Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,614 members, 7,801,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (587367 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kokaiye: 4:57pm On Feb 26, 2018
Pls i will like u 2 pls help me with d materials u used... My email is Maryola4all@yahoo.com ... Congrate on ur result
Dizzy007:
Just saw my result now. LRWS 8.5, 7.5, 7.5, 7.5. Happy to share materials I used.
First and foremost, please bring out time to research and practice, so buy ENOUGH DATA
Everyone on this thread have been so helpful. If you can please read the pages from beginning to end.

This link I got here contains a barrons book prep book and audio. Quite useful.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B05iKVGb4P60cy1ibFVMMF8tRFk

SPEAKING
I watched Jay E2 langugae video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXvQ-_3IZts
This would teach you how to elaborate your answers, most especially in part 2.
Just remain calm, speak clearly, look them straight in the eye and be confident, you'll be fine.
Please NEVER answer "I don't Know". When using examples use "firstly, secondly, for instance, etc.
Google "emma ielts speaking tips". Was helpful too.

LISTENING
Continous practice and practice. I used www.ieltsonlinetests.com
If you can, do all the listening there. Was so difficult in the beginning till I got a grip of it.
Hardly ever scored 8 there but I kept practicing.

READING
I looked at the questions first then went back to the passage to look for the answers.
My strategy was to finish section 1 first, then went to section 3, then back to section 2.
Continous practice and practice would make you perfect this. lots of materials online to practice.
I have enough GT reading which I would happily send. Drop your email

WRITING
Had no strategy at all till I found Jay E2 language youtube channel.
This guy is the best teacher, watched all his videos, most especially types of questions for section 2(Agree/Disagree, Opinion, Discuss both views, etc). His strategy is the best
He explains and gives you time to practice. Videos are quite long but worth it.
Check out his youtube link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmkCsWMWY60&list=PLdawRnR9ilZDZX22EGs9Ru5mOgQDzRVlt
Finally I used a dark 2B pencil to write. People that use pen, I dont know how they do it.
If I used pen, I for dey cancel cancel. I know myself, I always make mistakes.
Also when I remember a new word I just use eraser and rewrite

Finally Pray to God, with all my nervousness, If I can ace this, anybody can.
Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by UpperLeon: 5:02pm On Feb 26, 2018
WOW! Great results Dizzy! I was at 6.5 in Writing when I took my first exam. I needed a 7 so I focused on this part with the help of topic specific vocabulary. This tutorial focuses on IELTS Vocabulary means using a more academic style and word choice (Lexical Resource) when writing your essays. https://www.ieltspodcast.com/ielts-vocabulary/lexical-resource/

Such a big help that pushed me to band 7 in Writing!

All the best!

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kokaiye: 5:29pm On Feb 26, 2018
Somebody! Anybody shld pls help me with ielts practical materials dt based on general modules pls .... Pls send to Maryola4all@yahoo.com.... God bless u as u do so

I also made a mistake on my application by chosing personal reasons instead of immigration on d reason 4 d test option... hope it wont ve effe t on wat i wanna use it 4
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Expressivee: 6:11pm On Feb 26, 2018
I NEED HELP... No insults pls. I missed my speaking test slated for 24th n that's because my baby (10months) was I'll. Did not even know until this morning. Any idea on what I can do. Do I go ahead with the others(march 3rd). Feeling discouraged already.

Secondly, I would appreciate if anyone has contacts for Unilag dli to collect transcript. Pls contact me.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Ndigom(m): 8:29pm On Feb 26, 2018
kokaiye:
Somebody! Anybody shld pls help me with ielts practical materials dt based on general modules pls .... Pls send to Maryola4all@yahoo.com.... God bless u as u do so

I also made a mistake on my application by chosing personal reasons instead of immigration on d reason 4 d test option... hope it wont ve effe t on wat i wanna use it 4

Kindly assist me with same material for ielts preparation..mbanaefong@gmail.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Ndigom(m): 8:32pm On Feb 26, 2018
kokaiye:

pls note am doing same general test. thanks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Ndigom(m): 8:35pm On Feb 26, 2018
kokaiye:
Pls i will like u 2 pls help me with d materials u used... My email is Maryola4all@yahoo.com ... Congrate on ur result

Congrat on your score. Kindly assist me with materials via my mail. am preparing for the general test. mbanaefong@yahoo.com
many thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ncmama: 2:53pm On Feb 27, 2018
Sorry about that, almost missed mine too. I think you should get in touch with them and even though the outcome is negative, you may still want to get a feel of what the exams are like.

Sorry again

I NEED HELP... No insults pls. I missed my speaking test slated for 24th n that's because my baby (10months) was I'll. Did not even know until this morning. Any idea on what I can do. Do I go ahead with the others(march 3rd). Feeling discouraged already.

Secondly, I would appreciate if anyone has contacts for Unilag dli to collect transcript. Pls contact me.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 27, 2018
i also miss mine for 6th of February though my written was 10th march at Ibadan center.. i just went for the written on the set date and told them my plight and they were able to allow me do the speaking, after everyone slated for that day has finished their...around past 6pm

ncmama:
Sorry about that, almost missed mine too. I think you should get in touch with them and even though the outcome is negative, you may still want to get a feel of what the exams are like.

Sorry again

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by OreoPaschal(m): 8:48pm On Feb 27, 2018
shegooba34:
i also miss mine for 6th of February though my written was 10th march at Ibadan center.. i just went for the written on the set date and told them my plight and they were able to allow me do the speaking, after everyone slated for that day has finished their...around past 6pm

What were you asked on your speaking, bro?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 27, 2018
Pm me..so i can share you the material containing what i was asked
OreoPaschal:

What were you asked on your speaking, bro?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by OreoPaschal(m): 11:56pm On Feb 27, 2018
shegooba34:
I just did, bro! Thank you.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kokaiye: 11:54am On Feb 28, 2018
Bros, pls help a sister too with the material wink .. My email is Maryola4all@yahoo.com
shegooba34:
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by uckennety(m): 8:04pm On Feb 28, 2018
Please anyone taking the exam 10th march
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kokaiye: 6:49am On Mar 01, 2018
Hey... Try this site, i got it frm reading tru all nairaland replies... Its more explanatory ieltsbuddy.com... U cn send me ur email address 4 more materials
Ndigom:

Kindly assist me with same material for ielts preparation..mbanaefong@gmail.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by agent07(m): 9:05am On Mar 01, 2018
I have written my IELTS and I scored 6.5, Australia was actually my destination but I wouldn't know if I qualify for such post
WhyNa:
The admission/application period is here again and lots of folks are preparing. One of the basic requirements for this is the English Language proficiency test.

Some would be applying for the first time while some are already gurus in this area. So ask your questions here for the first timers and I'l try my possible best to answer. For the gurus in the house, you are welcome to contribute and help others out.

Please note that this thread is for IELTS intending 'takers'.

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by smilz(m): 10:06am On Mar 01, 2018
Please what's the Identification Document Issuing Authority for Nigerian passport?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kokaiye: 12:07pm On Mar 01, 2018
They are asking of the organization that issue u d identification document u r going to present on ur test date eg ur international passport which ws given 2 u by d nigeria immigration service... Hope u understand
smilz:
Please what's the Identification Document Issuing Authority for Nigerian passport?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kokaiye: 12:10pm On Mar 01, 2018
Whoelse is going for his/her test on April 19? I cant b d only one... Right?! undecided
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by sylvia2cute(f): 3:07pm On Mar 02, 2018
uckennety:
Please anyone taking the exam 10th march

Please share your after experience with me.Have you done your speaking test ?please share your after experience with me in all aspect. As mine will be coming up in April.Thank you. For better communication⬇️⬇️

Otabornkoyen@yahoo.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by sylvia2cute(f): 3:12pm On Mar 02, 2018
Yinkaolu:
Results are now out
Login through your portal
I had a 7.5 overall

Bros, kindly share your secret/materials with me. Mine will be coming up in April. Thank you. God bless you.

Otabornkoyen@yahoo.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by uckennety(m): 3:23pm On Mar 02, 2018
sylvia2cute:

Please share your after experience with me.Have you done your speaking test ?please share your after experience with me in all aspect. As mine will be coming up in April.Thank you. For better communication⬇️⬇️

Otabornkoyen@yahoo.com

Noooooo i have not

I have not gotten any test
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Rotiix(m): 8:51pm On Mar 05, 2018
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Desdemona(f): 12:46pm On Mar 11, 2018
What determines the acceptable band score for IELTS exam. I keep hearing different opinions.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by fizzile(m): 12:13am On Mar 17, 2018
Is anyone taking the test on 24th of March? How prepared are you?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by mim1031: 10:40pm On Mar 21, 2018
mim1031:
I checked my result S: 6.5, R: 7.5 L:7.5 W: 7.5 OVERALL 7.5. I need 7 band score in speaking, hence i'm considering a re-mark. does anyone know the cost implication of remarking the test?

I got my EOR result today and guess what? Speaking was upgraded from 6.5 to 7.5. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by uckennety(m): 10:41pm On Mar 21, 2018
mim1031:

I got my EOR result today and guess what? Speaking was upgraded from 6.5 to 7.5. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by uckennety(m): 11:03pm On Mar 23, 2018
I will ask for a remark in speaking

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by fizzile(m): 1:40am On Mar 24, 2018
Guys in January i had the test in UK and scored listening 7.5....speaking 8.5....writing 8.0...reading 7.5.
Please is it possible asking for a remark in listening? Cos i need atleast an 8.0 in listening. This had made me register again which i am writing today 24th. If i ask for remark, will it come out better?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by MrBigiman: 8:58pm On Mar 24, 2018
fizzile:
Guys in January i had the test in UK and scored listening 7.5....speaking 8.5....writing 8.0...reading 7.5.
Please is it possible asking for a remark in listening? Cos i need atleast an 8.0 in listening. This had made me register again which i am writing today 24th. If i ask for remark, will it come out better?

It's a waste of time and money remarking listening. That and reading are objective parts of the exams and ur score would hardly change. Peace!

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by mosky47: 8:07pm On Mar 28, 2018
Hi everyone. Thank you all for posting on this thread. I used information from here to prepare for my IELTS.

Although my result is not out, I am confident that it will be good. I hope to share my experiences here, but I will be more confident after I see the result....lol.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by mosky47: 8:13pm On Mar 28, 2018
CHALLENGES
The least of my challenge was getting materials, as there are lots of practice around.
I needed to get an overall score of 8, at least 7.5, but most lectures I saw said how good their teachings were, and how they could help you get a band 6 score or more.....lol

PREPARATION TIME:
I think 1 month uninterrupted is enough to adequately prepared for it.

PS: Note that the exam is not a test of intelligence. If you use intelligence, you will fail it. There are techniques to passing it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.