Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? (19864 Views)

Tweet I Read Yesterday About Job Seekers, I Thought I Should Share. / My Funny Job Hunting Experience / What I Learnt From My Two Months Of Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by sleekytoolz(f): 2:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
bbdrown: Job hunting in Nigeria is job itself. But so many things piss me off.
1- Waiting for almost eternity to get shortlisted for test, then another century to get results, which one may eventually get a regret mail...chai
2-Some HRs saying most Naija graduates are unemployable. I'm very sure they didnt do Dragnet and Workforce tests during their own time!
3-Guys who are already working, applying for jobs which they will later find out after passing d tests or interview, that they don't pay well compared to their current job. Thereby blocking d unemployed.
4-Some nairalanders asking questions abt a particular coy but unwilling to tell how they applied!
Drop yours, pls.

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
why a recruitment process cannot last jst a week or less, and why do they have to set all dis yeye gmat and shl angry

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Classicman47(m): 2:21pm On Aug 22, 2014
ABEngine: 1. Friends never mention when the applications were ongoing but will waste no time to publish their locations if you wish to gate crash.
2. Having to suffer the collective fate of being amongst a wrong group during a group interview session.
3. Delaying candidates the entire day, subjecting the to physical and psychological stresses yet expect optimal performance NLNG & NNPC
4. Stampede
5. Job portals making our emails available for SEO marketers and spam mailers at a fee
6. Publishing already filled vacancies for the sake of due process
7. Redundant email links or dead career portals on most companies webpage
8. For the mushroom-like firms with big pay, the gate man doubles as the personnel recruiting officer, if you don't dance to his tune please check the bin
9. Girls run from you like a plague, don't even let em spot your bent heel
10. For indigenous oil companies and few others, its ladies first. Keep that weight appropriately it might just land you the next big job
11. I suffer shaa those years, trying to listen to my lady's heart but she kept paying attention to my purse. Then one day, She left and I paid more attention to the hunt #InAkimbo#

It was fun after all, stories must be told. Be diligent, remain steadfast in prayer and be informed. #ThatsAll
ARE U SOME KIND OF A POET??
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by YoungDaNaval(m): 2:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
When The Employer Says "YOU CAN GO NOW, WE'LL CALL YOU SOON" and after 1,2weeks ah didn't get any 4uckin call 4rm them. E Dey Vex Me Eeh!!
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by baba11(m): 2:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
...On getting to test or interview venue..you may see a guy with wrinkles gradually showcasing their stuff..and when you peep and check his cv..don't be surprised..25yrs old only..#chai..naija,i hail thee!!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by paranorman(m): 2:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
tolutweety:

What could be more annoying and frustrating than you thinking and saying everyday " when will i stop applying for job sef embarassed , i don tire ! cry"
as in ehn, i dey tell you!
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by seagullbabz(m): 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
Mine is writing a CBT test, and waiting forever for the result, and then Dragnet sends you a text you got 48.21 as scores, and even send like 2 emails and 1 extra text again to buttress their point like you argued its a lie. Then you find out the text came in when some people have even collected their first month pay for the same position.

11 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by persie98: 2:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
every thing being done online angry[img]http://smsh.me/axul.jpg[/img][img]http://smsh.me/azlb.jpg[/img]
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by ffo(m): 2:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
Let me share my experience:

I submitted some friends CV in my organisation few days back, after a lot of lobbying, they were ALL invited for test.
1. one of them submitted her CV with an invalid email address (got me wondering why she didnt change it)
2. One of them said i should try to help her influence the result that she didnt write it well.
3. One of them almost insulted me that the notice period was too short.
4. Another one said he doesnt have money for TP
5. Another one came very late for the test giving excuse of rainfall in abuja in the morning (even though i came to the office in the same rain)
6. out of 5 people that came for the test, only ONE of them thanked me for the opportunity.

22 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Abduljohn(m): 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
1. When an interviewer ask u, Do u va an experience and u said no den he/she says i can't waste my money training u 4 anoda company.
2. When u re ask in an interview to tell dem abt ursef n afterall said and done u get NO 4 an ansa. U knw me pass myself?

3 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
seagullbabz: Mine is writing a CBT test, and waiting forever for the result, and then Dragnet sends you a text you got 48.21 as scores, and even send like 2 emails and 1 extra text again to buttress their point like you argued its a lie. Then you find out the text came in when some people have even collected their first month pay for the same position.
grin grin grin...

It's well
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by eemjay17(m): 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
Gozychuks: When U ask a girl out or trying to be friends with her. And she asks ''What do u do'' and u answer am ''currently job hunting''. Then she loses interest and stops paying u attention sometimes even sees u as good for nothing. That really hurts.
grin grin....now that is painfull.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by TheRealAdonye(m): 3:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
Lool Guy.. I have a feeling I know the particular person wey make you post this thing..

Lewinskee: People bragging that they already have a job, that they just applied for applying sake yet they're always on nairaland job section from morning till night looking for job. grin

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by saintandsinnerz: 3:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
Jamean:

lwkmd4h (h)o...

With this kain grammar and sentence construction how you wan take get work? My dear, Jesus may have to come down by himself to conduct the recruitment process.

You are as much as guilty as the person you are accusing of bad grammar. Nothing really separates both of you

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Cpumping(m): 3:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
1. Complaining about been unemployed, mehn it af tire me.

2. After passing UBA's training school. 2 months later you call HR, HR says ' don't worry we are on top of it, you wd be called soon'
Damn frustrating.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Cpumping(m): 3:36pm On Aug 22, 2014
Gozychuks:
Others have been posted by others above no need to repeat them. And these is not about me bro. So many pple experience it.

U r aware MarvelousGod is female right?
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by crowntoro(f): 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
seagullbabz: Mine is writing a CBT test, and waiting forever for the result, and then Dragnet sends you a text you got 48.21 as scores, and even send like 2 emails and 1 extra text again to buttress their point like you argued its a lie. Then you find out the text came in when some people have even collected their first month pay for the same position.
this actually got me cracking grin
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Gozychuks(m): 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
Cpumping:

Did.n't knw o. Ur just telling me. Sowie o sister MarvelousGod. I knw a guy dat bears marvelous

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
bbdrown: mehn, those GE guys...Maybe it's Ghost Employment (GE) they are doing. grin

You are joking right ? Cos they ain't true.GE do recruit people. I have attended their interview once and I was extremely impressed!!
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by ffo(m): 3:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
Jamean:

So Jesus answered and said, "were there not 10 cleansed? But where are the 9"
smiley

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by crowntoro(f): 3:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
Lewinskee: People bragging that they already have a job, that they just applied for applying sake yet they're always on nairaland job section from morning till night looking for job. grin
LMFAO grin grin grin grin grin, I know the person you are talking about. lipsrsealed
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by amunekeuto: 3:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
employers demanding kpomo from female applicants!
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by seagullbabz(m): 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
crowntoro: this actually got me cracking grin

lol...Thats the definition of dragnet's CBT..
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by seagullbabz(m): 3:57pm On Aug 22, 2014
MarvellousGod: grin grin grin...

It's well

Amen ma'am
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by jpphilips(m): 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
ABEngine: 1. Friends never mention when the applications were ongoing but will waste no time to publish their locations if you wish to gate crash.
2. Having to suffer the collective fate of being amongst a wrong group during a group interview session.
3. Delaying candidates the entire day, subjecting the to physical and psychological stresses yet expect optimal performance NLNG & NNPC
4. Stampede
5. Job portals making our emails available for SEO marketers and spam mailers at a fee
6. Publishing already filled vacancies for the sake of due process
7. Redundant email links or dead career portals on most companies webpage
8. For the mushroom-like firms with big pay, the gate man doubles as the personnel recruiting officer, if you don't dance to his tune please check the bin
9. Girls run from you like a plague, don't even let em spot your bent heel
10. For indigenous oil companies and few others, its ladies first. Keep that weight appropriately it might just land you the next big job
11. I suffer shaa those years, trying to listen to my lady's heart but she kept paying attention to my purse. Then one day, She left and I paid more attention to the hunt #InAkimbo#

It was fun after all, stories must be told. Be diligent, remain steadfast in prayer and be informed. #ThatsAll

You expect him or her to tell you she slept with someone to get the slot? use your head!!
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
Been told "No vacancy" in bastardized forms of Engish by security men angry Graduates don suffer

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 22, 2014
Cpumping:

cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kogi State Teaching Service Commision (TSC) Recruiting / Constables Recruitment: IG Releases List Of Successful Candidates / What Is Your Salary At Hand ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.