Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,397 members, 7,800,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (864653 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mckenziiiii: 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2015
Off to Chicago by train

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2015
Bro send me your email address to sirriddy@yahoo.com
profojah:

Yes broda.....You dey call pass etisalat owner sef grin....I'll miss those 30-40mins nonstop calls bro....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
sirRiddy:
Oga moro, igba wo le n bo wa si ife? Tried to reach your cell but could not get through. Happy Sunday, sir.
olumide_ojajuni@yahoo.com and profojah78@gmail.com
My gmail dey fuk up....I can't access my mail now ...thanks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2015
Mystiqme:

Check out ultramobile.me. Verify that they cover your area first. they have $19 and $29 unlimited call and text plans that should be enough for anybody that has wifi at home. I have been using their $19 plan together with my school internet and I'm satisfied with it thus far.
also check Lycamobile and Ptel.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 5:08pm On Jan 04, 2015
Mystiqme:

Check out ultramobile.me. Verify that they cover your area first. they have $19 and $29 unlimited call and text plans that should be enough for anybody that has wifi at home. I have been using their $19 plan together with my school internet and I'm satisfied with it thus far.
also check Lycamobile and Ptel.
Lyca is just rubbish. My roomie used it for 3 months, if you get to some area, network will disappear and you will have to switch off and on your phone.
I use the simple mobile $25 plan and supplement with wifi. There's wifi in school and most places I go

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Gozychuks(m): 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2015
who knows about black universities
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 5:22pm On Jan 04, 2015
kofsy:
*peeps in* Wow! *Walks in Magestically*
Good am all. It's really been a while. Glad to see the house marching forward grin

Pls is Gboyega still here? I would like to speak with him urgently. Gboyega if you are reading this pls quote me. I lost your contact should have contacted you via whatsapp. Plus I can't really spell out your exact id on here I know its Gboyega'something. cheesy Looking forward to hearing from you. Tnx

I am still here madam.
@Slimmy05, thanks for CC me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 6:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
Horayce:

What network is this? On Tmobile(which I signed up with yesterday) the minimum non contract plan is $35 unlimited local calls and Texts. I don't think I've ever paid that high for calls in Naija but the pay as you go plans no make sense so I just went with that option.

Mine is simple mobile. Check out their plans here:
http://www.simplemobile.com/wps/portal/home/shop/serviceplans/!ut/p/a1/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOJdDLx8jQMdPYyCPMxNDTwDPJyD3c39DEwcjfXD9aPwKjEwx6_A380IqsAAB3A00C_Izg4CAO-PTro!/dl5/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 8:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
Slimmy05 I sent you a pm.. Kindly reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
honeyad:
Slimmy05 I sent you a pm.. Kindly reply
haven't gotten your on. Sent you one though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by foohard: 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2015
I was in a similar but worse situation when I applied for student visa and the visa was still issued.. My 2cents advice, do not lie to them.

zesweedie:
Hello Everyone,
Ok so I have plans to study in the US. And before I go any further, one thing to note in my case is that my husband is a permanent resident of the US. I also want to note that hes' attained this status for only about Six months. We got married at the registry when he visited Nigeria last month and plan to do both traditional and church weddings by his next visit in three months.
I'm(we) just wondering, If I succeed through the admission process of the institution I intend going to... and note in my visa application that my husband is resident in the states, with the conditions I have mentioned above I have a feeling that this would either be good for my application or just kill it.
Please advice me on how to make this work. Your input would be invaluable and of immense help.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 9:51pm On Jan 04, 2015
Wow my bros and sister's it's been a long time ....Hope you all going for your interviews would find success. ...ijn

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by taiwo09: 10:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
sirRiddy:
Ok, Taiwo.
i have sent the pm sir..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
I saw it, reply my mail.
taiwo09:

i have sent the pm sir..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 04, 2015
I invited you bro...Sorry for the delay.
profojah:

olumide_ojajuni@yahoo.com and profojah78@gmail.com
My gmail dey fuk up....I can't access my mail now ...thanks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 04, 2015
sirRiddy:
I invited you bro...Sorry for the delay.
Seen my Oga....Your head is Valid...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 11:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
Classicalmusic:
Sure i know he's filling application but on the I-20, what will be the address finally?

I have respect for you so i'm not trying to talk you down.

The address doesn't matter. All my correspondence were in care of my sister's address in FL back then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kunlebal(m): 3:24am On Jan 05, 2015
Happy New Year fam, miss you guys real bad.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sarmiie(m): 5:00am On Jan 05, 2015
hello house. happy nw yr. bin a while since i last popped in. to those who already have dia visa n r planning to come soon, pls take note of the followng:

- pls, pls n pls, no matter what you do, dnt miss ur connecting flight from dubai to america. you will regret it. honestly. i almost hated mysef for doing so. You might say "nah, i wont do so". you'd be surprised. its quite easy to gt overconfident. the only upside is dt u'd neva miss a flight again in ur entire life once it happens.

- you can ask for help from anyone. at first, i was shy, bt when push came to shove, i had no choice bt to ask, n pipl were unexpectedly helpful...from middle easterners to europeans to black americans to ugandas...even if one acts odd, jst shrug it off n ask another.

-buy bread for your flight o. their food takes a lot of getting used to, n unless u consume burger n bagels n hotdogs on a regular basis, u'd definitely need that bread. trust me on that!!!

- when u get to d p.o.e, answer any que straightforwardly. no dilly-dallying, no long story, no eye service, nothing like that. hmm mmh. jst answer any question asked in a simple fashion.

- dont allow anyone u dnt know handle your passport o. biko!! i know it sounds stupid, bt exactly that happened in dubai. the lady was jst crying.

- finally, bring some cash with you. you neva can ell d emergency u might be in dt wld require spending some money, n without tha, u'd be in real trouble.

that's all off my hand......God bless us all. take care

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by boofydon: 7:56am On Jan 05, 2015
Hello house, please can I use my student's copy of my transcript to start my bsc reult evaluation?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 05, 2015
boofydon:
Hello house, please can I use my student's copy of my transcript to start my bsc reult evaluation?
no, they need official transcript directly from your school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 05, 2015
GboyegaD:

The address doesn't matter. All my correspondence were in care of my sister's address in FL back then.
Oga GboyegaD...where have u been sir...I don pm u tire...how's every boss...I've really missed your encouraging posts here...God bless u my Oga
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 05, 2015
slimmy05:
And I'll miss Akwari like cray shi*....I told my uncle yesterday and he was like "ohhh!! That slim-tall-cool guy that came that day"...he regarded his Congratulations and greetings to u boss....
Slimmmmmmmyyyyyyyyy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by boofydon: 8:19am On Jan 05, 2015
slimmy05:
even WES?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by boofydon: 8:29am On Jan 05, 2015
@slimmy05 pls reply your pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 05, 2015
profojah:

And I'll miss Akwari like cray shi*....I told my uncle yesterday and he was like "ohhh!! That slim-tall-cool guy that came that day"...he regarded his Congratulations and greetings to u boss....
Slimmmmmmmyyyyyyyyy
smiley My regards to him. Thanks a lot. I am with you on this. God will do it.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 05, 2015
boofydon:
@slimmy05 pls reply your pm
done
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Larminess: 8:50am On Jan 05, 2015
Happy new year to all, pls I need ur candid advice I applied for b1/b2 around September last year for seminar at American Institute of baking but was denied due to strong ties in my country of residence which is (dubai) but now I wanna apply for F1 in biology(food safety) n I wanna apply as a freshman but wanna come to naija to apply btw I've been a cook for than 2yrs now... Can d previous b1/b2 in any way affect d f1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 05, 2015
slimmy05:
smiley My regards to him. Thanks a lot. I am with you on this. God will do it.
Amen!!!...thanks my Oga
When are u flying?......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 9:42am On Jan 05, 2015
profojah:

Oga GboyegaD...where have u been sir...I don pm u tire...how's every boss...I've really missed your encouraging posts here...God bless u my Oga

Sorry about that. Thought I responded to every PM perhaps I missed yours. I will try to breeze in here more often.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 9:46am On Jan 05, 2015
Larminess:
Happy new year to all, pls I need ur candid advice I applied for b1/b2 around September last year for seminar at American Institute of baking but was denied due to strong ties in my country of residence which is (dubai) but now I wanna apply for F1 in biology(food safety) n I wanna apply as a freshman but wanna come to naija to apply btw I've been a cook for than 2yrs now... Can d previous b1/b2 in any way affect d f1

The B1/B2 shouldn't affect your F1 decision since you are applying for Fall and time must have passed from your last appearance at the embassy.
More so, why do you have to come to Nigeria to apply since you have your necessary papers to live and work in Dubai for now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.