Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (492) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865399 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by udeyokay: 3:25pm On May 07, 2015
haffikem:
American embassy visa consulate..
6.30 am

woke up said my prayers and moved straight to diplomatic drive.

when i arrived some touts block me arrange my documents..staple some and notified me to write my name at back of my passport.

i did so and quickly sat down and watched as people were paying 4k because of forgotten mrv receipt and passport photograph going for N1500. i jst dey watch what ignorance dey do people.

not too long one girl accosted me saying i would pay for the seat while i wait for my batch to be called in...i paid her N100

soon we were ushered in some minutes after 9am... after routine security checks and traditions..i finally sat.

from my observance booth 6 was a man ..he was asking barely three questions before he approves your visa... booth 8 was a woman she will ask you questions for Africa and still tell you sorry. booth 9 was also asking questions too...even if you've been to everywhere..she go still bounce you.

i was interviewed in booth 8

me good morning
vo pass me your passport pls
me have it ma
vo your i 20
me have it ma
vo why you going to ULL ( stops typing and focus on me )
me because it aligns with my research interest which is computer model validation analyisis of EoR GoM etc
vo whats Eor
me Enhance oil Recovery
vo did u write GMAT ?
me i wrote GRE TOEFL (passes it to her )
vo what did you do in your undergraduate ?
me studied electrical computer engineering
vo what other schools did you apply to ?
me four....WSU UNI KANSAS MUN ULL
vo i see you sponsored by an uncle
me yes
vo can i have his statements ( i passed it to her )
she come dey type for Africa........typing typing ( my leg come dey shake..i come raise one up )

vo so what does your uncle do ?
me he is a manager at #$$"**#%""" funds ltd

shakes her head breath in breath out

vo how is he related to you
me it tell her....
vo so she is the brother to your mum
me yes

vo your visa has been granted..you can pick it up at the address on the form being given to you
me thanks ma

i now arranged all my documents wella step out tall cut the fyn security babe i saw outside eye...she too cut me left eye thanks.

NB i see it all as favour from God. i actually prayed about it and took advice from.here and walspring especially he was very useful.

also i didnt seem mechanical..i jst freed myself when i got to the vo's booth especially when she suspended her typing focusing on my fine face ( lolz)

hope someone finds this piece useful.

Thanks all.

Congrats my man I tap your sucess story
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 07, 2015
haffikem:
6.30 am

when i arrived some touts block me arrange my documents..staple some and notified me to write my name at back of my passport.

i did so and quickly sat down and watched as people were paying 4k because of forgotten mrv receipt and passport photograph going for N1500. i jst dey watch what ignorance dey do people.

not too long one girl accosted me saying i would pay for the seat while i wait for my batch to be called in...i paid her N100

soon we were ushered in some minutes after 9am... after routine security checks and traditions..i finally sat.

from my observance booth 6 was a man ..he was asking barely three questions before he approves your visa... booth 8 was a woman she will ask you questions for Africa and still tell you sorry. booth 9 was also asking questions too...even if you've been to everywhere..she go still bounce you.

me good morning
me have it ma
vo your i 20
me have it ma
me because it aligns with my research interest which is computer model validation analyisis of EoR GoM etc
vo whats Eor
me Enhance oil Recovery
vo did u write GMAT ?
me yes
she come dey type for Africa........typing typing ( my leg come dey shake..i come raise one up )

me it tell her....
me yes

vo your visa has been granted..you can pick it up at the address on the form being given to you
me thanks ma

i now arranged all my documents wella step out tall cut the fyn security babe i saw outside eye...she too cut me left eye thanks.

NB i see it all as favour from God. i actually prayed about it and took advice from.here and walspring especially he was very useful.

also i didnt seem mechanical..i jst freed myself when i got to the vo's booth especially when she suspended her typing focusing on my fine face ( lolz)

Thanks all.

I do find it useful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 4:12pm On May 07, 2015
haffikem:
6.30 am

me good morning
me have it ma
vo your i 20
me have it ma
vo whats Eor
me Enhance oil Recovery
vo did u write GMAT ?
me yes

me it tell her....
me yes

me thanks ma

Thanks all.
Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 07, 2015
Lol gunther6...guess where I dey? Mayfair. I will call you bro

congrats hafikem, you don seduce VO...hehe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mattkelly: 5:13pm On May 07, 2015
profojah:

Yes you can pay for your sevis and book for an appointment with the scanned copy while you wait for the i20 to arrive BUT I'm not sure of going to the consulate with the scan copy for an interview.cc Slimmy05.
Pls don't allow your i20 to be sent via regular mail. It really sucks. You can give them the address of any NL peeps or any family you have in the US to send it there and they will surely send it to you via a cheaper courier...Slimmy05, dotman2460 can help you out on this..

Thanks God bless..I appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 07, 2015
Walspring:

You dey whine me abi I dont know where the second girl is, i will check my email for her contact and get back to you

You will all see and read my success story and to God be the glory

@bold
Amen in the name of Jesus
Thanks my sure guy!!!...Oya I'm waiting but send it nextmonth...so many girls on waitlist this May.
Your head is Valid
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 07, 2015
mattkelly:

Thanks God bless..I appreciate
Let's give the thanks to God....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 07, 2015
Innovativeame,.
We gast see before you leave!...When you dey come ikeja city mall?..or maybe i go come your side?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 07, 2015
You guys should inform me when you will be at ICM...austin and ojah, if you forget to tell me, gbagbe Kaplan o cheesy
hope say you see that thing collect for lag?
profojah:
Innovativeame,.
We gast see before you leave!...When you dey come ikeja city mall?..or maybe i go come your side?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by udeyokay: 6:10pm On May 07, 2015
Guru in the house please I need your advices ,is it okay to change primary occupation from business to using the OTHER column specification in the application .Then I wil write that I'm doing business pluss teaching.
I need some suggestion I want to submit my application please
I was delayed on Dec last year
ThanK you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 7:25pm On May 07, 2015
profojah:
Innovativeame,.
I'm all yours boss. sirRiddy wiggle, you shall be carried along.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by akin3102(m): 7:26pm On May 07, 2015
Bro..I have already filled the coupon..Please what is the next step?
slimmy05:
no probs, you have to fill your coupon online yourself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 7:46pm On May 07, 2015
imperiouxx:

Don't use cold water except it's really warm outside.

I have the same problem too and many other people that came to U.S with dry skin.

@decreamaster..like imperouxx said, you probably have a dry skin. Don't always bath with really hot water-bad for dry skin..also, some olive oil on your skin once a while will do the magic

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 8:20pm On May 07, 2015
terefe:
I hail thee all... Please any info on how having a running immigration petition affects landing a students visa? Thanks

It shows them you have immigrant intent which a student visa technically doesn't allow for.

NB-It doesn't mean that can never get a visa.Just means you need to have a strong 'case'
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by technolee(m): 8:56pm On May 07, 2015
And I got talking with Innovativeame. I discovered we have so many things in common. Despite NL being a faceless forum, he went ahead to help make payment for my flight come July. May God bless your present and coming generations my guy. God bless Nigeria and America!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 07, 2015
akin3102:
Bro..I have already filled the coupon..Please what is the next step?
send me a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 07, 2015
technolee:
And I got talking with Innovativeame. I discovered we have so many things in common. Despite NL being a faceless forum, he went ahead to help make payment for my flight come July. May God bless your present and coming generations my guy. God bless Nigeria and America!
that dude is wonderful. I can give up my scholarship for him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 07, 2015
sirRiddy:
You guys should inform me when you will be at ICM...austin and ojah, if you forget to tell me, gbagbe Kaplan o cheesy
hope say you see that thing collect for lag?
Hahahaha...No p.. Just come do me 4bottles at Bheerhugz or Rhapsody.

Thanks boss, I've collected and sent it...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 9:55pm On May 07, 2015
technolee:
All thanks to God, sir. Thanks for trusting me at least. With people like u, Nigeria will be great someday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 10:00pm On May 07, 2015
slimmy05:
You showed me kindness, I should also make such proliferate. If we all can be kind to ourselves, our combined achievements will be so uncommon. Thanks Slimmy for your encouragement. Danshiki underway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 07, 2015
It was this day last year I got my F-1 visa...I pray God grant everybody going to embassy their wish cheesy cheesy

It's your boy Ipledge

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Feexo: 10:15pm On May 07, 2015
How are things going with you Imperiouxx, Walspring, Zeezahbee, slimmy and everybody? I trust God is in control... I completed a semester in my school in Illinois last year for my masters, was told to I was gonna be in a good stead to get a full GA the second semester if I had a GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 by 2 of my professors, I got 4.0/4.0 but they told me the department was not gonna get funded till fall session and I would definitely qualified if I can maintain my GPA. To cut the long story short, I had no money for another semester before getting the full GA with monthly stipend in the fall- and I did try relentlessly to raise the money-, so I left school. I am sorting myself out now financially and getting myself back in status-wise, and I should be back in school by spring 2006 by God's grace. I need a list of schools that would be my best bet as regards getting funding, and is it possible for me to apply for Phd directly by transferring my credit from my former school? Cheers!!!!

Between, I am studying Political Science....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by spyke01(m): 10:43pm On May 07, 2015
haffikem:
i got my visa approved today @ Abuja . watch out for the transcript.

Thanks . am on my way home ..walspring dicapino slimmy05

Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by technolee(m): 10:57pm On May 07, 2015
slimmy05:
I tell you. Abi.... Would enjoy him to the core.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mattkelly: 11:15pm On May 07, 2015
Ipledge:
It was this day last year I got my F-1 visa...I pray God grant everybody going to embassy their wish cheesy cheesy

It's your boy Ipledge

Amen and Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bplati: 11:18pm On May 07, 2015
Type exactly what you are doing at the moment except that you are into something shady which will backfire on you in the long run. NL doesn't encourage lies. So be sure of what you are doing.

udeyokay:
Guru in the house please I need your advices ,is it okay to change primary occupation from business to using the OTHER column specification in the application .Then I wil write that I'm doing business pluss teaching.
I need some suggestion I want to submit my application please
I was delayed on Dec last year
ThanK you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 07, 2015
Ipledge:

It's your boy Ipledge

Iseeeeee!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by paulbets: 11:31pm On May 07, 2015
You can pay with visa card. I used diamond bank visa card to pay on May 3rd and it was swift. They charged me N36,549.42
The registration is easy. Go to ets toefl page and create account.( It doesn't require any bank information at the point of creating account). Then afterwards u can login with the account and register for the test (this is where u will pay with ur visa card or paypal)

I actually created the ets toefl account with my phone browser, so it tells u how easy it is. But I will recommend that u use computer (not phone) Chrome browser when u want to register for the test
TJ18:

SirRiddy, I have been calling your mtn line but not going thru...pls I need some info abt TOEFL reg... pls do I have to get the gtb token before I can register?
Or do you have an alternative line I can contact you with?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MaxiDj(m): 11:38pm On May 07, 2015
Hello guys, any information about University of Redlands? Applying for graduate program there. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennycooly: 11:44pm On May 07, 2015
Anyone flying with Qatar airline on the 16th of may?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by TJ18(m): 12:14am On May 08, 2015
paulbets:
You can pay with visa card. I used diamond bank visa card to pay on May 3rd and it was swift. They charged me N36,549.42
The registration is easy. Go to ets toefl page and create account.( It doesn't require any bank information at the point of creating account). Then afterwards u can login with the account and register for the test (this is where u will pay with ur visa card or paypal)

I actually created the ets toefl account with my phone browser, so it tells u how easy it is. But I will recommend that u use computer (not phone) Chrome browser when u want to register for the test
Thanks paulbets,i actually have a diamondbank visa card,but does it also entails activating online banking..bla bla..its been a while since i used the card.

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.