Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,250 members, 7,780,517 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:47 PM

When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria (1438 Views)

Nigerians Should Be Grateful That I'm Their President-president Buhari / Hillary Clinton's Potential Female Vice President? / Breaking News: Nigeria Gets Vice President: President Goodluck Jonathan Appoints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by dejt4u(m): 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2014
When are we going to have a female Vice President/President in Nigeria or even as a state governor??
Is it that we dnt have women that are capable of doing it or our old nd young men are too hungry for power.

Rise up girls nd let your voice be heard..Democracy is for all nd sundry! For rich nd d poor, for men nd women, for old nd young, for elite nd masses, and it is for boys and girls..

I need your opinion on this.
Mature comments only pls
tags: PaulJohn1, musiwa94, Tolexander, all ladies in the house, and all Nairalanders!
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Orunto: 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2014
2019, IT WILL BE DAVID MARK AND OKONJO IWEALA! AMEN!
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by dejt4u(m): 5:38pm On Aug 23, 2014
Orunto: 2019, IT WILL BE DAVID MARK AND OKONJO IWEALA! AMEN!
hmmmmm...m watching oo
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by PaulJohn1: 6:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
I can't say about other regions but women in the SW have been involved in politics, might not be at the national level but very well @ state level.

We presently have three female deputy governors in the region; Lagos, Osun & Ekiti. We also had a female deputy governor under Oyinlola in Osun. The highest ranked house of rep member in SW is a woman, Mulikat Adeola from Oyo state. I think the present house of assembly speaker in Oyo state is also a woman. We had Eteh a woman from Osun as the speaker of the house of assemble under Obj. So...I think the SW women have been participating impressively in politics.
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
We had female Speaker Patricia Etteh, she lavished N600m for house renovation

We had a Female Minister Princess Stealer Odua that lavished N260m just for 2 cars.

We have a Female Petroleum Minister Dizieni Maduekwe that is engulfed with corruption scandals running into billions.

We have Female Finance Minister Okonjo Iwaela that is busy posting "imaginery" economic growth and figures.

We had a female First lady Turai Yar adua that held the country to ransome.

We have a Female SEC D-G Aruma Etteh that spent a whopping 80m just for hotel bills in 6months

Our problem is not gender politics. We need real leaders.

Op: Misplaced priority for you

5 Likes

Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by suwailad(f): 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2014
dejt4u: When are we going to have a female Vice President/President in Nigeria or even as a state governor??
Is it that we dnt have women that are capable of doing it or our old nd young men are too hungry for power.

Rise up girls nd let your voice be heard..Democracy is for all nd sundry! For rich nd d poor, for men nd women, for old nd young, for elite nd masses, and it is for boys and girls..

I need your opinion on this.
Mature comments only pls
tags: PaulJohn1, musiwa94, Tolexander, all ladies in the house, and all Nairalanders!

Please stop, Women are the most corrupt in government, Their corruption is second to none since they use pussypower to get their way.

1 Like

Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by dejt4u(m): 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2014
barcanista:
misplaced priority?? I think you are very wrong.. You accused so many people unjustly..
Being d fact dat some women in politics are corrupt doesnt make all of them corrupt.. Corruption is infact a general problem in this country nd it has nothing to do with gender..

All what i'm saying here is that those with good plans nd good heart shld be given chance in naija polity.
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by dejt4u(m): 6:50pm On Aug 23, 2014
suwailad:

Please stop, Women are the most corrupt in government, Their corruption is second to none since they use pussypower to get their way.
you are saying that just becos they are nt as smart in corruption as their male counterparts thereby making it easy for the masses to detect their fraudulent acts.. So i beg to disagree wit ur point sir
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by dejt4u(m): 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2014
PaulJohn1: I can't say about other regions but women in the SW have been involved in politics, might not be at the national level but very well @ state level.

We presently have three female deputy governors in the region; Lagos, Osun & Ekiti. We also had a female deputy governor under Oyinlola in Osun. The highest ranked house of rep member in SW is a woman, Mulikat Adeola from Oyo state. I think the present house of assembly speaker in Oyo state is also a woman. We had Eteh a woman from Osun as the speaker of the house of assemble under Obj. So...I think the SW women have been participating impressively in politics.
yeah...women activities in politics in s/west has been encouraging so far since d last republic.. Their impacts has been so fantastic
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by suwailad(f): 6:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
dejt4u:
So i beg to disagree wit ur point sir

what the phuck! i'm not androgynous or a transvetite! angry
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by dejt4u(m): 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2014
suwailad:

sorry ma'am..jst checking ur out ur gender now..
m truly sorry
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2014
Hope it never happens.. Can't stand the sh.a.me.... It will never come to pass... Never!!!
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Alexcollins(m): 7:17pm On Aug 23, 2014
I don't see dat happening in 20years. Unless d GEJ scenario plays out for one of dem.
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 23, 2014
Sentiment is a major impediment to the progress of this country. Must we have a female V.P?

Why should we be sentimental and elect a female mediocre when there are men available who will perform better?

If a woman should be the V.P, she should be elected based solely on merit along-side the chief aspirant.
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by mike404(m): 8:34pm On Aug 23, 2014
barcanista: We had female Speaker Patricia Etteh, she lavished N600m for house renovation

We had a Female Minister Princess Stealer Odua that lavished N260m just for 2 cars.

We have a Female Petroleum Minister Dizieni Maduekwe that is engulfed with corruption scandals running into billions.

We have Female Finance Minister Okonjo Iwaela that is busy posting "imaginery" economic growth and figures.

We have a Female SEC D-G Aruma Etteh that spent a whopping 80m just for hotel bills in 6months

SO THE ONLY PERSON ON YOUR MIND IS THE MAN WITHOUT SIN, PROPHET OF ISLAM (BUHARI) PISS AND POO BE UPON HIM
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Drniyi4u(m): 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2014
suwailad:

Lol
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by sopoundz(m): 9:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
We should v our first female governor in bou 30 years tym n for the presidency? Probably 300years
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by sarmiie(m): 10:01pm On Aug 23, 2014
The possibility of having an elected female president is nigeria in the next 20 yrs is low..

We live in a patriatrical society, after all..
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Tolexander: 10:12pm On Aug 23, 2014
There is a place of potential and there is also a place of passion.

If a man has a potential but not passionate on a task, he may end up not getting it done. Nobody dares forcing him, else it ends up a distaster. 'A kii fi agidi do oko ti ko le' (person on dey force herself fork d1ck wey no hard).

I believe we've got 'Joans of arc' among our women that have got the vision to lead the fight against the challenges climaxing while masturbating this country day and night. Many of these women have/had been tested and performed excellent in their assigned task.

Many of them have headed port folios and made running mates to the governors. Looking at the governors with feminine deputies, their political relationship have been wonderful. We all saw how Fayemi of Ekiti reacted to his Deputy's death. Oyinlola/Obada relationship was superb throughout their tenure, same as Aregbesola and his deputy. Very few clashes have only been recorded in this kind of political relationships, unlike the male-male gubernatorial office holders. Is the success due to their incapability? No, but due to the understanding they have.

The problem we have with them now is having them stand up from being relegated to the back seat like mosque settings and fight for these positions.
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by dejt4u(m): 10:19pm On Aug 23, 2014
Tolexander: There is a place of potential and there is also a place of passion.

If a man has a potential but not passionate on a task, he may end up not getting it done. Nobody dares forcing him, else it ends up a distaster. 'A kii fi agidi do oko ti ko le' (person on dey force herself fork d1ck wey no hard).

I believe we've got 'Joan of arc' among our women that have got the vision to lead the fight against the challenges climaxing while masturbating this country day and night. Many of these women have/had been tested and performed excellent in their assigned task.

Many of them have headed port folios and made running mates to the governors. Looking at the governors with feminine deputies, their political relationship have been wonderful. We all saw how Fayemi of Ekiti reacted to his Deputy's death. Oyinlola/Obada relationship was superb throughout their tenure same as Aregbesola and his deputy. Very few clashes have only be recorded in this kind of political relationships, unlike the male-male gubernatorial office holders. Is the success due to their incapability? No, but due to the understanding they have.

The problem we have with them now is having them stand up from being relegated to the back seat like mosque settings and fight for these positions.

nice one bro..
Tolexander: 'A kii fi agidi do oko ti ko le' (person on dey force herself fork d1ck wey no hard).
funny you..lolz
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Tolexander: 10:23pm On Aug 23, 2014
dejt4u:
nice one bro..
funny you..lolz
thanks!

You've got to debate on this topic?
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Tolexander: 10:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
barcanista: We had female Speaker Patricia Etteh, she lavished N600m for house renovation

bro, this examples you are citing aren't perfect along the line of debate. Only perfect when discussing the Presidential office alone not including the vice presidency.

These women you mentioned were/are head of their assigned duties, not deputies. The feminine deputy governors are perfect examples of what to envisage having female vice president. So far, their roles as deputies have been excellent.
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by curiouses: 10:35pm On Aug 23, 2014
The question I think should be when will our women stop fiddling. When will they start thinking high of themselves. Anyway as one poster rightly stated, It's happening already in SW, It's going happen one day when our women start thinking that there's more to womanhood than kitchen and house chores.

1 Like

Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Tolexander: 10:43pm On Aug 23, 2014
suwailad:

we are all corrupt. Only that our females are weak and not smart enough to bail themselves out like their male counterparts.

Was Femi Fani Kayode not as corrupt as stella Oduah if not more.

Very interesting these scandals these females are trapped in were exposed by men.
Male Chauvinism?
I supposed cos i'm now sure!
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Brahms(m): 11:07pm On Aug 23, 2014

You always make your points with facts, which is hard to counter.

Good one brother.
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by curiouses: 11:45pm On Aug 23, 2014
Tolexander:
Male Chauvinism?
I supposed cos i'm now sure!
How sure are you? Ever heard of the saying that what men can do women can do better. Women if given chance would do unthinkable. The fact women caught in sham act get exposed by men is no way chauvinism.
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 23, 2014
Orunto: 2019, IT WILL BE DAVID MARK AND OKONJO IWEALA! AMEN!
Orunto , what a moniker .... Like OruntoSheeettttYearn !!

Female vice president is possible in the present future but only PDP is capable of producing such and win as for now ... I can't predict 2019 cuz Politics is a game of today !!

All PDP machineries can become APC's before 2019 grin
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 23, 2014

precisely stated with facts !!
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Tolexander: 11:55pm On Aug 23, 2014
curiouses:
How sure are you? Ever heard of the saying that what men can do women can do better. Women if given chance would do unthinkable. The fact women caught in sham act get exposed by men is no way chauvinism.
you didn't get my post right.

I asked if male chauvinsm is the reason why the scandals which the females are trapped in are always being 'strongly' exposed by men. Stella Oduah and Foluke Etteh are examples.
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by curiouses: 12:16am On Aug 24, 2014
Tolexander: you didn't get my post right.

I asked if male chauvinsm is the reason why the scandals which the females are trapped in are always being 'strongly' exposed by men. Stella Oduah and Foluke Etteh are examples.
My bad! Nope, it isn't male chauvinism, it is because women steal in an unimaginable manner. A manner that scares corruption itself. Imagine what Etteh did between June 2007 – October 2007.
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Tolexander: 12:29am On Aug 24, 2014
curiouses:
My bad! Nope, it isn't male chauvinism, it is because women steal in an unimaginable manner. A manner that scares corruption itself. Imagine what Etteh did between June 2007 – October 2007.
like i said, the women are just not as smart as men when it comes to executing and managing the scandals. They all have skeletons in their cupboards.

Dimeji Bankole, her successor, also had his scandals. Even worse than that of Etteh.

2 Likes

Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 24, 2014
Tolexander: bro, this examples you are citing aren't perfect along the line of debate. Only perfect when discussing the Presidential office alone not including the vice presidency.

These women you mentioned were/are head of their assigned duties, not deputies. The feminine deputy governors are perfect examples of what to envisage having female vice president. So far, their roles as deputies have been excellent.
we had a Dep. Gov Virgina Etiaba of Anambra State who succEeded her boss Peter Obi after his illegal impeachmentand started sharing the state resources to government officials at will. She was nicknamed "Mother Chrismas". Bros a Vice/Deputy is supposed to be in same class with the Principal interms of service and governance. That we had a slowpoke in 2007 (Jonathan) as vice and our present redundant dimwit of a VP. Sambo does not mean that VP position is not for the smart and intelligent. Whoever wants to occupy a office should sell his/herself without bringing d gender card. I will NOT vote any candidate in the name of gender, ethnic, tribal or religious parameters. Your antecedents and blueprint should determine 4 you.
The gender card is a Misplaced Priority.

#barcanista

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Doctor's Strike Is Over / Let's Discuss Nnamdi Azikiwe / Buhari Lied About His Pension Claims..fed. Ministry Of Finance(details Released)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.