Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread (5535 Views)

We’re Going Bankrupt, Non-oil Exporters Cry Out / 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria / PART 1: NIGERIAN OIL INDUSTRY AND FUEL SUBSIDY: FACTS, MYTHS & HIDDEN TRUTH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by shizzleStar: 7:26pm On Aug 23, 2014
omenka: My brother, that Benue thingy is a huge falacy oo!!! Yes, they produce a lot, but not as much as outsiders think. Go to the State (or if u live there) and see the truckload of foodstuffs that enter that state from Nassarawa axis weekly!!!
saying its fallacy is unfair and not true, why do you think they are called 'food basket if the nation'? Not saying nasarwas does not produce but not as much as Benue, that's the fact. of course you know that nasarawa was carved outta Benue and their are lots of tivs there too

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by atlwireles: 7:27pm On Aug 23, 2014
CocoaMerchant:

Uncle you can lie ooooooooo

The largest producer of Cocoa in Nigeria is Ondo State followed by Osun State

http://www.onlinenigeria.com/links/osunstateadv.asp?blurb=353

@OP

I think we we are all contributing to the development of this nation.

No one is useless.

People only come online to bullshit.

I hope this shall not turn to tribal magana shaaa.

Farmers delay cocoa export from C.Rivers on extra government levy
http://businessdayonline.com/2014/07/farmers-delay-cocoa-export-from-c-rivers-on-extra-government-levies

A disagreement over a levy imposed by the Cross Rivers state government has halted Cocoa shipments in the last week from the state.

Nigeria’s second-largest cocoa grower introduced a charge of N5,000 ($30.90) per tonne of cocoa on exporters who ship beans through ports other than the state’s Calabar seaport, which diminished its viability, a Reuters report credits a trade body as saying.

Godwin Ukwu, spokesman for the Cocoa Association of Nigeria, said on Wednesday about 500 tonnes of cocoa due for export were held over the week after the local government refused to comply with a court order that it discontinue the duty.

Taxes on exports including cocoa are usually collected by the federal government.

“The levy came into being in 2011 … but we went to court to challenge it and we got a judgment restraining the government from collecting the money,” Ukwu said, noting that shipments will resume once the levy is cancelled.

Officials from the state government were not immediately available to comment.

Cocoa exports from Cross Rivers are usually destined for Europe.

Abundant rain and sunshine in the two main cocoa areas of Ondo state and Cross Rivers last month have helped the crop but there are fears that a lack of sun may allow diseases to spread hurt bean quality.

Ukwu said the logjam could affect output this season as farmers approach the main crop with export delays. Nigeria typically produces around 250,000 tonnes every year. Official figures for 2013/2014 cocoa output have not yet been released.

Cross Rivers is the second-largest grower with annual volumes of around 60,000 tonnes, in the world’s fourth biggest cocoa producer.

The state aims to generate revenue through its seaport and compete with more established seaports in the commercial capital Lagos. Farmers said they paid around 300 million naira last year to the state government in levies.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by Ngwakwe: 7:29pm On Aug 23, 2014
@ prophetone

You mean all the rubber plantations in Arochukwu and Azumini in Abia State are in South West?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by Nosurrenda: 7:29pm On Aug 23, 2014
harde2lah:
Op, thank you for this enlightenment. I will save this thread for future reference. This shoulder make front page

You'd only make a fool of yourself if you use this as reference, except your intended audience are primary school pupils.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by meforyou1(m): 7:30pm On Aug 23, 2014
prophetone: NUMBERS DO NOT LIE

Nigeria earns N305bn from Non-Oil Export – NBS 2013

Nigeria earned about N305.1billion within the first three months of 2013, figures obtained from the National Bureau of Statistics indicate.
A breakdown of the figures highlighted under “2013 Export First Quarter” in the NBS’ report on ‘Merchandise Trade’, showed that export from natural rubber was N158.38 billion; raw cocoa beans attracted N62.198 billion; Sesame seeds, N20,76 billion; cotton yarn, N16.44 billion; and Leather products, N8.56 billion. Similarly, within the period under review, the export value of flowers and buds stood at N8.19 billion; footwear, N7.07 billion; tanned or crust hides, N5.41 billion; frozen shrimps and prawns, N4.96 billion; ginger, N4.09 billion; sacks and bags, N3.84 billion; cigarettes, N2.75 billion; and aluminum alloys, N2.54 billion.

The exports mentioned above, which are captured under the sub-heading, “2013 Export First Quarter” in the NBS report, totaled about N305 billion. However, the NBS further said, “Analysis on exports by section revealed that mineral products contributed N3,034.2billion or 87.9 percent of total exports during the quarter, followed by plastic, rubber and associated articles with N168.1billionn or 4.9 percent; and prepared foodstuffs, beverages, spirit, vinegar and tobacco with N115.2billion or 3.3 percent.

From the 2013 National Bureau of Statistics Report we can deduce;
North
Sesame seeds - N20.76 billion
Cotton yarn - N16.44 billion
Leather products - N8.56 billion.
Flowers and Buds - N8.19 billion;
Tanned or crust hides - N5.41 billion
Ginger - N4.09 billion
Sacks and Bags - N3.84 billion

N & SW
Cigarettes - N2.75 billion
footwear, N7.07 billion

SW
Natural Rubber - N158.38 billion
Raw Cocoa Beans - N62.198 billion
Frozen shrimps and prawns - N4.96 billion

The North remains the backbone of the Cement Industry in Nigeria (Dangote, Sokoto Cement, Obajana, BUA) and has seen a growth of 95.6% in the span of 8 years, beginning 2005 to 2012 according to the Nigerian Cement Industry Report 2013 and with the rapid growth forecasted for the housing sector, the figures are set to rise.

These are Non-Oil Exports. The South-South is responsible for Oil exports. Where does the East lie in the whole equation? What do they produce? Most of Ibo businessmen are traders. PAN Nigeria (owned by ASD Motors, Kaduna) have been producing luxury world-standard cars for the past 30 years, and modern luxury automobiles like the 307 and 508 before newbies like Innoson started cobbling together spare parts from China. Dangote is the King of commerce in Nigeria, paying billions in tax and employing thousands, strengthening the Nigerian economy further. The FG Survey on SME’s showed that a whopping 99% of firms are micro enterprises, and Kano State has the 2nd highest number of SME’s in the country, closely following Lagos.

I think it’s about time the Myth of the North being a parasite, especially being propounded by the REAL PARASITES themselves, is destroyed once and for all. The North contributes a lot to the Nigerian economy and is typically silent, an attribute being abused by the world renowned empty chestbeaters to distract attention from their hollow existence.

the East lies on top your conehead. Serious bafoon. Seun is supposed to give you 10 life bans because all you spilll is hate and anger against Igbos.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by atlwireles: 7:30pm On Aug 23, 2014
CocoaMerchant:

[b]Uncle you can lie ooooooooo

Before you call me any name, know it to be true and be convinced beyond the shadow of any doubt, that you are correct. I don't do propaganda, I just state facts.

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/07/farmers-delay-cocoa-export-from-c-rivers-on-extra-government-levies/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by Nosurrenda: 7:31pm On Aug 23, 2014
Ngwakwe: @ prophetone

You mean all the rubber plantations in Arochukwu and Azumini in Abia State are in South West?

Bros prophetone is an Hausa man trying to cause beef between the SE and the SW with this topic.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by omenka(m): 7:32pm On Aug 23, 2014
shizzleStar:
saying its fallacy is unfair and not true, why do you think they are called 'food basket if the nation'? Not saying nasarwas does not produce but not as much as Benue, that's the fact. of course you know that nasarawa was carved outta Benue and their are lots of give there too
Bro believe me, I've lived there, I've eaten their foods, I've dated their ladies, and I've been to their biggest towns (Gboko, Otukpo and Katsina-ala) and I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Benue has the potential of being the "food basket just" as its motto says, but IT IS NOT!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by meforyou1(m): 7:32pm On Aug 23, 2014
Ngwakwe: @ prophetone

Ngbakwe, are u answering the hate-filled tribalist rather than giving the moniker a very long time ban?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by Nosurrenda: 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
meforyou1: the East lies on top your conehead. Serious bafoon. Seun is supposed to give you 10 life bans because all you spilll is hate and anger against Igbos.

He's not Yoruba but an Hausa man.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 23, 2014
prophetone: NUMBERS DO NOT LIE

Nigeria earned about N305.1billion within the first three months of 2013, figures obtained from the National Bureau of Statistics indicate.
A breakdown of the figures highlighted under “2013 Export First Quarter” in the NBS’ report on ‘Merchandise Trade’, showed that export from natural rubber was N158.38 billion; raw cocoa beans attracted N62.198 billion; Sesame seeds, N20,76 billion; cotton yarn, N16.44 billion; and Leather products, N8.56 billion. Similarly, within the period under review, the export value of flowers and buds stood at N8.19 billion; footwear, N7.07 billion; tanned or crust hides, N5.41 billion; frozen shrimps and prawns, N4.96 billion; ginger, N4.09 billion; sacks and bags, N3.84 billion; cigarettes, N2.75 billion; and aluminum alloys, N2.54 billion.

The exports mentioned above, which are captured under the sub-heading, “2013 Export First Quarter” in the NBS report, totaled about N305 billion. However, the NBS further said, “Analysis on exports by section revealed that mineral products contributed N3,034.2billion or 87.9 percent of total exports during the quarter, followed by plastic, rubber and associated articles with N168.1billionn or 4.9 percent; and prepared foodstuffs, beverages, spirit, vinegar and tobacco with N115.2billion or 3.3 percent.

From the 2013 National Bureau of Statistics Report we can deduce;
North
Sesame seeds - N20.76 billion
Cotton yarn - N16.44 billion
Leather products - N8.56 billion.
Flowers and Buds - N8.19 billion;
Tanned or crust hides - N5.41 billion
Ginger - N4.09 billion
Sacks and Bags - N3.84 billion

N & SW
Cigarettes - N2.75 billion
footwear, N7.07 billion

SW
Natural Rubber - N158.38 billion
Raw Cocoa Beans - N62.198 billion
Frozen shrimps and prawns - N4.96 billion

The North remains the backbone of the Cement Industry in Nigeria (Dangote, Sokoto Cement, Obajana, BUA) and has seen a growth of 95.6% in the span of 8 years, beginning 2005 to 2012 according to the Nigerian Cement Industry Report 2013 and with the rapid growth forecasted for the housing sector, the figures are set to rise.

These are Non-Oil Exports. The South-South is responsible for Oil exports. Where does the East lie in the whole equation? What do they produce? Most of Ibo businessmen are traders. PAN Nigeria (owned by ASD Motors, Kaduna) have been producing luxury world-standard cars for the past 30 years, and modern luxury automobiles like the 307 and 508 before newbies like Innoson started cobbling together spare parts from China. Dangote is the King of commerce in Nigeria, paying billions in tax and employing thousands, strengthening the Nigerian economy further. The FG Survey on SME’s showed that a whopping 99% of firms are micro enterprises, and Kano State has the 2nd highest number of SME’s in the country, closely following Lagos.

I think it’s about time the Myth of the North being a parasite, especially being propounded by the REAL PARASITES themselves, is destroyed once and for all. The North contributes a lot to the Nigerian economy and is typically silent, an attribute being abused by the world renowned empty chestbeaters to distract attention from their hollow existence.

Good Job OP

Argument here has always been between the Southerners and we always bash the North maybe intentionally or otherwise.

With people like you, arewamonikers, gamji, nduchuks and others, we would have enlightening debates.

Cheers Bro.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by Collynzo14: 7:34pm On Aug 23, 2014
prophetone:

Collynzo14 you have made no point to counter the fact that the SE produces NOTHING. Your counter claims which I blew to pieces are:

1. Eastern states cultivate rubber - Yes, but not enough to be exported or contribute substantially to the National Economy

2. Anambra produces oil - Lie! Oil was only discovered, just like it was in Sokoto and Adamawa States (Chad Basin), not exploited so again, no contribution to the National Economy.

3. 80% of footwear factories are in Aba - For the twentieth time, we are talking of [b]export [/b]quality (i.e rubber and leather) shoes, and not the fake imitations coming out of Aba. Besides it makes no sense for 80% of footwear factories to be located as far away from the source of raw material (North & SW/SS) as possible.

1. How did you know that the amount of rubber produced by 4 eastern states is not enough to contribute to the national economy?
Do you chûrn out facts from your arsè?
2. The oil wells in Anambra that are undisputed are already producing oil, Imo and Abia are the 5th and 6th biggest oil producing states in Nigeria, go and chew all that.
3. I ask again, does Nigeria produce Nike, Adidas, and Armani footwears? If so where are there factories located?
Your so called ''fake'' Aba products are the ones being exported.
Go and choke on that.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by prophetone(m): 7:36pm On Aug 23, 2014
Collynzo14:
1. How did you know that the amount of rubber produced by 4 eastern states is not enough to contribute to the national economy?
Do you chûrn out facts from your arsè?
2. The oil wells in Anambra that are undisputed are already producing oil, Imo and Abia are the 5th and 6th biggest oil producing states in Nigeria, go and chew all that.
3. I ask again, does Nigeria produce Nike, Adidas, and Armani footwears? If so where are there factories located?
Your so called ''fake'' Aba products are the ones being exported.
Go and choke on that.

CocoaMerchant:

Uncle you can lie ooooooooo

[size=14pt]The largest producer of Cocoa in Nigeria is Ondo State followed by Osun State[/size]

http://www.onlinenigeria.com/links/osunstateadv.asp?blurb=353

@OP

I think we we are all contributing to the development of this nation.

No one is useless.

People only come online to bullshit.

I hope this shall not turn to tribal magana shaaa.

Thank you Sir smiley
Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 23, 2014
Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by Unemadu: 7:40pm On Aug 23, 2014
eighTHREAD: The region with enough land and agricultural ability can never suffer.

The region with brains can never suffer

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by atlwireles: 7:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
Cocoamerchant will you now withdraw your comment. Osun state is not the number 2 producer of Cocoa. Cross rivers is, with about 60,000 tonnes.I seriously doubt if Osun's production exceeds that of Edo state.

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/07/farmers-delay-cocoa-export-from-c-rivers-on-extra-government-levies/

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by Mynd44: 7:55pm On Aug 23, 2014
A thread this cool had to have the wrong title....sad.
Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by Feraz(m): 8:03pm On Aug 23, 2014
IGBOSON1:
^^^That fool wouldn't know the truth even if it came up and gave him a well deserved punch in his ignorant face! He's the true definition of pathetic!
I still don't understand why you post a topic where people are supposed to learn, yet you take out parts that suit your argument and also lie and you expect people not to react?

What of oil palm? Or is it not part of the 'export quantities' of Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 23, 2014
atlwireles: So rubber is now produced in the SW? I think the plantations owners in Edo, Delta, Bayelsa and Cross rivers state will say other wise. Also Cross rivers is the second highest producer of Cocoa after Ondo.
Rubber has been produced in sw for as long as I can remember. There are many rubber plantation scattered all around sw.
Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 23, 2014
yorubakid: Yoruba imposter,speak for yourself
An imposter calling another person imposter.
Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by Feraz(m): 8:14pm On Aug 23, 2014
saxywale:
Rubber has been produced in sw for as long as I can remember. There are many rubber plantation scattered all around sw.
While I understand that rubber has been produced in the SW for long, he told a lie in his original post and someone posted a link from the Rubber Research Institute showing the stayed that produce rubber of which he lumped as a particular region.

Then again, I noticed that Abia state produces cocoa also. I wonder why their useless governor hasn't harnessed that potential like his Ebonyi counterpart is doing with rice. undecided

http://www.corporate-nigeria.com/index/agriculture/cocoa-growing.html

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by prophetone(m): 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2014
Feraz: I still don't understand why you post a topic where people are supposed to learn, yet you take out parts that suit your argument and also lie and you expect people not to react?

What of oil palm? Or is it not part of the 'export quantities' of Nigeria?

Oil palm was not part of the major export income earners for 2013 as seen in the report released by the National Bureau of Statistics.

prophetone: [size=12pt]NUMBERS DO NOT LIE

Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by hakanai(m): 8:26pm On Aug 23, 2014
yorubakid: @op,the core northerners contributes nothing in this country except terrorism. I wonder what states like yobe,borno and Adamawa contribute the union except the likes of shekau and their fellow virgin hunters.
mind you that oil is the major chief economy of Nigeria which the ss and three states from SE have in large quantities plus other Igbo areas in the SS.

As for Agriculture,the core north should stop fooling themselves cause it is the middle belt states like Benue and jos that are the food basket of the nation even the Se states like Enugu and ebonyi produces more agricultural products than core northerners.
The core northerners are the parasitic region we have in this entity called nig

lol if you dont know ask. it is so obvious you dont know what is produce in core north state as against middlebelt. Beans is mainly from the core north, lifestock cattle and sheep. thats hide and skin. is mainly north east. cereals core north exceeds the the middlebelt except for kaduna. onions is largely core north. kebbi, gombe ,borno south and bauchi. ginger like wise is north. middlebelt boost of vegetables and solid minerals. jos is mainly vegtables and acher. benue is yam. even nassarwa does more yam and solif minerals. dude go figure dont just conclude because most commodites from the core north transit the middlebelt is a middle stage enroute south markets.
Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by eaglechild: 8:28pm On Aug 23, 2014
See list of Nigerian states ranked by GDP

OP go and sleep
Rank State PPP GDP (2010;
in millions
of USD)
1 Lagos State US$74,674[3]
2 Rivers State US$21,073
3 Delta State US$16,749
4 Oyo State US$16,121
5 Imo State US$14,212
6 Kano State US$12,393
7 Edo State US$11,888
8 Akwa Ibom State US$11,179
9 Ogun State US$10,470
10 Kaduna State US$10,334
11 Cross River State US$9,292
12 Abia State US$8,687
13 Ondo State US$8,414
14 Osun State US$7,280
15 Benue State US$6,864
16 Anambra State US$6,764
17 Katsina State US$6,022
18 Niger State US$6,002
19 Borno State US$5,175
20 Plateau State US$5,154
21 Sokoto State US$4,818
22 Bauchi State US$4,713
23 Kogi State US$4,642
24 Adamawa State US$4,582
25 Enugu State US$4,396
26 Bayelsa State US$4,337
27 Zamfara State US$4,123
28 Kwara State US$3,841
29 Taraba State US$3,397
30 Kebbi State US$3,290
31 Nassarawa State US$3,022
32 Jigawa State US$2,988
33 Ekiti State US$2,848
34 Ebonyi State US$2,732
35 Gombe State US$2,501
36 Yobe State US$2,011

http://services.gov.ng/states
We can see the moribund states up north

Of the lowest ten
7 are in the north
3 in the south 1 SE and 2 SW

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by emmatok(m): 8:59pm On Aug 23, 2014
eaglechild: See list of Nigerian states ranked by GDP

OP go and sleep
in millions
of USD)
2 Rivers State US$21,073
3 Delta State US$16,749
4 Oyo State US$16,121
5 Imo State US$14,212
6 Kano State US$12,393
7 Edo State US$11,888
9 Ogun State US$10,470
12 Abia State US$8,687
13 Ondo State US$8,414
14 Osun State US$7,280
15 Benue State US$6,864
18 Niger State US$6,002
19 Borno State US$5,175
21 Sokoto State US$4,818
22 Bauchi State US$4,713
23 Kogi State US$4,642
25 Enugu State US$4,396
28 Kwara State US$3,841
29 Taraba State US$3,397
30 Kebbi State US$3,290
32 Jigawa State US$2,988
33 Ekiti State US$2,848
34 Ebonyi State US$2,732
35 Gombe State US$2,501
36 Yobe State US$2,011

Of the lowest ten
7 are in the north

The BOLDED are the top Non-oil producing states in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 23, 2014

OP go and sleep
in millions
of USD)
2 Rivers State US$21,073
3 Delta State US$16,749
4 Oyo State US$16,121
5 Imo State US$14,212
6 Kano State US$12,393
7 Edo State US$11,888
9 Ogun State US$10,470
12 Abia State US$8,687
13 Ondo State US$8,414
14 Osun State US$7,280
15 Benue State US$6,864
18 Niger State US$6,002
19 Borno State US$5,175
21 Sokoto State US$4,818
22 Bauchi State US$4,713
23 Kogi State US$4,642
25 Enugu State US$4,396
28 Kwara State US$3,841
29 Taraba State US$3,397
30 Kebbi State US$3,290
32 Jigawa State US$2,988
33 Ekiti State US$2,848
34 Ebonyi State US$2,732
35 Gombe State US$2,501
36 Yobe State US$2,011

Of the lowest ten
7 are in the north
3 in the south 1 SE and 1
SW
my
Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by yorubakid: 9:30pm On Aug 23, 2014
saxywale:
An imposter calling another person imposter.
ode,am a full blooded Yoruba man from illesha in oshogbo state. I and eggy are from the same state
Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by Feraz(m): 9:34pm On Aug 23, 2014
yorubakid: ode,am a full blooded Yoruba man from illesha in oshogbo state. I and eggy are from the same state
Please, not again!! Not another one here!
Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by yorubakid: 9:36pm On Aug 23, 2014
Feraz: Please, not again!! Not another one here!
what
Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by Idrismusty97(m): 9:43pm On Aug 23, 2014

OP go and sleep
in millions
of USD)
2 Rivers State US$21,073
3 Delta State US$16,749
4 Oyo State US$16,121
5 Imo State US$14,212
6 Kano State US$12,393
7 Edo State US$11,888
9 Ogun State US$10,470
12 Abia State US$8,687
13 Ondo State US$8,414
14 Osun State US$7,280
15 Benue State US$6,864
18 Niger State US$6,002
19 Borno State US$5,175
21 Sokoto State US$4,818
22 Bauchi State US$4,713
23 Kogi State US$4,642
25 Enugu State US$4,396
28 Kwara State US$3,841
29 Taraba State US$3,397
30 Kebbi State US$3,290
32 Jigawa State US$2,988
33 Ekiti State US$2,848
34 Ebonyi State US$2,732
35 Gombe State US$2,501
36 Yobe State US$2,011

Of the lowest ten
7 are in the north
And of the highest 10, two are in the North and only one in the Landlocked region. Surprisingly, those two are not oil producing States.

A region with a high population is much much more likely to have a high GDP as you can see with Lagos, Kano, Kaduna etc GDP doesn't reflects the true condition of a region. Lagos have a GPD bigger than that of Kenya and Ghana yet we are still the ones flooding into Accra and Nairobi for vacation, education and leisure(That's for the few who even have the money).

This is the estimated population for each Nigerian States;
1 Kano State 9,401,288
2 Lagos State 9,113,605
3 Kaduna State 6,113,503
4 Katsina State 5,801,584
5 Oyo State 5,580,894
6 Rivers State 5,198,716
7 Bauchi State 4,653,066
8 Jigawa State 4,361,002
9 Benue State 4,253,641
10 Anambra State 4,177,828
11 Borno State 4,171,104
12 Delta State 4,112,445
13 Niger State 3,954,772
14 Imo State 3,927,563
15 Akwa Ibom State 3,902,051
16 Ogun State 3,751,140
17 Sokoto State 3,702,676
18 Ondo State 3,460,877
19 Osun State 3,416,959
20 Kogi State 3,314,043
21 Zamfara State 3,278,873
22 Enugu State 3,267,837
23 Kebbi State 3,256,541
24 Edo State 3,233,366
25 Plateau State 3,206,531
26 Adamawa State 3,178,950
27 Cross River State 2,892,988
28 Abia State 2,845,380
29 Ekiti State 2,398,957
30 Kwara State 2,365,353
31 Gombe State 2,365,040
32 Yobe State 2,321,339
33 Taraba State 2,294,800
34 Ebonyi State 2,176,947
35 Nasarawa State 1,869,377
36 Bayelsa State 1,704,515
– Abuja Federal Capital Territory 1,406,239
As you can clearly see, yobe and Gombe has one of the lowest population in Nigeria just a little over 2million. Even Ekiti and Ebonyi thats why they are among the lowest in terms of GDP.The rest that made it to the top 10 in your GDP lists(Apart from Lagos,Kano, Edo and Kaduna state) have a population of at least 4million and are oil producing States.
Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by eaglechild: 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2014
Idrismusty97: And of the highest 10, two are in the North and only one in the Landlocked region. Surprisingly, those two are not oil producing States.

A region with a high population is much much more likely to have a high GDP as you can see with Lagos, Kano, Kaduna etc GDP doesn't reflects the true condition of a region. Lagos have a GPD bigger than that of Kenya and Ghana yet we are still the ones flooding into Accra and Nairobi for vacation, education and leisure(That's for the few who even have the money).

This is the estimated population for each Nigerian States;
As you can clearly see, yobe and Gombe has one of the lowest population in Nigeria just a little over 2million. Even Ekiti and Ebonyi thats why they are among the lowest in terms of GDP.The rest that made it to the top 10 in your GDP lists(Apart from Lagos,Kano, Edo and Kaduna state) have a population of at least 4million and are oil producing States)
I hope you realise you haven't made any point.
Re: Nigerian Non-Oil Industry Discussion Thread by emmatok(m): 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2014
yorubakid: ode,am a full blooded Yoruba man from illesha in oshogbo state. I and eggy are from the same state

LOL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lets Handle Your Cheap And Quality Election Campaign Wristband / Want To Get Rich Quick? Try Pool Games / Top 10 Richest Men In The World In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.