Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,273 members, 7,807,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865609 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by okikskis: 3:54am On Jan 10, 2015
Hello all,

are you coming to houston? to study and you need cheap accommodation , contact me asap!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by repsin(m): 4:02am On Jan 10, 2015
slimmy05:
I just booked with qatar and paid via card. My flight confirmation have been sent to my email. Please, how do I select seat and how do I know which is close to the window. Kindly assist. Thanks
check in online like 48hours before your flight. If u go to the airport to check in, window seats might not be available
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 4:29am On Jan 10, 2015
slimmy05:
I just booked with qatar and paid via card. My flight confirmation have been sent to my email. Please, how do I select seat and how do I know which is close to the window. Kindly assist. Thanks

I don't think you can select seats before check-in if you booked directly on their website. If you booked via a third party site, then they typically permit you to select your preference.. if not give them a call and tell them seats you prefer.They can get you a window seat based of availability.Seats are not guaranteed though until you actually check-in.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 4:41am On Jan 10, 2015
jenns:
Hello house, please help soolve my curiosity

Do I need to take my Dad SOA at POE
What are the necessary document I need to have with me at the POE
Is there a certain amt in USD I need to have in my pocket at the POE
What is the best excuse to use if I arrive 28days before resumption.
Finally , is there any procedure in answering the Immigration office at the POE.

There's no big deal with the PoE. Just have your passport and I-20. Have your other documents in your carry-on just in case you're asked..rarely happens though. Don't check them in with your baggage! There's no procedure..just answer whatever is asked without any unnecessary explanation unless warranted. If you decide to carry cash with you, carry less than $10k or you have to declare it. Just have a few bucks with you in case you need to pay for taxi,food etc. right after landing.

For the arrival date, anything less than 30 days to the date indicated on your I-20 is fine..just tell them why-maybe you want to get settled own before the semester starts. But only tell them if they ask you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:56am On Jan 10, 2015
repsin:
check in online like 48hours before your flight. If u go to the airport to check in, window seats might not be available
how do I check in online. Do you have a detail steps on how to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 4:59am On Jan 10, 2015
slimmy05:
I really do not know much about Qatar airways, but as a general practice for aviation companies, you should be able to select a seat by just logging in with your booking reference and last name. Once you are logged in, click on 'Manage my booking' or something related. From there, you should be able to select your choice seat. Goodluck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:27am On Jan 10, 2015
Dot1:

I really do not know much about Qatar airways, but as a general practice for aviation companies, you should be able to select a seat by just logging in with your booking reference and last name. Once you are logged in, click on 'Manage my booking' or something related. From there, you should be able to select your choice seat. Goodluck.
done that already. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by repsin(m): 6:29am On Jan 10, 2015
slimmy05:
how do I check in online. Do you have a detail steps on how to?
U will see the check-in thing on the website. Where are you heading to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 10, 2015
repsin:
U will see the check-in thing on the website. Where are you heading to?
I've already chosen the seats. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 10, 2015
email address for GRE materials? What are you saying?
If you meant that you need GRE materials, check this link:
http://grepdf..in/search/label/GRE%20Books%20Download
aadeyi:
Someone should please help with email address for GRE materials pls.........

Plus please will they ask you for hotel reservation at the point of entry of you are going to resume straight in the school or do schools have allowance for that.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 8:13am On Jan 10, 2015
aadeyi:
Someone should please help with email address for GRE materials pls.........

Plus please will they ask you for hotel reservation at the point of entry of you are going to resume straight in the school or do schools have allowance for that.
www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by justwise(m): 8:16am On Jan 10, 2015
zeezahbee:
its not so early to apply because my roomie graduated last December and her family had gotten their visa like way back in October. The embassy even support you to apply early incase of denial or any processing. So they are free to apply in Feb as long as they have the school IV and yours as well. As for your sister , she shouldn't talk about her pregnancy if she's not asked. Once she get her visa, she could email the embassy telling them about her plans of coming for your graduation and also having her baby, as long as she can foot the hospital bills, she should be fine

I'm surprised to read that section from you. The method of emailing the embassy after getting the visa to inform them about your real intention of obtaining that visa has been abused. It's not against the law to give birth in US as long as you can afford it, so it's counterproductive to withhold that info during the interview even if you are not asked.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by djmakson(m): 8:55am On Jan 10, 2015
That's not true. Take the bull by the horn. Browse the internet yourself (www.ets.com/gre). It's written everymonth where it has available dates. All u just need to do is pick the date that suits you.

My advice to people in here is to try do some online research (usually through google) regarding whatever question they want to ask. It's when you probably hit a brickwall you can start asking people. You will be amazed to find out a couple of answers on your own.

Gentlespencer:
I got to know dat GRE is done during march and December. Is there any lesson or past quest for it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 10, 2015
Happy new year people
My first post
Have some few questions

Am an intending immigrant leaving for d US next month

Wanted to know if there is a difference between immigrants application for university nd international application. I left sec. School 2013

Waec sent my result to wes for evaluation nd Wes needs a confirmation from waec pls how do I inform waec they re wasting time tho since November oo

So I have this fear US might tell me to repeat grade 12 . Am already 18 tho and pls that cant happen... Nd my waec is really nt that superb so I think my GP is going to drop. I had 2Bs 4 C4 nd 2C6 nd an E

Can someone help me with d intending GP
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Gbenge77(m): 9:36am On Jan 10, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

I'm surprised to read that section from you. The method of emailing the embassy after getting the visa to inform them about your real intention of obtaining that visa has been abused. It's not against the law to give birth in US as long as you can afford it, so it's counterproductive to withhold that info during the interview even if you are not asked.
You may only answer questions asked during the interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by justwise(m): 9:38am On Jan 10, 2015
Gbenge77:

Not when it comes to pregnancy and childbirth project.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by djmakson(m): 9:59am On Jan 10, 2015
Yes it is. I did mine using paypal a couple of weeks ago. Good luck to you.

Chars1289:
Longest time house and happy new year. I want to register for Gre test;i would like to know if the paypal method of payment is still valid. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Chaleeee: 10:59am On Jan 10, 2015
squash1986:

This is very funny,nobody can help a brother with an information. Its very sad.

Bro try Wilmington Univ www.wilmu.edu
Georgia State Univ www.gsu.edu

A friend of mine had a 3rd class and even got a scholarship in Wilmington.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Chaleeee: 11:05am On Jan 10, 2015
chukwumaebenmel:
Happy new year people
My first post
Have some few questions

Wanted to know if there is a difference between immigrants application for university nd international application. I left sec. School 2013

Waec sent my result to wes for evaluation nd Wes needs a confirmation from waec pls how do I inform waec they re wasting time tho since November oo

So I have this fear US might tell me to repeat grade 12 . Am already 18 tho and pls that cant happen... Nd my waec is really nt that superb so I think my GP is going to drop. I had 2Bs 4 C4 nd 2C6 nd an E

Thanks

From your post it seems you have a visa already. If yes, then all you have to do is get there and visit schools you intend to attend and ask for their entry requirements. You will still have to write SAT or ACT and TOEFL. Or better still check out the entry requirement for your school of choice by contacting the undergrad admission officer there.

Most school request secondary sch transcript though i.e from SS1 to SS3 apart from WAEC.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jenns(m): 11:59am On Jan 10, 2015
biikeys:

There's no big deal with the PoE. Just have your passport and I-20. Have your other documents in your carry-on just in case you're asked..rarely happens though. Don't check them in with your baggage! There's no procedure..just answer whatever is asked without any unnecessary explanation unless warranted. If you decide to carry cash with you, carry less than $10k or you have to declare it. Just have a few bucks with you in case you need to pay for taxi,food etc. right after landing.

For the arrival date, anything less than 30 days to the date indicated on your I-20 is fine..just tell them why-maybe you want to get settled own before the semester starts. But only tell them if they ask you.
#thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by seangy4konji: 12:22pm On Jan 10, 2015
You are right.
Gbenge77:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
Chaleeee:

From your post it seems you have a visa already. If yes, then all you have to do is get there and visit schools you intend to attend and ask for their entry requirements. You will still have to write SAT or ACT and TOEFL. Or better still check out the entry requirement for your school of choice by contacting the undergrad admission officer there.

Most school request secondary sch transcript though i.e from SS1 to SS3 apart from WAEC.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mcfarlin(m): 1:49pm On Jan 10, 2015
Chaleeee:

Thanks for this.

But for schools that ask for high school transcripts..does that mean they don't need waec?.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
chukwumaebenmel:
Happy new year people
My first post
Have some few questions

Thanks
Finally someone in my situation...bro I also plan to send my waec result to Wes . I'm going to waec office on Monday. Please what and how much did waec ask for in order to send the result and also, how long did it take for The result to be delivered to WES (how long did it take for waec to send it days? Weeks? Please need response asap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by foohard: 4:03pm On Jan 10, 2015
Yes! it was her first time at the embassy.. I guess it was due to lack of travel history according to the interview transcript.. I am inviting 6 of them plus one cousin making a total of 7

Classicalmusic:
Are you talking about group interview now? First of all, do you have any clue on why her application was turned down? Was it her first time at the Embassy? How many siblings are you inviting to the United States?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by foohard: 4:09pm On Jan 10, 2015
Ok.. Thanks!

lalavita:
If your sister's intention is to attend your grad AND give birth, she should be forthright at her interview. She should tell the VO and be prepared to present proof that she has made arrangements with a dr and hospital plus she has the funds to afford it. Many people are given visas for this purpose. After the birth, she should pay her bills and keep the receipt.
There is a whole thread on NL devoted to USA births.

https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure

Disadvantages of 'hiding' her pregnancy at her visa interview include possibly being turned back upon arrival in the US and/or being denied when she goes to renew her visa after having the baby. Good luck.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Chaleeee: 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
mcfarlin:

Thanks for this.

But for schools that ask for high school transcripts..does that mean they don't need waec?.

They still do. Some schools don't. Check the requirements for ur sch.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
jamesflaw:

Finally someone in my situation...bro I also plan to send my waec result to Wes . I'm going to waec office on Monday. Please what and how much did waec ask for in order to send the result and also, how long did it take for The result to be delivered to WES (how long did it take for waec to send it days? Weeks? Please need response asap

Wooow almost in d same situation

For wes you will spend #21500 for everything

When going to waec photocopy your waec original result . Take four passport picture with you
..you will also need an affidavit from d court but there is a woman opposite waec gate she will help you with the affidavit thing just for 1500
...then pay for d evaluation which is 10k then you will see two courier ladies hustling for you to pick one of them to deliver your docx for you. The two courier there re FEDEX nd UpS(I think) but the fedex woman is more pretty, you can pick her grin lol but aside that fedex is faster. She will give you the tracking code to be monitoring when d stuff is delivered..the fee is 10k tho ...it will be delivered within 5 working days..

Hope you have created an account with Wes you will pay 300 dollars for d evaluation

Am at d point where waec has to confirm my waec result. Wes asked them to confirm it.. Dunoo if they sent them mail.

ND dunno if waec replies mails I wanted to send them one to ask them wassup
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mcfarlin(m): 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2015
Chaleeee:

They still do. Some schools don't. Check the requirements for ur sch.

Thanks.

Can I send you a pm?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Akin26: 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2015
Classicalmusic:
It will affect it. Use Nigerian home address. It's very important because you're applying for visa from home and the embassy does not really lay emphasis on previous travel before issuing a visa. They only care about "home ties."

Thanks I appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Classicalmusic: 5:40pm On Jan 10, 2015
foohard:
Yes! it was her first time at the embassy.. I guess it was due to lack of travel history according to the interview transcript.. I am inviting 6 of them plus one cousin making a total of 7

Do you wanna invite basketball team? 7 is too much but I can understand your passion.

Please exclude your pregnant sister if you really want to receive a good news for visa approval and let her apply separately with medical invitation letters from your wife if she's a nurse and of course the hosiptal.

I wish all of them success! Take care brother!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.