Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (588420 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Betgal(f): 5:33pm On Aug 25, 2020
Opyvitee:
Please has anybody written ielts mod test in Ibadan this August

I have, I wrote on 8th August!
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Swiftlee(m): 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
Betgal:

I have, I wrote on 8th August!
I registered for MOD and the test date is 29th. I can't find speaking among the schedule for that day! Was your own like that?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Betgal(f): 10:33am On Aug 26, 2020
Swiftlee:

I registered for MOD and the test date is 29th. I can't find speaking among the schedule for that day! Was your own like that?

Speaking test is usually separate from the others. Mine was a day after the L,R&W. You'll get an email for your speaking schedule before your test date, don't worry.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by EnglishWithJosh: 3:05pm On Aug 26, 2020
EnglishWithJosh:
TO JOIN THE IELTS INTENSIVE TUTORIAL GROUP, SEND "IELTS" TO 08.0. 7.8. 7.2. 5.5. 5.5. THROUGH WHATSAPP ONLY.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by jonsnow92: 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2020
farnet:

Many people are....in short no one on that date and there about has seen their result. Its just the trend now..check my post just above urs
Got my results today
Overall 7.5
Im happy but feel i could have done better.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by PhilJames: 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2020
Please guys I need your input,

1. Between PBT and CBT, which is most preferred? I tried registering through British council website but I was only seeing paper based test.

2. What is the difference between IELTS MOD and IELTS British council?

3. Enugu is the closest city around me, are there centres where the examination can be taken in Enugu?

Thank you guys.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ladykilllar: 7:20pm On Aug 26, 2020
philip2014:
please i am having issues with writing section, i scored 6.5 twice, any advice, study material or website where i can prepare to score above 6.5
Thanks

Well you are almost there and I believe you can do better.

I don't know if you wrote academic or General Ielts but I wrote general so i will give tips on how I aced it.

Get familiar with all 4/5 types of essays and know how to answer them

Practice a lot with by timing yourself with no disturbance. Try to dedicate time to task 2 first then come back to write task 1. When you practice a lot you can finish writing in about 50 minutes

Makesure you make your writing legible and neat and also try to download and print the writing answer sheet and use it to practice so you would know how many lines you need for 250 words and above.

Follow the general technique of essay writing. ALWAYS PARAPHRASE THE TOPIC AND STATE YOUR OPINION WHEN ASKED TO

Makesure you use a decent grammatical range in writing, use the writing conjuctions, words, punctuations etc.

First paragraph (paraphrase)
Body paragraph 1
Body paragraph 2
Conclusion

Also go to YouTube and check ielts liz. There's also ielts jacky (people rarely use her but i like her method)
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by philip2014(m): 7:52pm On Aug 26, 2020
Thanks so much for your contribution.i will put it to use.
ladykilllar:

I don't know if you wrote academic or General Ielts but I wrote general so i will give tips on how I aced it.

Practice a lot with by timing yourself with no disturbance. Try to dedicate time to task 2 first then come back to write task 1. When you practice a lot you can finish writing in about 50 minutes

Makesure you make your writing legible and neat and also try to download and print the writing answer sheet and use it to practice so you would know how many lines you need for 250 words and above.

Follow the general technique of essay writing. ALWAYS PARAPHRASE THE TOPIC AND STATE YOUR OPINION WHEN ASKED TO

Makesure you use a decent grammatical range in writing, use the writing conjuctions, words, punctuations etc.

Body paragraph 1
Body paragraph 2
Conclusion

Also go to YouTube and check ielts liz. There's also ielts jacky (people rarely use her but i like her method)
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by clementbiola(m): 9:18pm On Aug 26, 2020
I need tutor for TOEFL
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Swiftlee(m): 1:48am On Aug 27, 2020
Betgal:

Speaking test is usually separate from the others. Mine was a day after the L,R&W. You'll get an email for your speaking schedule before your test date, don't worry.
Thank you greatly!

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ChildofFavor: 7:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
ladykilllar:

Body paragraph 1
Body paragraph 2
Conclusion

Please do you have any material one can prepared with?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ChildofFavor: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
EnglishWithJosh:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM TUTORIAL GROUP

Note: You will need to download Telegram before you could join.
Joining right away.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Goodylicious74(f): 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2020
Hello everyone, I just got my result. I wrote with IDP.
Listening 8.5
Reading 7.5
Speaking 7.5
Writing 7.0

Overall 7.5

I'm so happy. Thank God.

10 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2020
if you are in lagos and in need of an ielts tutor then reach me on kighotobore90@gmail.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by phylp: 7:05pm On Aug 28, 2020
Hello everyone, planing to take my IELTS in Ibadan by October. is there any whatsapp/telegram group to join (Share link) and I also need a study mate. Kindly reach out via whatsapp if you can assist or willing to study together @ 08151017423. Thank you.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by khattab008: 8:43am On Aug 29, 2020
Has anyone here written with MOD at Unilag HRDC?

Do they provide headsets for the listening section there?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by PhilJames: 10:56am On Aug 29, 2020
Swiftlee:
I am scheduled to write my Exam in Enugu on 24th and 25th. I want to know if anybody is scheduled to write for this weekend like me too.

Please where did you register?
I'm in Enugu and I am looking for registration centre here.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ukemnseg(m): 12:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
My Results
British Council Computer-Based IELTS for UKVI Academic
Location - Workforce Group, Gbagada, Lagos
Date - August 11th, 2020

Overall - 8.5
Listening - 8.5
Reading - 9.0
Writing - 8.0
Speaking - 7.5

For work/study in the UK

15 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by EnglishWithJosh: 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2020
EnglishWithJosh:
TO JOIN THE IELTS INTENSIVE TUTORIAL GROUP, SEND "IELTS" TO 08.0. 7.8. 7.2. 5.5. 5.5. THROUGH WHATSAPP ONLY.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Swiftlee(m): 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2020
PhilJames:

Please where did you register? I'm in Enugu and I am looking for registration centre here.
I registered online. The exam did not hold because of COVID19.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by HEART1234: 10:24pm On Aug 29, 2020
Wao!!!!!

Am happy for you

The score will be fruitful

Please can you give insight on how you ace the exam

Thanks

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by PhilJames: 2:04pm On Aug 30, 2020
Swiftlee:

I registered online. The exam did not hold because of COVID19.
Up till this moment you have not written the examination?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Oshay53: 3:22pm On Aug 30, 2020
Ukemnseg,

Congrats on your feat.

Please, give me tips on how you went about it.

I want to schedule mine for last week in September, and it is also academic.

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Swiftlee(m): 5:19pm On Aug 30, 2020
PhilJames:
Up till this moment you have not written the examination?
I have written it already!
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Aquilapriscilla: 5:50pm On Aug 30, 2020
ukemnseg:
My Results
British Council Computer-Based IELTS for UKVI Academic
Location - Workforce Group, Gbagada, Lagos
Date - August 11th, 2020

Overall - 8.5
Listening - 8.5
Reading - 9.0
Writing - 8.0
Speaking - 7.5

For work/study in the UK
Congratulations Brother

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by PhilJames: 10:50pm On Aug 30, 2020
Swiftlee:

I have written it already!
Oh great.

I'm just skeptical about the ielts.ng website, I don't know if it's legit and the online payment.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Swiftlee(m): 8:13am On Aug 31, 2020
PhilJames:

Oh great.

I'm just skeptical about the ielts.ng website, I don't know if it's legit and the online payment.
It's a legit website! One is organized by MOD/IDP while another is for the British Council but both of them have same value and recognition.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by PhilJames: 12:02pm On Aug 31, 2020
Swiftlee:

It's a legit website! One is organized by MOD/IDP while another is for the British Council but both of them have same value and recognition.

Alright
Thanks a lot bro.

Paper based or Computer based? Which did you write?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Abolarin91(m): 12:25pm On Aug 31, 2020
Good day here! I am fortunate to get to this thread. Pls I intend to take ielts text, pls I am new to it so I beg of you to take me through the process. Thanks in advance
WhyNa:
The admission/application period is here again and lots of folks are preparing. One of the basic requirements for this is the English Language proficiency test.

Some would be applying for the first time while some are already gurus in this area. So ask your questions here for the first timers and I'l try my possible best to answer. For the gurus in the house, you are welcome to contribute and help others out.

Please note that this thread is for IELTS intending 'takers'.

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Abolarin91(m): 12:35pm On Aug 31, 2020
Hi, can you give me an insight on how to take the text or you have anyaterials? I plan to take ielts next month. Thanks in anticipation
Goodylicious74:
Hello everyone, I just got my result. I wrote with IDP.
Listening 8.5
Reading 7.5
Speaking 7.5
Writing 7.0

Overall 7.5

I'm so happy. Thank God.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Swiftlee(m): 1:16pm On Aug 31, 2020
PhilJames:

Alright Thanks a lot bro.
Paper based or Computer based? Which did you write?
It was a paper based test. It did it last Saturday.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by PhilJames: 1:34pm On Aug 31, 2020
Swiftlee:

It was a paper based test. It did it last Saturday.
Thanks
Success to you as you await your result.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

Viewing this topic: TheHulk616 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.