Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

The Reluctant Bride - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Reluctant Bride (277459 Views)

Ìyàwó Wa (our Bride) / The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. / Child Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reluctant Bride by MidieMeliss(f): 10:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
Ahhh! This Amanda babe will not succeed by God's grace. Hmmmm..

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 12:00am On Sep 07, 2014
The gloominess has left her beautiful face. Tara had finally come to terms with what had happened to her. Linda did a good job in nursing her back to health and the two soon became friends. Tara, lying on her bed recalled her discourse with Henry the previous day. Henry had walked into her room and explained everything to her.
He had told her that his friend had mistaken her for someone else. Linda had encouraged her to talk about the events. After telling Linda, Tara felt so much relieved.
She was determined to put what had happend behind her and live her life to the fullest. After all, there was her mother and Shan to think of. A knock landed at her door. She knew it can only be Henry. Linda doesn't knock at her door!
'come in' she answered softly.
Henry emerged from the door...he was not alone. A very tall familiar man was with him. She sat up. The stranger was no other but the stranger with a hell of a temper she encountered in Kaduna.
'you?' Tara asked in shock.
'for goodness sake Henry, this is the little vixen I met in kaduna. I told you about her. Jordan told Henry.
'you must be kidding me, so you two are yet to really see each other's face?' Henry asked. Jordan shifted uncomfortably.
'Actually, it was dark and i was drunk'
Tara looked confused.
'what are you two talking about? We met in broad daylight and you...'
Realization dawned on Tara. This was the man who had abused her.
'you were the man who...' she couldn't bring herself to say the words. Jordan took a step foward.
'Tara, i have no excuse for my behaviour. Please forgive me. I promise to make everything alright'
'How in the hell will you do that? Can you bring back what you've taken from me?' Tara asked with eyes full of unshed tears.
To her suprise, the proud and mighty Jordan went on his right knees, put his hands into his pocket and brought out a little pink box.
'Tara Joseph, please give me a chance to be in peace with myself'
Opening the box, he retrieved a beautiful diamond ring and held it up to her.
'Tara, if i tell you that i love you then I'm a lair of the first order. But i do care about you. I have thought of you ever since we met in kaduna. Marry me Tara'
Tara looked at the beautiful ring, then Jordan who looked handsome in his shirt and jeans. She knew what this is all about. He was asking her to marry him simply because of what had happened between them. Tara knew that, under normal circumstance, Jordan wouldn't even look at her let alone ask her to marry him. She had already sworned to not end up like her mother who spent her entire married life in misery. She had vowed to marry for love. Although Jordan made her feel different, he didn't love her.
'No'
'No what?'
'I can't marry you'
'why not?'
'I don't have any reason' she boldly lied
Henry, who was sure to have been forgotten by the two coughed to draw their attention.
'Tara, father has been notified already. He will be back by weekened. Your introduction is coming up exactly one week from today'
Pure unclad rage took over Tara. She began shaking and Jordan went quickly to his feet.
'I won't marry him and I dare anyone that wants to come between me and my decision'
Henry had never seen her so enraged.
'Tara, what if you get pregnant?'
'That's my cup of tea, not yours'
she stood up, slipped and ran out of the room. She went to the garden at the back of the flat and wept bitterly. She refused to let Jordan see her cry. She refused to let Anthony force her into a loveless marriage.
Jordan found it difficult to believe that Tara rejected him. This is one of the thing he had not expected. For as long as he could remember, he has been fighting off marriage. Many women would give their right arm to be called his wife. This lady just rejected him. This was the only lady who seemed not to be aftected by his handsomeness or money. Yet, he felt a strong desire to own her.
He wanted to make her his. Her father and his father had already met in Port Harcurt and had agreed that the wedding should hold as soon as possible. Her father didn't seemed to care about how his daughter felt about getting married to a man she didn't know.
'Henry, Tara is a handful, so much temper for a lone girl'
'I really don't want her hurt Jordan, please take good care of her'
'I will try my best' Jordan said with a laugh.
His mother had begun the preparations. The wedding will take place two weeks after the introduction but how would he convince Tara to accept him? He intended making her his wife in every sense. He had told his mother he wanted a small wedding.

7 Likes

Re: The Reluctant Bride by lopeoba(f): 12:06am On Sep 07, 2014
following you bumper to bumper

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Just4yhu(f): 10:31am On Sep 07, 2014
Weldone corper tiffy

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by urch45: 11:36am On Sep 07, 2014
I heard someone saying something about editing manuscripts. Check out www.blacktowerpublishers.com.ng They are book publishers and offer online services like editing too.
Re: The Reluctant Bride by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
See wahala...
Everythn starin @ ur face...
Tara...
Infact come hia may I knock ya head...u no fit collect all dz thnz and be a marriage somebody. Mtchew... Dont let me come and vex for you o

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 8:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
lopeoba: following you bumper to bumper

you're welcome ma
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 8:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
Just4yhu: Weldone corper tiffy
thank you ma'am. How you dey? Me wait for your update tire o. Just know that i will always read every one bit of your update and make comments where necessary
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
Divepen: See wahala...
Everythn starin @ ur face...
Tara...
Infact come hia may I knock ya head...u no fit collect all dz thnz and be a marriage somebody. Mtchew... Dont let me come and vex for you o
i dy laugh o. Gosh Divepen you funny wella. Tara no one gree o.
Re: The Reluctant Bride by noble4d(m): 9:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
Hallo Tiffany...u r doing a good job here...thumbs up.

Noble cares smiley

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:30am On Sep 08, 2014
noble4d: Hallo Tiffany...u r doing a good job here...thumbs up.

Noble cares smiley
thanks, my oga at the top.
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 11:37am On Sep 08, 2014
Tara defiantly glared at her enraged father. He had met her alone and demanded an explanation as to why she insisted she didn't want to marry Jordan.
'I don't love him', she answered.
'You ingrate, who is talking about love in this generation? Jordan has everything you can ever want'
'No, I want nothing from him'
Anthony tried to control himself. A part of him ordered him to beat up this brat. The Nicholas were one of the most powerful and influential families in Nigeria. This was his opportunitwtx to strike an alliance with them. Being the in-law of Edward Nicholas' eldest son would open many doors for him. Many contracts and most importantly, more money. Anthony cared not if his daughter consent to the wedding. All he cared about was the fame this marriage would bring him. Tara must marry Jordan.
'Your introduction is tomorrow. Get yourself ready or else...'
Tara refused to be intimidated.
'You don't scare me one bit mister. Or else what? What else will you do that you havn't done before?'
Anthony laughed bitterly.
'If you refuse to marry Jordan, I assure you, your mother and that brat of your sister will pay'
Tara went cold. Would he send her mother to jail again?
'If you send my mother to jail, then our agreement is void. Try me and see me walk out of this place'
Anthony laughed again. Tara wanted to shout.
'No, I Won't take her back to jail but i will make her homeless'
'you can't do that' Tara spite
'Tara, you amuse me, the house your mother is currently residing belongs to me. She doesn't even know that'
Tara's mouth went dry.
'But she paid her rent, you can't send her packing', she retorted.
'How naive you are Tara. Your mother couldn't bring herself to tell you that she didn't even pay half the rent. She had used all the money she's got to pay off your step father's debt. I instructed my agent to take the twenty thousand she gave because she promised to pay the rest in due course. You know what this means don't you? All i have to do is tell my agent to evict her. We both know she doesn't have money money to rent a toilet even in the slums. Your mother and sister will be homeless'
'Please don't do this, I'm begging you'. Her legs were shaking. How can a man be this wicked?
'How can you be this callous?' Tara asked him amidst tears.
'That never do well of your mother is a thief. You should thank me for letting her off the hook so easily'
'My mother is not a thief; don't ever call her that again'
Anthony hit her hard on her face. The blow was so hard it sent her flying to the floor.
'Tara, I'm Warning you. Let me advice you, give Jordan a call this evening and, apologizing for your behaviours. Convince him of your intention to marry him. Most importantly, I will be expecting you and Henry at the family house first thing tomorrow morning'
He glared at her.
'I dare you to defy me, your mother and that brat of your sister will find their selves homeless by midafternoon tomorrow'
With this, Anthony marched out of Henry's flat. Tara slowly stood up, went to her room and cried uncontrollaby. After whatseemed like hours, she went to the bathroom and washed her face. She dared look on the standing mirror, her face was bruised and swollen from her father's blow. Tara knew what she must do. She picked her phone and text Henry. In the text, she requested Jordan's number. Five minutes later, Henry replied her text. She dialled the number and Jordan picked it on the second ring.
'Hello?' he spoke in a deep voice. Tara swallowed hard. She couldn't say a word.
'Hello?' he spoke again.
'Hello? Jordan?'
'yep, who am I speaking with?'
'It's Tara'
'oh my God Tara, are you alright? You sound weird'
'I'm good. Jordan, I want to apologize for my behaviour the other day, I...'
He immediately cut her off.
'where are you calling from?'
'Home'
'are you alone?'
'yes'
'Tara, I need to ask you a favour'
'I'm listening'
'we need to talk, should I drive over?'
'okay' she said softly.
'Thank you, I will be with you in an hour time'
'okay then'
She hanged up the the call. Jordan must not see her in this state. She hurriedly entered the bathroom and thought of a way to conceal her bruised face.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Just4yhu(f): 1:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
Nice place dis is heading to..weldone tiffanyj

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Udoabasi(m): 2:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
I like creativity. Good work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
Chai...Dairs God
but Y d mama no tell am now

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by debybeautyworld(f): 7:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
Mr Anthony diaris God ooo.
Tiffany u too much joor

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Supremor(m): 9:12am On Sep 09, 2014
Nice work; highlighting why women should be self-reliant in marriages

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 9:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
Just4yhu: Nice place dis is heading to..weldone tiffanyj
thank you ma
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 9:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
Udoabasi: I like creativity. Good work.
thank you
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 9:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
Divepen: Chai...Dairs God
but Y d mama no tell am now
the mama no dy available na.

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:00pm On Sep 09, 2014
debybeautyworld: Mr Anthony diaris God ooo.
Tiffany u too much joor
thank you jare. Mr Anthony wants Tara married!
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
Supremor: Nice work; highlighting why women should be self-reliant in marriages
thank you sir
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:06pm On Sep 09, 2014
Sorry guys, i won't be able to make an update today. Expect some tomorrow...nait everyone
Re: The Reluctant Bride by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 09, 2014
TiffanyJ:
the mama no dy available na.
I mn before all dz masquadality take start
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:09pm On Sep 09, 2014
Divepen:
I mn before all dz masquadality take start
oga, abeg wetin the mama suppose tell am?
Re: The Reluctant Bride by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
TiffanyJ:
oga, abeg wetin the mama suppose tell am?

about d moni and care taker issue..
Okay...We will b waitin hia...for ya update

1 Like

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Aipete2(f): 9:00am On Sep 10, 2014
D very first time u wrote this story, i was a guest then. But now that am a member am following u lyk kilomansheena

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 10:25am On Sep 10, 2014
Aipete2: D very first time u wrote this story, i was a guest then. But now that am a member am following u lyk kilomansheena
you're absolutely welcome ma'am
Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
CHAPTER SIX
Immediately Tara heard a car drive into the compound, her heart skiped a beat. She had waited in anticipation for Jordan's arrival. So many thoughts crossed her mind. She already knew that Anthony would not hesitate to throw her family out should she refuse to marry Jordan Nicholas.
He gently taped at her dood and she told him she would be out shortly. Tara glanced at the mirror and realized that the make-up she applied did nothing to hide her bruised face. She steped out of her room and found Jordan sitting comfortably on the couch.
'Have a seat' he told her and she reluctantly sat as far away from him as she could.
'come on Tara, we are getting married in two weeks. Don't shy away from me, come and sit beside me. I won't eat you'
Tara obediently did as she was told.
'Now Tara, I want us to start by you telling me how you came about these bruises on your face.
'I slipped and fell down in the bathroom this morning'
'Are you sure?'
'And what do you mean by that?'
Tara asked in feigned annoyance.
'Nothing dear, but i want a doctor to have a look at it and maybe prescribe drugs for you'
'No', she said shortly.
'suit yourself. Tara, i don't want to ever force you into marrying me. My father and I already came to the conclusion that the introduction should be delayed so as to give you time to think through'
'No, I don't want it delayed. My mind is made up already'
'Tara, why the sudden change of mind?'
Tara fought back the tears that were threatening to fall.
'Nothing, and I'm really sorry for the way I behave the other day Jordan'
Jordan knew Tara was lying. He knew she didn't fall. Someone must have hit her. Jordan vowed to find out what really happened. The person that hit her would pay for it. Jordan looked at Tara, so innocent and beautiful. He can't wait to own her, to possess her and to teach her real pleasuse. Two weeks is a long time to wait, for him.
'Tara, i have a younger brother, he is married and lives in lagos. I also have a sister, she is currently studying theatre and performing arts in Canada. They shall all canada. They will all come for the wedding. So tell me about your family', Jordan told her. He listened attentively as she told him about Shan and her mother. He noticed how her eyes glow in excitement as she talked about them. He concluded that Tara's family was one big happy family. Jordan looked foward to meeting.
'Now tell me Tara, do you have a boyfriend back in Kaduna?'
'no'
Jordan wandered if he would ever understand this lady whom he would marry.
'Tara, don't you want to ask me anything about my life?'
'no, not yet'
'Tara, listen to me, I don't want you to be ever afraid of me. I promise not to hurt you again'
'Okay, she replied.
'Since we are now engage, shall we seal it with a kiss?'
Tara almost jumped from the couch, Jordan held her. She saw him bend his head towards her and felt his lips on hers. He kissed her slowly. She wanted to fight him but a part of her wanted this kiss. Tara suddenly found herself responding to his kisses. She heard someone coughed, again and again. Jordan released her. She turned and found both Linda and Henry looking at her in shock. Tara felt so embarrassed of herself. What the heck was wrong with her anyway? Why was she behaving like a slut? Jordan smiled, he didn't seem the least embarrassed at being caught kissing her.
'Hi Linda, my boy Henry, Tara and I were sealing our engagement with a kiss'
'it is obvious, ma boy Jordan', Henry glared at jordan. Tara couldn't say a word, Linda came to the rescue.
'Tara, we should go to the market. Your introduction is tomorrow, what will you wear?'
Tara had totally forgotten, but she didn't even have money for shopping. She thought in dismay. Henry seemed to have read her thought. He removed his ATM card and handed it to Linda. He told her his password.
'Oh my God Tara, what happened to your face?'
Henry and Linda asked in chorus.
'I fell down'
she simply told them. Tara escaped to her room before they asked more questions. As soon as Tara and Linda left the house, Henry turned to Jordan,
'What are you trying to do, Jo? You shall wait till your wedding night before anything happen between you and Tara, or else...'
'Come on Henry it was just a harmless kiss. By the way, why her sudden change of heart to marry me?'
'Tara is difficult to understand' Henry replied, He too was confused.
'Oh, I forgot to tell Tara, that Jake is already on his way, he can't wait to see her'
He looked at Jordan and said,
'Ma boy, your bachelor days are numbered!'

9 Likes

Re: The Reluctant Bride by Maryclaire1(f): 12:25am On Sep 11, 2014
Mr anthony no b beta dad at all.nice update tiffany just little errors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 5:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
'I shall pick that pink gown', Tara declared to Linda.
'Are you kidding me? For goodness sake Tara, let us try other gowns. This gown is way out of fashion!'
Tara didn't care. She just wanted to go home and cry herself to sleep. Why should she waste her time shopping for a beautiful gown when she had to look for a way to raise money and rent an apartment for her family?
'This will suit you perfectly'
Tara heard Linda say. She looked up to see Linda holding a gown. Not just any gown but a beautiful lemon green and a touch of red in the V-neck. Tara stared at the gown.
'No'
'why no Tara, why do you look so sad. Tomorrow is a big day. I won't be happy with you if you don't pick this gown'
Because she knew Linda had tried for her and because she didn't want to offend her, Tara took the gown. Linda picked a pink two inches peep toe heels to match with the gown. Tara put on the gown.
'This is just perfect!', Linda exclaimed.
The gown clung to her bosoms, down to her small waist and hips. It fell in a pool a little below her ankle.
'Jordan will eat you up tomorrow'
They paid their bills and left the boutique. Linda took Tara to a beauty salon. Her hair and nails were fixed. Linda observed that Tara was unsually quite and it was time for super. On their way home, Tara broke into tears and explained everything that had happened that day between her and Anthony to Linda. Linda insisted they tell Henry but Tara will hear none of it. At home, Tara decided to drink tea and biscuits after which she went to her room and fall into an exhausted sleep.
'Tara! Come on, we are going to be late'
Henry taped on her door. She slowly opened her eyes. The clock by her bedside said it was 7am. She entered the bathroom, had a bath, brush her teeth and dressed in a short jean skirt and green top. She walked in on Henry and Linda in a passionate kiss. As soon as Henry realized they were no longer alone, he put the kissing to a halt.
'Good morning dear, sis'
'good morning Henry'
'Tara, we need to get going, it is already past eight and the introduction is scheduled for 10am. We are expected to be there ahead of schedule'.
They left Linda at the flat at the flat and drove to their father's house. Tara noticed that Anthony's house was much bigger than Henry's. This house was well staff and everyone seemed busy. Anthony introduced her to his staff as his long lost daughter. After which, he instructed a maid by the name Joy to help Tara get dressed. The maids treated Tara with the outmost respect and helped her into her gown. Henry knocked at the door and handed over a small box to the maid. It contained jewelries. His gift to her. A young lady about Tara's age emerged and introduced herself as a make-up artist at the service of Jordan Nicholas.
'Miss Tara, it is time', she heard Joy said. Tara glanced at the clock and realized it was already 10:30am.
'Miss Tara, your father requests your presence downstairs'
Tara slowly walked downstairs. Apart from her father, Henry and Jordan, there were nine men in the room. Tara went on her knees and greated them. Among the men was a very tall man with a close resemblance to Jordan. This must be Jordan's father. The man looked up at her and smiled. Tara noticed that the man had kind and sincere eyes. She intentionally ignored Jordan.
'Tara, Jordan is here with your bride price, should we accept it?'
she heard her father say. Tara never expected the bride price to be paid immediately. This was too sudden and she was not ready for marriage. Tara would have loved to answer 'no' but she knew what it would cost her and her family.
'Young lady, we are waiting', her father said.
'Yes father, accept it'
The word father sounded bitter in her tongue.
'Go back to your room'
Tara walked upstairs while her life was being decided downstairs. A maid came into her room with breakfast but Tara didn't have any appetite. She sent the maid away with the food. An hour later, Henry came in with Jordan. Tara stared hard at Jordan. He had paid her bride price, He was now her husband.
'Actually Tara, my mother wants to meet you. She request you visit her tomorrow'
Her mind cried 'no' but she promised to visit Jordan's mum the next day.
'I shall pick you up by 10am'
Tara looked at Henry pleadingly. Jordan scowled at Henry. He knew what Tara was upto. He wouldn't let her. She wanted Henry to drive her. Henry looked from Jordan's scowled face to Tara's pleading eyes.
'Sorry Tara, I would have loved to take you but I won't be chanced'
Tara gave up. Jordan had won. He quickly kissed her on the lips.
'By the way Tara, you look so ravishing this morning'
He strolled out of the room, Henry followed suit, leaving Tara wondering out loud how Jordan's mum would receive her

9 Likes

Re: The Reluctant Bride by TiffanyJ(f): 5:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
Maryclaire1: Mr anthony no b beta dad at all.nice update tiffany just little errors.
thank you ma'am. I will make the neccessary corrections

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

First Night / Bukky Alakara / Memo Of A Male Sex Addict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.