Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

10 Gross Things About Smoking Cigarettes - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Gross Things About Smoking Cigarettes (2900 Views)

What Are The Beneifts Of Smoking Cigarettes? / 10 Gross Things About Smoking Cigarettes / Gross Stuff About Smoking Cigarettes - 10 Gross Things To Help You Quit Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Gross Things About Smoking Cigarettes by mikeajoks: 6:42pm On Oct 23, 2008
1. Black lungs. It has to be number one right. Everyone's seen those pictures of what smoking does to your lungs. It's nasty. Of course, it's hard for you to think of your lungs actually looking like that, but they do. Or at least they're getting there.

2. Gum disease. Gum disease is totally nasty. Your gums turn red and bleeding, or sometimes even black. And that's something that people can see.

3. Teeth stains. Yet another thing that people can see. Smoking turns your teeth yellow. It also leaves dark brown tar spots on some people. Both of my parents are smokers and they're too embarrassed to show their teeth when they smile. They just do one of those fake tight-lipped smiles.

4. The smell. You think you don't smell, but you do. Other smokers may not notice it that much, but non-smokers certainly do. My husband still smokes and sometimes he tries to get all snuggly with me right after a cigarette. He reeks. It's nasty.

5. Cancer. This is a horrible way to die. My grandmother died of lung cancer and it was really hard to watch her waste away. She was a tiny lady, but she was always so strong and feisty, so it was especially difficult to see her looking so small in her hospital bed.

6. Premature wrinkling. Ever noticed how heavy smokers tend to look older than they actually are? This is from smoking. It causes wrinkles.

7. Phlegm. If you're a smoker, you probably cough a lot. And a lot of the time (particularly morning), you get a big nasty phlegm ball. This is not sexy. And even if you go to the bathroom to get it up and spit it out, people can still hear you doing it.

for details; visit

http://myhealthandfitnesstips..com
http://motivationaltutors..com
Re: 10 Gross Things About Smoking Cigarettes by anz0002: 10:22am On Apr 25, 2012
This is the reason I often advice people to use electronic cigarettes instead of the real ones. At least that will save them from any harmful effects and one can easily quit smoking. However I would like to add that I really appreciate this post.
Re: 10 Gross Things About Smoking Cigarettes by highland(m): 10:40am On Apr 25, 2012
Pine pollen tea is the way out to detoxify and cleanse off the toxic impart of smoking and alchoholic.
Re: 10 Gross Things About Smoking Cigarettes by anz0002: 1:45pm On May 21, 2012
One of the most common issues with smoking is Smoker's Cough. Initially most of the smokers ignore it but in the later cases it can develop into serious issues including throat cancer.

(1) (Reply)

Free Std Test Centers / Natural Method Of Weight Loss And Flat Belly / Natural Ways For Getting Flat Tummy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.