Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? (1892 Views)

Annie Idibia Deletes Photo Of Sunmbo Shortly After Crushing On Her / Pics: Beauty Is Not Enough: If Not, Why Are These Ex-beauty Queens Still Single? / Nigerians Mock Flavour Over New MBGN Queen & His Addiction To Beauty Queens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by lalasticlala(m): 11:34am On Aug 27, 2014
It's vivid that the popularity of most beauty queens fade shortly after their reigns.
Most of them go into oblivion as nothing is heard about them. Some get married and relocate abroad or settle down here with their spouses.
While some engage in other endeavours.

Only a few Nigerian ex beauty queens still maintain a bit of their popularity.
The most talked about Nigerian ex beauty queens are just four:
1 Agbani Darego

2 Bianca Ojukwu

3 Regina Askia.

4 Nike Oshinowo

The rest are either forgotten totally or are making small impacts.
The immediate past MBGN, Anna Banner may go the same way others went unless she pursues her acting career seriously since she has debuted in Super Story.

Why do you think most beauty queens lose their relevance shortly after their reigns?

Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by Blockus: 11:34am On Aug 27, 2014
lalasticlala: It's vivid that the popularity of most beauty queens fade shortly after their reigns.
Most of them go into oblivion as nothing is heard about them. Some get married and relocate abroad or settle down here with their spouses.
While some engage in other endeavours.

Only a few Nigerian ex beauty queens still maintain a bit of their popularity.
The most talked about Nigerian ex beauty queens are just three:
1 Agbani Darego

2 Bianca Ojukwu

3 Regina Askia.

The rest are either forgotten totally or are making small impacts.
The immediate past MBGN, Anna Banner may go the same way others went unless she pursues her acting career seriously since she has debuted in Super Story.

Why do you think most beauty queens lose their relevance shortly after their reigns?

Nike Oshinowo nko?
Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by lalasticlala(m): 11:35am On Aug 27, 2014

Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by lalasticlala(m): 11:36am On Aug 27, 2014
Blockus:

Nike Oshinowo nko?

ya she's d 4th most talked about
Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 27, 2014
Du u think d topic goes 4 jezt d Beauty Queens! Well! I feel everyone has dier tym. Pple or perhaps lemme say celebrities dat reign nw wuld surely nd most def. give room 4 d younger ones 2 bloom also njoy dier tym cool
Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by lalasticlala(m): 12:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
Sexipea: Du u think d topic goes 4 jezt d Beauty Queens! Well! I feel everyone has dier tym. Pple or perhaps lemme say celebrities dat reign nw wuld surely nd most def. give room 4 d younger ones 2 bloom also njoy dier tym cool

ya I know but as 4 beauty queens, theirs seem to end too quick
Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 27, 2014
Like my people will always say " Igba olo bi orere, Aye o gun lo bi opa ibon" (There is time for everything). Some just want their private lives and some can't cope with the heat again, so they've got to leave the kitchen!
Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
cos they have only beauty to offer, nothing substantial or credible that women or youths can benefit from afterwards...thats y
Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by Dygeasy(m): 12:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
Because most of them have nothing else going for them other than their beauties. No talents, nothing. They win the pageant, they fade off.

And also probably because not many of us in this part of the world take fashion or modelling seriously. You wey dey talk sef would you rather watch a fashion show when there are numerous other things to watch?

Dem fit no dey reign reach our side sha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
lalasticlala:

ya I know but as 4 beauty queens, theirs seem to end too quick
wuld accept dat тσσ qυι¢к
Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by Infomizer(m): 12:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
Amelian: cos they have only beauty to offer, nothing substantial or credible that women or youths can benefit from afterwards...thats y

That's a rather rash conclusion if you ask me.
But you didn't, so it's none of my business.
:|
Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by maxism2: 12:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
bcs d organizers probably banged them b4 they won and left d real ones that deserved the crown
Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by diksucker(f): 12:57pm On Aug 27, 2014
bcs nothing more for them, unless If d person chooses to go into modelling, acting, music or presenting, or maybe politics, to remain on d spotlight, if not, they only remain relevant in their husbands house for those that are married or in their man friends house for d single but 4king ones
Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
Infomizer:

That's a rather rash conclusion if you ask me.
But you didn't, so it's none of my business.
:|

its not a rash conclusion. if u feel it is? ok, but pls enlighten me on what any of the beauty queens , especially the past ones done for the less privileged? the society? fellow women? youths? and what reasonable programme have pple, in small ratio or average ratio benefited from them, 2 keep them in the limelight from a more positive perspective..
Cos even if one rises to stardom, and theres nothing u are impacting on anyone, except beauty...*sighs and rolls eyes*...then lost for words.
pls tell me, so i dont remain lost in my reasoning.
Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by littlemistress: 2:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
Beauty pageants is a way rich men select beautiful girls to sleep with. After the one year of fame, nothing is heard about them anymore. They all claim to have pet projects which dies immediately their reign is over. ΐτ̅'s simply overrated
Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
So na that body isabella ayuk take win miss Nigeria? embarassed
Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
Like 5 of the girls I am seeing at the back of Agbani Darego is way beautiful than her.

How she come take win? undecided Abi them just wan dash am for Naija I guess. Pfft!
Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by djeezy(m): 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
Their popularity fade away because they do not work hard. Being a beauty queen does not mean you will not pursue other things. Beauty pageants are so numerous these days that people no longer care about it. All we hear is face of this and face of that, miss this and miss that. The only thing that keeps them a lil relevant is the promo pics they release instead of working hard to enhance their career.
Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
They simply failed because they don't want to venture into other things after being crowned as Ms Nigeria. Most of them were MODELS before they contested and would go back to their job of modelling while others invest in another business. Models are hardly recognised as TOP celebrity in Nigeria/Africa or any country of the world(not sure though).
Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by bustyhelen(f): 6:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
Romancegirl: They simply failed because they don't want to venture into other things after being crowned as Ms Nigeria. Most of them were MODELS before they contested and would go back to their job of modelling while others invest in another business. Models are hardly recognised as TOP celebrity in Nigeria/Africa or any country of the world(not sure though).

good but models R valued in USA
Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by chimerase2: 7:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
Op if u ask me na who I go ask undecided
Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by TrYcIa1(f): 12:22am On Aug 28, 2014
Wat do u expect Op?..Everything get it expiring day nah
Re: Why Does The Popularity Of Most Beauty Queens Fade Shortly After Their Reigns? by Infomizer(m): 12:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
[quote
author=Amelian]

its not a rash conclusion. if u feel it is? ok, but pls enlighten me on
what any of the beauty queens , especially the past ones done for the
less privileged? the society? fellow women? youths? and what reasonable
programme have pple, in small ratio or average ratio benefited from
them, 2 keep them in the limelight from a more positive perspective..
Cos even if one rises to stardom, and theres nothing u are impacting on
anyone, except beauty...*sighs and rolls eyes*...then lost for words.
pls tell me, so i dont remain lost in my reasoning.[/quote]

I get you, but I feel you'd be better positioned to conclude if you were on their trails and not completely reliant on what the media has got to say about them. Last time I checked, the paparazzi in this part of the world gives little or no hoot about those ones that aren't "loud" with their activities. My point is, we can't just conclude like that that they're are redundant. What if they're not but only wanna be surreptitious? It's an angle I want you to consider.
Peace

(1) (Reply)

Hugh Jackman Who Acted Wolverine In X Men Treated For Cancer 3 Times This Year / Angelina Jolie Was Forced Into Menopause At Age 39 / Photos From JJC House Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.