Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

3 Books That Changed Your Approach To Life - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 3 Books That Changed Your Approach To Life (811 Views)

How A Girl"s Visit to My Room Changed my Life ( Short Story) / 10 Books That Will Change Your Life / What Are Some Good Gay Romance Books tHat I Can Read Online? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Books That Changed Your Approach To Life by Papido(m): 10:05am On Aug 24, 2014
[b][/b]
Three books that changed my approach to life:
1. Rich dad poor dad by Robert Kiyosaki
2. how to win friends and influence people by napoleon hill
3. transformed temperaments by Tim LaHaye

from the first i learnt the principles of wealth creation. from the second i understood that people skill is an asset necessary for success and most importantly that the skill can be learnt. i smile more now sincei read the book nearly 20yrs ago. The third book demystified humans for me. now i have less trouble understanding people.

Lots of secrets are found in books. and like the proverbial prince who kissed many frogs before he found the princess, we read many books before we find the outstanding ones.

Can you share yours?
Re: 3 Books That Changed Your Approach To Life by Infomizer(m): 10:23am On Aug 24, 2014
1. Rich Dad Poor Dad (Robert Kiyosaki)
2. Discourse on Method and the Meditations (Rene Descartes)
3. Spirit of Apollo (Sidney Newton Bremer)
Re: 3 Books That Changed Your Approach To Life by faithboi: 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
1.48 laws of power
2.Rich dad poor dad
3.gifted hands...
...y did u tell us to mention 3 alone?...all Ben Carsons' books did.......av also read dat how to win friends and almost all dat u all av listed....and believe me I attract friends unconsciously.... btw am on course being a public speaker....biscoibitade.com...... Nice threads won't make front page....
Re: 3 Books That Changed Your Approach To Life by Sheriffc(m): 2:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
I think " how to win friends and influence people" was written by Dale Carnagie. Check and correct

1 Like

Re: 3 Books That Changed Your Approach To Life by walex2bad(m): 3:24pm On Aug 24, 2014
Bishop David Oyedepo's book taught me so many things. I learnt that being a christian does not only give you a direct visa to heaven. It guarantees you a life of impact here on earth. Many believers are ignoant of this fact, that is why they keep living in jeopardy.
Re: 3 Books That Changed Your Approach To Life by Iolite(f): 11:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
1. Why men don't listen & women can't read map by Allan and Barbara Pease.
2. Why you act the way you do by Tim LaHaye

And so many.
Re: 3 Books That Changed Your Approach To Life by overhypedsteve(m): 3:10am On Aug 25, 2014
I know some may expect one to talk about a compendium of existential matters, but funnily enough, books like
great expectations,
animal farm,
David copperfield,
Oliver twist,
adventure of huckleberry Finn,
adventure of tom sawyer,
seemed to define me more than those instructive compendiums.
Re: 3 Books That Changed Your Approach To Life by Papido(m): 3:52am On Aug 27, 2014
faithboi: 1.48 laws of power
2.Rich dad poor dad
3.gifted hands...
...y did u tell us to mention 3 alone?...all Ben Carsons' books did.......av also read dat how to win friends and almost all dat u all av listed....and believe me I attract friends unconsciously.... btw am on course being a public speaker....biscoibitade.com...... Nice threads won't make front page....

I suggested the three with the highest impact on your life. If you mention more, it may water down the importance of those that impacted you most.
Re: 3 Books That Changed Your Approach To Life by Papido(m): 3:54am On Aug 27, 2014
Sheriffc: I think " how to win friends and influence people" was written by Dale Carnagie. Check and correct

My bad. I think you are right. I have read the book decades ago. I forgot the author but I remember the principles learnt.
Re: 3 Books That Changed Your Approach To Life by faithboi: 7:51am On Aug 27, 2014
Papido:

I suggested the three with the highest impact on your life. If you mention more, it may water down the importance of those that impacted you most.
noted

(1) (Reply)

The Night Before / 7 Wonderfull Principles That Can Make A Diffrence Of You. / I Know You Love Me — Now Let Me Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.