Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Another Talented Nigerian Actor! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Another Talented Nigerian Actor! (1535 Views)

Murphy Afolabi In Car Accident: Nigerian Actor Escapes Death Road Crash[pics] / Another Nigerian Actor, Lekkinson Dies / Most Fluent English Speaking Nigerian Actor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Talented Nigerian Actor! by bluenubian(f): 9:02pm On Jul 24, 2006
i jus get even more amazed when i hear about our people doing big thing.

Name: Chiwetel Ejiofor "chewy" for those that can't pronounce it.

Born: London, England 7/10/1977

background: Born to nigerian immigrant parents, dad a doctor, mom a pharmacist
started acting at the age of 13 in school plays

whats makes him special is that he has broken through the british movie scene into the hollywood scene which is quite an accomplishment

i remember him the most in a movie about Immigrants where he played an illegal nigerian immigrant who was ofcourse a doctor back home in nigeria but now struggles to make a living in another man's country

his works include :

2006 Co-starred in the Spike Lee directed hostage drama "Inside Man"
2006 Played a flamboyant transvestite cabaret star in "Kinky Boots"
2005 Cast in Woody Allen's "Melinda and Melinda" opposite Radha Mitchell
2003 Featured with an ensemble cast in Richard Curtis' romantic comedy "Love Actually"
2002 Appeared in the thriller "Dirty Pretty Things"
2000 Earned critical praise for his performance in "Blue/Orange" at the Royal National Theatre
1997 Feature film debut in Steven Spielberg's "Amistad"
Will star opposite Don Cheadle in "Talk to Me"

i can actually call him the most talented nigerian actor because of his versatility and accomplishments.

Re: Another Talented Nigerian Actor! by bluenubian(f): 9:05pm On Jul 24, 2006
more pics

Re: Another Talented Nigerian Actor! by kellorah: 9:06pm On Jul 24, 2006
aw! bless! good to know our peeps are repping us!!
i hope he doesn't deny 9ja ohhhh. he berra come down this xmas, if not  ,
Re: Another Talented Nigerian Actor! by kellorah: 9:06pm On Jul 24, 2006
yep ive seen that film. it was crap shaa i no lie
Re: Another Talented Nigerian Actor! by bluenubian(f): 9:07pm On Jul 24, 2006
what film kellorah cause he has been in many

Re: Another Talented Nigerian Actor! by Hotstepper(f): 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2006
he acted in FOUR BROTHERS
Re: Another Talented Nigerian Actor! by kellorah: 9:16pm On Jul 24, 2006
the one he was with that girl. dunno the name. it was about immigrants.
Re: Another Talented Nigerian Actor! by eveseh(f): 12:14am On Jul 25, 2006
cool
Re: Another Talented Nigerian Actor! by diddy4(m): 12:18am On Jul 25, 2006
yeah, when i saw him, i was like; who is dis guy? then i saw his name at the end of the movie. he is a nigerian. dats nice. make una rep naija forever.
Re: Another Talented Nigerian Actor! by kellorah: 10:50am On Jul 25, 2006
i bet he hasnt even been to his village before angry
Re: Another Talented Nigerian Actor! by bluenubian(f): 2:19pm On Jul 25, 2006
yes kelloggs

he probably hasnt been to nigeria, thats really not the point of this thread, i wanted to point out that he is a nigerian and is very talented.

and that film "dirty pretty things" he played a nigerian and he did a great job, its not meant to be a fun movie or some kind of horror movie, it won awards at film festivals, and its a film not a movie. its meant to draw the attention of certain kinds of picture lovers. i understand if u didnt like it, but u have to look at it in a different aspect, u learn from it and the diffenrence is that it seemed too real.
Re: Another Talented Nigerian Actor! by kellorah: 2:21pm On Jul 25, 2006
yeah! true! ive seen the movie shaa it was OK i guess, but i was expecting something better undecided
Re: Another Talented Nigerian Actor! by bluenubian(f): 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2006
"inside man" looks like a good movie with denzel, i bet u ll like that one, and the girl from "dirty pretty things" was the lead girl in da vinci code.
Re: Another Talented Nigerian Actor! by kellorah: 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2006
is that the same girl? shocked

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Another Talented Nigerian Actor! by bluenubian(f): 2:32pm On Jul 25, 2006
yeah she's a french actor, she doing it big now, there are a lot of talented people outside hollywood, so once in a while some of em cross over to hollywood cause the money is better
Re: Another Talented Nigerian Actor! by kellorah: 2:34pm On Jul 25, 2006
thats good cos i think i'm getting tired of seeing some of the old 'famous' poeple

(1) (Reply)

Dbanj's New Video : Fall In Love: / Rate Michelle Obama's Dress To The State Banquet At Buckingham Palace Yesterday / Most Beautiful Nigerian Women In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.