Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Abandoned By Europe and the US, Zimbabwe Turns To China for help. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abandoned By Europe and the US, Zimbabwe Turns To China for help. (1159 Views)

"Cameron Flew Commercial To China For £40B, 2016 PMB Flies Private Jet For $2b" / The Underdevelopment Of Africa By Europe- By Washington Alcott / DHQ: Military Captures Arms Caches Abandoned By Fleeing Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abandoned By Europe and the US, Zimbabwe Turns To China for help. by Idrismusty97(m): 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe met with Chinese leader Xi Jinping on a visit to China hoping the long-time ally and economic giant can help the African nation's ailing economy. Mugabe was welcomed today with a 21-gun-salute at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing and hailed by Xi as a "renowned leader of the African national liberation movement" and an old friend of the Chinese people. The leaders oversaw the signing of a number of agreements, including on economic, trade and tourism co
Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe met with Chinese leader Xi Jinping on a visit to China hoping the long-time ally and economic giant can help the African nation's ailing economy.

Mugabe was welcomed today with a 21-gun-salute at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing and hailed by Xi as a "renowned leader of the African national liberation movement" and an old friend of the Chinese people.

The leaders oversaw the signing of a number of agreements, including on economic, trade and tourism cooperation and emergency food donations and concessional loans from China to Zimbabwe. No details were immediately released.

Mugabe told Xi that Zimbabwe, being the smaller country, benefited more from the relationship, but said his government would do its best to "reciprocate your friendship.
http://wap.business-standard.com/article/pti-stories/zimbabwe-seeks-china-s-aid-as-mugabe-meets-xi-114082501077_1.html
Re: Abandoned By Europe and the US, Zimbabwe Turns To China for help. by Dreal1247: 5:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
Agreement to be enslaved. I pray that it favorts them.

1 Like

Re: Abandoned By Europe and the US, Zimbabwe Turns To China for help. by Idrismusty97(m): 5:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
Dreal1247: Agreement to be enslaved. I pray that it favorts them.
It is better than being enslaved by the West(Their sanctions alone is an attempt to enslaved them). No Nations can survive on its own, we all need friends and Zimbabwe have found a worthy friend.
Re: Abandoned By Europe and the US, Zimbabwe Turns To China for help. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
I prefer being fuc.ked by west than Jinkos cuz when the balls boils down , Jinkos has no pity,passion nor compasion !!

Enjoy it while it last MUGABE !!

2 Likes

Re: Abandoned By Europe and the US, Zimbabwe Turns To China for help. by pickabeau1: 5:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
donroxy: I prefer being fuc.ked by west than Jinkos cuz when the balls boils down , Jinkos has no pity,passion nor compasion !!

Simple
Re: Abandoned By Europe and the US, Zimbabwe Turns To China for help. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
donroxy: I prefer being fuc.ked by west than Jinkos cuz when the balls boils down , Jinkos has no pity,passion nor compasion !!

Word! The Yanks as scheming as they be, always have a strand of sympathy in them, but definitely not the Chinese, you must pay for every dime you borrow, or they'll take it themselves, that's just one reason why i dont like China's growing influence! The Devil we know is definitely better!

2 Likes

Re: Abandoned By Europe and the US, Zimbabwe Turns To China for help. by Ikengawo: 6:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
if two countries are conducting trade, why is it considered help? because one is african?

1 Like

Re: Abandoned By Europe and the US, Zimbabwe Turns To China for help. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ikengawo: if two countries are conducting trade, why is it considered help? because one is african?
Because the ''balance of trade'' favours one in the longrun and the other get cheated and when you raise a voice , you get forced !! ...

The one with the best ''weapon'' wins !!
Re: Abandoned By Europe and the US, Zimbabwe Turns To China for help. by Idrismusty97(m): 6:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
donroxy: Because the ''balance of trade'' favours one in the longrun and the other get cheated and when you raise a voice , you get forced !! ...

The one with the best ''weapon'' wins !!
Abeg no be war be this o! Wetin concern weapon here? cheesy
Re: Abandoned By Europe and the US, Zimbabwe Turns To China for help. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
I think it will be in the interest of zafrica yo forge ally with the Chinese rather than the Chinese government because as it stands, US is not our friend, they ate only controlling us. China may not be innocent either but they are surely better than US.

1 Like

Re: Abandoned By Europe and the US, Zimbabwe Turns To China for help. by Rawani: 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
China is quietly re-colonising Africa under the guise of infrastructural development and economic co-operation. I was speechless when a Zim colleague told me there's a shopping mall in their country, which is solely populated by Chinese and their products - On African Soil!
Re: Abandoned By Europe and the US, Zimbabwe Turns To China for help. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
Idrismusty97: Abeg no be war be this o! Wetin concern weapon here? cheesy
It is called ''metaphor'' my brother grin
Re: Abandoned By Europe and the US, Zimbabwe Turns To China for help. by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 26, 2014
chimoz: I think it will be in the interest of zafrica yo forge ally with the Chinese rather than the Chinese government because as it stands, US is not our friend, they ate only controlling us. China may not be innocent either but they are surely better than US.
Look bro, US didn't actually started in the first place with bully , it all begin with slavery later Liberalism and later Neo-colonialism but despite US/West harshness , their respect for HumanRight is higher compared to EasternBlocs ....

I aint saying China's Nyansh is not sweet to lick right now cuz right now China offers the best Nyansh in the market for as:s.lickers but when such Nyansh start to dey smell and u said NO, hmmmm !!

1 Like

Re: Abandoned By Europe and the US, Zimbabwe Turns To China for help. by kernel504(m): 8:00am On Aug 26, 2014
Dreal1247: Agreement to be enslaved. I pray that it favorts them.

You sound like a broken slate, you've not seen the details of the agreement, yet you've concluded.
Am happy for Zimbabwe, after years of unfriendly relationship with the West.
But then, lots of embargos till hanging on her neck.

2 Likes

Re: Abandoned By Europe and the US, Zimbabwe Turns To China for help. by Idrismusty97(m): 9:25am On Aug 26, 2014
kernel504:

You sound like a broken slate, you've not seen the details of the agreement, yet you've concluded.
Am happy for Zimbabwe, after years of unfriendly relationship with the West.
But then, lots of embargos till hanging on her neck.
Exactly.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor Under Fire / Nigeria’ll Go Down The Drain In 2015 If –buhari / Nairaland Does Not Support Any Political Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.