre.
Legal notice:
Please note no legally binding agreement to take an IELTS test has been concluded between you and us at this stage. In order for a legally binding contract to be concluded between you and us we need to successfully receive and process the relevant payments and relevant documentation and information on the application. Once we have successfully received this information and payment from you we will process the application and we will send you a confirmation email confirming that you/your child can sit the test and a legally binding contract has been concluded.".

My question is this,do I need to wait for another email to confirm my payment or what?

They also sent me another email to enable me access free IELTS materials for preparation.

When I logged into my account on the portal,I saw that my status says"Booked and awaiting approval". I don't even know what this means.

Can anyone help explain the next step from here?
Thanks.

drered, please can you help me out on this?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by firstlady99(f): 5:49pm On Oct 23, 2022
Hello everyone I intend taking IELTS mid next month but I'm really scared of the speaking section. Do I really need to write IELTS or I should go for Naric since I'm applying to care assistant role

Please my people i need reply
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by drered(m): 6:22pm On Oct 23, 2022
Cargist44:

drered, please can you help me out on this?

You’ll get a verification email close to your test date. I got mine like 2 days before my test date. Ensure you upload your international passport and prep.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Cargist44: 4:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
drered:

You’ll get a verification email close to your test date. I got mine like 2 days before my test date. Ensure you upload your international passport and prep.

Ok.Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by firstlady99(f): 12:46pm On Oct 25, 2022
I need reply please

firstlady99:
Hello everyone I intend taking IELTS mid next month but I'm really scared of the speaking section. Do I really need to write IELTS or I should go for Naric since I'm applying to care assistant role

Please my people i need reply
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Rock85: 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2022
Can you please provide the ECCTIS/NARIC email address where the official transcript should be sent?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Empressgifted(f): 3:02pm On Oct 27, 2022
P
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by maxyboss212(m): 6:45pm On Nov 05, 2022
Helo guy, please I need a study partner on IELTS.. I have written before but it got expired, now I want to write again.. I live around Festac/Abule ado/Satellite. If you wouldn't mind hit me up let's study together during the weekends.. 07060716061
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Otunbalimpopo22: 8:54am On Nov 06, 2022
IELTS TEST STRUCTURE

The total IELTS test lasts for 2 hours and 45 minutes. The Listening part consists of 40 questions that you have to complete in 30 minutes. The Academic Reading part consists of 40 questions and you have 60 minutes. The Academic Writing part requires that you complete two writing tasks within 60 minutes. The Speaking part takes between 11 and 14 minutes to complete and has three parts. During the speaking part you will have a conversation with an examiner to have your IELTS test in very comfortable centers in all part of nigeria you can contact or DM us at LImpopo on 09057485470

How TO OBTAIN HIGH IELTS SCORE

Before you start preparing for the IELTS exam, to achieve a good score for admission to a Master’s degree program, you should make sure that you are fluent in English.

Only after you have a good foundation - a mastery of standard English grammar, academic level vocabulary, fluency in reading comprehension, writing with good grammar and a rich vocabulary, listening comprehension and speaking - can you take the next step: getting familiar with the IELTS format.

The time taken to improve your overall level of English will differ depending on your starting level and intensity of study. You should then take some time to become familiar with the specific IELTS requirements and accustomed to the exam format.

Here are eleven essential steps that will help you achieve a high IELTS score:

Start your preparation early, be consistent, and monitor your progress frequently.
Master standard English grammar in a systematic way.
Practice using your English skills in four ways – listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Take every opportunity to communicate in English, orally and in writing.
Enrich your vocabulary. This doesn’t happen overnight. Aim to learn at least 10 new words from different subject areas every day.
Read longer texts specialized in different subject areas - management, finance, culture, history, sciences, etc.
Listen to the news and watch documentaries on various topics in English.
Practice talking with other English speakers about yourself – your hobbies, interests, everyday life, family, job, dreams and professional aspirations.
When you have a solid foundation of English language knowledge and skills, join an IELTS course or work with a professional IELTS tutor.
If you are not sure whether you are ready to start preparing for the IELTS exam, take a diagnostic test and get feedback from a professional instructor on your level and next steps.
Towards the end of your IELTS preparation, start practicing with full-length tests under realistic conditions for several weeks before the test date.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Superex(m): 9:42am On Nov 09, 2022
Good day, can I book a test that is available next week? Hope the timing isn't too close? Also which is better between computer and paper based?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Otunbalimpopo22: 4:24pm On Nov 09, 2022
many people used to call us about IELTS just to know the differences about GENERAL TRAINING and ACADEMIC IELTS and which one they should Write read below:
ALSO CONTACT OR DM ON 09057485470.

I am going to explain all these on this Education Platform. Believe me, it’s much easier when you can see the differences clearly. Whether you are in secondary education, in High School or already in college and preparing for further study at other academic institutions, this guide should be helpful to you.

Now, the IELTS GENERAL: Training exam evaluates your English proficiency in an everyday context. You will need this type of test for emigration or work in an English-speaking country, or even in the process of obtaining citizenship in certain countries, like Canada and New Zealand. The tests are available at the British Council and other partner organisations such as IDP.

In other words, you are required to demonstrate that you can understand and handle daily life, leisure, employment and training-related texts. This is why the exam materials, such as reading passages, tasks in the IELTS writing test and listening excerpts from the IELTS listening test, will reflect mostly workplace and social situations.

IELTS ACADEMIC: assesses whether your English level is appropriate for higher education in an academic environment. So, if you intend to go to school (college, university bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral programs) in an English-speaking country you will have to take IELTS Academic.

This exam tests your ability to survive the study loads, readings and methods in an English-language college or university. This is why the British Council and IDP test materials will be full of academic vocabulary and comprise a wide range of academic, and science-related topics. However research works in your institution, and writing conventions are broadly the same so if you have done IELTS, you will be able to write clear essays and analyses in English.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Shadestar: 12:28pm On Nov 14, 2022
firstlady99:
I need reply please

I was usually scared of the speaking too, but it is the easiest amongst all.

Just calm down, practise and speak fluently like you are talking to a prominent person

That's all

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Anfieldboss: 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2022
Honestly, I regret writing IELTS, if only I had known British Council were this incompetent and slow, I for jeje write TOEFL.

I have requested that my IELTS scores be sent to some schools I applied to in the US for over a month, but British Council is yet to do it. I have called, sent emails, yet nothing has been done. This is after paying for application fees to apply to these schools, now my application is stuck and cannot be reviewed without receipt of the test scores.

Please if anyone has encountered this type of problem with British Council before, kindly advise me on what to do because I am really tired.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by gentlejay007(m): 12:01am On Nov 18, 2022
I'm in need of anyone who can assist me with writing TOEFL exam (home test) in Lagos. Please contact me. Nice Pay!
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by izang87(m): 10:45pm On Nov 21, 2022
izang87:

Yes.
I have never heard of any other form of Identification.
https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/book-test?gclid=EAlalQobChMljey035uu-wlVAvd3Ch2FbAh4EAAYAyAAEAgK72PD_BwE
NIN card accepted for registration.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Honeysweetest(f): 7:47pm On Nov 25, 2022
meetme01:

Your passport only
ibiakwa, but I heard the plastic NIN printout is accepted. I will see on the test day
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by meetme01: 7:52pm On Nov 25, 2022
Honeysweetest:
ibiakwa, but I heard the plastic NIN printout is accepted. I will see on the test day

NO
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Honeysweetest(f): 7:53pm On Nov 25, 2022
izang87:

https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/book-test?gclid=EAlalQobChMljey035uu-wlVAvd3Ch2FbAh4EAAYAyAAEAgK72PD_BwE
NIN card accepted for registration.
but the NIN card with microchip embedded do not exist anymore.

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (159) (Reply)

2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread / 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.