Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Volvo S40 1999 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volvo S40 1999 (1964 Views)

Help Me Solve Fuel Consumption Problem In Volvo S40 / Volkswagen Jetta 2010 Or Volvo S40 2010 / Help! Volvo S40 2004. Dsi Fuse Got Damanged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volvo S40 1999 by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 24, 2014
Hi guys,
I need people with vast knowledge about Volvos to avail me with the pros and coins of S40 1999-2000 models. I have got some through Google, and I find some of the comments pleasing. Still, I want Nigerians who have had experience or experiences with these models.

This is very urgent for a decision is about to be made.
Re: Volvo S40 1999 by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 24, 2014
20 views and no comments yet. What the f? Ain't Nigerians know a damn thing about Volvo? Come on! If Noah that useless Camry now, this place go down full for comments.
Still, I will wait for someone who knows d differences btw moto and machine to drop a few things. Thanks guys. Waiting o..................
Re: Volvo S40 1999 by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
Chai! Still no comments. Help this guy nah.
Re: Volvo S40 1999 by fm7070: 6:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
volvo v40/s40 are very good model.
i have an uncle who use it, his own is diesel and he always use it to travel between nigeria and ghana
only thing i don't seems to like about the new models of volvo is that they come with aluminium engine which seems not to be so rugged like the cast counterpart and u may have to just replace when its getting so bad. the balancing is superb, good fuel economy, doesn't fail (if you give it what it demands), cheap to maintain, the A/C na mortuary standard, the parts are available mainly at Ladipo. Averagely, it is a good car for an average man.
Re: Volvo S40 1999 by Nobody: 2:33am On Aug 26, 2014
fm7070: volvo v40/s40 are very good model.
i have an uncle who use it, his own is diesel and he always use it to travel between nigeria and ghana
only thing i don't seems to like about the new models of volvo is that they come with aluminium engine which seems not to be so rugged like the cast counterpart and u may have to just replace when its getting so bad. the balancing is superb, good fuel economy, doesn't fail (if you give it what it demands), cheap to maintain, the A/C na mortuary standard, the parts are available mainly at Ladipo. Averagely, it is a good car for an average man.
Thanks sir.
Re: Volvo S40 1999 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 06, 2014
More comments are needed.
Re: Volvo S40 1999 by Evasmil4(m): 12:38pm On Mar 26, 2015
Am a Volvo enthusiast, ever since I discover that Volvo cars ares are the safest car you could ever drive.
The least of Volvo car comes with all the safety of an executive car with the price of a small car still.
also a yr 2000 model Volvo had the technology of a 2008 model of Toyota nd Honda.
The Technology they employed in auto making since 1990s are still be researched by other auto makers like kia, toyota, honed etc.
Volvo cars can be liken to vehicles like BMW, Benz etc when you talk about Comfort, Stability, Technology, Ruggedity, Durability, Design.
Most of all it comes at a cheaper rate and low cost of maintenance.
I use a V40 2000yr 1.8l GDI engine. am enjoying every bit of it

1 Like

Re: Volvo S40 1999 by davou4eva(m): 12:30am On Mar 29, 2015
Volvo is one of the car you can ever drive. I ve used the S80 for 4years and am driving the XC90 now. You dare not compare it with some of this Toyota as Volvo beat them hands down. Let me be sincere with you, as long as you can have a good maintenance culture, I can assure you that u will neva regret it.

Talk of the luxury, interior, smooth driving, power, full options accessories, balancing and speed. The major thing you may need to change often is the bulbs and absorber pad. Overall, its a good ride. Good luck
Re: Volvo S40 1999 by Nobody: 5:15am On Mar 31, 2015
I have decided to suspend the volvo idea for now and I have decided to acquire a c-class. Next project is to choose between a C-kompressor and a T4 volvo S40 or T5 S60.

(1) (Reply)

Help !!! How Much Does Sleeving An Engine Cost ? / This 2017 Honda Civic Type R Would Change Your Perception About Civics (photos) / Cracked And Sticky Dashboard Repairs - Lexus And Toyota Suv/car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.