Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,418 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? (20170 Views)

What Are The Names Of These Common Nigerian Delicacy Leaves In English? / What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy / How Do You Make Kulikuli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Feex: 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
Gone are the days when kulikuli used to be very common. It used to be my favourite delicacy. Eating it with chilled garri was the dream of every youth.
Now, with the emergency of big shopping malls and shawarma, Nigerian youths now prefer popcorn, spiced groundnut, ice cream, sharwama, etc sad

So sad cry

I dedicate this thread to the good old days of garri spiced with KULIKULI. yummy tongue

84 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Justeenaleo(f): 9:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
I want! sad

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Emmafrancis: 9:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
Our owN indigenous snack

2 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by talk2riel: 9:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
Last friday On transit from zaria to kaduna at jaji motor park I couldn't resist the urge. I bought #100 worth of kulikuli.

26 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by cardoso111(m): 9:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
In these days of aflatoxin etc......!
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by ITbomb(m): 9:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
You will live long.
A friend is planning on packaging it alongside his other products (plantain and potato chips) but he couldn't get someone who could prepare it well

10 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nostalgia21(m): 10:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
Oh...The good old kulikuli
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by DuchessLily(f): 10:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
Shawarma, ice-cream, popcorn etc can not stop me frm eating my kulikuli oo...there is tym for everything - tym for kulikuli and tym for †ђξ other stuffs...†ђξ belle can accommodate all hahahaha...I stay i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ђξ north so I always buy τ̲̅ȍ chew like dat, with chilled garri but †ђξ best n most delicious way τ̲̅ȍ eat kulikuli is with chilled-thick-bornvita and milk. Break †ђξ kulikuli into †ђξ thick mixture n eat with spoon. Try it and thank me later. wink hahaha

20 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
all dat calories tongue
DuchessLily: Shawarma, ice-cream, popcorn etc can not stop me frm eating my kulikuli oo...there is tym for everything - tym for kulikuli and tym for †ђξ other stuffs...†ђξ belle can accommodate all hahahaha...I stay i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ђξ north so I always buy τ̲̅ȍ chew like dat, with chilled garri but †ђξ best n most delicious way τ̲̅ȍ eat kulikuli is with chilled-thick-bornvita and milk. Break †ђξ kulikuli into †ђξ thick mixture n eat with spoon. Try it and thank me later. wink hahaha

3 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by DuchessLily(f): 10:36pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ladystewie: all dat calories tongue
U̶̲̥̅̊ will only think of †ђξ calories if U̶̲̥̅̊ r a lazy person. Workout/exercise! tongue. More over U̶̲̥̅̊ don't eat dem everyday..like. I said there is tym 4 everything cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by adamskutty(m): 10:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
Uhhmm. Kulikuli embarassed ;'(
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by MizMyColi(f): 10:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
Its still sold around where I live cool
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by barackodam: 10:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
I ate that thing last '09 when I was in Kwara.....havnt tasted till date.....na lag cause am
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by vicadex07(m): 11:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
What of the round one, koko or something...am not sure whether that's what it is called
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Bunchersstab(m): 11:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
Chewing my KULIKULI and watching u guys from a distance.
I stoped eating it at a time when i saw an old hausa woman preparing it. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
...lol...i take KK alot oo....cos i dont see any side effects atall.....i take it in sch alot....its sweet....i love dat cracking sound..
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
I thought it has gone extinct sef. Can't remember the last time I saw it.
When I saw it last sef ehn, I no even understand the shape dem mould am into where they were trying to modernize the shape.
I miss
-baba dudu
-tafili (is da d spelling)
-condex

4 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by AfricanApple(f): 11:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
kulikuli indeed, lol.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Tymax(m): 11:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
That thing is too hard! angry small time na mess sure pass. No nafdac, nothing! angry

13 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 25, 2014
Tymax: That thing is too hard! angry small time na mess sure pass. No nafdac, ntohing! angry
.....lwkmdfh ooo...
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 25, 2014
kulikuli my dear , e ve tey o cry used to be my favourite when I was little , school break snack.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by immortalvoices(m): 12:09am On Aug 26, 2014
now u make me hungry for it...those dried strong one

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by tbabstobadt(m): 12:16am On Aug 26, 2014
Makes me remember ''baba dudu''...our own candy bar!!

2 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Davidbanky(m): 1:20am On Aug 26, 2014
Kachisbarbie: I thought it has gone extinct sef. Can't remember the last time I saw it.
When I saw it last sef ehn, I no even understand the shape dem mould am into where they were trying to modernize the shape.
I miss
-baba dudu
-condex

Tanfiri I suppose, I eat nonsense in kulikuli,and this drink that they put ice-block, hmmm pito, damn those things were everything then!

3 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Davidbanky(m): 1:25am On Aug 26, 2014
Kachisbarbie: I thought it has gone extinct sef. Can't remember the last time I saw it.
I miss
-baba dudu
-condex

My only problem is out naming, imagine the white would have called kulikuli = cheese, but we chose an ugly name so they assume it's a poor mans food, baba dudu, zobo, kunu, all are just terrible names... Hahaha

6 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Jeanfortune(f): 5:13am On Aug 26, 2014
vicadex07: What of the round one, koko or something...am not sure whether that's what it is called
yes o, those round(sometimes shapeless) ones, doesnt look like the OP's, OP, urs look like imported kulikuli
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Idowuogbo(f): 5:58am On Aug 26, 2014
Dat shyte is hard mehn embarassed
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by nairaman66(m): 6:33am On Aug 26, 2014
It is dying a natural death! grin
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Firefire(m): 6:33am On Aug 26, 2014
smiley

Kuli-kuli is a Nupe/Hausa product that is primarily made from peanuts. It is a popular snack in Nigeria. It is often eaten alone or with a mixture of garri, sugar and water...

Kulikuli alata... chai, missing.

14 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by holyboss: 6:34am On Aug 26, 2014
You call it kulikuli, I call it kuleeeeeee grin

Yum yum! I love that snacks ( expecially d robust hard ones)... grin

Btw, any kulikuli seller on NL? shocked

4 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by lirusehn(m): 6:34am On Aug 26, 2014
it causes Pimples undecided

7 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by natureblack(m): 6:34am On Aug 26, 2014
Hmnmmn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? / What's That Food You Cannot Do Without Eating? / I'm Addicted To Eating Biscuits!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.