Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,448 members, 7,781,299 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:01 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (860840 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
Mine wasnt via email but during the application process...1Prof,1Dr and a family Lawyer...Is that ok? do you have an idea of the one during the application process?

godG:

In your case, calling them won't be bad. Knowing when it gets to the school is actually and issue of how you sent it. If you have been told to send to a given email, that should be delivered in a couple of minutes. If through mail, then your choice of posting becomes a factor in telling when your LOR will get to intended school(s).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
cutelekush01: Mine wasnt via email but during the application process...1Prof,1Dr and a family Lawyer...Is that ok? do you have an idea of the one during the application process?

Sir, we are saying the same thing. Everyone sends LOR during application. Better put: 1.Your school could say you should send the LORs yourself( through email or postage). 2. The application portal could generate a unique link for each of your recommender. 3. They could also send it to the admission office email.

To my understanding, a family lawyer might not suffice only if you are intending to major in law and of which, you must have worked in that lawyers chamber or something. I could be wrong. Why not talk to the admission coordinator of your intended program on that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 8:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
You might be right about the lawyer tho..Mine was through filling there names and email addy during application process..I knew of the sending via email and paper LOR before asking..Thanks

godG:

Sir, we are saying the same thing. Everyone sends LOR during application. Better put: 1.Your school could say you should send the LORs yourself( through email or postage). 2. The application portal could generate a unique link for each of your recommender. 3. They could also send it to the admission office email.

To my understanding, a family lawyer might not suffice only if you are intending to major in law and of which, you must have worked in that lawyers chamber or something. I could be wrong. Why not talk to the admission coordinator of your intended program on that?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by vivysparkles(f): 8:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
imperiouxx:

How are you doing? It's been some time.

Yes o, I'm good. You guys try that really come on here on a regular. What's going on with you na? Shay you moved to New York or smn like that? And how far your doctorate applications?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bibbzy(m): 9:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
Gurus out here.....did anyone hav sample of secondary school transcript how it look like? Want a sample cos my secondary sch dnt issue transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by berry45: 9:56pm On Sep 24, 2014
honeyad:

Applying to a college is a red flag and your chances of getting the visa is minimal compared to when you apply with a good university, Applying as a transfer or freshman doesn't really determine your chances of getting the visa, type Wes on google, you will get their website.... You can also use ECE cos I believe its way cheaper.. If you have applied earlier and was denied, I think you should post your past transcript so the gurus here can point out your errors and you work on it.

thanks really appreciate that, however I have one more question my sponsorer is my step dad and I don't bear his name I bear my dad's name will that have any negative effect on the outcome of the visa decision.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bibbzy(m): 10:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
berry45:

thanks really appreciate that, however I have one more question my sponsorer is my step dad and I don't bear his name I bear my dad's name will that have any negative effect on the outcome of the visa decision.
their is no effect since u cn explain wel why u're bearing different surname
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bibbzy(m): 10:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
Pls anyone heading to california on january??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 10:59pm On Sep 24, 2014
berry45:

No I don't think so... Since its still based on family funds... It's not all about question.. It's all about FAVOUR from God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by alobam1: 11:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
honeyad:

No I don't think so... Since its still based on family funds... It's not all about question.. It's all about FAVOUR from God

My bro,i see you.Una never sleep too..God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennycooly: 11:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
hello house am new here, i wanna apply for any school in Atlanta for a post graduate in business related course and am looking for a school that i wont have to take any examz..plz can anybdy give suggestions...tnks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MrRoYCe(m): 11:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
Bibbzy: Gurus out here.....did anyone hav sample of secondary school transcript how it look like? Want a sample cos my secondary sch dnt issue transcript

I think your report card from SS1-SS3 can serve as secondary school transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
kennycooly: hello house am new here, i wanna apply for any school in Atlanta for a post graduate in business related course and am looking for a school that i wont have to take any examz..plz can anybdy give suggestions...tnks

I dont think you are ready to apply to schools at all... Why are you looking for school that wont take any exams from you? Remember you going for PG and not UG...

Please be serious and try and write exam so that it can boost your chance in getting admission and visa..

God will help us... Amen!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 11:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
alobam1:

My bro,i see you.Una never sleep too..God bless you

Respect boss!! cool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by meskezzy(f): 7:11am On Sep 25, 2014
Hello Gurus in d aous, i am intending to apply for a masters in fashion,textile and interior in US. I av contacted some few schools (uni of texas utexas, kansas state uni,michigan) and d lady from kansas has been really helpful replyin my mails and giving advice and useful links. My question is
(1) my mum is a pensioneer and she is expecting her pay-off from d govt.i hope it is right if i use her as mu sponsor?
(2)or can i use my brother in-law who is a clearing and forwarding agent at apapa. I will appreciate ur 2cent advice my brothers and sisters in the aous. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Feexo: 8:08am On Sep 25, 2014
Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly do I stand to benefit from having SSN and State ID. I can understand the use of driver's license, but I want those that have gone before me to explain the former to me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 9:47am On Sep 25, 2014
meskezzy: Hello Gurus in d aous, i am intending to apply for a masters in fashion,textile and interior in US. I av contacted some few schools (uni of texas utexas, kansas state uni,michigan) and d lady from kansas has been really helpful replyin my mails and giving advice and useful links. My question is
(1) my mum is a pensioneer and she is expecting her pay-off from d govt.i hope it is right if i use her as mu sponsor?
(2)or can i use my brother in-law who is a clearing and forwarding agent at apapa. I will appreciate ur 2cent advice my brothers and sisters in the aous. Thanks

Sorry to ask, do you also study fashion,textile and interior in your undergraduate here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 12:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
MrRoYCe:

I think your report card from SS1-SS3 can serv[color=#990000][/color]e as secondary school transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bibbzy(m): 12:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
MrRoYCe:

I think your report card from SS1-SS3 can serve as secondary school transcript.
oh!!! Tanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bibbzy(m): 1:14pm On Sep 25, 2014
meskezzy: Hello Gurus in d aous, i am intending to apply for a masters in fashion,textile and interior in US. I av contacted some few schools (uni of texas utexas, kansas state uni,michigan) and d lady from kansas has been really helpful replyin my mails and giving advice and useful links. My question is
Your mum is pretty okay but why cant you use your father as your sponsor?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by everpector: 1:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
Hey guys! u ve done pretty good. currently am arranging for my interview and honestly and a bit nervous. Pls not writing any standardized text because your program of study do not require it for admission, is that likely gona be a hitch on the interview date? your suggestions are highly appreciated...#Bigfrancis# am waiting for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 1:59pm On Sep 25, 2014
Feexo: Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly do I stand to benefit from having SSN and State ID. I can understand the use of driver's license, but I want those that have gone before me to explain the former to me.
SSN
When you have an SSN you can do a lot of things
1. Apply for credit cards
2. You can file for your tax returns
3. Some benefits require an SSN before you can get them .

State ID
Well for me, I use it as a form of ID a lot. I use it in lieu of a Drivers license and it is accepted everywhere. Whenever I fly, I tender my State ID and not my passport cos I can't afford to lose my passport because of constant carrying about. You can use your state ID almost everywhere that requires a form of government issued ID.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 2:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
Bro it wont be a good idea going for an interview without at least one standardized test..i will urge you to write TOEFL before your interview if you haven't make a schedule..I think OCT dates are still available..Without a standardized test it shows sign of un seriousness..My 2 cent.

everpector: Hey guys! u ve done pretty good. currently am arranging for my interview and honestly and a bit nervous. Pls not writing any standardized text because your program of study do not require it for admission, is that likely gona be a hitch on the interview date? your suggestions are highly appreciated...#Bigfrancis# am waiting for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by electronic(m): 2:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
Ms Nas is TOEFL compulsory in your school? considering the fact that i am aplying for GA/TA in Computer Engineering
though i am from EE background sha

grin wink cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 2:36pm On Sep 25, 2014
electronic: Ms Nas is TOEFL compulsory in your school? considering the fact that i am aplying for GA/TA in Computer Engineering

grin wink cool
Depends on the department. I'm not in that department.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 3:31pm On Sep 25, 2014
electronic: Ms Nas is TOEFL compulsory in your school? considering the fact that i am aplying for GA/TA in Computer Engineering

grin wink cool

Most schools I know require TOEFL, especially if you're applying for TA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 3:34pm On Sep 25, 2014
MsNas:
SSN
When you have an SSN you can do a lot of things
1. Apply for credit cards
2. You can file for your tax returns
3. Some benefits require an SSN before you can get them .

State ID
Well for me, I use it as a form of ID a lot. I use it in lieu of a Drivers license and it is accepted everywhere. Whenever I fly, I tender my State ID and not my passport cos I can't afford to lose my passport because of constant carrying about. You can use your state ID almost everywhere that requires a form of government issued ID.

Plus you can't work legally without your SSN or at least a receipt stating you've applied...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by electronic(m): 3:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
biikeys:

Most schools I know require TOEFL, especially if you're applying for TA

angry
lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by electronic(m): 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
MsNas:
Depends on the department. I'm not in that department.

thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 5:42pm On Sep 25, 2014
Yankee folks in the house. Got a question.. I wanted to get an ebook online new ETS GRE practice question book....buy with my GT card.....but Nigeria is not on the list. Okay.

Please if some else gets this ebook for me would he be able to share it with me or is there a way I can get this e copy as a third party?

My GRE exam is approaching.

I checked Google , no help. gurus help you boy. it all in the bid to get to OBAMALAND like you guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
electronic:
angry
lipsrsealed

I just hope you're not sad about writing Toefl!!!!!!
Of all exams!!!
A practical piece of cake??.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Babalola1990: 6:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
Amefrica:

Sent!

Omoh, the cold dey battle me for here oo. embarassed
Cold? .. Hia! This place hot pass Venus. Got your mail man, safe!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (502)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.