Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? (3764 Views)

Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? / No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg / Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by Misterpaul(m): 9:14pm On Aug 25, 2014
I noticed that there have been an "unusual" stability in electricity in my area in Shomolu and Gbagada area of Lagos for like one month now. A lot of my colleagues in the office have also observed the same thing in the various areas where they live.
I have not used my generator for once this month(August). Everybody in my area is now suspecting NEPA(phcn), because we know they must have ulterior motive for giving us "light" like this.

If you live in Lagos please let's know if your area is also experiencing the same thing or are we alone on this?.

9 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by yungEX(m): 9:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
Misterpaul: I noticed that there have been an "unusual" stability in electricity in my area in Shomolu and Gbagada area of Lagos for like one month now. A lot of my colleagues in the office have also observed the same thing in the various areas where they live.
I have not used my generator for once this month(August). Everybody in my area is now suspecting NEPA(phcn), because we know they must have ulterior motive for giving us "light" like this.

If you live in Lagos please let's know if your area is also experiencing the same thing or are we alone on this?.

The story is a lil bit diffrent in satelite town o bruh cos dey jus started last week & I been shocked we now get ova 18hrs of electricity

8 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by Etumgbe(m): 9:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
In Oyingbo for like two days now no blinking

9 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by freshness2020: 9:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
Maybe ♈όϋ are talking of τ̲̅ђe Lagos in Portugal but definitely not τ̲̅ђe one in, Nigeria !
BTW no light in my Area now!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by onosking(m): 9:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
Yeah,electricity has really improved in gbagada where I leave for over a month now...maybe is d fruit of privitization.
There's room for more improvement!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by Nosurrenda: 11:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
freshness2020: Maybe ♈όϋ are talking of τ̲̅ђe Lagos in Portugal but definitely not τ̲̅ђe one in, Nigeria !

Why was this news so shocking to you that you think the OP meant Lagos in Portugal? Which area do you live since you did not specified it in your reply?

I hope its not under the bridge (just joking)?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
Nepa dey try for my area sha. I guess its as a result of the cold weather. If you wanna know if Nepa is working or not,abeg wait make heat period start.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 26, 2014
berem: Nepa dey try for my area sha. I guess its as a result of the cold weather. If you wanna know if Nepa is working or not,abeg wait make heat period start.
GEJ till 2022
Fashola till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 26, 2014
CFCfan:
GEJ till 2022
Fashola till 2019
grin yeah GEJ till 2022 afterwhich Nigeria can disintegrate
Btw fashola will vacate that seat come 2015 and an igbo man will become governor!
Lagos is a no man's island

13 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by myola(m): 1:47am On Aug 26, 2014
constant in my area too (alimosho)

7 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by luvinhubby(m): 6:52am On Aug 26, 2014
Constant for area at Ebute-metta

7 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 26, 2014
It is month end for bills?.. grin
Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 26, 2014
Keneking: It is month end for bills?.. grin
Lolz! You sabi NEPA people wella! I am waiting for them to come for disconnection before this week runs out for me to give them their usual pocket money. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by shizzleStar: 7:26am On Aug 26, 2014
They have really improved in the past 1month there about

6 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by victorVIC1(m): 7:55am On Aug 26, 2014
For the 1st time in a long while Ireakari Estate Residents now av reasons to applaud Eko Electricty Distribution Company. I hope this long awaited development would be sustained till infinity?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by etenyong(m): 9:48am On Aug 26, 2014
As @ dis time (0946) dat i'm typing dis msg d light is still on. it has been like dis since sunday, no blink @ all. The light has really improve in dis part of Lagos.
May God bless GEJ.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by londoner: 10:11am On Aug 26, 2014
This is great news, I hope it continues and the same experience is recorded throughout Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by kolaaderin: 10:25am On Aug 26, 2014
Am never a PDP or GEJ fans and i would never be, a failure is a failure. He failed in the most primary aspect of a good governance.

To be honest, I took my Gen for repair for over a week now and am not even missing it.
We hope it will be kept that way for ever as i could now sleep peacefully without the unpleasant noise and have an extra 10 thousand naira in a week i can dash out to my relatives in need of it which are usually tied to Generator fueling and maintenance.

Meanwhile GEJ till 2015.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by Reptyle(m): 10:32am On Aug 26, 2014
yungEX:

The story is a lil bit diffrent in satelite town o bruh cos dey jus started last week & I been shocked we now get ova 18hrs of electricity

I testify that Satellite Town, Lagos has RADICALLY improved in the last one week. I have barely touched my supply of petrol purchased last week.

It is a fantastic development and I hope it continues. Highly commendable.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by Iluvberem: 10:33am On Aug 26, 2014
berem: Nepa dey try for my area sha. I guess its as a result of the cold weather. If you wanna know if Nepa is working or not,abeg wait make heat period start.

wink
Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by Collynzo15: 10:37am On Aug 26, 2014
Jonathan will not kill us with fresh air o!

11 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by ahaika23: 10:38am On Aug 26, 2014
Same improvement in where I stay in Eliozu, Port Harcourt. GEJ's administration is on course

3 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by OmichaelO: 11:17am On Aug 26, 2014
Very true!! Sabo yaba and Agege!!

3 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by charlesopp(m): 1:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
victorVIC1: For the 1st time in a long while Ireakari Estate Residents now av reasons to applaud Eko Electricty Distribution Company. I hope this long awaited development would be sustained till infinity?

i stay around there, the light has always been constant ever since i moved there since january... smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by victorVIC1(m): 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
charlesopp:

i stay around there, the light has always been constant ever since i moved there since january... smiley smiley
It depends on ur specific location...
Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by nigerianvenom(m): 2:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
freshness2020: Maybe ♈όϋ are talking of τ̲̅ђe Lagos in Portugal but definitely not τ̲̅ђe one in, Nigeria !

mention ur area.others are testifying of the improvement of power supply in their area.GEJ ado ok

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by nigerianvenom(m): 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2014

bad belle.why not attribute it to tinubu and buhari

2 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by ayindejimmy(m): 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
It's been constant in Festac town for the past 4 days. Lets hope it can b sustained.
I'm nt gonna praise them . Cos ones u do, thats when shits start happening.
But no lite as i'm typin now sha o.
Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by austinsmat(m): 2:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
the same in sabon gari kano, since four days now nepa are trying, i wish jonathan will solve this issue of light, if he do so he will get my vote

2 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by rasbaby(f): 2:48am On Aug 27, 2014
Same here too. Someone said its as a result of the cold weather but I say no to that.

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? by impromptu: 3:07am On Aug 27, 2014
I have been noticing this anyway. Again, I thought is always like that during the rainy seasons.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rabiu Kwankwaso Declares For 2015 Presidential Election / TAN Rally Happening In PH Right Now / Just Imagine What A PDP Governor Is Doing To His People [see Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.