Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865717 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 9:44am On Aug 30, 2014
jejelady:

Lol to d azonto dance.... who knows those who make fun of me too when that thing i drive skids. I just don't like this winter thing... Anyways any Aggies in the house? I am a TAMU-Commerce post grad and i have not seen anyone talking about the Aggies... It's a very cheap school tho (maybe for texas residents) and u can take most of ur classes online if you are taking an MBA.

Prospective grad student here grin ....TAMU-College station though

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 9:49am On Aug 30, 2014
streetMic:

lmao.. Tar! lol. i d joke ni. aw urside bro

Lol...I know nau. My side dey oh...how yankee nau? I know say you go don dey soft there now grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Lana14(m): 10:26am On Aug 30, 2014
@Jejelady, what is the name of your school as in full name tanx in advance.
@Feexo, pls what is the name of your school, try help a brother. Have been searching for school like kilode, need school with low tuition,with no gre/gmat requiremnt, am going for master. Anybody in the house can help. One love
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mckenziii(m): 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2014
@ridimic,I replied alreadi

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by usphranck02: 1:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
I am a graduate of mathematics with a GPA of 4.41 on a 5 point scale. Pls i need the house to help me with some institutions that offer scholarship or fund to their students be it public or private. I will really appreciate your reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by addictiv(m): 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
Amefrica:

Surely!
Pls which is preferable, the paper test or computer based? also would like to know if there is another mode of payment apart from Mastercard. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 1:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
usphranck02: I am a graduate of mathematics with a GPA of 4.41 on a 5 point scale. Pls i need the house to help me with some institutions that offer scholarship or fund to their students be it public or private. I will really appreciate your reply

Check out Florida International University.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
coobboy:
Imma reply asap bigger boss

I sent you pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 3:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
@Ms. Nas,

Your number is dead.

Text me with your new number. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 3:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
usphranck02: I am a graduate of mathematics with a GPA of 4.41 on a 5 point scale. Pls i need the house to help me with some institutions that offer scholarship or fund to their students be it public or private. I will really appreciate your reply

Your CGPA with good recommendations, good GRE and convincing SOP, will get you admission in good public schools with mouth watering, finger licking GA.

The best help you can ever get is at www.gradschools.com

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 3:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
Feexo:

I am in Illinois. Macomb to be précis; it is 3 hours outside of Chicago by train.

Great! Winter is tough there too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 5:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
Walspring:

I sent you pm
Replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Snazzygirl: 6:31pm On Aug 30, 2014
imperiouxx:

It's been a long time, how are you doing?

I'm fine dear. How are you? Its been a while, we should catch up soon grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
Snazzygirl:

Snazzy Aye!! grin cheesy Mama oo! Owó méjì f'éyin nìkan! Shey kó w'álè?? grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Snazzygirl: 7:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
zeezahbee: teddy, you too dey wahala yourself. If you like go and Bleep up and tell the school on your visa about your plans, you are on your own. I will keep saying it, apply to a CC and get their i20 for spring, get an updated i20 from the uni on your as well. Once you land yankee, go straight to the CC and tell them you wwant to transfer to their school, they will tell you to call the uni on your visa to transfer your ssevis record, it won't take them 1min to do that, immediately your record is transferred you get another updated i20 from the CC an dthats all

@Zee, this your plan sounds good, but in reality not all schools work that way. You were just lucky with yours. @Teddy, if the CC and your Uni are in the same city or state and you can afford to travel to the Uni first, then you should. It is polite to talk to the international advisor (ur DSO) that helped you with your admission. You can tell her you have sponsorship/money issues or whatever, and she/he should transfer your I-20 to the CC. If you don't want to do long thing, you can just call the Uni and request for I-20 transfer. However, the first thing to do is apply to the CC, and get accepted.
Any of the two transfer plans work: Zee's plan or going to the Uni first. You are ignoring the important thing...NOT all schools are comfortable transferring I-20's the first semester. Look at the Uni's transfer policy, ask people that have gone through the process from your school, pray and hope for the best. Good luck!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Snazzygirl: 7:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
MsNas:
Snazzy Aye!! grin cheesy Mama oo! Owó méjì f'éyin nìkan! Shey kó w'álè?? grin grin

Mama Ibadan, agbalagbi ton je poundoyam pelu burger. E badt gaaan! Ko wale jare padi mi toh sexy! cheesy grin kiss

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Feexo: 7:12pm On Aug 30, 2014
bigfrancis21:
Wow bro. I'm so glad you're making great process. You're gradually becoming part of the American system. I also like the fact that you are moving very fast.
Yes you can work the whole 20 hours and even a little more. As an international student you are required to work 20 hours a week, but excesses of 2 to 5 hours ie 22 to 25 hours per week is allowed. Last semester was so busy, at times I was required to work up to 25 hours when I was needed around the more.
Yea, you are very much on course. You'll have to decide which of both jobs you want. Since both are the same restaurant/fast food business both are the same in terms of working conditions. However, I'd suggest you pick the Burger King job option as you'd get more hours there than at the cafeteria. 8 hours per week is quite small to break even. After your SSN comes promptly inform the cafeteria that you've found another job and would be taking that other job instead.

Thanks bro! The thing is both of them told me to start next-week, and the officials coming to issue the SSN don't come until around mid-September. I applied with my school ID and international passport pending when I get my SSN. I plan to send an email to the lady in charge of student employment and SSN and seek her guidance. I might as well give her a call as I have her phone number. What do you think?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Feexo: 7:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
streetMic:
u are on the right path...those who work hard will see alot of options. As i have said earlier God will work your way out and you will be a testimony. take 15 hrs n go for the best pay. 20 hrs go take all ur strength

You said God would work things out for me and I never doubted that... Thanks a lot for the support and encouragement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 7:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
Snazzygirl:

Mama Ibadan, agbalagbi ton je poundoyam pelu burger. E badt gaaan! Ko wale jare padi mi toh sexy! cheesy grin kiss
Twale mama! Irumole nóòsì! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 7:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
Feexo:

You said God would work things out for me and I never doubted that... Thanks a lot for the support and encouragement.
Will message you soon bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 8:29pm On Aug 30, 2014
Snazzygirl:

It's good to hear from you again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by phemix: 8:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
Snazzygirl:

awon eleyi ti pe gaan ni tarmac o

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 30, 2014
Can't agree more. Orita challenge....
phemix:

awon eleyi ti pe gaan ni tarmac o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jejelady(f): 9:41pm On Aug 30, 2014
Lana14: @Jejelady, what is the name of your school as in full name tanx in advance.
@Feexo, pls what is the name of your school, try help a brother. Have been searching for school like kilode, need school with low tuition,with no gre/gmat requiremnt, am going for master. Anybody in the house can help. One love

Texas A&M Commerce
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 30, 2014
'B' average or better in all course work attempted while registered as an upper-division student in the Bachelor.s program, and a GRE general test score with a minimum quantitative score of 148.

Hello guys,
I just checked the requirements for a Masters program and the above was one of them. With a GPA of 3.64 out of 5.0, do you think I stand a good chance?
Your thoughts please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Lana14(m): 11:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
@Jejelady, tanx I appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Lana14(m): 11:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
@Jejelady, thank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by shakol91(m): 11:41pm On Aug 30, 2014
sirRiddy: Can't agree more. Orita challenge....
if you're within this area,let's hook up,I'm presently in Challenge police Barrack, Orita Ibadan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Feexo: 12:00am On Aug 31, 2014
Lana14, my school name is Western Illinois University. I wrote both the GRE and Toefl. In fact, during my interview, the visa officer actually requested for those standardized exams and SOA. Also, the school requires the Toefl, and also the GRE for most of its programs. On a personal note, I am yet to come to terms with people's desire to evade exams, when same prepares one for graduate studies and also increases one's chances at the embassy...

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by juntod: 12:21am On Aug 31, 2014
MsNas:

How far madam? Was at western union to do the money order stuff but they said they only accept cash. Did I get it wrong? Abeg tell me the best means to move cash from my naira mastercard to my usa bank account without withdrawing from the machine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 12:47am On Aug 31, 2014
juntod:

How far madam? Was at western union to do the money order stuff but they said they only accept cash. Did I get it wrong? Abeg tell me the best means to move cash from my naira mastercard to my usa bank account without withdrawing from the machine.
Western Union ke? Do you guys have a walmart around there? If yes, go there and walk to Walmart Money Center, tell them you wanna buy money order. You can use your card there. I'm aware that some stores like "Harp's" only accept cash for Money orders. But I'm sure Walmart and Kroger accept card for money order.

Go to walmart, bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 31, 2014
No, bro. I do not reside in IB at all. Just trying to join the fun. Hope u r good though?
shakol91: if you're within this area,let's hook up,I'm presently in Challenge police Barrack, Orita Ibadan

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa