Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Health Advice: Doctors Online - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Advice: Doctors Online (65200 Views)

Consult Nigerian Doctors Online / Health Advice; Doctors Pleeeeaaassse! / Health Is Wealth: Health Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Skybright227: 5:45pm On Sep 22, 2014
thanks so much![quote
author=Marc9] A worm-like movement in your tummy(abdominal region)
could likely be flatulence, or perhaps borborygmus(fluid movement). Well
I can't be precise on that. Why not see an MD in person?! [/quote]pls what causes the fluid movement??i went for blood mcs and nothing was found and i felt like going for another tx incase of toilet infection(but could infection make movement like that??)just confused!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
Skybright227: thanks so much!pls what causes the fluid movement??i went for blood mcs and nothing was found and i felt like going for another tx incase of toilet infection(but could infection make movement like that??)just confused!
Well, borborygmus is caused by dyspepsia(indigestion), and so on. Also, G.I.T infections like enteritis or colitis could give a moving-sensation in the bowel. Again, an increased growth or activities of Gut florae could result in such moving-sensation. But seriously, I found it hard to believe you've never had an intestinal/colon cleansing before. You really need to cleanse your colon then!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
I seriously don't understand why most of our healthcare facilities are manned by incompetent people who either wrongfully diagnose or interpret test results.
My aunt called not quite long, with a sober voice, telling me she went for uterine U.S.S after she observed some light haemorrhage and got scared she's having miscarriage. The MLS or whoever interpreted the scan result said the 12weeks old foetus is not breathing, that she needs to call in for Evacuation. Can you just imagine? I wonder when a 10wks old developing foetus started using its lungs to breathe, when the essence of the breathing-like movement is to ensure the lungs are developing, rather than obtaining oxygen. The foetus obtains all the nutrients and oxygen it needs through the placenta.
Please, expectant mother who are already in their first trimester and observing some light bleeding should not fret. Some pregnant women do observe v*ginal bleeding or spotting at the beginning of their first trimester. It's not a cause for alarm. Just visit your Gynaecologist.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
It's always better to seek second or third opinion before making decisions on initial diagnoses.

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 02, 2014
It has always been advised that people should not drink before or while driving. Alcohol is readily absorbed into the blood which causes many functional impairment like impaired reasoning, impaired vision while driving, impaired concentration and so on.
Life has no duplicate. We're humans, not pussy cats. Let's try to do the right things in order to save not just our lives, but the lives of innocent people.

The pictures below are rare cases of survival of drunk-drive accident victims

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 02, 2014
Don't drink(alcohol) and drive!

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 06, 2014
Marc9:
Home whitening kits
How do we get one of this? From which country, The price and procedure?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 06, 2014
Ryder306:

How do we get one of this? From which country, The price and procedure?
There's are some distributors here in Nigeria, Lagos and Abuja precisely. The price varies with the kind of tooth/teeth whitening kits. Some kits cost £17, while permanent tooth/teeth whiteners cost between £100 to £400.

In case you can't afford any of those, you can as well have your teeth whitened by 'Scale and Polish(S&P)' procedure. Visit any good oral hygienist/dentist to have that done. You can have it done as low as N3000!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Kasykel(f): 11:17am On Oct 07, 2014
I saw my august period onli to do a pt late sept which turned out positive so i went to a pharmacist who injected me and gave me 4 cytotec tabs. Swallowed 2 and inserted d remainin. I had light thick bleeding just that nyt. After 2 days of no blood i went back to him and he gave me 4 tabs again. Still nothing. He then gave me quinine injection and anoda drug. My worrry now is the bleeding. After how many days does it become abnormal? Any suggestion on how to stop it?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
Kasykel:
I saw my august period onli to do a pt late sept which turned out positive so i went to a pharmacist who injected me and gave me 4 cytotec tabs. Swallowed 2 and inserted d remainin. I had light thick bleeding just that nyt. After 2 days of no blood i went back to him and he gave me 4 tabs again. Still nothing. He then gave me quinine injection and anoda drug. My worrry now is the bleeding. After how many days does it become abnormal? Any suggestion on how to stop it?
First of all, I think that drug store attendant loaded u with all kinds of unapproved abortifacients. The Inj he administered was likely oxytocin, which isn't indicated for 'AB', rather is used for induction in cases of post-term, and also in the treatment of PPH(Post-Partum Haemorrhage). The cytotec is also not a recommended drug for AB. Its primary indication is in the treatment of peptic ulcer instigated by the excess use of NSAID. But just that the drug is contra-indicated in pregnancy. But it doesn't make it a full indication for AB! Quinine also is not also indicated for AB, it's just contra-indicated.

Let me ask, hw many weeks gravid(preg) were u b4 u went to take the inj? Also, the over-dose he gave u cld result to hormonal distortion. But please reply me the number of weeks the gravida was b4 u went to the patent drug store.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Kasykel(f): 3:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
Marc9:
First of all, I think that drug store attendant should be arrested for administering drugs illegally without licensing. I doubt he's a licensed pharmacist, and even if he is, pharmacists are not licensed to administer treatment, rather they are trained and licensed to produce or dispense drugs.

This dude loaded u with all kinds of unproved abortifacients. The Inj he administered was likely oxytocin, which isn't indicated for 'AB', rather is used for induction in cases of post-term, and also in the treatment of PPH(Post-Partum Haemorrhage). The cytotec is also not a recommended drug for AB. Its primary indication is in the treatment of peptic ulcer instigated by the excess use of NSAID. But just that the drug is contra-indicated in pregnancy. But it doesn't make it a full indication for AB! Quinine also is not also indicated for AB, it's just contra-indicated.

Let me ask, hw many weeks gravid(preg) were u b4 u went to take the inj? Also, the over-dose he gave u cld result to hormonal distortion. But please reply me the number of weeks the gravida was b4 u went to the patent drug store.
5 weeks
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 07, 2014
Kasykel:
5 weeks
Okay.

And concerning the bleeding, it should stop soonest. But u can go buy calcium tabs, it's OTC drug, u don't need Rx order to get it. Take the calcium 2tabs 2 or 3times daily to help aid clotting, and stop the bleeding. Also, u can get blood builders which contain folate, vitamin B12, vitamin C, and Iron supplement, because the loss of blood could result in anaemia. If the bleeding persists or becomes profuse, then you may need to see a Gynaecologist!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
At the beginning of this thread, I took time out to talk about menstruation and related issues. I talked about ladies taking time to learn and understand their menstrual cycles, their ovulation periods, and some symptoms related to Pre-Menstrual Syndrome. When ladies do that, they get to have full knowledge and control on how to avoid unwanted Cyesis(pregnancy).
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
Seriously, the outright thing to find in the bags of sexually active single ladies is 'CONDOM'!

Between the man and the woman, the condom is more beneficial to the woman than the man. The worst the man can come down with is STI and impromptu responsibility. The worst the woman can come down with is Pregnancy, STI, family wrath, societal reproach, career halt, and even rejection!

It's not a big deal for ladies to stop by at pharmacies and buy some packets of condom and keep in their bags. If some ladies do keep undies, foot-wears, and even nails in their bags, what stops the ladies from keeping packs in their bags?

Unlike the Sea horse in which the males bear the pregnancy, the female humans are the ones to bear the risk of unprotected sex. So would it be a bad idea to throw a sachet of latex at him and insist he uses it or he waits for the right time?!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Kasykel(f): 9:38pm On Oct 07, 2014
Thank you very much. Pls does the calcium tabs have a brand name? Or do i just say calcium tabs? Can i take ibrupofen for the pains?
Marc9:
Okay.

And concerning the bleeding, it should stop soonest. But u can go buy calcium tabs, it's OTC drug, u don't need Rx order to get it. Take the calcium 2tabs 2 or 3times daily to help aid clotting, and stop the bleeding. Also, u can get blood builders which contain folate, vitamin B12, vitamin C, and Iron supplement, because the loss of blood could result in anaemia. If the bleeding persists or becomes profuse, then you may need to see a Gynaecologist!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 07, 2014
Kasykel:
Thank you very much. Pls does the calcium tabs have a brand name? Or do i just say calcium tabs? Can i take ibrupofen for the pains?
Ask for Calcimax brand, it comes in 6 tabs X 5 sachets! Well, rather than take ibuprofen, u cld take diclofenac 50mg(potassium base, in case u're ulcerated). Take 2tabs to relieve the painful contraction.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 08, 2014
For ladies with average menstrual cycle of 28days, ovulation is always at the 14th day from the start of menstruation. The fertile period begins from 11th to 16th day of the cycle.

Due to the fact that nature designed females to feel estrus(Hot) during their fertile periods, most ladies tend to have little control of themselves, and find it hard to resist sexual advancement made by their male partners, thus giving in to sex lustfully.

Ladies should learn to chart their menstrual cycles in order to help them avoid meeting their male partners during the estrus period(for ladies who aren't ready to bear pregnancies)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by TCF1980(m): 7:51am On Oct 08, 2014
Marc9:
For ladies with average menstrual cycle of 28days, ovulation is always at the 14th day from the start of menstruation. The fertile period begins from 11th to 16th day of the cycle.

Due to the fact that nature designed females to feel estrus(Hot) during their fertile periods, most ladies tend to have little control of themselves, and find it hard to resist sexual advancement made by their male partners, thus giving in to sex lustfully.

Ladies should learn to chart their menstrual cycles in order to help them avoid meeting their male partners during the estrus period(for ladies who aren't ready to bear pregnancies)

@Marc9.

How can a lady know if she is actually ovulating and can a non-ovulating lady menstruate? I don't mean someone in menopausal stage.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 08, 2014
TCF1980:

@Marc9.

How can a lady know if she is actually ovulating and can a non-ovulating lady menstruate? I don't mean someone in menopausal stage.
There are some signs that present ovulation. At the peak of ovulation, most ladies begin to observe clear and stretchy vag*nal discharge, with some associated signs like elevated body temperature(slightly above 37'degree), with sexu*l arousal. In some cases, abdominal pain, and bre*st tenderness.

For anovulation ladies, menstruation would cease because the hormones responsible for ovulation(FSH and LH) control the secretion of estrogen and progesterone which are the hormones responsible for uterine lining development(endometrium) and it's shedding. When a lady is not ovulating, it means there's an inhibition in FSH/LH secretion. And with FSH/LH inhibition, estrogen and progesterone secretion would also be inhibited!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by TCF1980(m): 8:24am On Oct 08, 2014
Marc9:
There are some signs that present ovulation. At the peak of ovulation, most ladies begin to observe clear and stretchy vag*nal discharge, with some associated signs like elevated body temperature(slightly above 37'degree), with sexu*l arousal. In some cases, abdominal pain, and breast tenderness.

For anovulation ladies, menstruation would cease because the hormones responsible for ovulation(FSH and LH) control the secretion of estrogen and progesterone which are the hormones responsible for uterine lining development(endometrium) and it's shedding. When a lady is not ovulation, it means there's an inhibition in FSH/LH secretion. And with FSH/LH inhibition, estrogen and progesterone secretion would also be inhibited!

@Marc9. Implying that whoever experiences menstruation ovulates at the appropriate time based on her cycle right? Outside the vag*nal discharge, any other tool (technology wise) to pinpoint the exact ovulation date or time? Don't mean peeing sticks... heard about temping yesterday, how is it done and what is the degree of accuracy?

Thanks.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 08, 2014
TCF1980:

@Marc9. Implying that whoever experiences menstruation ovulates at the appropriate time based on her cycle right? Outside the vag*nal discharge, any other tool (technology wise) to pinpoint the exact ovulation date or time? Don't mean peeing sticks... heard about temping yesterday, how is it done and what is the degree of accuracy?

Thanks.
Yes! Whoever experinces regular menstruation ovulates, except in the case of hormonal distortion from abusive use of OHC.

Regarding your second question, yes! There are are some kits that help pinpoint ovulation. There are basal thermometers that help check body temperature for possible elevation. The thermometer is used between the 11th to 16th day from the start of menstruation. The day the thermometer records elevated temperature, that is an indication of ovulation, although other factors could contribute to temperature rise like fever and stress. So basal temperature reading is not always accurate

The predictor kits are not 100% accurate as well, but are used with other ovulation signs identification like the basal thermometers in getting a precise/accurate result.

But the most obvious and accurate sign is the 'clear and stretchy mucus' that discharges from the v*gina on the day of ovulation. Ideally, the couple is expected to indulge in s*x on that day, and continue with the act for three or more days.

1 Like

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Kasykel(f): 9:21am On Oct 08, 2014
Thank you very much. I did anoda Pt yestaday and the positive line showed faintly. Shud i be worried.
Marc9:
Ask for Calcimax brand, it comes in 6 tabs X 5 sachets! Well, rather than take ibuprofen, u cld take diclofenac 50mg(potassium base, in case u're ulcerated). Take 2tabs to relieve the painful contraction.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 08, 2014
Kasykel:
Thank you very much. I did anoda Pt yestaday and the positive line showed faintly. Shud i be worried.
Are u on BBM? Or whatsapp?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Chamber10(m): 9:36am On Oct 08, 2014
@Marc9:
My mum who is in her late 70's has been battling with severe headache at night. It usually start around 1am through 4am causing her not to sleep. Each time we go to hospital or lab, they will diagnose malaria or typhoid. After taking prescribed drugs, the headache will subside but resumes after days. Her BP is normal at different checks within the time she experiences the headache. In fact, I don't know what else to treat or drugs to buy. This has been on for about 2 years now. Please whats your advice? Thanks in advance.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 08, 2014
Chamber10:
@Marc9:
My mum who is in her late 70's has been battling with severe headache at night. It usually start around 1am through 4am causing her not to sleep. Each time we go to hospital or lab, they will diagnose malaria or typhoid. After taking prescribed drugs, the headache will subside but resumes after days. Her BP is normal at different checks within the time she experiences the headache. In fact, I don't know what else to treat or drugs to buy. This has been on for about 2 years now. Please whats your advice? Thanks in advance.
If laboratory tests show she has malaria with typhoid parasites, and with failed treatments, I can only guess her PCV might likely be very low. The Packed Cell Volume is the ratio of erythrocyte(red blood cells) to other blood constituents/plasma.
Malaria and typhoid parasites are known to destroy red blood cells, making the number of the cells depreciate. When red blood cells are very low, the amount of oxygen carried to brain tissues decreases, or what is called 'hypoxia', and that could cause persistent headaches, dizziness, and insomnia.

Please, take her to run PCV count. If it's below 35%, then its likely the cause of her persistent headache!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Shegz4god(m): 11:25am On Oct 08, 2014
Doc my bro was tested for Amebiasis. In his stool . What drugs can be used to cure this. They gave him flagyl and one other drugs .
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 08, 2014
Shegz4god:
Doc my bro was tested for Amebiasis. In his stool . What drugs can be used to cure this. They gave him flagyl and one other drugs .
Metronidazole(flagyl) is the approved indication in the treatment of GI amoebiasis. Let him follow the MD's prescription, and he'll be fine! Tell him to take lots of fluid(say like 7up or sprit soft drink) to help replace the lost electrolyte he lost through diarrhoea.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Kasykel(f): 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
Marc9:
Are u on BBM? Or whatsapp?
No. Pls Shud i be worried?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 08, 2014
Marc9:
There's are some distributors here in Nigeria, Lagos and Abuja precisely. The price varies with the kind of tooth/teeth whitening kits. Some kits cost £17, while permanent tooth/teeth whiteners cost between £100 to £400.

In case you can't afford any of those, you can as well have your teeth whitened by 'Scale and Polish(S&P)' procedure. Visit any good oral hygienist/dentist to have that done. You can have it done as low as N3000!

Thank you for the info.....I live here in lagos, kindly give a contact of a good oral hygienist/dentist that I can visit immediately. Thanks
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 08, 2014
Ryder306:

Thank you for the info.....I live here in lagos, kindly give a contact of a good oral hygienist/dentist that I can visit immediately. Thanks
I will PM her contact to u! It wouldn't be nice I gave out her contact publicly.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2014
Kasykel:
No. Pls Shud i be worried?
If the PT u did showed positive, then it's likely that the drug bombardment failed. And yes, you should be worried. I actually tot u're on a discreet social media so I can tel u the 'dilemma' u are.

Well, I might just tell you here then.

You see, Preg test simply involves testing for hCG hormone in urine or blood samples, being produced in the placenta. Since the test shows positive, the regimens failed!

Now, it would be really suicidal of you to run back to that same dude that loaded you with wrong regimens

Also, you complicated the issue. If you decide to keep the cyesis, there's a chance that the foetus would develop abnormally, and you could give birth to a physically deformed baby, or mentally impaired baby, because of the bleeding you observed when those wrong regimens were administered to you.

With these, you only have one option...... Go and see a Gyn and explained to him, he'll help you.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by TCF1980(m): 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2014
Marc9:
Yes! Whoever experiences menstruation ovulates, except in the case of hormonal distortion from abusive use of OHC.

Regarding your second question, yes! There are are some kits that help pinpoint ovulation. There are basal thermometers that help check body temperature for possible elevation. The thermometer is used between the 11th to 16th day from the start of menstruation. The day the thermometer records elevated temperature, that is an indication of ovulation, although other factors could contribute to temperature rise like fever and stress. So basal temperature reading is not always accurate

The predictor kits are not 100% accurate as well, but are used with other ovulation signs identification like the basal thermometers in getting a precise/accurate result.

But the most obvious and accurate sign is the 'clear and stretchy mucus' that discharges from the v*gina on the day of ovulation. Ideally, the couple is expected to indulge in s*x on that day, and continue with the act for three or more days.

Thanks Mark9. I was tempted to buy Clear Blue Digital but going through review online, I found out that it predicts wrongly sometimes reason being that the hormones can be triggered where as ovulation fails to occur. Maybe, is better one makes use of both the clear blue sticks while temping basally

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Identical Twins Married To Twins Give Birth To Identical Twins Same Day / 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths / Commercial Motorcyclist Commits Suicide In Ibadan By Hanging (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.