Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire (18277 Views)

Facts All US Citizens Need To Know About Israel And Palestine / The Difference Between Isreal And Palestine(pics) / Your Views On Israel And Palestine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by aurorae: 8:47am On Aug 28, 2014
datribune:

U ar grossly mistaken. Hamas did not kidnap d 3 illegal settlers. d Israelis hav accepted dat it was not hamas but a "lone cell" not under orders frm hamas. Dude, d illegal settlers were not even kidnapped in gaza but in d west bank, an area dat is not controlled by hamas. d truth is dat Satanyahu was unhappy wit d new found unity between fatah & hamas & merely used d series of events dat followed d kidnap to go after hamas. He even lied about d kidnap of d IDF soldier Hadar Goldin, in order to keep on killing innocent people.
Hamas is democratically elected & cares about their citizens & d citizens care about them. Gazans ar totally united in their resistance to d occupation & hamas is d resistance. d people ar focussed on d big picture - their liberation, that's why inspite of d losses they've suffered u do not see any demonstrations against hamas?. d demonstrations ar all against d occupation & wit their resolve just as it happened in apartheid south africa, dis people will be free.

I get this too.all these cases are isolated events ur mentioning what about cases we were never told about those u never saw.through this war we really only saw issues from the point of the gazans,were we informed about the plight of the Israelis especially those close to gaza no matter how minute?
I do not fault the gazan people on their demonstration of their needs and wants, but what the gazans see as a fight for liberation the IDF sees as one for aggression and judging by past actions from hamas which by the way does not truly express the wishes of its people, they have every reason to feel that way.
I'm pretty sure if it were Nigeria we would feel really different on this issue. I wish people would look at it from both sides.
oh and I'ma girl not dude.

1 Like

Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 28, 2014
EMANY01:

If anything only when the Israelis made it clear to the Americans that if got overrun by the Arabs,they will nuke their capitals did the US change its neutral stance.The won the war before bulk of the support shipments arrived.
The off shot of that way is why the US now has massive arms storage facility in Israel.
LOL. And you know this, how? Guess you must have been a member of Isreali Parliament.
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by datribune: 10:04am On Aug 28, 2014
EMANY01:

Yes and Netanyahu whipped his ass like the sissy he and his boss (Obama) are telling them not to second guess him again.
The Israelis know a threat when the see one and are resolved to do WHATEVER IS NECESSARY TO ELIMINATE those threats.
The CURRENT American government pussyfoot and vacillate until they have a problem as big as Isis caused by their inaction.

d bolded is a dumb & misguided statement. Israel has as its leader Benjamin Netanyahu, a rightwing zionist exremist who is motivated by fear & fury & is too dumb to see d reality of what he is doing. Netanyahu's actions ar utterly self-defeating & will never give Israel security. In trying to crush today's enemy, Netanyahu is helping to rear d enemy of tomorrow. For every one of those gazan children whose life has been broken by pain & bloodshed will surely grow up wit a heart hardened against israel, some of them bent on revenge. d only real security is political, not military. It comes through negotiation, not artillery fire. Netanyahu & his extreme zionist rightwing govt continues working against peace by frustrating even its closest ally, d USA in its effort to bring about peace thru d long-agreed 2 state solution by building settlements non-stop on Palestinian land.
Pls be clear. it is naive & unfair to compare d palestinian struggle wit d senseless ISIS carnage. d palestinian struggle is a militant resistance against a rogue-state dat continues to defy world opinion wit its occupation, dispossesion, expulsion & denial of rights of d palestinian people.
In John Kerry & President Obama d USA is blessed wit a wise & cautious leadership. dis is rightly so after d lessons of d George Bush years & d American misadventure in Iraq & Afghanistan.
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by kernel504(m): 1:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
doffman:
See d evidence here below:
http://edition.presstv.ir/mobile/detail.aspx?id=376726

Israel says Hamas 'hit hard' in Gaza fighting
PM Netanyahu speaks about truce amid criticism at home that offensive has done little to rein in Palestinian group.
Last updated:28 Aug 2014 11:27

Israel has made its first official statement over the ceasefire it signed with Hamas, saying the Palestinian group that runs Gaza has been dealt a major blow and that it did not receive any of the demands it had made.
In comments delivered in a prime-time address on national television, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday said that "Hamas was hit hard," adding that Israel "didn't agree to accept any of Hamas' demands" under the Egyptian-brokered ceasefire deal.
"The ceasefire was achieved without any of the terms being given," Netanyahu said, before reeling off key demands Hamas had made but were not accepted, including reopening the seaport and airport and removing restrictions on the movement of the people of Gaza.
He said tunnels and the infrastructure Hamas had built over the years had been destroyed and that ground forces were deployed for that reason, adding that Israeli forces had been withdrawn to prevent kidnapping by Hamas fighters.
Netanyahu's comments came amid criticism over his handling of the seven-week military operation that has killed more than 2,200 people. Israel lost 64 soldiers and six civilians.
Both hard-liners in his governing coalition, as well as residents of rocket-scarred southern Israel, have said the war was a failure because it did not halt Hamas' rocket attacks or remove the group from power.
The ambiguous ceasefire delivered an immediate halt in the fighting and has promised an easing of Israel's blockade of Gaza to allow humanitarian aid and construction goods to enter for the rebuilding of the territory.
All goods are to go in under international supervision.
Israeli blockade
Hamas' key demands are only to be addressed in a future round of talks expected next month in Cairo, the Associated Press news agency said.
It is seeking an end to the Israeli blockade, including the reopening of Gaza's sea and airport. It also wants Egypt to reopen its Rafah border crossing, the territory's main gateway to the outside world. Israel, meanwhile, wants Hamas to be disarmed.

From Aljazeera.com
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by SurePresident: 2:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
EternalBeing:
Are u kidding me?! So, u didn't knnow?! Pls, stop showing your pathological ignorance in public forum. One of Hamas topmen made a comment few days ago that they wouldn't have held on beyound few hours if not for the whole muslim nations that are solidly behind them. Among other nations, Iran constantly supplies the heavy long range missiles and artileries; bilions and trillions of funds pour into hamas from big muslim nations and even from your big northern politicians in NIgerian.
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by SurePresident: 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
Israel is being to considerate for heartless people that bitterly hate them. Obviously, all Palestinians are in full support of hamas' thirst for Israeli's blood. Hamas fired heavy long rage destructive ballistic missiles at highly populous civilian areas of Israel, if not for the IDD System, thousands Israeli women and Children would have been killed. Why did Israel always dropped leaflets to warn civilians to leave before bombing hamas hideouts?! That always make hamas to escape and regroup for more evil. Israel!!! What is what doing at all is worth doing very well. Next time, Israel should apply equal level of hatred that the Palestinians have for Israelis. Next time, bomb them without warning, yes hundred of thousands would die. It would have brought a quick end to the war and teach hamas and Palestinians a lesson never to try Israel again, never!
EMANY01:
You know you lied here.Hamas killed those boys don't pretend like you do not know that even Hamas has confessed to the killings.

1 Like

Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by liongirl: 9:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
Palestine remember thou shall not fight the God of Isreal. Or?
tola9ja:
A long-term truce in Gaza has been agreed with Israel,
Palestine President Mahmoud Abbas said. The ceasefire
announced by Egypt came into effect at 16:00 GMT with
almost immediate reports of warning sirens going off in
southern Israel.

“ We have responded to the Egyptian proposal for a complete and comprehensive cease-fire, which
starts at 19:00 Cairo time ,” Palestinian President, Mahmoud Abbas, stated. "There will be a
complete stop in fighting."

A senior Israeli official confirmed to Reuters that Israel had accepted the Egyptian proposal for a
" for a complete and unlimited-in-time ceasefire" Gaza ceasefire.

"Israel accepted already the Egyptian proposal on July 15. Israel has always supported an
unconditional, open-ended ceasefire," the anonymous official told the agency.

Celebratory gunfire rang through Gaza shortly after 7pm as thousands flocked to the streets in
celebration.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28939350
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by tola9ja: 11:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
liongirl: Palestine remember thou shall not fight the God of Isreal. Or?
WHO ARE THE GOD OF ISREAL? DID THE WORLD AT LARGE HAVE DIFFERENT GOD??
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by afrikanns: 1:32am On Aug 29, 2014
EMANY01:

Yeah congratulations to the Palestinians who claim victory after loosing some 2000 people and 40% of their infrastructure.
If this is how wars are won I forever want to be on the loosing side.
You people are not that bright.
Dude, you don't really get it,with the noise about how powerful the isrealis are they couldn't even achieve their mission fully.
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by delishpot: 2:46am On Aug 29, 2014
datribune:

The The level of ignorance in ur post is
amazing. The word "Jew" in d bible means a resident of the land of Judaea regardless of their tribe, race or religion just as an Australian or Englishman may in fact be a Chinese or an Eskimo, or perhaps a member of the tribe of Judah. d gullible think dis settler nation of zionists who fled frm Europe & took
Palestinian lands ar d children of God & ar therefore indigenous to Palestine. Ha-ha -ha ha. They ar Europeans & their indigenous land is in Europe. Ask them to tell u d village they came frm in Palestine & they can't. They ar settlers & ar still settling on stolen lands wit support frm d gullible.

So, where was Isreal in the bible located? Abeg bros, you can talk anything but biko abeg dont say jews are originaly Europeans abeg nor vex. The jews Migrated to europe but they aint originaly from Europe.
Jews were jewish people, its a faith not a region. Just as we have muslims, christians and budhists so do we have jews. not every one that lived in judea was a jew, there were gentiles among them.
Ok, going by your logic, where was judea located?

Biko, world people should help me locate the ancestral home land of the jews/Isreal abeg. And lets move them there make we rest for this war and bloodshed jare.

Like I said before, if war drives Nigerians or children of Nigerian origin from Europe, they sha can retrace themselves and come back home, even if they were not born here. So biko, where the other jews/Isrealites wey no dey europe? Those ones wey remain for their homeland, abi dem want tell me say isreal no exist at all at all before world war 2 ni abi were the istralites squating with palestines since bible times ni?
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by datribune: 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
delishpot:

So, where was Isreal in the bible located? Abeg bros, you can talk anything but biko abeg dont say jews are originaly Europeans abeg nor vex. The jews Migrated to europe but they aint originaly from Europe.
Jews were jewish people, its a faith not a region. Just as we have muslims, christians and budhists so do we have jews. not every one that lived in judea was a jew, there were gentiles among them.
Ok, going by your logic, where was judea located?

Biko, world people should help me locate the ancestral home land of the jews/Isreal abeg. And lets move them there make we rest for this war and bloodshed jare.

Like I said before, if war drives Nigerians or children of Nigerian origin from Europe, they sha can retrace themselves and come back home, even if they were not born here. So biko, where the other jews/Isrealites wey no dey europe? Those ones wey remain for their homeland, abi dem want tell me say isreal no exist at all at all before world war 2 ni abi were the istralites squating with palestines since bible times ni?

Don't get it twisted. Of course Israel existed b4 d second world war. They hav a right to exist even today but it must be within d borders of Israel. What d world thru d UN condemns is their expansionism beyond their borders. Europeans whose lineage is in Europe but converted to Judaism (European Jews) can not continue to settle down on & illegally occupy & build settlements on lands of d future state of Palestine. d UN-brokered 2-state solution is d only way for peace. It is not rocket science to see dat Israel under Netanyahu is not interested in peace. As long as dis settlers continue to build on lands of d future state of Palestine there will be no 2-states & therefore no peace.
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by delishpot: 11:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
datribune:

Don't get it twisted. Of course Israel existed b4 d second world war. They hav a right to exist even today but it must be within d borders of Israel. What d world thru d UN condemns is their expansionism beyond their borders. Europeans whose lineage is in Europe but converted to Judaism (European Jews) can not continue to settle down on & illegally occupy & build settlements on lands of d future state of Palestine. d UN-brokered 2-state solution is d only way for peace. It is not rocket science to see dat Israel under Netanyahu is not interested in peace. As long as dis settlers continue to build on lands of d future state of Palestine there will be no 2-states & therefore no peace.

ok. I for don fear na, when people don dey say jews originate from europe and israel no get land for middle east. i come dey wonder say na which Israel Jesus dey shout for bible since. Ok now I feel say the wahala be say Isreal don over measure land and cross boundary. any which way, I thank them both for the cease fire. make blood stop to flow das all i want.
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by datribune: 9:33am On Aug 30, 2014
delishpot:

ok. I for don fear na, when people don dey say jews originate from europe and israel no get land for middle east. i come dey wonder say na which Israel Jesus dey shout for bible since. Ok now I feel say the wahala be say Isreal don over measure land and cross boundary. any which way, I thank them both for the cease fire. make blood stop to flow das all i want.

Hahaha lol #peace. Best regards.
Re: Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire by aurenflani: 10:15am On Aug 31, 2014
kernel504:

America didn't give Israel lethal aid during 6 day war.
Here you are shouting down on America and Israeli government.
1. Is it right for 8 Arabian countries to fight a country without any cause ?
2. If America and 7 other European countries rise against an Arabian state, how will you feel?
3. Can you say authoritatively that Boko Haram are fighting a just cause?

Sorry u lost me in no.3?!!! What's the connection or similarities?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jamal Khashoggi's murder: Saudi Leader Immune From Prosecution, US Tells Court / Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime / Ghana’s President Fires Communication Director Over Speech plagiarism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.