Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. (32454 Views)

Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers / Your Experience Doing Business With Aliexpress Or Alibaba / Doing Business With 300,000 Naira Capital? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by Ugosample(m): 12:33am On Oct 18, 2019
iceberylin:
The annoying part is Foreigners think Naija is a Great Country....

i jst laugh @ dia stupidiry

if you have huge capital
And mind for business

Foreign investors reap from the Nigerian market /economy
that Is why they say it's great

its great FOR THEM

But for most of the local populations
NIGERIA is hellish
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by Ugosample(m): 12:41am On Oct 18, 2019
bigx:
Most Nigerians Have such an evil, backward mindset. Threads like this expose them. No wonder... it's not the leaders

It's quite unfortunate
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by Ugosample(m): 12:53am On Oct 18, 2019

Nigerians don't like to share helpful information for free.

Let me give you one PERFECT example. Last year or so, there was a glitch on an American airline's website that allowed people to buy tickets to Israel at a ridiculously cheap amount. The Jews called ALLLLL their family and friends and the airline suffered a huge loss. My mother and I joked that if the tickets had been to Nigeria, not one of our family and friends would have said JACK. The airline probably wouldn't have noticed the glitch for months.

that's true

Nigerians are bizarre
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 19, 2019
Ugosample:

that's true

Nigerians are bizarre

True story.

January one 2012 , I saw on nairaland that subsidy had been cancelled

I got into my pickup, took all four 25 liter jerrycans and went straight to the atm.

I met some dude at the atm. I told him subsidy had been removed. Guy was like so what do you want to do? As if it was not obvious.

Anyway, I got to forte oil and filled my jerry cans. The guy showed up as well and bought petrol. After buying, he told the attendants that subsidy had been canceled. As I drove out they locked the station.

I could not for the life of me understand that action.

University, we had some truly useless lecturers. It turned out one of them had a particular textbook he was dubbing and regurgitating. For some reason, a classmate chose to tell me. He expected me to somehow understand that it should be a secret from the rest of the class. I did not go along, but rather made the book and knowledge about it available to everyone.

Nigerians operate on poverty mentality which translates into what I call ignorance economy. They are only able to make money by capitalizing on your ignorance . Go to pc village, see people charging for outdated pirated software that you can download yourself. And trying to make it look like it is something special or amazing.

Das how we roll
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by Ugosample(m): 11:32am On Oct 19, 2019
ornicus:

True story.

January one 2012 , I saw on nairaland that subsidy had been cancelled

I got into my pickup, took all four 25 liter jerrycans and went straight to the atm.

I met some dude at the atm. I told him subsidy had been removed. Guy was like so what do you want to do? As if it was not obvious.

Anyway, I got to forte oil and filled my jerry cans. The guy showed up as well and bought petrol. After buying, he told the attendants that subsidy had been canceled. As I drove out they locked the station.

I could not for the life of me understand that action.

University, we had some truly useless lecturers. It turned out one of them had a particular textbook he was dubbing and regurgitating. For some reason, a classmate chose to tell me. He expected me to somehow understand that it should be a secret from the rest of the class. I did not go along, but rather made the book and knowledge about it available to everyone.

Nigerians operate on poverty mentality which translates into what I call ignorance economy. They are only able to make money by capitalizing on your ignorance . Go to pc village, see people charging for outdated pirated software that you can download yourself. And trying to make it look like it is something special or amazing.

Das how we roll

I understand you perfectly

it's too bad how Nigerians reason;undecided

it's a society of psychologically damaged people
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by aynana2000: 9:03am On Dec 04, 2019
Hello guys can someone help, I need to get the company that produces this plastic. Thanks

Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by chapatti: 7:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
As it is today, we have seen the upsurge of increased foreign companies that have come to domicile their businesses here in Nigeria. This have made the country a holistic corporate coalition of diverse business running operation within and outside the country. We can't deny the intrinsic value these companies have created in our dear nation which have led to the development of industries, corporations, firms etc. One good thing about this whole thing is that, it has created competition and therefore we have seen the rise of new and aspiring business elites.

Before now these ordinary citizens would not even think of starting up their own business but today, it's a changed story. Because of the vast business opportunities found here in Nigeria being the most developed economy in Africa, been the largest in Africa in population and been the center of business hub in the continent, we have seen the increased influx of foreign companies into Nigeria as though we are experiencing a mass exodus from Egypt to Canaan land.

A Guide for Business Name Registration in Nigeria

If you remember vividly well in 2016 when we had our worst year in financial sector due to the unprecedented share of industrial tragedies, the nation's government have been working tirelessly to ensuring a very stable and stealthy recovery process of the aging and once dying Economy of the great black Nation. Now the government is encouraging people both afar and near into investments by pumping allot of resources into infrastructure and this is where foreign investors are very sensitive. And this they have seen as their jackpot to invest into our developing economy. They have also seen that with a case like this, market penetration will be so so easy and not made difficult at all.
For the complete article, click here
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by Chymak: 9:52pm On Apr 09, 2020
Great!!!

ThaiAlNigeria:
Greetings Nairalanders,

(I have modified my previous message to update the ROI when investing or doing haulage business)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50% of the messages I get is about how to buy trucks.

I will share with you my TRUCK BUYING MEMO.

Here are the check list (Head part of truck)

1) Spring suspensions only
2) get 20 footers because there are more jobs for 20 footers (This could be debatable)
3) Must have double Axle
4) Must be TOKUNBO - GRADE A
5) Must have Tracking
6) The Year of Manufacture is very important. The year of manufacture is written boldly on engine block where you find Chassis number.
7) The Year of manufacture determines Prices of Trucks
cool Be wary of Injector
9) Be careful of Brake system
10) The HP should always be above 320.
11) Always get 2x100 Volts Battery
12) Block the Thermostat. Inquire about ThermoStat.
13) Buy left handed trucks

Models to buy

A) Mack and DAF ONLY. It is known by trucking experts that SCANIA are UNSUITED FOR NIGERIAN ROADS. (This was where we really messed up)
B) MAN is an alternative truck to consider.

MACK -:
A) R 685 st --- for Any R Models, don’t look beyond 1980s Model
B) CH 613 ---- For any CH Models do not look beyond 1999 Model

DAF -:
A) XP75 --- Unsure But not beyonf 1999
B) DAF 95 --- Unsure But not beyond 1999

TYRES

Option 1 and best option if we have enough money -- BridgeStone and/or Pirelli
Option 2 and only buy when lack of funds -- Ceat Tyres
STAY AWAY FROM DOUBLE STAR Tyres and other unbranded tyres.

FLAT BEDS AND TRAILERS or Box trailers (The carriage part of the truck)

1) Must be STRONG and HEAVY
2) Must be 30 Tonnes and above
3) Please note that a 30 Tonnes Flatbeds and Trailers cannot carry LOADS above 30 tonnes of goods. Whenever heavy loads are put onto trailers, there will be issues with the trucks and trailers and wheels. That is why it is always advisable to get Trailers and Flat Beds above 30 Tonnes. There are lots of 35 Tonnes, 45 Tonnes FlatBeds and Trailers. If its a 10 tons Truck, make sure the load is never above 10 tons.
4) How can we know the weight of goods loaded? Check the Bill of Lading and find out. The manufacturers will normally always fill the trucks to it fullest without considering weight issues. Failing to manage this area will create alot of issues for the trucks in the long run.

SERVICES AND MAINTENANCE

1) Trucks should be checked and maintained once a month every month by a trusted mechanic.

2) Inspection of the “hooks” on the Trailers are to be carried out on a regular basis.

3) Replacing battery every 3-4 months.

4) Service and grease your trucks every 5000-7000 miles

5) Have arrangements with reputed fuel stations. Be careful of diesel mix. A mixed diesel could cause a lot of trouble for the engine. Build trust with Fuel station.

GIT (Goods in Transit)

Prefer Leadway insurance over other company. Have good relationships with insurance people to get priority services.

Tipper buying advise -- Do not buy second hand tippers. I highly doubt they will be a good investment as Tippers are highly mechanized. You need a very very professional mechanic to check your second hand tipper. I would rather buy a 1st Hand Tipper. Brand we personally recommend is Sino Howo.

Hope this helps anyone trying to get into the Haulage business.

My humblest regards,

Your Friend
Re: Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. by OGWILLS123: 12:32pm On Apr 26, 2021
shocked 2014 thread
Mr thai where at thou .

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dangote Becomes $20m Wealthier, Maintains Spot As Africa’s Richest Man / ₦‎1 Trillion Old Notes Received By CBN, Banks - Emefiele / Finally, AMCON Sells Keystone Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.