Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,470 members, 7,781,364 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:12 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (860848 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by obiaguna(m): 8:06am On Apr 16, 2015
biikeys:

Msc Accounting is generally a better choice for jobs, but you can consider a dual degree with MBA.

Oh okay, Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by scriptwriter19: 11:36am On Apr 16, 2015
Hello gurus, i applied to ETSU and got admitted for fall semester, also got 50% tuition scholarship, my uncle in the UN also said he will pay 10,000 out of my fees, it might seem like i'm a glutton but do you know any other scholarship i can apply to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 16, 2015
scriptwriter19:
Hello gurus, i applied to ETSU and got admitted for fall semester, also got 50% tuition scholarship, my uncle in the UN also said he will pay 10,000 out of my fees, it might seem like i'm a glutton but do you know any other scholarship i can apply to?
which dept? Did you apply for masters or undergraduate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by scriptwriter19: 12:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
I applied for a masters degree, Public Administation with concentration in planning and development
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
scriptwriter19:
I applied for a masters degree, Public Administation with concentration in planning and development
that's good. how did you get 50% scholarship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by scriptwriter19: 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
I just applied for the international student merit scholarship, they got back to me within 2 days
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by glitter24(m): 1:15pm On Apr 16, 2015
Guys please i need help urgently... Im filling my visa form online... Im stock at the point im asked postal code /zip code (Address Information) whats the code please or should i click on does not apply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 1:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
glitter24:
Guys please i need help urgently... Im filling my visa form online... Im stock at the point im asked postal code /zip code (Address Information) whats the code please or should i click on does not apply
google would help u cross that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
scriptwriter19:
I just applied for the international student merit scholarship, they got back to me within 2 days
that's good. Well the international merit scholarship is not so good as you still have to pay 5 to 7k. Email your graduate coordinator thy you would need a tuition scholarship or possibly a GA. You can go to www.etsu.edu and in the search link type ga/ts and apply to any of the position that fits your profile and again keep checking just in case you don't find any that suits your profile.

Do you know Janice Howard at the international students office. Send her email that you are interested in GA position, send along your detailed CV as well.

Do you have anyone here helping you. You had better email him/her so that they can get some stuffs down for you like bed and all the rest, you hardly find already furnished apt here except you want to stay in 16 rooms and 1kitched kind of apt.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
glitter24:
23401 that's for lagos. Where do you reside?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 1:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
even my gpa sef no gree me apply for scholarship grin , but my school provided GA and TA only after u have spent a semster *stingy* people , then you would undergo intensive English program/ training,.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 1:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
this security/background questions sef grin grin grin, which rightfully thinking sane human being go even pick yes sef cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
amanze15:
this security/background questions sef grin grin grin, which rightfully thinking sane human being go even pick yes sef cheesy
I picked yes in all of them and when I got to the embassy it was already filled wth armed soldiers and mobile police force. I entered like Asari Dokubo and Pam visa granted. Try it bro. lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
I know you are lying but...

Contunu
slimmy05:
I picked yes in all of them and when I got to the embassy it was already filled wth armed soldiers and mobile police force. I entered like Asari Dokubo and Pam visa granted. Try it bro. lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 1:43pm On Apr 16, 2015
MissyDivah:
Is that a command or what?

You funny cheesy cheesy cheesy

Is not command joor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 1:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
slimmy05:

I no fit laugh ooo

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 1:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
glitter24:

Which state do you reside?

Lagos - 23401
Ibadan - 23402
Abuja - 23409
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by pcbo: 1:56pm On Apr 16, 2015
Had my appointment at 8;30,got to the embassy around 6:45 ,cos i couldnt sleep and it was the first time i pray in 7 years but was dumbfolded when i started speaking tongues when praying during the dawn.
When i arrived at the embassy,there were many people waiting already,the 7:30 crew was called in ,then after an hour we were called
at the first point,the officer collected all my visa appointment letter,SEVIS ,reciept and checked if all was right ,after i was given a tag with number on ,i then proceed to do my bio-metrics.
We were separated into non-immigrant and immigrant .Only 2 VOs were attending to the non-immigrants and it was a young guy and lady,both white.after seating,the first 20 were all rejected ,then next 10 after only 2 were given by the lady.The white guy will drilled you are after refused you,whiles the lady gave to a bereaved couple only going to their son's funeral.
So i was kinda scared but wanted ,the lady since she was the lesser devil.Was about going to guy ,when an elderly lady jump-started me to the guy.Hence was favored to go to the lady.

VO:Why do u want to go to US
Me:I want to go to US for my undergraduate education in Elect.Eng
VO:why that University
Me:told her that, they have a mandatory Co-op Engineering program and as an experiential learner it will help me,with hands on the job training,which help me back in the Ghana
VO:Which other schs did u apply and accepted?
Me:Rochester Institute of Technology,Penn state and Rice university
Vo: ok,wow
VO:y dis program
ME: i stayed in the rural area ,and noticed that they are not connected to the national grid ,hence their socio-econimic impact is very low as they dont have affordable and suistainable energy to help them improve their storage and presevation of their agric products produced ,but i beleieve that the program will offer me more opportunity to research about off-grid tech ,which when am back will help to power this local communities.
VO:wow,even Prez. Obama mmentioned about off-grid technology as game-changer in his POWER Africa initiative
VO:who will sponsor you
ME:father
VO:ooh i see you have scholarship,but i can see his statement
ME: gave it to her,she glance through
VO:your visa application has been granted,come on friday for it and also your program is 54 months
Me: yh ,cos it is Co-op program
VO:ok,well visa is 5yrs ,she then tear a slip and wrote that i should come and pick passport on friday and gave me a book about my rights in US

NB:notice that students weren't many at this time ,since most will wait till 1or 2 months to sch reopening hence Vo got time and it really helped me
Please imperiouxx ,slimmy and co ,am a Ghanaian but a good one with big heart ready to help others on thread and proud NL netizen
So i hope to get some congrat beer emoticon from the Boss imperiouxx ,pls don't deny me smiley

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 1:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
slimmy05:
dude u can lie for milky ways grin ,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
amanze15:
dude u can lie for milky ways grin ,
tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
sirRiddy:
I know you are lying but...

Contunu
tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 2:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
pcbo:
Had my appointment at 8;30,got to the embassy around 6:45 ,cos i couldnt sleep and it was the first time i pray in 7 years but was dumbfolded when i started speaking tongues when praying during the dawn.
When i arrived at the embassy,there were many people waiting already,the 7:30 crew was called in ,then after an hour we were called
at the first point,the officer collected all my visa appointment letter,SEVIS ,reciept and checked if all was right ,after i was given a tag with number on ,i then proceed to do my bio-metrics.
We were separated into non-immigrant and immigrant .Only 2 VOs were attending to the non-immigrants and it was a young guy and lady,both white.after seating,the first 20 were all rejected ,then next 10 after only 2 were given by the lady.The white guy will drilled you are after refused you,whiles the lady gave to a bereaved couple only going to their son's funeral.
So i was kinda scared but wanted ,the lady since she was the lesser devil.Was about going to guy ,when an elderly lady jump-started me to the guy.Hence was favored to go to the lady.

VO:Why do u want to go to US
Me:I want to go to US for my undergraduate education in Elect.Eng
VO:why that University
Me:told her that, they have a mandatory Co-op Engineering program and as an experiential learner it will help me,with hands on the job training,which help me back in the Ghana
VO:Which other schs did u apply and accepted?
Me:Rochester Institute of Technology,Penn state and Rice university
Vo: ok,wow
VO:y dis program
ME: i stayed in the rural area ,and noticed that they are not connected to the national grid ,hence their socio-econimic impact is very low as they dont have affordable and suistainable energy to help them improve their storage and presevation of their agric products produced ,but i beleieve that the program will offer me more opportunity to research about off-grid tech ,which when am back will help to power this local communities.
VO:wow,even Prez. Obama mmentioned about off-grid technology as game-changer in his POWER Africa initiative
VO:who will sponsor you
ME:father
VO:ooh i see you have scholarship,but i can see his statement
ME: gave it to her,she glance through
VO:your visa application has been granted,come on friday for it and also your program is 54 months
Me: yh ,cos it is Co-op program
VO:ok,well visa is 5yrs ,she then tear a slip and wrote that i should come and pick passport on friday and gave me a book about my rights in US

NB:notice that students weren't many at this time ,since most will wait till 1or 2 months to sch reopening hence Vo got time and it really helped me
Please imperiouxx ,slimmy and co ,am a Ghanaian but a good one with big heart ready to help others on thread and proud NL netizen
So i hope to get some congrat beer emoticon from the Boss imperiouxx ,pls don't deny me smiley very smooth, congrats man

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
Congrats pcbo, but that visa is 5years I don't understand or you don dey over hear. Do they issue 5years visa to Ghanaians.

The Ghanaians I've met are cunning and they are annoying liars. I am not saying you are one, just the ones I've met. They always want to play smart but they forget so soon we taught them how to be smart.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 2:06pm On Apr 16, 2015
glitter24:

http://www.nigeriapostcodes.com/
follow that link and u will get the code for your area.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 16, 2015
Walspring:

I no fit laugh ooo

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
don't mind the doubting Thomas
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 2:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
abeg shebi person wey win US loteery go become legal resident abi
undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by pcbo: 2:10pm On Apr 16, 2015
yes that was what she said
yes Ghanaian get 5 yrs if undergrad but for master i think will be 2
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by pcbo: 2:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
slimmy05:
Congrats pcbo, but that visa is 5years I don't understand or you don dey over hear. Do they issue 5years visa to Ghanaians.

The Ghanaians I've met are cunning and they are annoying liars. I am not saying you are one, just the ones I've met. They always want to play smart but they forget so soon we taught them how to be smart.
Lol,true ,most Nigerians i know are smart but typical Ghanaians are mostly PHD(pull him down)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by scriptwriter19: 2:16pm On Apr 16, 2015
I have sent the graduate coordinator for my program (Dr Briley) several emails in the past 2 weeks but he has not replied any

slimmy05:
that's good. Well the international merit scholarship is not so good as you still have to pay 5 to 7k. Email your graduate coordinator thy you would need a tuition scholarship or possibly a GA. You can go to www.etsu.edu and in the search link type ga/ts and apply to any of the position that fits your profile and again keep checking just in case you don't find any that suits your profile.

Do you know Janice Howard at the international students office. Send her email that you are interested in GA position, send along your detailed CV as well.

Do you have anyone here helping you. You had better email him/her so that they can get some stuffs down for you like bed and all the rest, you hardly find already furnished apt here except you want to stay in 16 rooms and 1kitched kind of apt.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 16, 2015
pcbo:

Lol,true ,most Nigerians i know are smart but typical Ghanaians are mostly PHD(pull him down)
I wish you all the best bro. Happy you got your visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
scriptwriter19:
I have sent the graduate coordinator for my program (Dr Briley) several emails in the past 2 weeks but he has not replied any

Cal that mugu, or wait till 2nd week of May and email the red neck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
pcbo:
yes that was what she said
yes Ghanaian get 5 yrs if undergrad but for master i think will be 2
When you get your visa kindly confirm that. Whe. You collect your passport I mean

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (502)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.