Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,773 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions (13129 Views)

Surep/ferma Task Force Workers Protest At NHRC Lagos Zonal Office. / APC Presidential Zonal Rally In Owerri - Live Update / PDP Coordinators Beat Up Zonal Secretary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ChrisOD: 10:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:

See you, they did not get richer but they have better roads, schools, health services and infrastructure -- that translates to better quality of life and life expectancy.

Riches is not in Naira and Kobo alone. Get that straight.

Dude stop huffing and puffing. Osun has nothing better than any Igbo state. The rusty roofs of Osun speak volumes.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 10:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:

See you, they did not get richer but they have better roads, schools, health services and infrastructure -- that translates to better quality of life and life expectancy.

Riches is not in Naira and Kobo alone. Get that straight.

Are there better roads in Osogbo than Enugu n owerri with lower debt profile?
y are u doing this to your self?
Are there better schools in osun than any state in the east?
Osogbo doesn't have drainages in most roads. And many roads are very bad .
Abeg....

Justify the opon imo rubbish too

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 10:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
ketoprofen:

The kyn beautiful landscape is not in osun.
From osogbo to Iwo.
The clean parts of Aba are like London to osogbo, let him keep linking indebtedness to devt, that's y I said we shdnt give in to the ideology of the swners here in this issue.

Have you seen people from Osogbo and iwo migrating to your region because they do not have a beautiful landscape? Think through that and give the world an answer.

I repeat, you are being penny wise and pound foolish.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by atlwireles: 10:35pm On Aug 26, 2014
The level of attention assigned to government in the country is way too much. 30 yrs ago in this same country, government did less and people had better lives than today. My Grand parents and my parents usually paid a town's tax, collected via a family support network in the village. My dad paid school endowment contribution for the only secondary school in village/town today. Bendel state as it was call then did nothing. Even the roads that lead to Warri were all maintained via community dues and efforts. Today, the whole LG is crying and waiting for the NDDC. That's how much things have changed.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by eaglechild: 10:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
ChrisOD:

Again you are right. Raising taxes and levies on the wealthy to generate IGR should be accompanied by stricter enforcement of anti-corruption measures.

Still on pop, the SE (especially cities; most villages are quite empty due to migration) is thickly populated, meaning high density in a small space. High density is not always = to high overall population
Definitely not relative to other zones and definitely not in Anambra or Imo states.

Many towns(rural and urban) are witnessing a surge in population.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:
How can you differentiate people's well being from infrastructure eg landscaping, city beautification road, electricity, water etc
Will you rather have a state with infrastructure and middle class, than have one without infrastructure and supposedly rich people?

Do you know why US Europe Japan Korea etc are doing fine.? Their dangotes Ibetos Ibrus etc

Pls watch the men who built america with your phones youtube

As for infrastructural development, I still believe community development groups will play vital role in quickly and cheaply achieving that.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
ChrisOD:

Any major disease at all. And please leave kano out of it. Let's discuss our own problem. Much is expected of Igbos.

How many hospitals in nigeria do open heart surg?
these are the teaching Hosp of excellence in nig?
Unth, Enugu
Uch, Ibadan
Ahmadu bello, Zaria.
...soon, ubth will join.
So when u say govt Hosp, in SE one can go to, I don't know what u mean.
The state of govt Hosp in Nigeria are generally same.
Talk of private hosp
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 10:38pm On Aug 26, 2014
ketoprofen:

Abeg....

See this mengistu for the 2nd time.

Osogbo does not have drainage but its devoid of gully erosion. It does not have better road than enugu and owerri, but that has not stopped your able bodied men from migrating from your desolate gully ersoion of red mud land to the same osogbo.

The topic is not about opon imo. Open another thread on that and i will meet you there. The power of the people to question government was demonstrated to aregbe on the opon imo.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 10:42pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:

Have you seen people from Osogbo and iwo migrating to your region because they do not have a beautiful landscape? Think through that and give the world an answer.

yes, I have seen osun people in anambra but this is not the case here.
Ur case is that u thing the govt doesn't embezzle borrowed funds or igr, I like ur faith. 8.4b naira down the drain and u are here making noise

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by eaglechild: 10:42pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:

They do not have the requisite skills to compete and thus do not have much to offer.

Those who do, definitely migrate eg traditional medicine practitioners(thriving), tailors(endangered and thinning) etc.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 10:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:

See this mengistu for the 2nd time.

Osogbo does not have drainage but its devoid of gully erosion. It does not have better road than enugu and owerri, but that has not stopped your able bodied men from migrating from your desolate gully ersoion of red mud land to the same osogbo.

The topic is not about opon imo. Open another thread on that and i will meet you there. The power of the people to question government was demonstrated to aregbe on the opon imo.

it was PDP that exposes the opon imo scam and not gullible osun ppl like u.
Gully erosion is a natural phenomenon but poverty isn't.
Bad roads in osun aren't.
At least, let's say eastern govs didn't work cos they didn't borrow, what did osun do with her huge debts? No tangible thing .
GDP indeed

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 10:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Do you know why US Europe Japan Korea etc are doing fine.? Their dangotes Ibetos Ibrus etc

As for infrastructural development, I still believe community development groups will play vital role in quickly and cheaply achieving that.

You are wrong.

Those countries are doing well because of their strong middle class and not because of the few rich people. Why is Chinese economy the fastest growing in the world --- the strong middle class and why is Afghanistan a poor country -- their non-existent middle class.

Wipe off the middle class and you will have a country going no where and let the middle class thrive, that is the engine room of any country's propserity.

The middle class is created by govt providing policies and infrastructures, taht willl bring more investors and more employment and more IGR to govt. All those Ibrus, dangotes etc always have waivers on taxes from government. they pay virtually next to nothing or a very minute amount, in comparion with their revenue.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ChrisOD: 10:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
Superstar1, where is the Osun versus SE GDP data?
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 10:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
ketoprofen:

yes, I have seen osun people in anambra but this is not the case here.
Ur case is that u thing the govt doesn't embezzle borrowed funds or igr, I like ur faith. 8.4b naira down the drain and u are here making noise

I never told you politicians do not embezzle borrow funds, i told you in a simple layman's english that, it brings about accountability because the citizens will be more interested in what the govt is doing with their money.

8.4bn is the wahala of osun state people and not that of people from the land of red mud.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 10:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
ketoprofen:

it was PDP that exposes the opon imo scam and not gullible osun ppl like u.
Gully erosion is a natural phenomenon but poverty isn't.
Bad roads in osun aren't.
At least, let's say eastern govs didn't work cos they didn't borrow, what did osun do with her huge debts? No tangible thing .
GDP indeed

You are as clueless as your post. Are the PDP guys from the moon or are they not the same osun people? or what is this mengistu from torah borah mountain saying? The thread is not about PDP vs APC - i dont do party arguments, so waka with your PDP jargons.

I repeat, how has the poverty in Osun resulted in their emigration into your gully eroded land. That means their land is better and more prosperous than your eroded red mud, that is why theyr refuse to move into the pit you are calling a region. People migrate to where there is prosperity.

Stem the wave of emigration that is a scourge in your region and stop this human desertification you are witnessing.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 10:59pm On Aug 26, 2014
eaglechild:
They do not have the requisite skills to compete and thus do not have much to offer.

Those who do, definitely migrate eg traditional medicine practitioners(thriving), tailors(endangered and thinning) etc.

So it is the 100 metre dash gala selling people, that have the requisite skills. i am laughing in kamikaze. The Yazidis have the requisite skills that is why they are emigrating to Kurdistan?

Bros, your land is cursed and does not have anything to offer, that is why you are emigrating to that land of prosperity, Shikena. Your best brains are in our land and our worst are in yours. Dont you understand? This is simple logic.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ChrisOD: 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:

You are as clueless as your post. Are the PDP guys from the moon? or what is this mengistu from torah borah mountain saying?

I repeat, how has the poverty in Osun resulted in their emigration into your gully eroded land. That means their land is better and more prosperous than your eroded red mud, that is why theyr refuse to move into the pit you are calling a region. People migrate to where there is prosperity.

Stem the wave of emigration that is a scourge in your region and stop this human desertification you are witnessing.

Dude, igbos migrate not just due to poverty but due to an innate desire to do so. Many rich Igbos migrate.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by atlwireles: 11:02pm On Aug 26, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Do you know why US Europe Japan Korea etc are doing fine.? Their[b] dangotes Ibetos Ibrus[/b] etc

As for infrastructural development, I still believe community development groups will play vital role in quickly and cheaply achieving that..

That's something truly missing in Nigeria. Ibru did alot for his home town of Agbarha-Otor, like build, town hall, schools and the Anglican Church in the town, yet most of his monies were all invested in Lagos. His business empire has no presence today in delta stste, yet he is the richest deltan alive.

Till our local business giants return to their towns and villages to help upgrade both the public and private infrastructures, government will be saddle with a burden, too big to bear alone.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 11:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:

You are as clueless as your post. Are the PDP guys from the moon or are they not the same osun people? or what is this mengistu from torah borah mountain saying? The thread is not about PDP vs APC - i dont do party arguments, so waka with your PDP jargons.

And how is osun more prosperous than anambra?
When u have not even successfully competed with strangers in ur place, na to go compete for another person state u fit do?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 11:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:

I never told you politicians do not embezzle borrow funds, i told you in a simple layman's english that, it brings about accountability because the citizens will be more interested in what the govt is doing with their money.

8.4bn is the wahala of osun state people and not that of people from the land of red mud.

our spreading of biz tentacles is our business not yours.
Keep to ur lane.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 11:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
ChrisOD:

Dude, igbos migrate not just due to poverty but due to an innate desire to do so. Many rich Igbos migrate.

This topic was sane and we were all learning, before the klepto-whatever started his stup1d argument. If he wants to derail the thread, i will assist him to the fullest. he knows it.

Back to your post, if it is innate desire and characteristic of igbos to migrate, fine but basing argument on others not coming to the land that does not have anything to offer, is a sign of not being competitive is comical and shows how shallow such a thought is.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 11:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
ketoprofen:

our spreading of biz tentacles is our business not yours.
Keep to ur lane.

Keep to your 2by2 inches shop businesses and let others concentrate on theirs.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 11:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
ketoprofen:

The kyn beautiful landscape is not in osun.
From osogbo to Iwo.
The clean parts of Aba are like London to osogbo, let him keep linking indebtedness to devt, that's y I said we shdnt give in to the ideology of the swners here in this issue.
mehn i wonder ao old u r,weda u lik it or not no state in d south east has a bigger GDP dan osun state,weda u lik it or not OAU has alwas been rank higher dan skuls in d south east,i can bet my moni dat,d indigene of osun residing in d whole south eastern state r not up to 2000,i want u to com to oshogbo n c ao many ur pple r.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 11:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:

You are wrong.

Those countries are doing well because of their strong middle class and not because of the few rich people. Why is Chinese economy the fastest growing in the world --- the strong middle class and why is Afghanistan a poor country -- their non-existent middle class.

Wipe off the middle class and you will have a country going no where and let the middle class thrive, that is the engine room of any country's propserity.

The middle class is created by govt providing policies and infrastructures, taht willl bring more investors and more employment and more IGR to govt. All those Ibrus, dangotes etc always have waivers on taxes from government. they pay virtually next to nothing or a very minute amount, in comparion with their revenue.

May I ask you

How many jobs have the middle class created or provided for their children.?

Dangote pays more tax which is a major component of IGR than 10 000 middle class people TRUE or FALSE.?

The refinery dangote plans to site in ondo state, will generate more in taxes than the tax paid by 10 000 middle class people TRUE or FALSE.?
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 11:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:

So it is the 100 metre dash gala selling people, that have the requisite skills. i am laughing in kamikaze. The Yazidis have the requisite skills that is why they are emigrating to Kurdistan?

Bros, your land is cursed and does not have anything to offer, that is why you are emigrating to that land of prosperity, Shikena. Your best brains are in our land and our worst are in yours. Dont you understand? This is simple logic.
U see, no skills n brains.
ur GDP gov borrowed money n looted them, ur incapable people got poor.
Instead of selling gala, they are scattered all over olaiya begging.
these are able bodied men n women o. many of osun people will stop u on the way to beg for money practically.
Y not sell gala? It destitutes are with u, not us.
GDP

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 11:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
ChrisOD:

Dude stop huffing and puffing. Osun has nothing better than any Igbo state. The rusty roofs of Osun speak volumes.
u r a foolish person,we keep hearin ur parasite from d south east shoutin brown roof all d tym,yet u flat head keep troopin to d south west
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 11:12pm On Aug 26, 2014
omololu2020: mehn i wonder ao old u r,weda u lik it or not no state in d south east has a bigger GDP dan osun state,weda u lik it or not OAU has alwas been rank higher dan skuls in d south east,i can bet my moni dat,d indigene of osun residing in d whole south eastern state r not up to 2000,i want u to com to oshogbo n c ao many ur pple r.

Is oau the only school in osun and was it built by the state govt igr?
Argue in line or just read comments.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ChrisOD: 11:13pm On Aug 26, 2014
All these Yoruba blatant liars here, where is the Osun versus SE GDP data? You think you can come here, make any claim and go unchallenged?
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 11:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
ketoprofen:

Abeg....

r u tellin me dat small owerri has more beta roads dan oshogbo,sit down in ur huse não keep showin us ao foolish u r by comparin imo wit a little GDP to osun,list 3 industry dat r located in owerri
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 11:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
ketoprofen:
U see, no skills n brains.
ur GDP gov borrowed money n looted them, ur incapable people got poor.
Instead of selling gala, they are scattered all over olaiya begging.
these are able bodied men n women o. many of osun people will stop u on the way to beg for money practically.
Y not sell gala? It destitutes are with u, not us.
GDP
omololu2020: u r a foolish person,we keep hearin ur parasite from d south east shoutin brown roof all d tym,yet u flat head keep troopin to d south west

Let us refrain from insults and discuss as mature minds

Others are learning even the politicians
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 11:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
EasternLeopard:

May I ask you

How many jobs have the middle class created or provided for their children.?

Dangote pays more tax which is a major component of IGR than 10 000 middle class people TRUE or FALSE.?

The refinery dangote plans to site in ondo state, will generate more in taxes than the tax paid by 10 000 middle class people TRUE or FALSE.?

Check the value of PAYE in comparison to total tax and you will know what i am talking about.

The middle class makes money to circulate within the economy and not the rich. The rich creates the wealth.

DO not look at the absolute figure Dangote is paying in taxes. Look at it in comparison with revenue and look at the taxes of the ordibnary people paying taxes in comparison with their revenue too. you will realise Dangote is enjoying a lot of waivers and tax holidays, that is making to pay lesser tax, thereby enriching him more.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 11:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
superstar1:

Keep to your 2by2 inches shop businesses and let others concentrate on theirs.

u don't even have shops. u beg.

n Easterners have far more middle class than u.
osun has more low class.
u have not said the tangible ventures that are in osun that makes u think its more productive than anambra

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure / President Buhari, United Nations Condemn Killing Of Aid Workers By ISWAP / APC Crisis: Court Asked To Nullify State Congresses, Dissolve Buni-Led Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.