Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,697 members, 7,802,056 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? (19862 Views)

Tweet I Read Yesterday About Job Seekers, I Thought I Should Share. / My Funny Job Hunting Experience / What I Learnt From My Two Months Of Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by ABEngine(m): 11:12am On Aug 24, 2014
jpphilips:

You expect him or her to tell you she slept with someone to get the slot? use your head!!

Mr. Phillips, Read properly. #1 Simply described a situation where some folks I ordinarily hint about openings at several firms actually applied to an indigenous oil servicing firm without notifying a fellow hunter. Just one morning I found a pix at the firm's waiting room and their location on fb. When I put a call across I was told gatecrashing was permitted and the explanations I sought would follow after the test. It ain't got nothing to do with getting a job or bleeping as contained in your misguided comment. Thank you
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by ABEngine(m): 11:24am On Aug 24, 2014
Capableben:

pls what course did you study sir

I did Mechanical Engineering Sir.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by ABEngine(m): 11:31am On Aug 24, 2014
Welrez: That so awkward moment when you meet a mountainous pile of files before submitting your own application. Nigga would be like... Who will sort out all these? Whose would go to the toilet? Whose would gather cobwebs...

Fortunately, they all do have a chance. The truth is, these organizations do hope to recruit the best hands. But at this stage you mentioned only one criteria is considered ie how detailed and error free these cvs are. One typographical err could send a cv to the bin, the HR person could easily assume you weren't meticulous and cant be deemed fit.

I have this experience though the outcome was eventually positive
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by ABEngine(m): 11:39am On Aug 24, 2014
eledacedar:

Number 5 ehn.
Imagine getting an invitation for a chat with mgt and placing a call to the number and they tell you that it's based on your application on a job portal.

On getting there, they give you paper that you'll write a short test and while you are wondering why a test when the SMS invite says chat, you get the shocker.

It's MLM! MULTILEVEL MARKETING SH* T OF ONE YEYE PRODUCT LIKE THAT.

We nearly beat them up that day o.

During the hunt, I ignorantly attended a supposed test which both started in the same manner, introduction of the product lines and how fervency in marketing had made some predecessors in the program wealthy and how much opportunity avails itself above our conventional jobs, how flexibility is assured and some wack incentives. I mean I IGNORAMUSLY attended two different invites that usually come in an sms with headings HR**** and its likes. I had to quit honouring such texts after realizing I just spent some fortune in transit to and fro.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Marvin67: 12:25pm On Aug 24, 2014
Friends and relatives asking you for money, even though they know you're jobless.

Having to write those GMATS test which even the HR can cannot answer all in 3 hours, yet he expects you to answer all in 30minutes.

Relatives using your situation as an opportunity to invite you to their church programs, (as if God doesn't answer prayers in your own church).

Using your last #500 as tp to the head office of a telecomms company, just because a concerned friend asks you to do so. You get drenched by the rain on your way there, only for you to get there and be told by the aboki at the gate to go to their website. (Meanwhile, the website says no vacancy, and there's no provision for submission of CV.

Going for interviews, only to discover that it's a DSA job for a bank, with ridiculous targets.

Old friends call you and the first question they ask is "how work?

Things plenty jor. Let me leave space for others to drop theirs. All the same I thank God these are all stories now.

3 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Capableben(m): 3:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
ABEngine:

I did Mechanical Engineering Sir.
cool, me doing ChemEngr.

Any advice for your boy

And ehhn, which school did you gradj?
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by expozey(f): 3:42pm On Aug 24, 2014
[quote author=ABEngine]1. Friends never mention when the applications were ongoing but will waste no time to publish their locations if you wish to gate crash.

So on point. Some would not even tell you until they have got the job, then you begin to wonder when they applied
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by bbdrown: 5:08pm On Aug 24, 2014
tobiflink: Was dropped at the sixth stage (Yeah! 6! U read that right) of a bank's (names withheld, I don't want them to be accessible to harsh words from here) recruitment process. Spanning Oct '13 - April '14.
that's crazy!
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by SenatorJames(m): 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
Lero15: Hahaha...a situation where u share on nairaland that u got a regret mail and members be asking u "please what is the content of the mail?" Na birthday wishes dem put nah...mtcheeew. grin
Maybe they want to be sure if the message is truely for you. They want to know if they include your name, house address, age, your blood group e.t.c in the regret mail.

Nairaland full of senseless questions since 2005.

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by SenatorJames(m): 7:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
I thank God for your life. "weeping may endureth for a night, but joy cometh in the morning". May the morning of other job seekers come quickly in Jesus name.
Marvin67: Friends and relatives asking you for money, even though they know you're jobless.

Having to write those GMATS test which even the HR can cannot answer all in 3 hours, yet he expects you to answer all in 30minutes.

Relatives using your situation as an opportunity to invite you to their church programs, (as if God doesn't answer prayers in your own church).

Using your last #500 as tp to the head office of a telecomms company, just because a concerned friend asks you to do so. You get drenched by the rain on your way there, only for you to get there and be told by the aboki at the gate to go to their website. (Meanwhile, the website says no vacancy, and there's no provision for submission of CV.

Going for interviews, only to discover that it's a DSA job for a bank, with ridiculous targets.

Old friends call you and the first question they ask is "how work?

Things plenty jor. Let me leave space for others to drop theirs. All the same I thank God these are all stories now.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by peenkey(m): 9:02pm On Aug 24, 2014
SenatorJames: I thank God for your life. "weeping may endureth for a night, but joy cometh in the morning". May the morning of other job seekers come quickly in Jesus name.
amen ooo
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by SenatorJames(m): 9:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
ffo: Let me share my experience:

I submitted some friends CV in my organisation few days back, after a lot of lobbying, they were ALL invited for test.
1. one of them submitted her CV with an invalid email address (got me wondering why she didnt change it)
2. One of them said i should try to help her influence the result that she didnt write it well.
3. One of them almost insulted me that the notice period was too short.
4. Another one said he doesnt have money for TP
5. Another one came very late for the test giving excuse of rainfall in abuja in the morning (even though i came to the office in the same rain)
6. out of 5 people that came for the test, only ONE of them thanked me for the opportunity.
How many of them were later employed? Even though their actions are not good enough. I had similar experience though. It's a means of saying thank you God for being employed.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Lero15(m): 9:57pm On Aug 24, 2014
SenatorJames: Maybe they want to be sure if the message is truely for you. They want to know if they include your name, house address, age, your blood group e.t.c in the regret mail.

Nairaland full of senseless questions since 2005.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Marvin67: 10:31pm On Aug 24, 2014
SenatorJames: I thank God for your life. "weeping may endureth for a night, but joy cometh in the morning". May the morning of other job seekers come quickly in Jesus name.
. Amen.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by ask4slimjay: 3:10am On Aug 25, 2014
tobiflink: Was dropped at the sixth stage (Yeah! 6! U read that right) of a bank's (names withheld, I don't want them to be accessible to harsh words from here) recruitment process. Spanning Oct '13 - April '14.
lemme guess, you weren't on top of your game undecided
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Lero15(m): 11:40am On Aug 25, 2014
ask4slimjay:
Lemme guess, you do not know much about tobiflink.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Inquisitive123: 1:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
Spending 7 months on a recruitment process...After scaling true all the stages u now start waiting for a training school invitation 2 months after you have done their medicals
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Inquisitive123: 1:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
If you get any job for me oo!!!biko tired of waiting @ home....
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by bbdrown: 2:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
Inquisitive123: If you get any job for me oo!!!biko tired of waiting @ home....
u r not alone.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by ask4slimjay: 4:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
Lero15: Lemme guess, you do not know much about tobiflink.

what i do know is YOU ARE NOT tobiflink angry
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Lero15(m): 4:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
ask4slimjay:

what i do know is YOU ARE NOT tobiflink angry
we are both playing the guessing game, slimguy. grin
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
Slimjay, Maybe yes, maybe no, all I know is it was divine. I'm in a better place now.

Oga Lero15, I sight u. cheesy

ask4slimjay:
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by ask4slimjay: 9:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
Lero15: we are both playing the guessing game, slimguy. grin

lol, funny guy grin
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Lero15(m): 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
tobiflink: Slimjay, Maybe yes, maybe no, all I know is it was divine. I'm in a better place now.

bro, I loyal o.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by ask4slimjay: 9:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
tobiflink: Slimjay, Maybe yes, maybe no, all I know is it was divine. I'm in a better place now.

Carry on jare, wishing you more FIRE to your elbow wink cheesy
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Lero15(m): 9:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
ask4slimjay:

lol, funny guy grin
lol. How ur IBTC run na?
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by davide470(m): 9:18pm On Aug 25, 2014

The only better place I know of is Heaven o. smiley
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by ask4slimjay: 9:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
Lero15: lol. How ur IBTC run na?

Lol, guy u dey follow me o...well it was ok, buh i already have one...either way, i'll just have to weigh both. smiley

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Lero15(m): 9:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
ask4slimjay:

Lol, guy u dey follow me o...well it was ok, buh i already have one...either way, i'll just have to weigh both. smiley
lol. All d best.

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by ask4slimjay: 9:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
Lero15: lol. All d best.
Thanks...and you too

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by ffo(m): 9:55am On Aug 26, 2014
SenatorJames: How many of them were later employed? Even though their actions are not good enough. I had similar experience though. It's a means of saying thank you God for being employed.

The test was just last week, as at yesterday, 2 of them passed and scaled through to the next level.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kogi State Teaching Service Commision (TSC) Recruiting / Constables Recruitment: IG Releases List Of Successful Candidates / How Much Is Graduate Trainee Salary At Flour Mills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.