Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? (3066 Views)

Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms / Voguepay-online CARD Payment Processor By Afrisoft. / Afrisoft Interactive Buys Www.estoresms.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by Afunwa92: 10:29am On Aug 21, 2014
Yeah, there are some cool features on SPC 4 but at the same time too many bugs.

I ain't writing this tarnish the image of the company, but the truth must be told, Afrisoft messed up a big time on SPC 4. Since I upgraded to SPC 4 my site has never remain the same, I keep on finding some bugs on the component, each time me and the support.

The most pathetic one is the female voice that pick their call these days, imagine a so called geek or developer can't download an attached text file and image screenshot I sent to her to assist me to fix one of the issues my website is facing. Since last week she is still figuring out on how to download an attached file and some other question I asked her. She keep on requesting for login details. Actually I don't know if she has different agenda. I wouldn't what happened last year to happen again on my cPanel.

My portal has been suffering set back since last week and I can no longer keep mute while my business run down.

What actually make me sick is that the two brain behind SPC can not be reach these days, only a female voice each time I call.

I must say this, Afrisoft made a great mistake on SPC 4, it doesn't look like one of their work. I see no reason they release that SPC 4 without fully test.

Something has to do be done about this.

I await to hear from either Mr lojik or Ife
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by Afunwa92: 7:56am On Aug 22, 2014
Ping
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by hilaryiwens05: 9:39am On Aug 22, 2014
Thank God somebody is voicing it out LOUD. I called the support for assistance on API configuration on my JEEMA SMS component since I upgraded my account and both the reseller sms unit. She requested for login details which I provided and has not done anything about that. The last time I called, she told me they are having network difficulties and cannot access websites. For more than a week now

2 Likes

Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by Youngzedd(m): 10:24am On Aug 23, 2014
I don't know why Afrisoft employ such lady for SPC 4 support when they know that SPC 4 got some issues.

It's really pathetic.

They shouldn't have release this SPC4 with so much issues.

Soon SPC will be a nightmare if the developers didn't do something fast.
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by onyengbu: 9:02pm On Aug 23, 2014
Please guys, excuse my ignorance. What is spc 4?
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 23, 2014
SPC 4 is Joomla Bulk Sms Component - something that turns a joomla website into a bulk sms site or something like that, I have not used it yet - but from what i have seen so far, i am only guessing though, i might be wrong though.
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by Youngzedd(m): 9:56am On Aug 24, 2014
The worst aspect is that, the new customers that bought this can't use it.

One week now after sending login details of new portal to the support, she haven't reply.

This guys are playing with people's business.

The worst aspect is this ;

I have sent an email to Afrisoft CEO and no reply.
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by Afunwa92: 9:02am On Aug 27, 2014
PING
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by Jackieriel(m): 6:13pm On Sep 03, 2014
Pls help I am having this error when trying to run SPC 4 on my local server
Fatal error: The file C:\xampp\htdocs\.....\components\com_spc\spc.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5 and cannot run under PHP 5.5. Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for either PHP 5.3 or PHP 5.5. in Unknown on line 0.
What could be the cause/ solution. I hav installed ioncube loader and it says ioncube loader 4.6.1 for PHP 5.5 Is installed successful.
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by felibrain: 1:40am On Sep 04, 2014
Jackieriel: Pls help I am having this error when trying to run SPC 4 on my local server
Fatal error: The file C:\xampp\htdocs\.....\components\com_spc\spc.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5 and cannot run under PHP 5.5. Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for either PHP 5.3 or PHP 5.5. in Unknown on line 0.
What could be the cause/ solution. I hav installed ioncube loader and it says ioncube loader 4.6.1 for PHP 5.5 Is installed successful.
Spc 4 does not support php 5.5. Downgrade your server and you will be cool
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by Jackieriel(m): 7:14am On Sep 04, 2014
felibrain:
Spc 4 does not support php 5.5. Downgrade your server and you will be cool
Thxs I will try dat
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by Gbemiwebdesig(m): 9:14am On Jan 24, 2015
I Don't Know what the problem is but what i know is SPC 4 is not yet perfect. I'm also having this issue with the copy sent to me.
Whenever a new user register after activation. the new user will be denied access to the SMS menu. If anyone know of a way to fix this problem please kindly assist
I have attach the said screenshot of the error. Or kindly register on emobilesms.com and check your email for confirmation to check directly

Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by geniusng(m): 3:04am On Mar 09, 2015
Haba, I thought I am the only one having this issue. After installing SPC4, the character counting is not working. Any Help?
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by lojik(m): 12:31am On Mar 13, 2015
Dear all, I apologise for the issues you've had so far and would try to address them here.

1. Regarding the lady (Head of SPC technical support), she's a trained programmer and one of the developers who built SPC 4. However, she will be re-assigned tomorrow based on the complaints received here. I am deeply sorry for her shortcomings.

2. For the original poster, since your issue is not mentioned here, i will not be able to address it yet. You will get a response from the office in the morning.

3. Dear hilaryiwens05, Regarding Jeema SMS, your message was to www.estoresms.com and not to SPC. They are separate companies and a response has just been sent to you (I searched for your unreplied ticket). I apologise for the delay and appriopriate measures will be taken to make sure this unnecessary delay does not repeat itself.

4. Dear Youngzedd, you have not pointed out any issue that is associated with the copy of SPC 4 you paid for. We have hundreds of websites running SPC 4 without a hitch. SPC 4 runs on joomla 2.5 and joomla 3. These versions are plagued with Jquery conflict amidst other issues when using multiple jquery dependent components (https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=joomla+jquery+conflict&oq=joomla+jquery+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.5763j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8). This has caused most people to associate the issues with our product. SPC4 is perfectly stable and you can confirm it from websites using it. You may also test it on www.estoresms.com.
I dont know your identity so i cant comment on the email you sent to me.

5. Dear Jackieriel, Kindly downgrade your php to 5.4. SPC4 security encoding will not work with php 5.5.

6. Dear Gbemiwebdesig, your users being denied access to the SMS menu is not a bug. SPC4 is designed to have its own role based access.
Go to Admin Menu->Settings->Website and set "Default role for new members" to "Members".

7. Dear geniusng, Your character counting that is not working is due to a JQuery conflict on your joomla version. Multiple components are loading versions of JQuery and its causing a conflict. This cannot be resolved without taking a critical look at your site since it is not an SPC specific issue. You may send a mail to SPC support so that we can look into these issues.
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by geniusng(m): 5:05am On Mar 14, 2015
Dear geniusng, Your character counting that is not working is due to a JQuery conflict on your joomla version. Multiple components are loading versions of JQuery and its causing a conflict. This cannot be resolved without taking a critical look at your site since it is not an SPC specific issue. You may send a mail to SPC support so that we can look into these issues.

Your payment with transaction ID 54a24e3d55f48 at VoguePay to SMS Portal Creator on 2014-12-30 was successful.
I made the payment for the SPC4 on 2014-12-30 and since then I have not used it, how much money do you think I have lost till date.

It is really painful. I have been in touch with support, but nothing reasonable is coming forth. Even my last email last week was not replied, it is just annoying that after investing almost N15, 000 to buy SPC4, nothing is coming forth.

If it is JQuery issue, I expect that SPC Team can have a solution for that but they always throw it back to me to go get jquery conflict resolution plugin.
I am really tired, getting to 3 months now. Help if you can. My site is http://www.happydaysms.com

Thank you.
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by lojik(m): 7:56pm On Mar 14, 2015
Dear geniusng,
A component (com_imageshow) is causing jquery conflict on your site.
Its loading its own jQuery even though your joomla already loaded a jquery instance.
There may be more extensions causing jQuery conflict but this is the one i saw on your homepage by looking at your source code.

I have replied the mail you sent to me today.
While we can try to resolve your present jQuery conflict issue, installing another component that loads jQuery without checking may cause a conflict again.

The best advice is for you to install a plugin that resolves jQuery conflict issues. We try not to install third party Joomla extensions for clients because of licensing issues. If we try to resolve it for you, we would have to modify some of these conflicting extensions and may violate their license in the process. Even when we do this, once you update such component, the conflict returns.

I strongly suggest you install a plugin that resolves jQuery conflict issues or mail our support where you can be better advised.
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 14, 2015
Interesting. . . . .kudos mister lojik!
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by femzysticks(m): 10:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
Dear mr Iojik, I am so happy you are here

I came with a truck load of problems which I encountered during my usage of SPC4

*API issue. When ever I test my api it shows a blank page with -2904. Note! My api was working with my spc3

*No alert menu. The 'subscribe sms alert' that was neglected in the development of SPC4 is a source of concern to me personally

*unable to edit admin settings. At this junction I would say SPC4 was developed in a hurry because most of the options in the admin panel do not have a button or option to create new table eg price models

*web shop. I really think SPC4 need a manual because I have. Been trying to setup the web shop but up till now it seems like latin to me (I understand nothing)

I don't want to have a reason to prefer spc3
because for now it think its better than the 'half' SPC4 am using

I will be glag if my issues are being looked upon
Thanks in anticipation

Femzysticks

1 Like

Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by Youngzedd(m): 10:29am On Mar 17, 2015
SPC4 have many bugs.

Check the tables, all scattered, check the manage members, you can't even export upto 2000 members details at once.
You can't search for a member on mobile which is working on SPC 3.

If I begin to list bugs this page will be filled up.

It took the CEO months to reply to this thread, my emails wasn't replied.

I will say it again, if Afrisoft will not release SPC 5 as soon as possible to correct all this bugs, I tell you many will look for another alternative.

SPC3 is better and more stable than SPC 4. Actually I regretted buying that stuff.

The worst part is that SPC 4 will just mess up with your website template. It doesn't look professional at all.

The support aren't helping issues. No lele all this shit will be over soon.

I have how many portals I have running on SPC 3 and SPC 4.

We customers deserve better than this @Lojik
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by lojik(m): 5:41pm On Mar 17, 2015
Dear femzystics,
* -2904 means SMS Sending Failed. If SMS sending works normally on your website, you may need to contact support to look at your setup.
* Subscribe sms alert was deliberately left out of SPC 4 and we made sure it was not listed as part of the features of SPC4 as advertised on the website. It was conflicting with some other components and since we did not have the control over what components our clients would install, it would bring too much issues.
* All admin settings are editable. The price model has a button to add and an icon to edit. If you want to edit, simply click on the pencil icon beside each row. The pencil icon represents editing as you can see in the tooltip that comes up when you move your mouse over it.
* SPC4 has a manual. Send an email to support to request for the manual.

Dear Youngzedd,
*If your tables are scattered, this must be your template issue. The tables are normal HTML tables and are not scattered normal templates.
*If you want to be able to export members up to 2000 at a go, you will have to export it page by page (1000 per page). However, we can not make high numbers default as most people use SPC on a shared servesr. Exporting members combine several sql tables and can max out your server power if not limited. For this reason, you can only export 1000 per page and export the next 1000 on the next page.
SPC 4 has search function for its pages on desktop and mobile, however, if your joomla template is not mobile responsive, your spc4 may not respond to mobile appriopriately.
*I am sorry it took me long to reply. I am not always on Nairaland. I come in once in a while and it is possible this thread is not on the first page when i come here. I was able to respond because i saw it on the first page.
*SPC3 consumes too much server resources. SPC 4 was built from scratch to be lean and faster. Very big SMS sites have issues with SPC3 because their servers were maxing out. We have clients that moved from shared to virtual to dedicated servers because of SPC 3. If your site is quite small, SPC3 can serve you. As we now have mega SMS sites in Nigeria, SPC 4 becomes inevitable.
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by femzysticks(m): 9:18pm On Mar 17, 2015
geniusng:

Your payment with transaction ID 54a24e3d55f48 at VoguePay to SMS Portal Creator on 2014-12-30 was successful.
I made the payment for the SPC4 on 2014-12-30 and since then I have not used it, how much money do you think I have lost till date.

It is really painful. I have been in touch with support, but nothing reasonable is coming forth. Even my last email last week was not replied, it is just annoying that after investing almost N15, 000 to buy SPC4, nothing is coming forth.

If it is JQuery issue, I expect that SPC Team can have a solution for that but they always throw it back to me to go get jquery conflict resolution plugin.
I am really tired, getting to 3 months now. Help if you can. My site is http://www.happydaysms.com

Thank you.

Visited your site. Your site needs some serious work
I was actually confused if you are advertising joomla template or sending sms

Give a visitor a reason to click that link again

Femzysticks
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by Jackieriel(m): 3:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
Pls I nEed urgent help. My api is not workin. I can send sms using de normal compose sms on de site. But if I try using api in sending showing password/username combination error. But de password and username I use are very correct
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by Nobody: 11:48am On May 03, 2015
Please help me out. I tried posting this issue on the forum of smsportalcreator.com website, but when I submit, I end up not seeing my post.

ISSUE#

Half of my website address is always appended to all out going messages of both my customers and I. I need this fix.

THINGS I HAVE DONE#

1. I left the option "Append to all outgoing SMS." blank to disable it.
2. I currently don't have a signature and so I wonder where that signature s coming from.
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by Jacktech: 10:01pm On May 03, 2015
blogexpert:
Please help me out. I tried posting this issue on the forum of smsportalcreator.com website, but when I submit, I end up not seeing my post.

ISSUE#

Half of my website address is always appended to all out going messages of both my customers and I. I need this fix.

THINGS I HAVE DONE#

2. I currently don't have a signature and so I wonder where that signature s coming from.

Which of the spc are you using
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by Nobody: 10:54am On May 04, 2015
SPC 4
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 04, 2015
blogexpert:

ISSUE#

THINGS I HAVE DONE#

It had nothing to do with spc4. It was the signature from my sms reseller account that was being appended to all messages in my sms system. #Problem Fixed.
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by Jacktech: 6:00pm On May 04, 2015
blogexpert:
It had nothing to do with spc4. It was the signature from my sms reseller account that was being appended to all messages in my sms system. #Problem Fixed.

That's what I wanted to be sure of becos spc 3 and spc 4 hav a little difference in dat
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by shorxynla(m): 10:47pm On May 04, 2015
SPC 4 crashes my sms website few months back with hundreds of customers due to inadequate technical support and lots of bugs. If I had know I won't upgrade to SPC 4. Anyway such is life. If anyone knows any better SMS website creator, please beep me, I need to start a fresh.
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by dacyberbos(m): 8:47pm On May 08, 2015
I have spc4 licence, 100% bug free. I wont drop my site url bcoz of afrisoft. If you need it just contact me on 08038864641. Ever since i started using it, i havnt encountered any issue with it . Note: am not advertising. Only serious people will get it..
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by dacyberbos(m): 8:48pm On May 08, 2015
shorxynla:
SPC 4 crashes my sms website few months back with hundreds of customers due to inadequate technical support and lots of bugs. If I had know I won't upgrade to SPC 4. Anyway such is life. If anyone knows any better SMS website creator, please beep me, I need to start a fresh.
why not use Spc3 or resellers component? Its 100%. Bug free. Contact me, i have d unlimited license key for spc and resellers component.
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 12, 2015
@lojik

I submitted a ticket with number #918684

People are already losing so much money concerning the issue.
Re: Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? by smthosting: 5:46pm On May 14, 2015
contact http://www.smthosting.com
shorxynla:

(1) (Reply)

Google Adsense Cheque / My Experience With E-topup.com.ng. Is This A Scam Or What? / Premium Blogger Templates For Sale At Giveaway Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.