Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School (49662 Views)

Funny Ways Kids Are Taught In Schools(share Your Experience) / 16 Errors That Are Still Taught In Nigerian Schools Today / Lies You Were Told About The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Linus4get(m): 7:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
We were taught all of dos cos dat hw the capaciy of our senses can carry!so as we grow other u find things a little differently.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by holyboss: 7:43pm On Aug 21, 2014
einsteino:

first sue him for not teaching you how to spell correctly grin
smiley that's my mistake undecided not my teachers fault grin #modified
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by AONO: 7:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
11. Nigeria is the giant of Africa
12. Super eagle of Nigeria will win next World cup
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Natasha2(f): 7:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
Wow, we are backward
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by lasheez(m): 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
Nerosoft19: the biggest lie i heard bak in schl ''weed is an unwanted plant''
No.....weed is any unwanted plant,planted where it is not wanted.E.g if you plant cassava and after say 2 months u discovered maize begins to grow around your cassava,the maize unfortunately becomes a weed.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
MadCow1:

YOU MEAN MY EDUCATION WAS ALL A LIE!!! shocked shocked shocked

angry

What Next?!! The Virgin Mary was not really a Virgin?! angry
@So u quote all dis things just to write 3lines... Chai!!... Dere's God ohh
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by QAPHAYNE: 8:57pm On Aug 21, 2014
# tears certificate#

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Psylas(m): 9:08pm On Aug 21, 2014
igbsam:

But what is the true story behind fifa banning india ? Why india no dey participate for football. I want to know biko!
fifa didn't ban India, India doesn't know how to play football, same with China and other Asian con3s apart of Koreas and Japan
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Psylas(m): 9:16pm On Aug 21, 2014
Op ur no 5 is false, ok how did homosapiens come to exist on the face of Earth if not through evolution?
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by adepojuis: 9:40pm On Aug 21, 2014
We were told “all liars would go to (hell/heaven)”

Am yet to see it happen.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by blackman84: 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
Mungo park discovered river niger. This is a big lie and a slap on our face. Its very obvious that our great grand father had been fishing on river niger before mungo park father mate with his mother.

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by clemz88(m): 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2014
Ask guugle[b][/b]
papiforreal: Did anybody receive his payment for making frontapage recently??
grin
papiforreal: Did anybody receive his payment for making frontapage recently??
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by ceceee(f): 10:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
Finding x.....since it was never missing in the first place.....
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by TOYNEX(f): 10:49pm On Aug 21, 2014
technophile: 10. India 99 - 1 Nigeria
After India have beaten us 99 - 0, they now said if we can score just only 1 goal we have won the match. That was when Okparaji stepped in, as he was about to kick the ball like this, the ball just turn into a big rock, but he managed to put the ball into the net sha and he collapsed. That's why FIFA banned India from playing football till today o.

n ur teacher taught u dis fairy tale?
abeg which school u go?
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
@Op, you are right about number 5. any one that believes in that lie is free to cage him/herself with the monkeys and apes to have a feel of his/her own ancestry.little wonder why some people choose to behave like animals. Evolution is taught and believed by people who don't want to be held accountable for anything.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by samurairulzz(m): 11:16pm On Aug 21, 2014
I was told that 0 means nothing... I never knew it was a lie

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nelrulez(m): 11:21pm On Aug 21, 2014
I could remember been told by my teachers that students who skips lectures don't pass exams but alas I've passed couple of exams without lectures.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by isi4(m): 11:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
technophile: 10. India 99 - 1 Nigeria
After India have beaten us 99 - 0, they now said if we can score just only 1 goal we have won the match. That was when Okparaji stepped in, as he was about to kick the ball like this, the ball just turn into a big rock, but he managed to put the ball into the net sha and he collapsed. That's why FIFA banned India from playing football till today o.

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by isi4(m): 11:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
LordRepz: That if you didn't make good grades in school,you can never make it in life! Lie of the century...

grin grin grin

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by ruffplay: 12:00am On Aug 22, 2014
Greatest lie in history is education
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Ndipe(m): 1:52am On Aug 22, 2014
Mungo park founded River Niger.

By the way, why is there a Columbus day in America when it goes against popular opinion that he founded America?
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by 19naia(m): 2:32am On Aug 22, 2014
Coal and diamonds may not appear in the same earth strata or same composite type layers of earth... But the earth is always cycling its top later into the mantle through tectonic subduction... So very old top strata is sub-ducted down into the mantle and below.. The pressure and heat rises for the sub-ducted material and that includes coal.. So its possible that old sub-ducted carbon rich earth strata included coal that was pressurized and heated at a very slow rate until diamonized.. Then the diamonds later find the way out through volcanic fissures.. As long as the source of diamonds makings are unknown, it is open to speculation and study which leaves open the theory of coal being slowly sub-ducted below the mantle and slowly pressure heated into diamonds... I still doubt my own theory until i can be sure that diamonds can be dated back to pre life form ages.. Because that would not tie it to coal which is made by decomposed carbon based life forms...
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by infolekan(m): 3:04am On Aug 22, 2014
torch01: OP, you've tried. I appreciate the time you spent on this educative page but I guess you went 'gaaga' in few points of yours and that's because its simply my field:
thermodynamics tells us there are three basic states of matter and other states is as result of Newton, Bose, Einstein, fem., theories

meanwhile, science has fooled everyone of us that people have been to the moon before, on the contrary no one has been there before

People have actually been to the moon.
The argument has always been if the UNITED States was there at the first time they said they were there.
That's for the proponents of Conspiracy Theories though. Man has been to the moon and severally.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by infolekan(m): 3:07am On Aug 22, 2014
ruffplay: Greatest lie in history is education

Not really.
History is not just about money.
Most of the inventors went to School.
History at least taught us that so it can't be the greatest lie in history.
Plus the Sons & Daughters of the so called Billionaires you mention are ALL going to school....to a certain extent at least...so don't be deceived.
Try being an illiterate.
It's all about chances.

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by samx4real(m): 5:59am On Aug 22, 2014
Its even 10.
Leaders of tomorrow...

1985, IBB was the president of Nigeria and our teachers told us that Buhari was the former Head of state.
Our teacher also called us "the leaders of tomorrow." 27 years later, IBB and Buhari are still contesting for Presidency.

In 1983, Bamanga Tukur was the Governor of the defunct Gongola State (now Adamawa &
Taraba and 31 years later, former PDP
Chairman and today an Ambassador at Large).

Major General David Mark(rtd) was the military governor of Niger State in 1984 and 28years later he is today the Senate President.

So Its either our teacher lied to us about being the leaders of tomorrow or "tomorrow" is yet to come.

Now who is fooling who?
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Unionised(m): 7:16am On Aug 22, 2014
fajani: Is it not 9 planets we have?

No it's 10.

Nigeria has just been discovered....
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by CharlieMaria(m): 8:04am On Aug 22, 2014
MadCow1:

YOU MEAN MY EDUCATION WAS ALL A LIE!!! shocked shocked shocked

angry

What Next?!! The Virgin Mary was not really a Virgin?! angry
Must you attack the Virgin Mary at the least opportunity? Were you paid to attack her perpetual Virginity? But let me assure you one thing. Whether you want to believe it or not she is Ever Virgin. Can you explain how the bush blazed in Exo3:1-5 without burning the bush? Yet you want to explain with your tiny head how Mary as a Virgin conceived Jesus and remained a virgin afterwards. Please if you don't know what to comment on better keep quiet, because I will not stay here and allow you blaspheme my Mother.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by CharlieMaria(m): 8:08am On Aug 22, 2014
Psylas: Op ur no 5 is false, ok how did homosapiens come to exist on the face of Earth if not through evolution?
How many Apes have you seen turn humans?
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by CharlieMaria(m): 8:11am On Aug 22, 2014
Billyonaire: Biggest Lie:

Heaven and Hell Story is one of the greatest scams of all ages.
At your death you will know better.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by rexzqcom(m): 8:55am On Aug 22, 2014
Jesus was born of a virgin Mary. He lived, and will return.

What we know today as Jesus Christ was created by ancient Egyptian's Melchite Coptic spiritual Order for the Greek invader, against the protest of Majority of Egyptian's Coptic Order as OSERAPIS, from the fusion of ancient Egyptian ancestral God name AUSAR, pronounce (OSA). Which is represented by OSIRIS star of the Orion belt of the night sky. And the sacred Bull of Memphis "APIS. And came up with the name oserapis, later Serapis. This , in effect, was to be use to create the religion of Chritianity by giving the Serapis icon/image a human nature through a dyophysitic union officially at the council of Ephesus in 431 (after the purported birth of christ). Serapis remain this man made icon name for over 900 years.
Virgin Mary was also created by the same process, from the Mother of Horus (oror) the sun, represented by ISIS.
The new testament was written by Desiderius Erasmus (oct 28, 1466----july 12, 1536). A homosexual, Dutch Renaissance humanist, commissioned by Pope Alexander V1 in early 1500 to write something on the object of christianity called Jesus Christ. After 16 years of formulating his writing by plagiarizing existing spiritual mythological stories, he came up with what is now the celestic gospels, or the three gospels of mark, mathew, and luke. In 1516 it was called "Novum Instrumentum Omne". 1519 they change it to "Novum Testamentum". In 1535 they change it to the "New Testament". He went on and added six more other books--- 1 & 11 peter, 1 & 11 corinthian, Galathian, and epistle to the Romans.
This is history, there has never been a man that ever walked the earth in human form of any race, creed, or color by the name of Jesus Christ.
Is all made up by knight Templar. Another group of French Jewish Templar wrote the Koran for the Mohammedan savior thereby launching Islamism. Judiasm never preceded christianity. Hebrew judiasm is not a B.c. religion. Is an AD religion. Though a jew wrote the old testament for the christians. His name is Moses Ben Maimon also called Rambam Maimonides completed 1475 (five books). Rashi Solomon Bar Isaac &Moses Ben Maimon formulated Judiasm into religion. I will stop here Guys. Do your research, check out the names supplied. Off course the King James version was written by group of theologians led by Lancelot Andrew(1555--5th sept 1626). An English Clergyman. All financed by Jews. In this version something happened. The 4th gospel of John came out for the very first time. That is were Jesus first became a Jew. That is how the Jews connected christianity with Judiasm. It was done by a cunny idea. Brothers know the truth. YOU ARE THE TRUTH.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by engrsoma(m): 8:57am On Aug 22, 2014
how can you say there are more than 5 senses of smell... oya tell me which orgn controls the sense of time, pressure. no dey do copy and paste anyhow
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by XKZ(m): 8:58am On Aug 22, 2014
0 - 1 =
It doesn't go...

But I guess like has been mentioned earlier it has to do with the student's educational level. And also whether you are dealing with physical or abstract concepts.
Man has the unique ability amongst living things to imagine things into being.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Owerri Mega School Collapses After Rainfall; Was Slated For Commissioning / Young Lady Gets Admissions into 50 American Universities (Photo) / NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.