Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,525 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:11 PM

Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) (75757 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi In Brazil With His Wives (Photos) / Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Alaafin Of Oyo / Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates His 77th Birthday With Youngest Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by PeterKbaba: 1:15am On Aug 25, 2014
The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi III, at the weekend, temporarily relocated the ancient Oyo palace to the state of Bahia in Brazil, as he jetted out to participate in a cultural seminar in the country, between today and Friday.

The monarch, accompanied by an entourage of 30 people drawn from among his traditional cabinet and other eminent personalities, is expected to deliver papers at the event, which is the 1st Brazil-Nigeria International Seminar for Preservation of Shared Cultural Heritage.

Oba Adeyemi while intimating the Oyo State Governor, Abiola Ajimobi, about the trip through a letter dated July 23, said the Brazilian state was holding the programme in conjunction with Nigeria’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism.

He said, “The seminar is intended to promote the common cultural and historical legacies and discuss strategies for asset protection. It will also show the importance of the Oyo Yoruba traditions which have evolved in Brazil as a result of the Trans Atlantic slave trade.”

He recalled that Sango, the third Alaafin of Oyo alongside his predecessors remain sacred deities in Oyo Yoruba tradition and history in Nigeria and in the diaspora, especially Brazil.

“As the current Alaafin of Oyo, it is my sacred duty and responsibility to uphold the dignity, responsibility, allures and values associated to this institution,” Oba Adeyemi said as he informed the governor that the trip would prevent him from joining him to celebrate the happy conclusion of the Ramadan fasting and Eid-el-Fitri festival.

The four-day event will among others include meeting with government authorities, visitation to ancient places, cultural presentation, papers’ presentation and document approval.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/alaafin-in-brazil-for-cultural-seminar/

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by PeterKbaba: 1:16am On Aug 25, 2014
MORE!

22 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by PeterKbaba: 1:17am On Aug 25, 2014
MORE!!!

16 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by PeterKbaba: 1:41am On Aug 25, 2014
MORE!!!!!

24 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Lobolintin(m): 1:47am On Aug 25, 2014
Some tribes in Brazil speaks Yoruba.. Trans Atlantic Slave trade caused it... For bEen the first to comment with all this likes... Kudos my people.. Abeg make unah complete am 50likes..thanks

72 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by RoyalRoy(m): 1:57am On Aug 25, 2014
Just check out the regalia and swags of Oba Adeyemi With his pretty queen.!!!

And then some ignorant few will claim Ooni of Ife is the greater of the two kings.

Is it not obvious the Alaafin is pushing more of the Yoruba culture and tradition all over the globe than the Ooni?

He has the flair and charisma that portrays a true royal king of the yorubas. Never mincing words, always real and factual.

I believe he is one of the very few revered and articulate kings left in Yoruba land. If not the greatest of this generation.

May he never stumble. Amen.

138 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by PeterKbaba: 1:59am On Aug 25, 2014

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Theyjih: 3:04am On Aug 25, 2014
Chai alafin follow for promo.. packaging toh badt!!

6 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Blaqsmith(m): 3:23am On Aug 25, 2014
olatumo: Whether elementary or advanced history, Alaafin is
the Head of Yoruba Obas. Ooni was a son of palace
slave (captive) turned priest that perform fetish
sacrifices for Oodua. Olojudo-Alayemero of Ido-Osun
and his sycophant OPC stooge (Frederick Fasheun)
should stop distorting history. Ooni is not one of
children of Oduduwa. Alaafin Oranmiyan (1st IKU
BABA YEYE) initially ruled at Ile Ife before
transferring the political headquarters of Yoruba
race to Oyo Ile. Since then Oyo had became the
ancient Yoruba Capital City and the paramount ruler
since then was Alaafin Ornamiyan and his progeny.
Ooni is not one of Oduduwa's 7 children and 16
grand children. Modern days fake Odu-Ifa that tends
to re-write Yoruba history in favor of Sijuwade is not
acceptable. Sijuwade is, no doubt, richer than
Alaafin but Alaafin is legitimate child of Oduduwa
and Ooni was not. While Orangun Ila, Alaketu and
other Yoruba children scarmbled to inherit Oduduwa
monies and wives, Alaafin Oranmiyan (though the
youngest child) outsmarted his senior brothers by
chooising to inherit all Yoruba lands that his
brothers considered 'invaluable' then. He later
became the Yoruba landlord (owner of Yorubaland)
to whom others Yoruba kings paid rent (Isakole).
Because he had all the land, he became the greatest
Yoruba monarch that founded one of the greatests
empire in Africa. Alaafin suzeranity covered not only
the present Yoruba areas of present Western
Nigeria, it also extends to Benin Republic and
Dahomey and larger part of West of Africa. Based on
the foregoing, it is crystal clear that both Fredereick
Fasheun and Olojudo-Alayemero of Ido-Osun
(Sijuwade errand boys) were wrong for insinuating
that Ooni (the child of palace slave) is greater than
Alaafin (the Oduduwa legitimate child) that ruled
over the whole of Yorubaland after the demise of his
father Oduduwa. To further butress this arguement,
Alaafin Adeyemi 1 who is grandfather to the present
Oba Lamidi Adeyemi was recognised by colonialists
as the head of Yoruba race and he had always
signed treateies as the Head of Yoruba Nation. No
other Yoruba Obas (including Ooni) had ever
attained that exalted status in the Yoruba history.
By tradition, Alaafin remains the most superior king
and the paramount ruler of Yorubaland. Plethoria of
evidence abound in the federal and state
government archives that previous Alaafin had
always hosted and presided of Yoruba Obas meeting
because Alaafinate is second to none in Yorubaland.
Ooni sijuwade may be richer or older than Lamidi
Adeyemi, Oba Adeyemi stil remains superior
because Yoruba Obaship is determined by tradition
(not mundane factors). Imagine Elejigbo of Ejigbo
Osun State, because of monetary inducement, now
recanting his archived statement. Recently he said
that Ooni was superior to Alaafin. But his archived
statement he signed with other Yoruba Obas several
years ago confirmed that Alaafin was Head of
Yoruba Obas. Yoruba Obas shopuld not because of
monetary gains turned our history upside down to
please their sponsor. There is no harm in being a
sycophant Obas that kowtow a wealthy king for
monetary support, but Yoruba will not allow new
generation (latter days) monarchs to distort our
hsitory tha placed Alaafin over other Obas in
Yorubaland. If not for the politics of AC/UPN era that
supported sijuwade against Alaafin, who is Ooni of
Ife to challenge Alaafin's supreamcy? Late Chief
Awolowo deserve all acollades for his archivements
in Western Nigeria and I am also a beneficairy of his
free education but with due respect to the late sage,
it was his greatest mistake for allowing politics to
overide the tradition by supporting imosition of Ooni
over Alaafin. If not for political disgreement between
late Awolowo and Oba Adeyemi II, there will be no
controversy because Yoruba Obas had long
submitted to Alaafin's leadership prior to politics
era. I am a legitimate Yoruba and I herein empahsize
that Alaafin is the most supreme Oba in the Yoruba
land (Ooni was not). To crown it all, Alaafin
insitution has the exclusive authoity to confer any
Yoruba Chieftaincy title accross Yoruba land. Alaafin
appointed Late Ladoke Akintola and Chief M.K.O.
Abiola as Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland. No Ooni
has ever done that in Yoruba history, then who is
superior. Sijuwade attempt to confer Akinrogun of
Yorubaland on Tom Ikimi of NRC for political reasons
was rejected by Yorubas because they beleive that
tradition only allows Alaafin to confer title across
Yorubaland. Recently, he successfuly conferred
Aare-Baamofin of Yorubaland on Senior Advocate
Afe Babalola, and the Yorubas supported him. when
I read that one Olojudo kicked against the
celebartion of our dear Mrs. Alaba Lawson as Iyalode
of Yorubaland, I laughed because no Obas could stop
Alaafin from doing what the tradition allows him to
do. Besides, our Iyalode had already received her
letter of appointment and we supported her
conferment, it is just a matter of time when the
celebartion will be performed because Alaafin had
never lost any battle. Once again, ALAAFIN IS THE
HEAD OF YORUBA OBAS AND HE IS SUPERIOR TO
OONI OF IFE. Thank you
^^^i dig deep to get that. Ogbeni Saxywale,come and see

25 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Blaqsmith(m): 3:26am On Aug 25, 2014
RoyalRoy: Just check out the regalia and swags of Oba Adeyemi With his pretty queen.!!!

And then some ignorant few will claim Ooni of Ife is the greater of the two kings.

Is it not obvious the Alaafin is pushing more of the Yoruba culture and tradition all over the globe than the Ooni?

He has the flair and charisma that portrays a true royal king of the yorubas. Never mincing words, always real and factual.

I believe he is one of the very few revered and articulate kings left in Yoruba land. If not the greatest of this generation.

Ooni is just like a head of state in parliamentarianism ....Oba Lamidi Adeyemi is more than a king in Yorubaland,he is a god!

38 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by PeterKbaba: 3:45am On Aug 25, 2014
Front Page oooOOo

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by shadowwalker101: 3:45am On Aug 25, 2014
good
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by overhypedsteve(m): 3:46am On Aug 25, 2014
That's good.

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by dstnd: 3:47am On Aug 25, 2014
selling out the secret of Yoruba in the name of promoting her culture
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by bunmioguns(m): 3:48am On Aug 25, 2014
Anyway

7 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by peculiar3(m): 3:48am On Aug 25, 2014
He likes good tinzzzz grin̶̲̥̅̊ grin̶̲̥̅̊ grin

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by kayjasper(f): 3:48am On Aug 25, 2014
Blaqsmith: Igbakeji Orisa...all hail Oba Lamidi!
Blaqsmith: Ooni is just like a head of state in parliamentarianism ....Oba Lamidi Adeyemi is more than a king in Yorubaland,he is a god!

Blaqsmith: Igbakeji Orisa...all hail Oba Lamidi!

No gain saying...this is true royalty.
Alaafin is undoubtedly the most flamboyant, important and relevant king of Yoruba land.

check his poise and glamour even at age 80. cool cool

He truly is the last of his kind... a living god!!

20 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Jhosh(m): 3:51am On Aug 25, 2014
Tai ! Shout awt 2 al yee yorubaz ere...

9 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Davijunson: 3:51am On Aug 25, 2014
Moving on to the next thread...I've got nothing to say jhare.
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Blaqsmith(m): 3:53am On Aug 25, 2014
kayjasper:

No gain saying...this is true royalty.
Alaafin is undoubtedly the most flamboyant, important and relevant king of Yoruba land.

check his poise and glamour even at age 80. cool cool

He truly is the last of his kind... a living god!!
u forgot to add "The Most Handsome"

6 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by RoyalRoy(m): 3:53am On Aug 25, 2014
dstnd: selling out the secret of Yoruba in the name of promoting her culture

You get it wrong.

Culture is about expression and showing the world what your beliefs and ideas are.

There are many misconstrued versions of people's culture simply because the people refuse to enlighten and promote their culture beyond their borders!!!

52 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by raumdeuter: 3:54am On Aug 25, 2014
Iku baba yeye

Alashe Ikeji orisha

8 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by mecussey(m): 4:23am On Aug 25, 2014
Spending maney...spending maney...spending maney ...spending maney.
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by MsNas(f): 4:25am On Aug 25, 2014
Well, I'm from Oyo State, though from Ibadan (Omo Ibadan and always proud of it grin). The Alaafin of Oyo actually does well in promoting the Yoruba culture a lot. Makes me proud of my Yoruba heritage. Kudos to Oba Lamidi Adeyemi. I've not seen Oba Sijuade out these days that much, wonder why...
The Alaafin sure knows how to enjoy life sha cheesy

But BTW... why is that Olori (King's Wife) as white as that? I'm not bashing her but with the stereotype associated with Yorubas (which is stupid IMO), I cannot for the life of me fathom why some women whiten their skin. She might be naturally light-skinned sha.

17 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by pimplucious: 4:28am On Aug 25, 2014
RoyalRoy: Just check out the regalia and swags of Oba Adeyemi With his pretty queen.!!!

Who compares Ooni of Ife with Aalafin of Oyo?
Get UF facts right

10 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by tit(f): 4:32am On Aug 25, 2014
the brazilians will be like:
you sold us into slavery and pocketed the money,
what do you want with us again?

12 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by ghettodreamz(m): 4:33am On Aug 25, 2014
Interesting.
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by GooseBaba: 4:40am On Aug 25, 2014
The gathering of enlightened people..... Op thanks for sharing..

5 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by deboldaras: 4:43am On Aug 25, 2014
I make it. Fp. He is promoting yoruba culture.
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by gbaskiboy: 4:43am On Aug 25, 2014
IgbaKeji Orisa, how are u sir!
One thing I admire about this Man, he speaks English and Yoruba language Fluently. When speaking yoruba he'll never mixed with any forms of words in english and vice versa..

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by segradino(m): 4:51am On Aug 25, 2014
Mehn! Who be him tailor, I need to get his no...

Good news for smart phone users, u can get d best data plan(MTN and Etisalat) for ur internet enabled devices why waste more when u can pay less for as low as N400 for 250mb...check dis out on this thread. www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391662

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Emmanuella Ropo "I Am Not Ooni Ogunwusi's New Wife" / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) / Yoruba Proverb Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.