Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,156 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:58 AM

Moving To England - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving To England (2345 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria / Moving To Norway Soonest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving To England by achinaboy(m): 3:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
Please am trying to move to uk with my family from holland,,so i really want to know best city or village that will be good for my family on average house rent and low crime rate. am waiting for both good and bad suggestions from people that lives in uk thanks
Re: Moving To England by achinaboy(m): 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
86 people viewed this post and no one is trying to help,whats going on, or did i ask a wrong question,,?
Re: Moving To England by Mellorix: 10:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
UK is a very large country. many people will have different opinion to your question . I like portsmouth - its fairly ok but im not sure of jobs (well depends on your profession though ) .The only advice ill give is stay somewhere close to London at "most" 2 hours from London. Rent in these area would be about £700 - £850/month for a 2 bed flat. (since you have a family) excluding other bills of course.
Re: Moving To England by achinaboy(m): 9:44am On Aug 29, 2014
Mellorix: UK is a very large country. many people will have different opinion to your question . I like portsmouth - its fairly ok but im not sure of jobs (well depends on your profession though ) .The only advice ill give is stay somewhere close to London at "most" 2 hours from London. Rent in these area would be about £700 - £850/month for a 2 bed flat. (since you have a family) excluding other bills of course.
thanks bro,wife's is nursing/care giving,,but me i can do anything is not a problem
Re: Moving To England by Mellorix: 11:49am On Aug 29, 2014
achinaboy:
thanks bro,wife's is nursing/care giving,,but me i can do anything is not a problem

Do you have a profession? "anything"is not a profession sir.

1 Like

Re: Moving To England by londoner: 11:49am On Aug 29, 2014
OP, Why are you moving from Holland?

Like other posters, I would say the outskirts of London is good for a family or even up north (northern England), where your money will go further. England is a mixed bag depending on where you live, but there are often published ratings/ranking on areas, which I think is done yearly. It includes indices such as, price of housing, crime rates, local amenities, transport etc. I think it is published by The Times Newspaper or The Telegraph and is published on line also.

What are you looking for in an area, maybe that will make it easier to suggest.
Re: Moving To England by achinaboy(m): 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
Mellorix:

Do you have a profession? "anything"is not a profession sir.
bro am igbo,u know business man,,not a profession if i may say,but i want to seettle down with my family and then i can start with minimum wage job and then try and get a profession,,but i would't like theses areas that are always on the news about kids stabbiing other kids,,just pointing out
Re: Moving To England by achinaboy(m): 1:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
londoner: OP, Why are you moving from Holland?

Like other posters, I would say the outskirts of London is good for a family or even up north (northern England), where your money will go further. England is a mixed bag depending on where you live, but there are often published ratings/ranking on areas, which I think is done yearly. It includes indices such as, price of housing, crime rates, local amenities, transport etc. I think it is published by The Times Newspaper or The Telegraph and is published on line also.

What are you looking for in an area, maybe that will make it easier to suggest.
i need an area with average house rent,,low crime of stabbing,and stealing,,area with job for a nurse,,,and then as i said before,,i myself wants to start with a bit of minimum wage job,and then ..
Re: Moving To England by londoner: 9:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
achinaboy:
i need an area with average house rent,,low crime of stabbing,and stealing,,area with job for a nurse,,,and then as i said before,,i myself wants to start with a bit of minimum wage job,and then ..

Average house rent? It will depend on how many bedrooms, closeness to transport, where in England it is etc.
Take a look at this regional map for rent,it will give you an idea.

http://homelet.co.uk/homelet-rental-index/regional-map

Nursing employment is not based on area, its based on which type of nurse, qualification and experience. Is your wife qualified as a nurse to work in the UK? Even with carers, she would probably need to do a UK course/cert. There are many agencies and care homes, as well as hospitals and district nursing. She needs to contact employers and agencies before you come to the UK and ask them what they are looking for and set up interviews.
Re: Moving To England by achinaboy(m): 10:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
londoner:

Average house rent? It will depend on how many bedrooms, closeness to transport, where in England it is etc.
Take a look at this regional map for rent,it will give you an idea.

http://homelet.co.uk/homelet-rental-index/regional-map

Nursing employment is not based on area, its based on which type of nurse, qualification and experience. Is your wife qualified as a nurse to work in the UK? Even with carers, she would probably need to do a UK course/cert. There are many agencies and care homes, as well as hospitals and district nursing. She needs to contact employers and agencies before you come to the UK and ask them what they are looking for and set up interviews.

thanks bro, i never knew about uk course/cert, but any how i will try my best to make things work out, but the way am seeing things,i think it will be better to live atmost 2hours from london
Re: Moving To England by londoner: 7:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
achinaboy:

thanks bro, i never knew about uk course/cert, but any how i will try my best to make things work out, but the way am seeing things,i think it will be better to live atmost 2hours from london

You're welcome. I'm a woman by the way........
Re: Moving To England by LORETA: 4:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
@LONDONER...I am glad the way you answer the previous guys answer..please.....i am a sailor working with lng Nigeria sail across Europe..i studied in Poland for 4 years and i also have a sailor US visa entry and Spanish entry....any way..i am hoping you to advice me i want to settle in uk but i don't know how my 2000k pounds salary (already convert from dollars) will enable me live their and i wish to marry a Nigeria girl.(but presently i dont have a girlfriend))....so i thinking how will be easy to marry a nigerian and move her to the uk..how easy it could be for me..because marriage is also on my mind...just advice and ask me questions ok.thanks
Re: Moving To England by LORETA: 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
i am a guy ohh..dont mind the username..its been like that for very long ..i didnt feel like changing .thanks for understanding

(1) (Reply)

Review: Eko Hotel And Suites / The Architectural Wonders Of Abiriba: A Photographer's Delight (pics) / Please Help: What's The Distance Between Enugu To Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.