Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,873 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (139731 Views)

23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. / Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by sadiq4u6173: 10:10am On Aug 24, 2014
faithugo64: most of the students there dnt study despite the huge amount they pay,they sometimes cant stand students from a community secondary school,its not about d money,the question is,at the end,which do you graduate with;a certificate or a sabificate
L MY LIFE IVE TAUGHT IN SOME OF THESE SO CALLED EXPENSIVE A-LEAGUE SCHOOLS BUT AS U HAVE SAID THEY CANNOT STAND COMPETITION FROM STUDENTS OF LOCAL OR CHEAP SCHOOLS AROUND. ITS JUST ABOUT NICE ENVIRONMENT, AESTHETIC STRUCTURES, WELL DRESSED BUT ILL MOTIVATED TEACHERS ETC
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Gozychuks(m): 10:10am On Aug 24, 2014
iwonbaoko: Which school did Dangote attend?
The question should be which school did dangotes children atttend
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by yungchop: 10:12am On Aug 24, 2014
I attended Offa Grammar School, offa. We no dey pay school fees! But before you talk shit the school has produced many eminent personalities like Justice Ayo Salami , Emir of Ilorin, Belgore , deputy gov of CBN and many more!! Even me YungChop the youngest millionaire aged 18 grin

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by wandeay: 10:16am On Aug 24, 2014
NaLaugh:

While that might not be the primary goal, i understand exactly what that person meant.

For instance, i attended a very small private school in Kano where Most of the students had last names like Dangote, Dantata, Buhari, Abacha, Kwankwaso, Kabo, Chanchangi and very many more in that league.
Haven grown up with these heirs to the throne, it makes it relatively easy to have "Access" (if you need it).

I live less than 4 miles from Harvard University, and very many who attend Harvard (or any Ivy league school) aren't there exclusively for superior education. They ARE there to network. You see, graduates from certain schools are generally the industry leaders, and if you connect with them from the start, you have future "access"

that's the point, imagine having ur kid in the same class with Dangote's youngest daughter, all you need to do is ask ur son to find a way to date the girl, and making sure he impregnates her, that's a heavy breakthrough, lol, cos abortion is a sin, hahaha

to be serious, having Dangote's youngest son as your son's classmate, whenever you take your son to school one day, you just wait for Dangote's car dropping his son as he heads to the airport, form familiarity and exchange pleasantries and business card, pta meeting is also another means to create those kind of connections.

2 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 24, 2014
But 2mil annually aint that much to me...that's 3termms right?
The kinda school I wouldn't mind putting ma kids.

Where I will skin dem alive is when they don't come back with Dangote kids phone no grin or even get a holiday IV from dem...lol... (stupid children undecided)

3 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Henrypraise: 10:16am On Aug 24, 2014
iwonbaoko: As long as the dog die who cares

Bad mouth pass bad mouth ooo, dis guy u just turned my favourite on nland, I lyk u die.... At least u don teach dis one say make him argue properly no be to de insult.

I for quote/ mention am make d tin 4 pain am.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by poiZon: 10:16am On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

You're missing the point, this isn't just about the academics, it's about the whole package.

In terms of quality, you can't compare those schools to the average Nigerian school, the environment, the teachers, the facilities, the intellectual level, the pattern of learning.... are miles ahead of Nigerian standards.

Those schools are for the creme de la creme, no wannabe thugs, no poor people & most likely no bullies. Every kid is such school comes from an upper class, there kids develop network of important friends which comes handy in life. That's why you'd notice people of an upper class belong to a certain clique, these are where those cliques are formed.

People who send their kids there are not fools, if you got the money, send your kids there.

the environs been serene yet its not tourist attraction to our politicians. hw come none of their students has invented any form of technology? not even a computer game mek i no talk of andriod o. even if na mobile app it could still be an advantage. and they dont even have one of their own as a one time president or sitting governor.
abeg na community comprehensive sure pass o.
if u wan be presido for naija enrol in community schools n ur chances of gettng to d top is sure.

3 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:17am On Aug 24, 2014
faithugo64: most of the students there dnt study despite the huge amount they pay,they sometimes cant stand students from a community secondary school,its not about d money,the question is,at the end,which do you graduate with;a certificate or a sabificate

Consolatory speech.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by anikemoses(m): 10:18am On Aug 24, 2014
holar2ge:

Laural or Mercyland College

Day waterman along Abeokuta express way
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 24, 2014
nigerianvenom:

see u! u that attended the best school should be all knowing,dont u think so?rather than asking what someone could do with 1 billion naira.or have u heard even a spare part seller asking people to do with even 500,000 naira?
u forgot that the ability to achieve success is deep rooted in u and not all those glorified feeding schools that impact nothing into a child's brain.
for ur info,innoson didnt attend the best of schools but u and me know where he ia rit now.

angry angry angry angry angry angry

Most people do have the ability to achieve success, the problem comes when they are unable to achieve it thanks to man made barriers like lack of motivation.

I was in a camp where I interacted with students form community schools, Interpersonally I realised that were more intelligent than their average counterparts in school yet dull where formal education is concerned. If they had been opportune to school in a good learning environment, heaven knows what they would achieve. Right now, their intelligence and achievements have been limited due to a number of factors beyond their scope.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by ElFenomeno1: 10:18am On Aug 24, 2014
NaLaugh:

While that might not be the primary goal, i understand exactly what that person meant.

For instance, i attended a very small private school in Kano where Most of the students had last names like Dangote, Dantata, Buhari, Abacha, Kwankwaso, Kabo, Chanchangi and very many more in that league.
Haven grown up with these heirs to the throne, it makes it relatively easy to have "Access" (if you need it).

I live less than 4 miles from Harvard University, and very many who attend Harvard (or any Ivy league school) aren't there exclusively for superior education. They ARE there to network. You see, graduates from certain schools are generally the industry leaders, and if you connect with them from the start, you have future "access"

I understand your point but i just wanted to point out that the quality of education on offer weighs a lot.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by caniva(m): 10:19am On Aug 24, 2014
Kzinne: don't agree with you. what community secondary schools are you talking about? those street schools in lagos where hooligans come to for free education. where the teachers are paid very ridiculous sums as salaries. these private schools are way better. the only schools in nigeria that can beat them are the Kings Colleges, Queens colleges, and [b][/b]the first generation FGCs (federal government colleges- sagamu, ijaniki, odogbolu, enugu, ilorin). apart from these schools, sorry you are on a very long thing

hey! Why you no mention my school, Model College Meiran. I dey vex Ooooo. Pls modify your post immediately
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 24, 2014
apart from these schools, sorry you are on a very long thing[/quote]

What do you mean?
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by iamord(m): 10:22am On Aug 24, 2014
All this bread and butter schools.. Na only fine girls and gbolor boys them get to show for

Floreat Collegium

Kings College

For life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by ekoboy: 10:22am On Aug 24, 2014
By the way, why does Moet champagne cost btw 10 - 15k while Cook, Andre and others btw 1-1.5k. Infact coming down why is 38 export lager cheaper than Star which in turn is cheaper than Heineken when they are manufactured by same company and sometimes in same factory and best of all tastes the same.

Answer: Class differentiation

Conclusion: Some schools must therefore cost more than others. No be because them better. Uto

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Chigold101(m): 10:25am On Aug 24, 2014
HarrveySpecter:
It's mostly for networking. Just like people that school in Harvard.
no dont compare them with harvard cos before u get admitted into harvard ur brain must be working.

Now where are the students that graduated from these schools? What impact are they making in our society? This is where i have a problem

4 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by akereconfi: 10:25am On Aug 24, 2014
Those hating on those schools.......go to your village secondary school and get an opportunity to study in Britain. Naa there you go know say there was a difference between the both secondary school

2 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Eddibloc(m): 10:31am On Aug 24, 2014
Abeg eee..all those glorified secondary schools dnt get to determine ur success in life joor! You are what you make yourselves to be in future. Sometimes,even wif d connectns n all no level..gringrin. It all depends on ur determination and God's multiplication and nt necessary ur certification.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by ElziLaz(m): 10:36am On Aug 24, 2014
since education is the greatest legacy any parent can give their children, if the money is available, let's go there.

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by InjoyLogistics: 10:38am On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

You're missing the point, this isn't just about the academics, it's about the whole package.

In terms of quality, you can't compare those schools to the average Nigerian school, the environment, the teachers, the facilities, the intellectual level, the pattern of learning.... are miles ahead of Nigerian standards.

Those schools are for the creme de la creme, no wannabe thugs, no poor people & most likely no bullies. Every kid is such school comes from an upper class, there kids develop network of important friends which comes handy in life. That's why you'd notice people of an upper class belong to a certain clique, these are where those cliques are formed.

People who send their kids there are not fools, if you got the money, send your kids there.

sir, i am not doubting that.
but if you see the harm most of these schools were causing these children during examinations
i visited a school sometimes 2 years ago during the waec examination. Saw these children with textbooks in their dinning hall writing exam live. Copying from textbooks. If i lied let God punish me for that. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by holar2ge(m): 10:43am On Aug 24, 2014
it seems i know that skul
anikemoses:

Day waterman along Abeokuta express way
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by geophyscist: 10:43am On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

Lol better than dying of poverty.

50 calibre who do you think you are,you don't know that riches is from God.how much do you think you have ,educated illiterate
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by upko: 10:46am On Aug 24, 2014
undecided [size=60]Crap!!!! Take your child/ward to any AirForce Secondary School.....Your child still gets a far better standard education and the network....Plus your child would end up being street smart and book smart.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 24, 2014
wandeay:

ur school or education does not determine the amount of achievement you can have, only that education can contribute to success, besides, Ojukwu achieved alot, get to know more about him. And do you know that he was a highly skilled multi-linguist, Eton and travelling around the world must have contributed to that etc

The fact is, those schools does not only charge you for academics but also for other aspects of educational curriculum, sports, annual local and foreign excursion, foreign languages, exposure, equipped library, modern facility laboratories, intellectual, A-level certificate, etc It's left for the child to take advantage of this and utilize it. Also, the students that attend such schools are not concerned about success anymore because, they are already successful, only they may want to be more successful. Most of them will not be power-egocentric and may not even reside or attend universities in Nigeria. All fingers are not equal.

I witnessed an excursion to a university sometimes ago where student from JSS classes from a renowned private school, are allowed to handle electron microscope, to my greatest surprise, they performed a quick experiment and came out with excellent results without being assisted by anyone, whereby, there are some university students who are in biological sciences who can't handle a hand lens. One thing is sure, the wil always be a big difference, those schools determines your class in the society.
cheers..
Ojukwu did not attend Eton.The issue of his achievements at least from an educational perspective is debatable compared to his peers. Gowon was Younger or similar age and arguably achieved more. I don't see how we can attribute any of "Ojukwu's achievements" to the schools he attended. He is noted for his military career and the events that went with that.
I think we really need to distinguish between correlation and causation. To say schools ; schools determines your class in the society is to miss the point.
Pause for a minute and substitute the word school for church. Now visit some of the churches attended by the rich and then say the "church you attend "determines your class in the society" others would argue it is the other way round . I guest most people would see the absurdity (maybe not) in claiming that God answers those who attend a certain church more than others. Again if we extend this to Muslims and Christians we may observe some patterns but to then claim such and such is happening because you are Muslim or Christian is equally absurd.
Many factors are involved. When I was a kid if your parents were top teachers/lecturers you tended to do much better even if they were not wealthy and you went to ordinary schools so to my mind social background is the more important determinant. Parents who spend more time personally educating their kids get more out of them and by educating I also refer to professional training e.g football,boxing music ad other things like interpersonal skills,etiquette etc. Money cannot by attitude Just imagine that animal on this thread who goes around insulting people. One can deduce the quality of parenting he had just by observing that and no amount of money can change that
Speaking several languages is more likely if you live in different places than if you attend posh schools. I am not sure that Ojukwu travelled around the world. He spoke Nigerian languages by virtue of travelling around Nigeria. You will find this is a common trait of police,Customs and military children from poorer backgrounds than Ojukwu's simply because of moving around. Most people in the North speak Hausa and if you are a southerner that is two already at least. On the other hand I know several Yoruba kids in Lagos attending these schools who cannot read or write in Yoruba .

6 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Adiwana: 10:50am On Aug 24, 2014
redcliff:

Which private school collects 20-30k per term? Any private school tgat collects less than 120k per term na bullszhit scul wannabe.
dude get ur facts b4 u talk wetin u no knw..i went to University of Nigeria Secondary school Enugu&we paid 50k..the schl was the best in waec in my State and was 3rd all over Nigeria.last yr the schl had the best student in Neco..this yr,a student got 9as in waec.chek COWBELL maths competitons&See the schl who has been topping charts....get ur facts rite b4 u type..Thanks.to back up my points,here http://www.punchng.com/education/boy-15-wins-national-mathematics-contest/

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 24, 2014
upko: Crap!!!! Take your child/ward to any AirForce Secondary School.....Your child still gets a far better standard education and the network....Plus your child would end up being street smart and book smart.
That used to be the case many years ago.I don't know if it still is. But those schools were elite schools and not available for the common man besides how many are they compared to demand
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Akalia(m): 10:59am On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

Hungry man!! You're not Dangote, (most people cannot and will not be Dangote) Dangote's Uncle was once the richest man in west Africa, who is the richest person in your family history?

Stop consoling yourself for your substandard education & face reality, work hard so you can afford your kids the luxury your parents couldn't afford you.
a hungry man you are relatively, actually. Hungry man talk to hungry with refference to your reply which I happen to be quoting. Learn to be modest,ok?

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Maser: 11:00am On Aug 24, 2014
another fool covering up his intellectual disability with abusive language against a valid question. #Hiss. #AlreadyPassedYouBy. #ReadingNextSensibleComment
50calibre:

Hungry man!! You're not Dangote, (most people cannot and will not be Dangote) Dangote's Uncle was once the richest man in west Africa, who is the richest person in your family history?

Stop consoling yourself for your substandard education & face reality, work hard so you can afford your kids the luxury your parents couldn't afford you.

3 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by billyoung: 11:02am On Aug 24, 2014
Don't forget Shekinah Glory Int'l Christian Academy. Tuition: 15,000 yearly. The school was formerly in Jos but was shut down to reopen in Abuja and Lagos. The school runs both American and Nigerian curriculum - not for average students.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by geophyscist: 11:05am On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

50calibre i am very sure that you are not richer than me.i dont like boasting with people wealth but my father is a chieftain in pdp and i am schooling in a federal university where they pay as low as 30000 naira.my father often say that education is necessary but not compulsory to determine your success in life.

3 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by itstpia1: 11:13am On Aug 24, 2014
Godanya: It is good to know that such Schools exist in Nigeria. Those who can afford them are free to do exploit. After all there are many stupendously rich guys who are looking for avenues to spend their money. This is just one of them. Everybody with their level. No grudges, no bad feelings. Life is just like that.

Don't know why some folks are always hating as if that will change the fact that people should spend their money whichever way they see fit?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Futminna 2012/2013 Aspirants, Lets Meet Here. / 2014/2015 UNIBEN Postgraduate Aspirants,lets Meet Here / Secondary School Girls Caught Twerking And Grinding On Male Students & Kissing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.