Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple (2199 Views)

My Colleague And I Are Sleeping With The Same Girl - Should I Tell Him? / Help!!my Friend And I Are Addicted To Having Sex With Prostitutes, / Help Help! My Boyfriend And I Are In Danger Of Committing Serious Fornication! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by emiemi(f): 6:01pm On Oct 23, 2008
Help! Me And My Husband Are Turning E-couple

This internet sure have its disadvantages o! I remember when me and my husband were dating (before internet cafes boom in naija). He used to talk to me, hold my hands, stay with me while I cook and we share jokes and have a good laff. Things are completely different and it's seriously giving me concern. My hubby is so much addicted to his computer (with internet access at work and sometimes connected at home (if multilinks network is good)) that he hardly wants to sit down and talk with me. Sometimes, if i have any issue that i need to raise, I chat with him because he is always logged onto his messenger. I asked him an honest question whether what we r becoming is e-couple or are we for real? please my dear nairalanders, how can I resolve this, what can I do? I honestly have tried a lot of talks, conversations and discussions. HELP!!!
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by emiemi(f): 6:02pm On Oct 23, 2008
It shd be My husband and I abi? ok, I correct my english
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by kokoye(m): 6:06pm On Oct 23, 2008
Three things:

1. Pray that NEPA lives up to their name so there's is no electricity by the time he gets home at night.

2. Sabotage the generator so it does not work until YOU want it to.

3. Run his laptop battery down while he's eating so it aont be available for him to use later on.

He'll get the message. Goodluck.
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by 1Bishop(m): 6:09pm On Oct 23, 2008
YOUR HUSBAND OR YOUR BOYFRIEND?

if he is your husband, then I assume you live in the same house and sleep on the same bed. Make his head turn with ur , em , em , em

if he is your boyfriend, since he has a good job, get him to the altar sharp! sharp!!

I'm talking from experience.
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by Seun(m): 6:12pm On Oct 23, 2008
Nagging only makes hanging out with you less attractive. You need to tempt him. Be a woman!
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by Seun(m): 6:22pm On Oct 23, 2008
kokoye:

Three things:

1. Pray that NEPA lives up to their name so there's is no electricity by the time he gets home at night.

2. Sabotage the generator so it does not work until YOU want it to.

3. Run his laptop battery down while he's eating so it aont be available for him to use later on.

He'll get the message. Goodluck.

The only message that will send is "I'm a wicked witch and you should never have married me".
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by arramyjay: 6:28pm On Oct 23, 2008
U are probably have issues you are yet to resolve that is why he turned to the internet as an alternative option.I think you should talk to him.
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by foye57(m): 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2008
shegirl71:

U are probably have issues you are yet to resolve that is why he turned to the internet as an alternative option.I think you should talk to him.
i agree with u shegirl.
@poste
U really need to sit him down and hav a heart to heart talk prob in the early wakin hours.all the best dear.
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by webman(m): 7:28pm On Oct 23, 2008
Red Alert! Go for war in lraq and share your experience when you come back, Honestly speaking, you need to break the computer and burn the multilinks cable and the phone , Internet is really romancing with your hubby and before you say MY LORD IS MY GUIDE, you must have found your so-called in England or Austin remarrying , Bet me , internet is bad for spouses cuz of eCheating , l ve been on the INTERNET FOR GOOD 7 YEARS AND I KNOW WHAT SAYING TO YOU , DONT SLEEP AND LET ONLINE ROCK YOUR HOME ,
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by webman(m): 7:31pm On Oct 23, 2008
Red Alert!

Go for war in lraq and share your experience when you come back.Honestly  speaking, you  need  to break  the computer and  burn the multilinks cable  and  the phone , Internet is really  romancing  with your  hubby and   before you say MY LORD IS  MY GUIDE, you must  have found your  so-called hubby  in  England or  Austin remarrying , Bet  me ,  internet is  bad  for spouses cuz  of eCheating , l  ve  been on  the INTERNET  FOR GOOD 7 YEARS AND  I KNOW WHAT  SAYING TO YOU , DONT SLEEP AND  LET  ONLINE ROCK YOUR  HOME ,
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by Nautillus(m): 7:33pm On Oct 23, 2008
Seun:

Nagging only makes hanging out with you less attractive. You need to tempt him. Be a woman!

Spot on Seun . . .My thoughts precisely . . . .TURN on the CHARM . . .WOMAN VS MACHINE . . .some liquid seduction will definitely change his mind.
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by biolabee(m): 10:20pm On Oct 23, 2008
@emiemin

this is really an intriguing read. two qs
1. i'd like to ask is are you living in the same house.
2. what kind of work is ur hubby into as in is he an online bizman.
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by congoshine(m): 10:27pm On Oct 23, 2008
The way unmarried peeps with little experience with relationships ,give advice to married people can be disturbing at times.

Just my 2 cents !!
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by MrCrackles(m): 10:30pm On Oct 23, 2008
E-couple?!

chei, the thing wey "E-" go turn this world to, i no know!!
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by tope2000(f): 10:42pm On Oct 23, 2008
Hmmm. . . . i kinda know what you mean and i suggest you talk to him. let him know how u feel undecided
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by MissyB1(m): 10:45pm On Oct 23, 2008
congoshine:

The way unmarried peeps with little experience with relationships ,give advice to married people can be disturbing at times.

Just my 2 cents !!
I'm with you . . . . [s]Plus the ones wey dey claim marriage sef.[/s] cheesy
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by LadyT(f): 11:18pm On Oct 23, 2008
Hes probably flirting online! Or some other nonsense

I think you should mention it to him and how it upsets you.

Men are difficult at the end of the day he will do what he wants no matter what you say. You need to bind your time. As soon as you tell him you are not happy just wait.
Ignore him even if he trys to make conversation ask him not to waste his time and jump on his laptop time is going. He will be gobsmacked and then claim you are talking nonsense but secretly he will know he has upset you.

angry
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by Andala: 3:12am On Oct 24, 2008
congoshine:

Just my 2 cents !!

ROTFLMFAO,This is funny
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by A40(m): 3:42am On Oct 24, 2008
Lol i am not married and i ain't planning on doing so anytime soon but it is either the woman is not doing her bit to keep the man interested or he is simply playing an extra-marital match on the internet.I would advice the woman to make her feelings known to the man Communication is vital
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by emiemi(f): 8:49am On Oct 24, 2008
Thank you peeps for all your suggestions.
@Seun
I dey try my best but it seems my best isn't enuff. i'll continue trying sha
@biolabee
yes, we live together and he is an IT person
@tope2000, shegirl 71
I have tried severally to communicate my displeasure to him but to no avail.
@kokoye
i can't do those things you advised, i'm not such a person. I believe in communication and understanding
@webman
that's why i brought the matter here o. i don't know what else to do
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by emiemi(f): 8:53am On Oct 24, 2008
Maybe i shd provide more info.
we have a baby girl and i have 2 relatives staying with me presently plus the housekeeper. i am thinking of letting go the relatives and see how this could affect us
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by spikedcylinder: 9:03am On Oct 24, 2008
I don't think this has anything to do with your relatives. What if you let them go and he withdraws further away from you? That way you haven't solved your problem and your relatives would loathe you.

I have a question though: What exactly does he do online? Business or leisure? You need to be sure of this before you know what to do.
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by vinchecks: 9:07am On Oct 24, 2008
congoshine:

Just my 2 cents !!

Exactly,

Nautillus:

Spot on Seun . . .My thoughts precisely . . . .TURN on the CHARM . . .WOMAN VS MACHINE . . .some liquid seduction will definitely change his mind.

Perfect Idea
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by emiemi(f): 10:41am On Oct 24, 2008
spikedcylinder:

I don't think this has anything to do with your relatives. What if you let them go and he withdraws further away from you? That way you haven't solved your problem and your relatives would loathe you.

I have a question though: What exactly does he do online? Business or leisure? You need to be sure of this before you know what to do.
well, he's an IT person involved in a lot of web applications, websites mgt etc. Although he chats a lot, play online games etc. that's d most i've seen him do on his system.
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by Gamine(f): 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2008
Whats wrong in chatting with him or playin these online games together?
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by emiemi(f): 2:05pm On Oct 24, 2008
Gamine:

Whats wrong in chatting with him or playin these online games together?
That's why i asked whether we are tending towards E-couple ness i.e. chatting about serious issues instead of spending time to talk about it and grow our intimacy. As per the games, i sometimes do with him but after spending some few hours doing that, i get tired.
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by spikedcylinder: 2:08pm On Oct 24, 2008
Another question I have is; do you work full time? I mean, is this time spent by your husband on the computer the only time you both can spare to share together?
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by JJYOU: 2:27pm On Oct 24, 2008
good you know something is iffy about this. if there is one medicine i would like to give nigerians it is one that would make us leave young couples alone without crowding their houses and relationships.
we now have phones so dont need to be in peoples lives as before. let alone go and stay

having got that out of my mind, i would recommend you ask yourself how you 2 of your people got there. was he happy about this? is he happy now? put yourself in his position i.e having 2 of your in-laws with you at home
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by rubi(f): 2:33pm On Oct 24, 2008
JJYOU:

if there is one medicine i would like to give nigerians it is one that would make us leave young couples alone without crowding their houses and relationships.
we now have phones so don't need to be in peoples lives as before. let alone go and stay

You nailed it!!!!!!!!
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by Gamine(f): 2:40pm On Oct 24, 2008
@Emiemi

I see where you are coming from.

But Your Husband cannot stop being a PC person,

its best to go with his flow o.

I feel you are worrying too much about it.

Maybe Your relatives have a part to play, send em away or something

And the way you are presenting it, its like your husband dosnt move from that computer

it conjures up this image in my mind
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by emiemi(f): 5:12pm On Oct 24, 2008
@spikedcylinder
yes 9-5.
@gamine
the image is not too far from reality. What bothers me is that since he's an IT person and all he does at work is computer, why come home and still EVEN put on the computer. If it's not premiership matches on dstv then definitely it will be laptop. No time to spare for me or the kid.
Per the relatives issue, i made the mistake of taking them in too early in my life and now I have to say no more. i want to see if it will help matters ( I actually do think it will).
Re: My Husband And I Are Becoming An E-Couple by spikedcylinder: 5:26pm On Oct 24, 2008
Ok then.

Sorry about your situation but I think you need to talk to him. He might not know you feel this way. Also, find ways to lure him away from the damned machine but make sure your child is asleep o. wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

If U Found Out That Your Fiance Lie About Her Virginity What Will U Do. / Modern Issues And Modern Women. / She Said "Woo Me Again"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.