Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Discrepancy In Estimated Date Of Delivery (EDD) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Discrepancy In Estimated Date Of Delivery (EDD) (2661 Views)

Can I Really Ask What's Your Expected Da̶̲̥̅ɣ Of Delivery / My Fear Of Delivery Is All Over! / My Fear Of Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discrepancy In Estimated Date Of Delivery (EDD) by ogene70: 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
hello Doctors,Nurses,Mummies and Papas, just this morning i and my wife went for pregnacy scan, the pregnacy is 32 weeks now and the previous EDD on the preious scan report was 22-09-2014 but we were both stormed when the Dr changed it to 14-10-2014, please what could be the reason for this? Also i am so worried because the Dr wrote in his report that * Discrepancy is noted between the BPD(8.7cm) and the FL(6.4cm) and AC(25.7cm). this may suggest asymetrical growht restriction* please does anyone have good interpretation of this medical language? as i cnt wait till thursday for Dr's explaination.
Thanks for your antecepated contributions.
Re: Discrepancy In Estimated Date Of Delivery (EDD) by Kanwulia: 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2014
You left a doctor's office to come and ask NL, WITHOUT A COMPLETE HISTORY? undecided
Why did you not ask the EXPERT?
You prefer the opinions of NOVICES abi?

Way to go! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Discrepancy In Estimated Date Of Delivery (EDD) by Tejusbabe: 9:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
I am neither a nurse nor a doctor but am a mother of two and now into my third pregnancy.
I had this same curiosity with my first pregnancy when the scan started giving different dates but my doctor explained that the scan would always give different EDD each time it is done and this are all likely dates baby may be born.
I never gave birth on any of the predicted dates anyway. My first baby came at 41wks while my second was 39wks.
Re: Discrepancy In Estimated Date Of Delivery (EDD) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
Kanwulia: You left a doctor's office to come and ask NL, WITHOUT A COMPLETE HISTORY? undecided
Why did you not ask the EXPERT?
You prefer the opinions of NOVICES abi?

Way to go! cheesy

I taya oo undecided
Re: Discrepancy In Estimated Date Of Delivery (EDD) by thorpido(m): 10:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
EDD may not always fall on the exact day given.It is usually a + or - thing(about 2 weeks).
The E in EDD stands for expected.It doesn't mean it will fall on that day.
BPD,FL and AC are used to estimate baby's weight and measure growth.When you see your doctor he will explain further.
Don't panic.
Re: Discrepancy In Estimated Date Of Delivery (EDD) by rofemiguwa(f): 12:42am On Aug 26, 2014
Normally the most accurate of ur scAn reports are donein the first semester, as the pregnancy developS it gets to the point wherE they baby jus matures most likely 3rd semsester den there will be tiny discrepancies in the EDD. However they are suppose to be within 2weeks of the First dAte.

Asymetric growth restriction means there are some kind of discrepancies in the growing rate of the baby.
From what u wrote the stomach region(AC) seems to be the issue.

However taking measurement. At that level requires some kind of expertise aS some certain struture has to be seen as landmarks. And scanning is largely objective. It dependS on the eXpertise and how much the person doing it knows and can see.

However don't panic yet. If your previous scan didn't indicate asymetry growth restriction.it is very possible that the doctor disnt take the measurement at the right point.

What I can suggest is go for a repeat scan else where to compare and pls go to reputable place
If possible go back to the same person that has bin scanning ur wife from the start.
That way there is a followup.
Asymetry isn't always diagnosed with just one scan.

Just relax when you see your doctor he wiLl help u understand better. He will probably send u for more test to confirm the growth of ur baby isn't being restricted.

But calm down the bpd and Fl are relatively within the normal range.

Goodluck and I wish ur wife safe delivery

1 Like

Re: Discrepancy In Estimated Date Of Delivery (EDD) by ogene70: 7:01am On Aug 26, 2014
Tejusbabe: I am neither a nurse nor a doctor but am a mother of two and now into my third pregnancy.
I had this same curiosity with my first pregnancy when the scan started giving different dates but my doctor explained that the scan would always give different EDD each time it is done and this are all likely dates baby may be born.
I never gave birth on any of the predicted dates anyway. My first baby came at 41wks while my second was 39wks.

thank you so much, i appreciate.
Re: Discrepancy In Estimated Date Of Delivery (EDD) by ogene70: 7:02am On Aug 26, 2014
thorpido: EDD may not always fall on the exact day given.It is usually a + or - thing(about 2 weeks).
The E in EDD stands for expected.It doesn't mean it will fall on that day.
BPD,FL and AC are used to estimate baby's weight and measure growth.When you see your doctor he will explain further.
Don't panic.

thank you so much, i appreciate .
Re: Discrepancy In Estimated Date Of Delivery (EDD) by ogene70: 7:04am On Aug 26, 2014
rofemiguwa: Normally the most accurate of ur scAn reports are donein the first semester, as the pregnancy developS it gets to the point wherE they baby jus matures most likely 3rd semsester den there will be tiny discrepancies in the EDD. However they are suppose to be within 2weeks of the First dAte.

Asymetric growth restriction means there are some kind of discrepancies in the growing rate of the baby.
From what u wrote the stomach region(AC) seems to be the issue.

However taking measurement. At that level requires some kind of expertise aS some certain struture has to be seen as landmarks. And scanning is largely objective. It dependS on the eXpertise and how much the person doing it knows and can see.

However don't panic yet. If your previous scan didn't indicate asymetry growth restriction.it is very possible that the doctor disnt take the measurement at the right point.

What I can suggest is go for a repeat scan else where to compare and pls go to reputable place
If possible go back to the same person that has bin scanning ur wife from the start.
That way there is a followup.
Asymetry isn't always diagnosed with just one scan.

Just relax when you see your doctor he wiLl help u understand better. He will probably send u for more test to confirm the growth of ur baby isn't being restricted.

But calm down the bpd and Fl are relatively within the normal range.

Goodluck and I wish ur wife safe delivery

God bless you for this extensive explaination, i was really worried as this is our first.

(1) (Reply)

Young Man Shared Nude Pictures Of Woman He Slept With - Photos / Serious Marital Issues In The USA / 24 Year Old Lady Being Forced To Have An Abortion Needs Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.