Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (139817 Views)

23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. / Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by dehmohlah(m): 11:56am On Aug 23, 2014
The amount paid by One student in these schools can be used to award scholarship to entire secondary schools in a Local Government Area. There are certain amounts that are just too much to give to another person in the name school fees for education.

Below is the list of six (6) Most Expensive secondary Schools in Nigeria and their School Fees per year.

Here is the list arranged from the six to the highest paying school.….

Please don’t misunderstand this, it is NOT the  sum of school fees of the entire students, it is just for a single students… lol

Enjoy the view

6. Dowen College, Lekki

They charge N2,000,000 annually for a boarding student and N1,250,000 for a day student.

5. Chrisland College, Ikeja

They charge as high as N2,000,000 annually. Fees can be paid annually or termly but on or before the first day of school. These include registration,tuition deposit,accommodation and feeding.

4. Atlantic Hall

They charge as much as N2,270,000 for a student

3. Greensprings school, Anthony

They charge a total of N3,185,200 annually for a boarding student and N1,925,200 for a day student

2. Lekki British International school, Lekki phase 1.

They charge $19,500 + N200,000 development fee. In Naira, a student pays N4,000,300 per session including feeding,school uniform,hostel, sunday wear and textbooks.

1. British international school, Victoria island

They charge $26,750 + N200,000 annually for a student. This includes boarding facilities, feeding, books,uniforms,textbooks etc. which is about N4,480,000 when converted to naira

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by faithugo64(f): 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2014
most of the students there don't study despite the huge amount they pay,they sometimes can't stand students from a community secondary school,its not about d money,the question is,at the end,which do you graduate with; a certificate or a sabificate

173 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2014
I went to a very local school but they are not better than me.

23 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by fr3do(m): 12:26pm On Aug 23, 2014
cheesy
Why are the fees of supposedly british schools displayed in dollars and not pounds?

2. Lekki British International school, Lekki phase 1.

They charge $19,500 + N200,000 development fee. In Naira, a student pays N4,000,300 per session including feeding,school uniform,hostel, sunday wear and textbooks.

1. British international school, Victoria island

They charge $26,750 + N200,000 annually for a student. This includes boarding facilities, feeding, books,uniforms,textbooks etc. which is about N4,480,000 when converted to naira

[Wispering] Is it not disturbing that these big big schools don't ever have Nigerian names? and they probably don't have a pan Nigerian flavour in their curricula. They might even indulge their students in neo colonialist and pro slavery machinations, machinations like 'the Europeans brought civilization to Africa'

Let's be sincere, majority of our leaders are sons and daughters of elites and the rich. And the average Nigerian big man will send his kids abroad or to those schools with affixes like field, ham, wood, gate...
[speaking loudly] And believe me fellow compatriots, these schools home and abroad are not healthy for our leaders' political psych. Aside the good neutral scientific knowledge impacted on them, some other crappy ideologies are added.

[Speaking normally] I hope to see more expensive schools with Nigerian names, atleast names of towns and cities they are in.
And Nigerians should run good schools and patronise good schools at home.

blakky97:
Upon all the speaking loudly, slowly, whispering, soliloquy, jumping, laughing, .... Na only 12 people don like the post?
All these nairalanders dem selfish oh! Ordinary like again! Abi the thing no funny una?

It wasn't meant to be funny.
I care for my country. When we talk development, we should look beyond roads and bridges for a while.
you can laugh, one could use a comic relief.

64 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by fr3do(m): 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
I have no qualms with the fees as long as those monies don't leave the shores of Nigeria.

Some People erroneously believe that quality is a function of cost. These expensive schools will receive money from all those people who are likely to send their wards to some expensive school abroad and distribute it back to Nigerians.

40 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by HarrveySpecter(m): 12:40pm On Aug 23, 2014
There's one in Ogun, forgotten the name. In a village there fa! Pays way more than all this listed.

14 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by holar2ge(m): 12:43pm On Aug 23, 2014
HarrveySpecter: There's one in Ogun, forgotten the name. In a village there fa! Pays way more than all this listed.

Laural or Mercyland College

7 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by priscaoge(f): 12:55pm On Aug 23, 2014
How brilliant are the students Or is the school only known for their fees

5 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 23, 2014
Hope the SSCE certificate gotten there comes with oil bloc,share certificate in blue-chip companies,reserved employment in ministry of finance,and a sure visa to heaven.

If not,its over hyped.

150 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by superted87: 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2014
HarrveySpecter: There's one in Ogun, forgotten the name. In a village there fa! Pays way more than all this listed.
Day waterman college abeokuta owned by d late gtbank boss (tayo aderinokun) tution fee for a student ranges btw 2 to 3million.

11 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by HarrveySpecter(m): 1:32pm On Aug 23, 2014
superted87:
Day waterman college abeokuta owned by d late gtbank boss (tayo aderinokun) tution fee for a student ranges btw 2 to 3million.
Yeah, that's it. Thanks

priscaoge: How brilliant are the students Or is the school only known for their fees
It's mostly for networking. Just like people that school in Harvard.

25 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by oliidell(m): 1:45pm On Aug 23, 2014
Something tells me this list is faulty. All the schools u listed are in Lagos. There are equally expensive schools in other Nigerian cities and the FCT.

20 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by dehmohlah(m): 1:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
This post should make front page- let people post the names of schools that pay higher or equivalent fees with the one I posted.

4 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by 50calibre(m): 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2014
Yomieluv: Hope the SSCE certificate gotten there comes with oil bloc,share certificate in blue-chip companies,reserved employment in ministry of finance,and a sure visa to heaven.

If not,its over hyped.

You're missing the point, this isn't just about the academics, it's about the whole package.

In terms of quality, you can't compare those schools to the average Nigerian school, the environment, the teachers, the facilities, the intellectual level, the pattern of learning.... are miles ahead of Nigerian standards.

Those schools are for the creme de la creme, no wannabe thugs, no poor people & most likely no bullies. Every kid is such school comes from an upper class, there kids develop network of important friends which comes handy in life. That's why you'd notice people of an upper class belong to a certain clique, these are where those cliques are formed.

People who send their kids there are not fools, if you got the money, send your kids there.

159 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by flyca: 2:12pm On Aug 23, 2014

WaterMann?

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 23, 2014
50calibre:

You're missing the point, this isn't just about the academics, it's about the whole package.

In terms of quality, you can't compare those schools to the average Nigerian school, the environment, the teachers, the facilities, the intellectual level, the pattern of learning.... are miles ahead of Nigerian standards.

Those schools are for the creme de la creme, no wannabe thugs, no poor people & most likely no bullies. Every kid is such school comes from an upper class, there kids develop network of important friends which comes handy in life. That's why you'd notice people of an upper class belong to a certain clique, these are where those cliques are formed.

People who send their kids there are not fools, if you got the money, send your kids there.
Which school did Dangote attend?

115 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by 50calibre(m): 2:27pm On Aug 23, 2014
iwonbaoko: Which school did Dangote attend?

Hungry man!! You're not Dangote, (most people cannot and will not be Dangote) Dangote's Uncle was once the richest man in west Africa, who is the richest person in your family history?

Stop consoling yourself for your substandard education & face reality, work hard so you can afford your kids the luxury your parents couldn't afford you.

160 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2014
Romeichs international school offa garage, ilorin. pays a huge amount also. dey re jxt like 4 classes in each grade and ve about 12 students in each of duz classes. D students also go on excursions and vacations in d u.k and u.s anually. #CONFAM

10 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 23, 2014
chimoz: I went to a very local school but they are month better than me.
u sure about that?

43 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 23, 2014
50calibre:

Hungry man!! You're not Dangote, (most people cannot and will not be Dangote) Dangote's Uncle was once the richest man in west Africa, who is the richest person in your family history?

Stop consoling yourself for your substandard education & face reality, work hard so you can afford your kids the luxury your parents couldn't afford you.
Guy, pesin vex u b4?

66 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 23, 2014
50calibre:

Guy ah ah how far now? Hungry man? You even bring my family into it what is with the insults now? Why?

98 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 23, 2014
faithugo64: most of the students there dnt study despite the huge amount they pay,they sometimes cant stand students from a community secondary school,its not about d money,the question is,at the end,which do you graduate with;a certificate or a sabificate
You can't say they dnt study... They do and try meet one of 'em n see their level of intelligence, they're super smart kids.. I didn't av d privilege of attending tho, but I've met a few of 'em n they're smart..

23 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 23, 2014
flyca:

WaterMann?
This school s so superb, ma kids gotta attend this school

5 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2014
oliidell: Something tells me this list is faulty. All the schools u listed are in Lagos. There are equally expensive schools in other Nigerian cities and the FCT.
Like Jesuit Loyola, Abj

11 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by 50calibre(m): 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2014
iwonbaoko: Guy ah ah how far now? Hungry man? You even bring my family into it what is with the insults now? Why?

Zedric: Guy, pesin vex u b4?

Ignorance vexed me, I'm tired of people using dangote as an example or excuse. Dangote was born to a very wealthy family, he's not your average Nigerian.

I didn't bring your family into it, I only replied your sarcastic/rhetorical question with fact

40 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by podosci(m): 2:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
fr3do: cheesy
Why are the fees of supposedly british schools displayed in dollars?

because apart from Naira, dollar is the most used currency in Nigeria,some landlords actualy demand u pay their rent in dollar ,,,the then CBN gov SLS had to step in to curb the rape of the Naira by the dollar

5 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Zukoslim(m): 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2014
hmmmmm fees here only for one term can help a nigga through out his stay in d uni, with enough change to do big boi.... lolz...

peepz who send their wardz to this schools have their reasons...
take for instance_

a poor man who cn afford one or two square meal a day will send his child to public school,
an average man who can 3 gud square meal will send hia kid to a private school were there pay 3k to 5k per term
anoda middle class man,living well will send his kids to private school were they pay 8 to 15k per term...

now remember there are other private school were students pay 20k to 30k while some 30k and above... u cant say all d private schools are the same..heck no..quality is nt quantity... if u earn 500k to 1milla, will u send ur kids to a school were d fees is 20k..naaaah..u will snd dem to mayb a school were they pay 70 to 100k cus u believe the lesser one is inferior....

so forget the amount peepz pay for their wards in some schools cus haterz gonna hate

make i add ma own..,,,,high achiever academy... they pay 2******* #make i no talk#

24 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2014
50calibre:

Ignorance vexed me, I'm tired of people using dangote as an example or excuse. Dangote was born to a very wealthy family, he's not your average Nigerian.

I didn't bring your family into it, I only replied your sarcastic/rhetorical question with fact
So that is the best you can say ? Your mother will die of cancer

43 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by 50calibre(m): 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2014
iwonbaoko: So that is the best you can say ? Your mother will die of cancer

Lol better than dying of poverty.

59 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by wikiman(m): 3:10pm On Aug 23, 2014
....the best and most "expensive "secondary school to take children to is SCHOOL OF THE HOME....but usually too "expensive" and demanding for many Nigeria parents... who will rather sit down with laliga or EPL than to educate their kids in simple maths and physics...and some funny mothers busy with selfies and BBA while the kids brain rot...smh

41 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 23, 2014
50calibre:

Lol better than dying of poverty.

As long as the dog die who cares

30 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Futminna 2012/2013 Aspirants, Lets Meet Here. / 2014/2015 UNIBEN Postgraduate Aspirants,lets Meet Here / Secondary School Girls Caught Twerking And Grinding On Male Students & Kissing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.