Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Which Of These Faith Types Works For You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Of These Faith Types Works For You (928 Views)

The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Living Faith Church Is 30 / I Was Lucky To Get Some Black Magic From My Friends Village And It Works For Rea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Faith Types Works For You by bambuzz88: 8:42pm On Aug 26, 2014
Scientists often dismiss faith, but they have as much faith as any religious person. A scientist has faith that the sun will rise in the morning, that gravity will pull a book to the floor when dropped, and that aerodynamics will keep them in the air when flying on a plane. keeping a neutral perspective for i really do dislike hypocrisy, and Why do religious people accept faith when it comes from science,in the name consumerism, AND USing scientific products IN PROPAGATING AND BASHING THOSE THAT DONT GIVE A DAMN THAT their faith comes from religion? AND Which Of These Faith Types Works For Your reality

Re: Which Of These Faith Types Works For You by emmyskies(m): 8:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
Eyes that will be open yet can't see; bridge that will lead to ...
It is not the wish of the Almighty that a single soul shoul perish...yet they are turned to their own ways

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Faith Types Works For You by thorobread: 9:12pm On Aug 26, 2014
emmyskies: Eyes that will be open yet can't see; bridge that will lead to ...
It is not the wish of the Almighty that a single soul shoul perish...yet they are turned to their own ways

Re: Which Of These Faith Types Works For You by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
bambuzz88:
religious person. A scientist has faith that the sun will rise
in the morning, that gravity will pull a book to the floor when
dropped, and that aerodynamics will keep them in the air
when flying on a plane

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Faith Types Works For You by bambuzz88: 9:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
Apatheist: ..

i see that only lies demand blief, truth doesnt cool

Confidence does not make a prediction. Confidence dismisses the notion of prediction and jumps to a conclusion and assumes it will arrive as a desirable outcome. That outcome is not defined other than as a context of positive or negative. It will happen or it won't, or it won't change. Confidence is more a state of commitment rather than a modifier to an act.

Faith makes a clear assertion as to where an object will arrive and how it will respond to a specific action. It does, however, dismiss alternatives, and assumes that because a thing happened it must happen for the predicted cause - resulting in confidence. Human do use this tool neurologically all the time. It cuts down on the energy requirements our brain uses in tracking a target in minute detail. After we've observed a behaviour a few times, we assume it will always be there. That's a kind of faith. If we imagine it's how a thing works several times, then it's as good to us as having observed it. That's why it is so often exploited by religion - they're taking advantage of the flaw like hackers getting into internet explorer.

True Predictive Analysis uses neither confidence (outside the statistical term) nor faith, and that is the fallacy. It just means no one in this argument has ever actually been in a lab and ''smelled the formaldehyde'' as I like to call it. They've never sat by a cyclotron and waited for it to finish spin up and down. They've never sat by a spectrograph and been baffled by the chromatography. They've probably never sat on a hilltop and tried to predict how a cloud would change over time and draw the results. This kind of thinking requires a very, very high energy use, and it's why humans don't do it, and don't want to. We're trying to conserve energy as a basic impulse, and unless we're getting chased by a lion, it isn't an instinctual way of thinking.

We, as scientists, are the weirdos. We waste energy, we obsess over detail. To argue that religion is a disease is for one asylum mate to turn to the other and say, ''you're crazy.''

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Faith Types Works For You by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
emmyskies: Eyes that will be open yet can't see; bridge that will lead to ...
and dont be surprise if i tell u that they were once christians like u and had experienced salvation and sanctification but along the wayside they fell from the grace. Thats y u see most of them well gifted in bible verses
Re: Which Of These Faith Types Works For You by bambuzz88: 10:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
ProphetUdeme: and dont be surprise if i tell u that they were once christians like u and had experienced salvation and sanctification but along the wayside they fell from the grace. Thats y u see most of them well gifted in bible verses

dont be such an hypocrite, express your point clearly........are you saying i should believed in your theology containing 100% dogma and yet believed in those that made life easy for us by questioning facts you are to fearful and lazy to question

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Faith Types Works For You by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
bambuzz88:

dont be such an hypocrite, express your point clearly........are you saying i should believed in your theology containing 100% dogma and yet believed in those that made life easy for us by questioning facts you are to fearful and lazy to question

ur post is thrash, pointless, absuurd, weird and totally out of point.. I noe get time to reprove u
Re: Which Of These Faith Types Works For You by Lucario007(m): 10:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
I'm pretty sure Apathiest has said it all.

But just for giggles.....

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Faith Types Works For You by bambuzz88: 12:34am On Aug 27, 2014
ProphetUdeme: ur post is thrash, pointless, absuurd, weird and totally out of point.. I noe get time to reprove u
my post could be pointless if you do not apply critical thinking in a higher perspective which is an essential tool here in dissecting the facts and opinion before us

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Faith Types Works For You by emmyskies(m): 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
ProphetUdeme: and dont be surprise if i tell u that they were once christians like u and had experienced salvation and sanctification but along the wayside they fell from the grace. Thats y u see most of them well gifted in bible verses
You could imagine. Which is a very bad thing to do. I really feel for them:
"For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them." (2 Peter 2:21)

Because

"And that servant, which knew his lord’s will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. " (Luke 12:47)
Re: Which Of These Faith Types Works For You by bambuzz88: 12:27am On Aug 28, 2014
emmyskies:
You could imagine. Which is a very bad thing to do. I really feel for them:
"For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them." (2 Peter 2:21)

Because

"And that servant, which knew his lord’s will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. " (Luke 12:47)

heyy all y'all faaggots and close-minded bigots should create a thread for your dogmatic quotes sad, for i see you know not that you re hypocritic, reserve this space for ladies and gents that still retain the rare ability to utilize their Gods-given brain cells sad

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Faith Types Works For You by emmyskies(m): 5:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
bambuzz88:

heyy all y'all faaggots and close-minded bigots should create a thread for your dogmatic quotes sad, for i see you know not that you re hypocritic, reserve this space for ladies and gents that still retain the rare ability to utilize their Gods-given brain cells sad

We will all live to tell the story in eternity. Think about the end of your life girl. I'll do same. We're mere dust...what is life! Pathetic...we will live in eternity to tell the story. We will...we will..........
Re: Which Of These Faith Types Works For You by emmyskies(m): 5:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
bambuzz88:

(1) (Reply)

Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? / ‘heaven On Earth’…the New Greeting By Winners Chapel Members / Divine Royalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.