Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:58 PM

Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! (45554 Views)

BUDGET OFFICE: 14 Federal Tertiary Hospitals To Receive November Salary Late! / NMA Strike: New Salary Structure For Doctors Takes Off January 2015 / Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by skabber2: 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
Doctors started receiving their new salary arrears today. Hopefuly they should resume work soon.
But how sustainable is this?
A Situation where a consultant collected #700,000 as two month salary increament arrears. Is medicine in nigeria all about money? Presently, a fresh consultant takes home around #530,000.00 monthly for doing almost nothing (Residents run the hospital ). Consultants new take home now will be around #900,000.00 monthly.
When patients pay through their noses to get treated in our hospitals with dilapitated facilties everywhere, doctors are busy enriching their pockets.
Why won't all doctors want to do residency and become consultant sharp sharp! it shows why they are more concerned with passing their exams than patients care. I Learnt dis jumbo pay didn't cut across though, guess the Ogas betrayed the Regs. Reason why the younger docs want to start on level 13.
Why won't JOHESU members want to become cosultants by all means.
When are we going to get a thing right in this country?
Are doctors the only underpaid workers in nigeria?
How many state government can pay a consultant #900,000 monthly? We are yet to see the end of doctors strike.
There is serious problem!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Ojeremi(m): 11:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
Why dont you read medicine, even if not for the money but for the lifes u want to save even when u can easily lose yours...instead u do a 2year diploma and want to be called Consultant.

65 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by macsika: 11:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
That's what happens when doctors study medicine without knowing the medical ethics.

Everything in this country is just all about money.

14 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by EllaD101(f): 11:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
They deserve it. How I wish am a doctor.

56 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by armadeo(m): 1:27am On Aug 23, 2014
This op you posted a document dated January and started ranting in drs pay.
What exactly is wrong with you.

Your comments and the circular are parallel lines.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Akgelo2k: 2:21am On Aug 23, 2014
They actually deserve it so don't hate

21 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by evanscheck(m): 2:39am On Aug 23, 2014
I wud nt say they shud nt pay them ooo, but I am saying that wen anoda association decides to ask for pay increase like their counter part has done, pls they shud listen and endevour to increase too.

12 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by embassyman(m): 10:22am On Aug 23, 2014
For me, i dont think they are overpaid because, its not an area that can be melted off, but must be taken seriously by all of us, not even now that we have many viruses around, we need not only divine intervention but also Doctoral intervention,
Pls pay doctors well, i beg

26 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by skabber2: 10:29am On Aug 23, 2014
Ojeremi: Why dont you read medicine, even if not for the money but for the lifes u want to save even when u can easily lose yours...instead u do a 2year diploma and want to be called Consultant.
what is this one saying?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by amaham(m): 11:06am On Aug 23, 2014
abeg, confirm before posting lies oo . which centre are you in ?is there difference among specialities ? get ur facts right before u start breeding hatred in this forum
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by chuksbogus: 6:42pm On Aug 23, 2014
I can authoritatively tell you all that this is a big ,fat ,wide lie.All the increments both on COMESS AND CONHESS have not been implemented.Everything is on hold till the yayale Ahmed committee bring out their recomendations

4 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by toysleek(f): 7:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
chuksbogus: I can authoritatively tell you all that this is a big ,fat ,wide lie.All the increments both on COMESS AND CONHESS have not been implemented.Everything is on hold till the yayale Ahmed committee bring out their recomendations
The docs in my hospital were paid 2months arrears yesterday and each consultant got 700k for 2mnths, Senior reg got about 400+..but the Regs were sidelined.it will be fully implemented in January nxt yr.

3 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by toysleek(f): 8:00pm On Aug 23, 2014
amaham: abeg, confirm before posting lies oo . which centre are you in ?is there difference among specialities ? get ur facts right before u start breeding hatred in this forum
It's very true..
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by phantom(m): 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2014
toysleek:
The docs in my hospital were paid 2months arrears yesterday and each consultant got 700k for 2mnths, Senior reg got about 400+..but the Regs were sidelined.it will be fully implemented in January nxt yr.

there is no way SRs got 400. thats a lie. please confirm before you post lies.

1 Like

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by toysleek(f): 8:42pm On Aug 23, 2014
phantom:

there is no way SRs got 400. thats a lie. please confirm before you post lies.
For both months, YES..Shebi you are a SR? Maybe your hosp is yet to pay yours sha.
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by phantom(m): 8:48pm On Aug 23, 2014
yes theyve started paying but its even barely 200 for SRs

2 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by shadowwalker101: 3:39am On Aug 24, 2014
good good
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Bishop4bella(m): 3:43am On Aug 24, 2014
We dont knw who is fooling who in diz country. I read it FG ar bring in docs frm Eygpt. Though it has nt come to our notice we shld prepare 2mnth arrears 4 both Reg nd const
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by RisMas(m): 3:44am On Aug 24, 2014
hmmm
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by uken73(m): 3:48am On Aug 24, 2014
They won. Hope they can justify this jumbo pay by attending to patients properly. But some would still provide haphazard service and divert patients to their hospital.

A nasty experience in a public hospital
Some years ago I was at a teaching hospital for a common medical fitness test & certification. I got to the hospital at some minutes past 8am. First I queued for card retrieval and watched as nurses would go in and have their relations/friends cards retrieved earlier even when those friends had just arrived. Then queued for Blood Pressure test and assignment to consultant. By the time I was assigned to a doctor it was almost 11:30am. I now queued again to see the consultant. When I finally go in to meet the consultant, she said she doesn't handle fitness examination and referred me to another consultant. I went and joined another queue. On the queue I was able to see the consultant doctor when the door is opened. The doctor (male) was spending most of the time browsing on his laptop instead of attending to patients. And his queue was progressing very slowly. Just when I was next in line, he told the nurse assisting him that he won't attend to any other person. This was nearly 1pm. Can't remember, but I think it was said that they close by 1pm. We were told to come back another day. I refused to leave. Immediately the last patient left I stepped in and persuaded the doctor to attend to me that I'd been there since morning and was made to wait on the wrong queue. He insisted that he was done for the day and asked me to leave. I went back to the other doctor I was initially assigned to, she had stopped attending to people too, but when I explained my challenge and the fact that I had limited time to submit the fitness report, she attended to me. By the time I was done with the tests it was already past 3pm. My whole day was virtually spent in the hospital for just a fitness test.

While waiting I had also observed how nurses would scold an old man who was groaning in pains. This old man was old enough to have children who are much older than most of these nurses, but they don't seem to have any sympathy for the man just because they believe the man had waited too long before seeking medical attention. They would make comments like "Is it today that this problem started? Let us hear something, abeg"

14 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by yomalex(m): 4:28am On Aug 24, 2014
This Again?
Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Fitz22(f): 4:28am On Aug 24, 2014
Akgelo2k: They actually deserve it so don't hate

Ignorance..were dey forced to study medicine.

5 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Oduduwaboy(m): 4:29am On Aug 24, 2014
Wow. this thread must be a joke!
@Op , you need to cry more. What do you know about doctors' work and compensation? You are a complete slowpoke my guy!

3 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Sermwell(m): 4:29am On Aug 24, 2014
After some id1ots will come here to tell us that GEJ is not working! Useless mofos!!

GEJ TILL 2029!!!

3 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Oduduwaboy(m): 4:36am On Aug 24, 2014
Bishop4bella: We dont knw who is fooling who in diz country. I read it FG ar bring in docs frm Eygpt. Though it has nt come to our notice we shld prepare 2mnth arrears 4 both Reg nd const
...and so you were happy when you heard of doctors coming from Egypt? I guess anything fair-skinned must be better than your dark-skinned compatriots abi? You deserved to be flogged my friend because you are sufferring from a mental disorder known as neo-colonialism already complicated by a severe state of inferiority complex!

13 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by wallex1983(m): 4:39am On Aug 24, 2014
They say Residents are undergoing training, yet they are the ones doing the work. They are the ones that sleep in the hospitals to monitor patients and still resume 8am next day. Consultants barely do nothing in †ђξ hospital. Last to come into the theatre for surgery and first to leave. No night calls....... Yet they get all the attention. No wonder the strike isn't effective. Rubbish!!!

5 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by vision2050: 4:43am On Aug 24, 2014
If Doctors are god.hmm we won't live comfortable in naija

1 Like

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Yeske2(m): 4:49am On Aug 24, 2014
So the FG bulged in at last, that Shows we dey strong.

2 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by basty: 4:54am On Aug 24, 2014
Can you compare Doctor's Salaries to David Mark allowances. An empty head who does nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Acidosis(m): 5:12am On Aug 24, 2014
900k? wow!

..and the same FG will encourage fresh and old graduates to embrace the N20k/month sure-p non.sense. Choi, see humiliation! Do we really have a functional Civil Service Commission?

Few Nigerian based Profs (mostly Vice Chancellors in oil rich areas like DELSU) earn above that. Most Profs in state owned universities earn way below N500K. More threats await the F.G anyway.

Meanwhile, I heard some Profs in Ekiti State University earn below N300k (after tax). Such a pity! Strike neva start oo cheesy

This is from Punch_NG
Some of the Nigerian professors who reacted to the report said that it did not reflect the general wages of a professor. They however admitted that with the new consolidated salaries in federal universities the estimated earning might not be far from the truth as some of the most senior professors earn about N600,000 per month.
Just to confirm my assertions. http://www.punchng.com/education/nigerian-professors-among-best-paid-in-the-world/

Aside DELSU, no other Nigerian University pay Profs 900K/month

This goes to show the high level of disparity in salary structure in the civil service.
Our F.G is a laughable society created for implementing anything motivated by strike actions. smiley

I see ASUU embarking on another action that will catapult the N600K of a well learned Prof to about N1milla per month. Meanwhile, the average graduate hustler is just there on a green white green patroitic uniform struggling and sweating for N18K allawee.

The struggle is yet to begin... cool

3 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Burger01(m): 5:13am On Aug 24, 2014
Spineless and greedy bunch of eccentric medical touts. All that matters to them is money and not patients lifeundecided

5 Likes

Re: Fg Paid Doctors New Salary! by Acidosis(m): 5:15am On Aug 24, 2014
basty: Can you compare Doctor's Salaries to David Mark allowances. An empty head who does nothing.

An intelligent man will never compare the salary of a Doctor with that of a Senator smiley

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? / OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! / Dr Linda Ayade Performs Surgeries With Her Medical Team In Cross River (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.