Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage (1284 Views)

The Interesting things About God / Discussion Between Professor And Student About God, Faith And Science. / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
An article was published today 25th of August on the
website of The Guardian US. The article was written
By an author and regular columnist Michele Hanson
about
the Ebola outbreak and the survival of the American
Missionary doctor to Liberia Kent Brantly.
In the articles which is tittled “If God saved an
American
doctor with Ebola, why did he let 1,200 Africans die?”
The writer talked about how American Ebola patient
Dr Kent Brantly who recovered from the deadly virus
after taking the experimental drug Zmapp, was
chosen by God and not the other 1,200 West African
people who have lost their lives.
Michele says she tried to believe in God, but later
gave up, “It must be lovely for Brantly to be so sure
of things. I tried, aged 10, to work out whether God
was around or not, but couldn’t. ‘What was his actual
shape?’ I wondered. And how could he be
everywhere, all at once? How big, for example, was
his toenail? Did it cover Ruislip, where I lived? I
imagined him constantly on the go, distant enough
for an effective overview and able to home in on
catastrophes and act. But it was very hit and miss.
Would he be on the spot when you needed him, like
Brantly did? On and on I went for years, trying to
believe in him. I even went camping with a
tremendously religious youth organisation, but
despite the prayers and observances, even the
devout did some frightfully rude things in their tents.
And there was no divine retribution. I gave up on
God, for ever.” she said.
The article has sparked a lot of comments from
readers and
Religious media users who read the story. What is
your take on the article? If you wish to read the
article, find it here http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/aug/25/ebola-africans-die-god-american-doctor

Source- http://www.theparot.com/news.php?id=1318&news=This+article+on+God%2C+Ebola+and+survival+of+Dr+Kent+Brantly+by+The+Guardian+US%2C+sparks+outrage+among+readers

1 Like

Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by Lucario007(m): 6:54pm On Aug 25, 2014
Very good point. Now theists, you guys who seem to be able to twist and bend the fabric of words and facts to suit your unflinching faith in your belief of the ever present 'sky-daddy'... cheesy

What is your take on this? angry

1 Like

Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
Psalm 91:7
A thousand may fall at your side And ten thousand at your right hand, But it shall not approach you.

Na this verse concern Christians o. If ebola kill you, your faith no reach..

undecided silliness dressed in divinity.

3 Likes

Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by asadike(f): 7:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
He wil show mercy 2 whomever he wants. U canot question God about his children. And to his miracles there is no end. As many as they dat beliv in him,he gave d right 2 become sons and daughters of God. 4 u canot and wil neva undastand d great work he does.

2 Likes

Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by kuntagunit(m): 7:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
Romans 9 vs 15
New Living Translation
For God said to Moses, "I will show
mercy to anyone I choose, and I will
show compassion to anyone I
choose."
Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
So if you had the power to save 10 people, you'd save just 1.

This una god be lyk Pdp chairman.

3 Likes

Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by DrummaBoy(m): 8:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
I must thank Dr Brantly whose bold testimony about God saving him from Ebola, through medical science, is continually causing furore in a deeply godless world.

The question really is not why some died and a few lived, the question remains "is there a God out there?"

Some of us are convinced there is. No wise argument can undo this reality in our hearts. We only trust that the skeptics will find this God someday in their lives. God in all his wonderful sovereignty may have permitted this epidemic for men to again debate the question of his reality. If one person comes to faith in Christ because of Dr Brantly's testimony, the 1,200 African would not have died in vain after all.
Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
DrummaBoy: If one person comes to faith in Christ because of Dr Brantly's testimony, the 1,200 African would not have died in vain after all.
That's all that matters to these Abrahamic religions: numbers. It doesn't matter if it's Islam or Christianity.

And they'd take advantage of any situation just to get that slight increase. Just wonderful. This is what happens when you have an answer before the question is even asked. The question has to fit the answer. And that everlasting, easy, oh-so-quick answer is God.

2 Likes

Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by dorox(m): 8:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
musKeeto: Psalm 91:7
A thousand may fall at your side And ten thousand at your right hand, But it shall not approach you.

Na this verse concern Christians o. If ebola kill you, your faith no reach..

undecided silliness dressed in divinity.
Hello my dear blood sucker in chief, I hope say you dey leave christian blood alone o! What happened to a Man from Mars? Seeing your old moniker made me think for a moment that my time machine is now operational
Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
dorox:
Hello my dear blood sucker in chief, I hope say you dey leave christian blood alone o! What happened to a Man from Mars? Seeing your old moniker made me think for a moment that my time machine is now operational
grin
Thanks bro. I deactivated aManFromMars sometime back. Luckily, this was still available cool.
How body?
Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by DrummaBoy(m): 8:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
musKeeto: This is what happens when you have an answer before the question is even asked. The question has to fit the answer. And that everlasting, easy, oh-so-quick answer is God.

At least we have answers, regardless of whether it is before or after the question is asked.

The trouble is living life without any answer for life's most difficult question, e.g: death.
Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
DrummaBoy:
At least we have answers, regardless of whether it is before or after the question is asked.
Well, good thing real life doesn't work that way. We continually strive to ensure we have the 'right' answer not a made up one.

DrummaBoy:
The trouble is living life without any answer for life's most difficult question, e.g: death.
The real trouble is living life as a prisoner of your own mind. And I disagree: 'life/consciousness' is the most difficult question.
I guess what one believes or chooses to believe creates his own reality. I love mine the way it is. grin
Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by Omexonomy: 8:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
musKeeto: So if you had the power to save 10 people, you'd save just 1.

try get sense how dare u compare God with PDP chairman.
Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
Omexonomy: try get sense how dare u compare God with PDP chairman.
Well, I see no difference. See how many ppl dey buy ticket, only one go represent the party. Na so God dey na. Pick one, Bleep the rest.

Tell your God to get sense. Or maybe he never evolved. Everything evolves in nature, except that silly 2wat. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
DrummaBoy: If one person comes to faith in Christ because of Dr Brantly's testimony, the 1,200 African would not have died in vain after all.

haaaaa, the good ol' jew god of the Africans never fails to amuse.

He kills 1200 Africans and saves one caucasian in order to exempt one person from "eternal damnation".

Africans: convenient sacrificial lambs of the jew god ever since moses drowned a few thousand Egyptians in the red sea.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, grin

1 Like

Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
musKeeto: So if you had the power to save 10 people, you'd save just 1.

Especially if those 10 are black. lmfao!!!
Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by wiegraf: 11:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
abrahamic philosophy, ingenious in the fields of sociopathy and selfishness
Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by lastmessenger: 11:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
DrummaBoy: I must thank Dr Brantly whose bold testimony about God saving him from Ebola, through medical science, is continually causing furore in a deeply godless world.

The question really is not why some died and a few lived, the question remains "is there a God out there?"

Some of us are convinced there is. No wise argument can undo this reality in our hearts. We only trust that the skeptics will find this God someday in their lives. God in all his wonderful sovereignty may have permitted this epidemic for men to again debate the question of his reality. If one person comes to faith in Christ because of Dr Brantly's testimony, the 1,200 African would not have died in vain after all.
Thanks for such a beautiful post.the skeptics are enveloped in the concept of time and do not think of eternity.to them death means the end but to us death means the beginning of the real life.am convinced that most of those who died of ebola is thanking God for bringing them home to experience the real life.
To the skeptics I have only one thing to say and that is the fact that God is not a human.
Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by Kay17: 11:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
The 1200 Africans died because Adam and Eve sinned$
Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by cold(m): 8:21am On Aug 26, 2014
Last time i asked god why he let 1,200 Africans die and saved an American. This is what transpired between us,the Lord said to me and i quote;
God: 'I don't give a fùck about you black folks,you can all die for all i care. You were put on this earth solely to serve your white masters as i categorically mentioned in my book..You've been cursed and should remain slaves for life. Pray all you want it won't change a damn thing. Now go continue killing off yourselves in my name,I the Lord your God has spoken'.
I got off my knees with a trembling...
Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 26, 2014
cold:
I got off my knees with a trembling...
Should have finished the job. He promised he'd come soon.
Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by cold(m): 8:25am On Aug 26, 2014
musKeeto:
Should have finished the job. He promised he'd come soon.
Let me commune with him tonite. I'll get back to you on that
Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by iamtewwy(m): 9:55am On Aug 26, 2014
partial god
Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by iamtewwy(m): 10:04am On Aug 26, 2014
asadike: He wil show mercy 2 whomever he wants. U canot question God about his children. And to his miracles there is no end. As many as they dat beliv in him,he gave d right 2 become sons and daughters of God. 4 u canot and wil neva undastand d great work he does.

rilli? isnt this partiallitY? but your bible says he is not a partial god
Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by JamalUganda22(m): 10:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
It is because white demons are using black magic to make Ebola powerful and only affect us blacks from Africa.
Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by FringeWizard: 2:17am On Sep 18, 2014
It is really ridiculous that most of you let this article be cause for you to question God's existence. It should only make you question his benevolence not his existence.

Anyways, here is the true god: http://www.kybalion.org/kybalion.php?chapter=IV
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conceptions_of_God#Hermeticism

Also please stop trying to think of God in terms of him being like a human. Humans are a microcosm of the macrocosm but god is much more than just some human sky wizard like you imagine him from the depictions in art.

Read the two links I posted to comprehend the true god which is beyond religious bullshit and undeniable to the rationally minded.

Edit: One more thing -- all of you who are really angry about this evidently have little faith in the life after the death of the physical body. Believe me, the next plane of existence, is vastly superior to this one.

One could say this -- The American doctor perhaps was spared from death because he has more work to do here. The rest have already done their time on Earth and have been taken to paradise now where they will be much happier.

In so saying, we wouldn't be too far off from the truth.
Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by Kay17: 6:48am On Sep 18, 2014
@fringewizard

How were you able to acquire knowledge of a superior plane in this lower plane? Are you merely speculating?
Re: Read This Article About God And Ebola By The Guardian US That Sparked Outrage by finofaya: 9:55am On Sep 18, 2014
What happened is that there is a causal relationship between God's mercy and Zmapp but it is not yet understood which causes which or whether the relationship is always causal.

(1) (Reply)

Millions Now Living Will Never Die! / Why Are Homosexuals So Proud Of Their Sin? / Your God Serapus A K A Jesus Is A Fraud !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.