Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,331 members, 7,780,867 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:13 AM

Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism (4305 Views)

The Global Great Earthquake (revelation 6:12) Is Coming! Rapture Is Imminent! / Truthman2012, / A Verse That Kills Enemies In Psalm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by Rilwayne001: 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2014
According to truthman2012/ and other ignorant non-muslim on NL either through ignorance or Islam-bashing continue taking the verses of the Holy Quran out of context and its history to justify their false propaganda. In order to gain a proper understanding of many verses in the Holy Quran, it is important to understand and know the historic context of the revelations. So many revelations in the Holy Quran came down to provide guidance to Prophet Muhammad (peace be on him) and the fellow Muslims based on what they were confronting at that time. The verse 8:12 is one such verse which is misinterpreted. The verse and its brief explanation follows:

Surah Al-Anfal, Verse 12:
Lo! Thy Sustainer inspired the angels [to convey this His message to the believers]: "I am with you!" [And He commanded the angels:] "And, give firmness unto those who have attained to faith [with these words from Me]: `I shall cast terror into the hearts of those who are bent on denying the truth; strike, then, their necks, [O believers,] and strike off every one of their finger-tips!"
(English - Mohd Asad)

This verse and the verses before and after were revealed about the Battle of Badr, which occurred in Arabia in the early seventh century. A battle in which the pagans of Makkah traveled more than 200 miles to Madinah with an army of about 1000 to destroy Muslims. Prophet Muhammad (peace be on him) and fellow Muslims had suffered severe persecutions and torture for 13 years in the city of Makkah. And now that they had fled Makkah and found a sanctuary in the city of Madinah, they were once again threatened. Muslim Army was only about 300 strong. God Almighty gave the order to Muslims to fight to defend their lives and faith. The enemy came to them with the intent to kill Muslims. It was a war to defend themselves and their Faith. It was a war imposed upon Muslims.

However, even during the war, Islam has the highest moral law of war. You don't kill children, women or any one who is not fighting with you.

In that same surah that truthman2012 regard as a terror surah muslims are ordered not to fight if the enemy wants a peace treaty:

Surah 8, Verse 61:
But if they incline to peace, incline thou to it as well, and place thy trust in God: verily, He alone is all-hearing, all-knowing!

For the ignorant, misquotation is a habit they enjoy.Misquoting the Holy Quran is a sin and a shame for the one who commits such an act, as God says in the Quran:

Behold! how they invent a lie against Allah! but that by itself is a manifest sin! [The Holy Quran,4:50]

Imagine if the following Biblical paragraph is used in the same way the above verse is used. Muslims know that Jesus, peace be upon him, like all prophets, came with the message of peace to earth. However, a misquotation may change the whole meaning. Read:

"34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter- in-law against her mother-in-law—“ KJV-Matthew10

3 Likes

Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by truthman2012(m): 12:22am On Aug 22, 2014
@OP

You wrongly interpreted the verses of the bible you quoted. What Jesus meant was not a command or encouragement to draw swords against any people. What he meant was that accepting and preaching the Gospel will make people to draw swords agains the believers. That was exactly what happened to the believers.

James was beheaded, Stephen stoned to death, Peter killed and even Paul. Even today, Christians are killed for their faith.

Many Christian converts have been disowned and sent away by their parents for receiving the Gospel.

But today there are various islamic militants spread over the world carrying the quran with them. What is the source of their inspiration? I am yet to hear of Christian militants fighting with bible in their hands

Who is fighting with today's muslims before killing and bombing innocent souls?

1 Like

Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by true2god: 7:02am On Aug 22, 2014
truthman2012: @OP

You wrongly interpreted the verses of the bible you quoted. What Jesus meant was not a command or encouragement to draw swords against any people. What he meant was that accepting and preaching the Gospel will make people to draw swords agains the believers. That was exactly what happened to the believers.

James was beheaded, Stephen stoned to death, Peter killed and even Paul. Even today, Christians are killed for their faith.

Many Christian converts have been disowned and sent away by their parents for receiving the Gospel.

But today there are various islamic militants spread over the world carrying the quran with them. I am yet to hear of Christian militants fighting with bible in their hands

All Islamic terrorists, boko haram, al-shabab, hizbollah, and current syrian rebels, shout 'allahu akbar' before carrying out their attacks, beheading and killings. I have never heard or seen any attacker shouting 'HALLELUYA' before killing him victim.

1 Like

Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by truthman2012(m): 7:32am On Aug 22, 2014
true2god: All Islamic terrorists, boko haram, al-shabab, hizbollah, and current syrian rebels, shout 'allahu akbar' before carrying out their attacks, beheading and killings. I have never heard or seen any attacker shouting 'HALLELUYA' before killing him victim.

Exactly.
Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by proo212(m): 8:17am On Aug 22, 2014
@true2god and truthman2012, I have to admit I was going to reply Rilwayne regarding the Battle of Badr and the assertion that the Muslims were attacked and persecuted for their faith. I know this is a false narrative because Islamic sources say that there 8 expeditions (robbing caravans to cut the supply of goods to the meccans) before the battle of Badr in 624AD and each one of them the muslims were the aggresors. (How is that fighting defensive Jihad?)

It is documented that they won the Battle of Badr ("a timely revelation came to Mohammed"wink, the funny thing is they lost the next battle miserably and there was no revelation... undecided

I gleaned some of this info from excerpts from "The Life of Mohammed" by Ibn Ishaq. The earliest and perhaps the most authoritative historian of Mohammed.

I will have to buy a copy and read it because there is also arguments from some quarters because a lot of muslims dont like the fact that its not all sweetness and light about Mohammed. Kind of like the "weak hadiths" that dont flatter Mohammed and Islam argument.
Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by Macelliot(m): 9:49am On Aug 22, 2014
Rilwayne001: According to truthman2012/ and other ignorant non-muslim on NL
I don't know why muslim justifies themselves, as if their belief is the authentic one?
Truthman2012 is an intelligent Christian and not an ignorant non-Muslim
Is that taken?
Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by truthman2012(m): 10:06am On Aug 22, 2014
Macelliot:
I don't know why muslim justifies themselves, as if their belief is the authentic one?
Truthman2012 is an intelligent Christian and not an ignorant non-Muslim
Is that taken?

Thanks and God bless you my brother.
Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by truthman2012(m): 10:26am On Aug 22, 2014
proo212: @true2god and truthman2012, I have to admit I was going to reply Rilwayne regarding the Battle of Badr and the assertion that the Muslims were attacked and persecuted for their faith. I know this is a false narrative because Islamic sources say that there 8 expeditions (robbing caravans to cut the supply of goods to the meccans) before the battle of Badr in 624AD and each one of them the muslims were the aggresors. (How is that fighting defensive Jihad?)

It is documented that they won the Battle of Badr ("a timely revelation came to Mohammed"wink, the funny thing is they lost the next battle miserably and there was no revelation... undecided

I gleaned some of this info from excerpts from "The Life of Mohammed" by Ibn Ishaq. The earliest and perhaps the most authoritative historian of Mohammed.

I will have to buy a copy and read it because there is also arguments from some quarters because a lot of muslims dont like the fact that its not all sweetness and light about Mohammed. Kind of like the "weak hadiths" that dont flatter Mohammed and Islam argument.

The OP will keep mute over the points you have raised or deny the hadith, as usual of muslims. They deny any hadiths that do not speak in favour of Muhammad as if they were written by Christians.

As soon as anybody declares ''shahadadah'' - there is no god save Allah and Muhammad is his prophet, an islamic demon will enter into such a person and blind his/her spiritual eyes to prevent him/her from seeing the falsehood of islam. It takes special grace and mercy of God to get them liberated.
Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by Rilwayne001: 11:21am On Aug 22, 2014

But today there are various islamic militants spread over the world carrying the quran with them. What is the source of their inspiration? I am yet to hear of Christian militants fighting with bible in their hands

Your initial claim was that Surah 8:12 is a verse of terrorism, and i showed you in that same Surah where Allah urge muslims to make peace with those who are fighting them....

Please address the OP by quoting it one after the other and prove me wrong....

2 Likes

Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by Rilwayne001: 11:28am On Aug 22, 2014
proo212: @true2god and truthman2012, I have to admit I was going to reply Rilwayne regarding the Battle of Badr and the assertion that the Muslims were attacked and persecuted for their faith. I know this is a false narrative because Islamic sources say that there 8 expeditions (robbing caravans to cut the supply of goods to the meccans) before the battle of Badr in 624AD and each one of them the muslims were the aggresors. (How is that fighting defensive Jihad?)

Please bring your prove and stop this rantings...
Again in that same Surah, below is what God commanded the muslims..

Surah 8, Verse 61:
[size=24pt] But if they incline to peace, incline thou to it as well, and place thy trust in God: verily, He alone is all-hearing, all-knowing! [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by Rilwayne001: 11:32am On Aug 22, 2014
I dont need to reply irrelevant posts on this thread

1 Like

Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by truthman2012(m): 11:59am On Aug 22, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Your initial claim was that Surah 8:12 is a verse of terrorism, and i showed you in that same Surah where Allah urge muslims to make peace with those who are fighting them....

Please address the OP by quoting it one after the other and prove me wrong....

Are those islamic militants (terrorists) muslims or pagans?

What is their source of inspiration?

Of what faith are those who recite the quran when slaughtering their victims?

Which other religion do you see the faithfuls forming militant groups to advance their religion?

Do you know why boko haram cannot be negotiated with?

Islam is about hypocrisy, it is not what is written in the quran they do, even by Muhammad. I have proved this to you several times.
Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by truthman2012(m): 12:36pm On Aug 22, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Please bring your prove and stop this rantings...
Again in that same Surah, below is what God commanded the muslims..

Surah 8, Verse 61:
[size=24pt] But if they incline to peace, incline thou to it as well, and place thy trust in God: verily, He alone is all-hearing, all-knowing! [/size]

What is islamic definition of peace? To incline to peace in islam is to be converted to islam wether you like it or not.

Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture AS BELIEVE NOT IN ALLAH nor the Last Day and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, AND FOLLOW NOT THE RELIGION OF TRUTH.....(Quran 9:29).

The altimate aim of muslims fighting everywhere as stated in that verse is forcing people to become muslims. To be at peace with them you have to be converted. Yet they say islam is a religion of peace. Hypocrisy.

Is this not terrorism.

1 Like

Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by Rilwayne001: 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
For not addressing the OP which was your initial claim shows that you are not seeking the truth and you are ignorant of what you dont know. Further argument is a futile action which i wont engage a ignorant individual like you..

Even the top cleric of Saudi Arabia blast all this terrorist groups that there actions are not or islamic teaching. But ignoramus like you take the actions of a few fanatical individuals who ascribe themselves to the Muslim faith to judge over 1billion muslims on the planet.

www.nairaland.com/1864482/saudi-top-cleric-blasts-al-qaeda

truthman2012:
Which other religion do you see the faithfuls forming militant groups to advance their religion?
Islam is about hypocrisy, it is not what is written in the quran they do, even by Muhammad. I have proved this to you several times.
truthman2012:
What is islamic definition of peace? To incline to peace in islam is to be converted to islam wether you like it or not.
Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture AS BELIEVE NOT IN ALLAH nor the Last Day and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, AND FOLLOW NOT THE RELIGION OF TRUTH.....(Quran 9:29).
The altimate aim of muslims fighting everywhere as stated in that verse is forcing people to become muslims. To be at peace with them you have to be converted. Yet they say islam is a religion of peace. Hypocrisy.
Is this not terrorism.
truthman2012:

I will close my discussion with you with a piece of lecture below..

2 Likes

Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by Rilwayne001: 1:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
What does Islam say about terrorism?

Unfortunately more and more often, Islam has been associated with terrorism and violence due to thevactions of a few extreme individuals who’ve taken it upon themselves to do the most heinous crimes in the name of Islam.

Tragic events such as the attack on the twin towers in New York, the bombings of Bali, Madrid and London are assumed to be justified by Islam in the minds of some people. This idea has been fueled further by many media channels which defame Islam by portraying these bombers as ‘Islamists’ or ‘Jihadists’, as though they were sanctioned by Islam, or had any legitimate spokemenship on behalf of Muslims. The actions of a few fanatical individuals who happen to have Muslim names or ascribe themselves to the Muslim faith should not be a yardstick by which Islam is judged. For the same reason, that one would not do justice to Christianity if it where perceived as sanctioning the genocide of the Native Americans, the atrocities of world war II or the bombings of the IRA.

To understand Islam’s stance on terrorism, one must refer to its original sources, the Quran and the teachings of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him,which are explicit in their prohibition of any form of injustice including that of wanton violence which seeks to instill fear, injury or death to civilians.

The Quran turns our attention to the high value of human life,whether it is Muslim or Non-Muslim and makes it absolutely forbidden to take an innocent life unjustly. The gravity of such a crime is equated, in the Quran, with the killing of all,humanity.

“On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our apostles with clear signs, yet, even after that,many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.” ( 5:32 )

Not only is human life sacred in Islam but the property, wealth, family and dignity of all individuals in society are to be respected and protected. Those who transgress these rights and sow fasad (corruption) as the Quran describes it, incur the wrath of Allah.

"…and seek not corruption in the earth; lo! Allah loveth not corrupters " (28:77)

Likewise in another verse

“The blame is only against those who oppress men and wrong-doing and insolently transgress beyond bounds through the land, defying right and justice: for such there will be a penalty grievous” (42:42)

Islam goes further than just prohibiting oppression and safeguarding rights, it commands its faithful to deal kindly and compassionately to all those who seek to live in peace and harmony

"Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for your faith, nor drive you out ofvyour homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: For Allah loves those who are just" (60:cool

In times of war and conflict, where enmity can obstruct an individual’s judgement to act morally, Islam commands that justice be upheld even towards one’s enemies.

"O ye who believe! stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to piety: and fear Allah. For Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do" (5:cool

The message of the Quran is clear as we have seen, that the sanctity of any human life is to be respected and any violation in that regard is paramount to the worst crime. Mercy is at the heart of the Islamic call, “We sent thee (O Muhammad) not save as a mercy for the peoples” (21:107) ; a totally different message to what the terrorists are sadly imparting to humanity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by truthman2012(m): 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
@Rilwayne001

Nobody has ever answered your questions in any thread or post.

About any muslim cleric condemning terrorism, it is all hypocrisy. Most of them are the brain behind it.

In Nigeria, the sponsors of boko haram do condemn their activities openly. Infact they bombed the empty car of one of the sponsors to create the impression that he is also a victim. That is islamic hypocrisy for you.
Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by Emusan(m): 2:21pm On Aug 22, 2014
Rilwayne001: Surah Al-Anfal, Verse 12: Lo! Thy Sustainer inspired the angels [to convey this His message to the believers]: "I am with you!" [And He commanded the angels:] "And, give firmness unto those who have attained to faith [with these words from : `I shall cast terror into the hearts of those who are bent on denying the truth; strike, then, their necks, [O believers,] and strike off every one of their finger-tips!"(English - Mohd Asad)

Let's look at the construction method of the sentence in the above sura by paying close attention to the COLOR part.

How many angels reveal Qur'an?
because many angels were mentioned in this surah.

Who is talking here?
Could it be Muhammad? I guess not because had it been it's Muhammad the he won't use the phrase ("Thy sustainer" )

Could it be Angel Gabriel (though many angels were mentioned)?
Absolutely not, because No angel can command another angel.

So who is talking?
Allah is the one talking.
But why would Allah be shifting from first person pronouns (I, me) to third person pronouns (His, He)
Why would Allah that suppose to be the one talking still referring to another person (Lo! Thy sustainer...)?

This type of inappropriate sentence construction full the Holy book of Allah.

the same thing problem occurs in the below surah.

Surah 8, Verse 61: But if they incline to peace, incline thou to it as well, and place thy trust in God: verily, He alone is all-hearing, all-knowing!

Here we see the speaker addressing GOD and latter shifted to third person pronouns HE.

For the ignorant,

Who is reading above surah always and couldn't sit down to ask himself simple question about simple English of the Holy Qur'an this question is for you.

What grade will you give Allah for Its English composition if you're an English teacher?

3 Likes

Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by true2god: 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
Emusan:

Let's look at the construction method of the sentence in the above sura by paying close attention to the COLOR part.

Who is talking here?
Could it be Muhammad? I guess not because had it been it's Muhammad the he won't use the phrase ("Thy sustainer" )

So who is talking?
But why would Allah be shifting from first person pronouns (I, me) to third person pronouns (His, He)
Why would Allah that suppose to be the one talking still referring to another person (Lo! Thy sustainer...)?

Here we see the speaker addressing GOD and latter shifted to third person pronouns HE.

Who is reading above surah always and couldn't sit down to ask himself simple question about simple English of the Holy Qur'an this question is for you.

What grade will you give Allah for Its English composition if you're an English teacher?
You must be an english major to have spotted out all these textual confusions inherent in the quran, sometimes I find it hard to imagine how an average person can read the quran and be able to join the pieces together. That is why we have Islamic 'scholars', all having a separate interpretation to an ordinary sentence in the quran. Atimes the grand mufti has to give a final personal verdict as a universal interpretation to a single sentence in the quran.

Thats terrible for a holy book meant to be understood by a lay-man on the street.

1 Like

Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by Rilwayne001: 3:40pm On Aug 22, 2014
This is an off topic post

Emusan:
Who is talking here?
So who is talking?

First of all i want you to refer back to the incident that occur in verse 12, to i want you to tell us what actually happened there?

And i want you to tell us (according to Muslim)

Who revealed the Qur'an?

Through whom was the Qur'an revealed?

Emusan: Who is reading above surah always and couldn't sit down to ask himself simple question about simple English of the Holy Qur'an this question is for you.

In what language was the Quran revealed

1 Like

Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by truthman2012(m): 4:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
Emusan:

Who is talking here?

So who is talking?

Look at this again:

The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah, His angels, His books, and His messengers. We make no distinction between any of His messengers. And they say: "We hear, and we obey: (We seek) Thy forgiveness, our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys."
Qur'an 2:285

"WE" here should refer to Allah, as it were. But why the word "HIS" instead of "OUR". The correct statement should have been: WE make no distinction between any of OUR messengers.

I believe the so many errors in the Quran, grammatical, historical and scientific are deliberate manipulations.
Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by truthman2012(m): 4:40pm On Aug 22, 2014
@Rilwayne001

Are you still there? Don't start a job you cannot finish.

I insist Quran 8:12 is the verse and the inspiration for terrorism.

According to truthman2012/ and other ignorant non-muslim on NL either through ignorance or Islam-bashing continue taking the verses of the Holy Quran out of context and its history to justify their false propaganda. In order to gain a proper understanding of many verses in the Holy Quran, it is important to understand and know the historic context of the revelations. So many revelations in the Holy Quran came down to provide guidance to Prophet Muhammad (peace be on him) and the fellow Muslims based on what they were confronting at that time. The verse 8:12 is one such verse which is misinterpreted. The verse and its brief explanation follows:

Surah Al-Anfal, Verse 12:
Lo! Thy Sustainer inspired the angels [to convey this His message to the believers]: "I am with you!" [And He commanded the angels:] "And, give firmness unto those who have attained to faith [with these words from Me]: `I shall cast terror into the hearts of those who are bent on denying the truth; strike, then, their necks, [O believers,] and strike off every one of their finger-tips!"
(English - Mohd Asad)

I shall cast terror [color=#990000][/color]: It is your Allah that is responsible for casting terror.

Into whose heart? : Those who are bent on denying the truth (non-muslims)

Who is to carry out the action? : O believers (Muslims)

The action: Strike their necks and strike off every one of their finger-tips.

For what? For denying the "Truth" (Islam).

My friend, where does peace agreement come in? Islam is about hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by Rilwayne001: 5:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
truthman2012:

Look at this again:

The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah, His angels, His books, and His messengers. We make no distinction between any of His messengers. And they say: "We hear, and we obey: (We seek) Thy forgiveness, our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys."
Qur'an 2:285

"WE" here should refer to Allah, as it were. But why the word "HIS" instead of "OUR". The correct statement should have been: WE make no distinction between any of OUR messengers.

I believe the so many errors in the Quran, grammatical, historical and scientific are deliberate manipulations.

Through whom was the Quran revealed?

1 Like

Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by truthman2012(m): 5:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Muhammad. And so?
Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by Rilwayne001: 5:52pm On Aug 22, 2014
truthman2012: @Rilwayne001

Are you still there? Don't start a job you cannot finish.

I insist Quran 8:12 is the verse and the inspiration for terrorism.
l
I shall cast terror [color=#990000][/color]: It is your Allah that is responsible for casting terror.

Into whose heart? : Those who are bent on denying the truth (non-muslims)

Who is to carry out the action? : O believers (Muslims)

The action: Strike their necks and strike off every one of their finger-tips.

For what? For denying the "Truth" (Islam).

My friend, where does peace agreement come in? Islam is about hypocrisy.

You must have missed this part in the OP
This verse and the verses before and after were revealed about the Battle of Badr, which occurred in Arabia in the early seventh century. A battle in which the pagans of Makkah traveled more than 200 miles to Madinah with an army of about 1000 to destroy Muslims. Prophet Muhammad (peace be on him) and fellow Muslims had suffered severe persecutions and torture for 13 years in the city of Makkah. And now that they had fled Makkah and found a sanctuary in the city of Madinah, they were once again threatened. Muslim Army was only about 300 strong. God Almighty gave the order to Muslims to fight to defend their lives and faith. The enemy came to them with the intent to kill Muslims. It was a war to defend themselves and their Faith. It was a war imposed upon Muslims.

Again tell me would a commander whose aim is to terrorize a community Command is army to make peace with such community
Rilwayne001:
Surah 8, Verse 61:

1 Like

Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by Rilwayne001: 5:54pm On Aug 22, 2014
truthman2012:
Muhammad. And so?

You are ignorant undecided undecided

I wont go deep into this now, let the person who first ask this question come. Then i will reply you at once..

1 Like

Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by Rilwayne001: 5:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
I just hope i gain access to my laptop tonight,

there is a lot to say..
Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by Emusan(m): 6:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
Rilwayne001: This is an off topic post

My apology.
Then join this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1859103/quran-linguistic-miracle-problem

First of all i want you to refer back to the incident that occur in verse 12, to i want you to tell us what actually happened there?

You've said it all in the OP Allah only revealed the revelation that favour Muhammad.
Yet I still couldn't understand why the book that eternally exits with Allah before creation contains those historical verses.

And i want you to tell us (according to Muslim)
Who revealed the Qur'an?

According to Muslims Allah revealed the Qur'an.

Through whom was the Qur'an revealed?

Angel Jibril
The problem with this is shifting in one pronouns to another and reference to external person/being within the same verse.

If you check the thread I provided above you will see more than this.

In what language was the Quran revealed

In pure Arabic YET MANY NON-Arabic words still appeared even in the original manuscripts.
Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by truthman2012(m): 6:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
Rilwayne001

You must have missed this part in the OP

How did you link your above story to:Lo! Thy Sustainer inspired the angels [to convey this His message to the believers]: "I am with you!" [And He commanded the angels:] "And, give firmness unto those who have attained to faith [with these words from Me]: `I shall cast terror into the hearts of those who are bent on denying the truth; strike, then, their necks, [O believers,] and strike off every one of their finger-tips!" [b](Quran 8:12)
Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by Emusan(m): 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Through angel jibril
But also have it in mind that QURAN WAS PURELY ALLAH'S WORD which means it doesn't contain any human or angel word.

Like the surah you quoted above you can see where a PERSONAL pronouns like I,me was used which make it difficult to attribute it to Muhammad or angel Jibril AND where a THIRD person pronouns was used.

Join that thread so that I won't derail this one.
Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by truthman2012(m): 6:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
Rilwayne001:

You are ignorant undecided undecided

I wont go deep into this now, let the person who first ask this question come. Then i will reply you at once..

Ignorant because I said it was Muhammad? Did any muslim see Gabriel? You only believe Muhammad said it was Gabriel. As far as early muslims were concerned, they only saw and heard Muhammad, not Gabriel.

Even if it was Gabriel, why did he not use HE instead of WE as in: We HE makes no distinction between any of HIS messengers.
Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by Rilwayne001: 7:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
My sub is finish and i will have to sub tomorrow...

So tommorrow i will sub to my laptop in other to reply you guys to my satisfaction.

Please bear with me..
Re: Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism by tintingz(m): 9:07pm On Aug 22, 2014

Your post does not answer this Bible verses Rilwayne quoted out

"34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring
peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace,
but a sword.

35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his
father, a daughter against her mother, a
daughter- in-law against her mother-in-law—“
KJV-Matthew10

no peace but sword?

in addition what happened here...

John 2:15 [Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

It was also in the bible that Jesus ordered his disciples to buy swords.

Lol, there are christian terrorists like the hutaree, anti-balaka, army of god, KKK and many more they are Christians fighting crusade.

Even Adolf Hitler gave reference from Jesus action for fighting the jews.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought / Question For Joagbaje / Jesus Christ Is God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.