Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,140 members, 7,780,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:14 AM

BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! (7338 Views)

GEJ recieves book from Reno / Dolapo Osinbajo Gets Emotional At HID Awolowo's Lying In State / Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by Donmarrius: 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
Report reaching us from the AIT live televised Missa Pro defunctis,of the late Amazon Dora Akunyili,has it that John Nnia Nwodo,gave the ex-Nigerian military head of state,Gen.Gowon,who has accusation of genocide hanging on him,due to his role in overseeing the extermination of over 3.5million Biafra women and children,a traumatizing emotional punch,when he Nwodo,in the cause of welcoming the crème de la crème,in the society,who came for the Missa pro defunctis of the late Amazon,told Gowon ;

"Gowon, i remember
you gave us blocks to sit
down in classrooms
after the war, you really
meant to reconcile us,
thank you".

This was actually a punch of the century,on the personality of the alleged genocidist,who has been doing all he can of late,to get integrated into the wider Igbo society,knowning quite well,how formidable,Igbos has become in all stratas of life,both within and outside Nigeria,after the 30months civil war.
The trauma-filled emotional punch,has been viewed,to stem from the blunt refusal of Gowon,to pursue the 3R's of Rehabilitation,Reintegration,and Reconstruction policies of the Federal Government of Nigeria,after declaring No Victor,No Vanquished,immediately after the war.

The question now is,is Gowon going to remorsefully make amends,and in what way?.

The floor is open for debate.
No Insults!!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by Donmarrius: 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
Pazienza,chinoElect,Energito,and all Nairaland stunchs are hereby welcomed.
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by alabiyemmy(m): 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
Thrash.

15 Likes

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by Liamm(m): 2:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
k
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by EasternLeopard: 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
"Gowon, i remember
down in classrooms
meant to reconcile us,
thank you".

That is why I see his prayers for Nigeria without acknowledgement of failure and absence of restitution as waste of prayers.

Gowon might have being kept alive to see a divided Nigeria after years of failing to tell the truth by deceiving himself that he is praying for Nigeria.

America is great because they acknowledge their sins eg killed over 10 000 000 indians exploited black slaves etc

Gowon still lying till today

11 Likes

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
Jona nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn grin
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
[url]smh[/ur]
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by Collynzo16: 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
The kind of people Okorocha fraternizes with.
[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwBwPbLIQAIIWOx.jpg:small[/img]

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by itstpia1: 3:13pm On Aug 28, 2014

"Gowon, i remember
down in classrooms
meant to reconcile us,
thank you".

deal with it.

Nigeria is a poor country and many schools as well as students lack basic amenities.

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by cbrass(m): 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
It would have been nice he kept his moutch shot...inferiority complex always the issues with an average flatee grin

16 Likes

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by debetmx(m): 3:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
alakuko mentality

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by tit(f): 3:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
itstpia1:

deal with it.

Nigeria is a poor country and many schools as well as students lack basic amenities.

The blocks were gowon's seating arrangement for the university of nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by MailSA: 3:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
Pls don't quote people wrongly! Mr Nwodo said "I acknowledge the presence of former head of state Gen Yakubu Gowon, I remembered how he gave us seats after the civil war when we were sitting on blocks to learn in our classrooms in his bid to recocile all agrieved." That means Gowon provided seats for them to stop sitting on blocks. Stop inciting people!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by tpia1: 3:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
tit:

The blocks were gowon's seating arrangement for the university of nigeria.

was this not immediately after a war?
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 28, 2014
source?
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by desgiezd(m): 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
MailSA: Pls don't quote people wrongly! Mr Nwodo said "I acknowledge the presence of former head of state Gen Yakubu Gowon, I remembered how he gave us seats after the civil war when we were sitting on blocks to learn in our classrooms in his bid to recocile all agrieved." That means Gowon provided seats for them to stop sitting on blocks. Stop inciting people!

I wonder a lot what the OP wishes to gain from this thread and by opening up old wounds, otherwise he would not have twisted the sentence the way he did!

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by okonja(m): 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
What's happening here? undecided, seems am lost. angry
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by debetmx(m): 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
MailSA: Pls don't quote people wrongly! Mr Nwodo said "I acknowledge the presence of former head of state Gen Yakubu Gowon, I remembered how he gave us seats after the civil war when we were sitting on blocks to learn in our classrooms in his bid to recocile all agrieved." That means Gowon provided seats for them to stop sitting on blocks. Stop inciting people!

Inciting Northerners since January 1966.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by Joe88(m): 4:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
Op has been busted if the quoted comment is true ( it sounds more genuine to me).

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by ntyce(m): 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
The man obviously meant no harm.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by onoja12: 7:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
i want to ask,how many people did the biafran soldiers kill or rather how many people did the biafran soldiers commit genocide on.all this hate you people try to promote in nigeria for selfish reasons can not work,if my memory serves me right the igbo people were the once who plotted the first coup in nigeria,there where the same people that brought military into nigerian governance,they were the same people who went to kill northern leaders by assassinating the prime minster all in there greed for power and you come to cry fool.see i advice the younger generation not to allow the weakness of there fathers,the greed there fathers planted to grow in there hearts.

Donmarrius: Report reaching us from the AIT live televised Missa Pro defunctis,of the late Amazon Dora Akunyili,has it that John Nnia Nwodo,gave the ex-Nigerian military head of state,Gen.Gowon,who has accusation of genocide hanging on him,due to his role in overseeing the extermination of over 3.5million Biafra women and children,a traumatizing emotional punch,when he Nwodo,in the cause of welcoming the crème de la crème,in the society,who came for the Missa pro defunctis of the late Amazon,told Gowon ;

"Gowon, i remember
down in classrooms
meant to reconcile us,
thank you".

This was actually a punch of the century,on the personality of the alleged genocidist,who has been doing all he can of late,to get integrated into the wider Igbo society,knowning quite well,how formidable,Igbos has become in all stratas of life,both within and outside Nigeria,after the 30months civil war.
The trauma-filled emotional punch,has been viewed,to stem from the blunt refusal of Gowon,to pursue the 3R's of Rehabilitation,Reintegration,and Reconstruction policies of the Federal Government of Nigeria,after declaring No Victor,No Vanquished,immediately after the war.

The question now is,is Gowon going to remorsefully make amends,and in what way?.

The floor is open for debate.
No Insults!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by raumdeuter: 7:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
When you kill other ppl its not genocide like the 1st coup. Like they say first to do no dey pain

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by Phame: 7:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
onoja12: i want to ask,how many people did the biafran soldiers kill or rather how many people did the biafran soldiers commit genocide on.all this hate you people try to promote in nigeria for selfish reasons can not work,if my memory serves me right the igbo people were the once who plotted the first coup in nigeria,there where the same people that brought military into nigerian governance,they were the same people who went to kill northern leaders by assassinating the prime minster all in there greed for power and you come to cry fool.see i advice the younger generation not to allow the weakness of there fathers,the greed there fathers planted to grow in there hearts.

Dont mind ibo people, they always cry and form the victims.
The hate u see among Nigerians to along regional, religious and tribal lines was cultivated in us by the ibo and their greedy agitation.
They shld have been allowed to go in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by tit(f): 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
onoja12: ,if my memory serves me right the igbo people were the once who plotted the first coup in nigeria,

you must be getting old.
Baba Awolowo plotted the first coup and was sent to jail for it in 1963.

12 Likes

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by Truckpusher(m): 11:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
You do not loose in a war and expect to be trusted and well fed......You wan fight again? grin

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by beejaymoore(m): 11:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
tit:

you must be getting old.

Can a civilian stage a coup

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by beejaymoore(m): 11:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
tit:

you must be getting old.

Can a civilian stage a coup smh

1 Like

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by seankay(m): 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
Collynzo16: The kind of people Okorocha fraternizes with.
[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwBwPbLIQAIIWOx.jpg:small[/img]
So dis man bam Aiye

1 Like

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by onoja12: 12:51am On Aug 29, 2014
please educate yourself,awolowo is a civilian,the first coup was plotted my major kaduna uzodu,which by the way was sent to school and enlisted into the army by the late prime minister who he payed back by killing please note that this prime minister in question was a norther.so young once don't allow your old people fool you and plant wickedness in your heart,go back and study Nigeria history as writing in does days not the lies they are writing this days

tit:

you must be getting old.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by thwarrior72: 12:55am On Aug 29, 2014
Today guess which people are been made to sit on block & summarily executed by fulani jihadist aka boko haram....his people & minority Christian tribe in the north & that serves him & his people right tonguegrin
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by tit(f): 1:47am On Aug 29, 2014
onoja12: please educate yourself,awolowo is a civilian,the first coup was plotted my major kaduna uzodu,which by the way was sent to school and enlisted into the army by the late prime minister who he payed back by killing please note that this prime minister in question was a norther.so young once don't allow your old people fool you and plant wickedness in your heart,go back and study Nigeria history as writing in does days not the lies they are writing this days

do not remain in ignorance.
let me give you an assignment.
for what offence was awolowo sentenced to life in Calabar prison before he was pardoned by General Gowon?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by manck: 2:10am On Aug 29, 2014
[size=18pt]Look at the list of former nigeria leader.. they had no university education , so basically nigeria was like animal farm.

Tafawa Balewa ( No university degree)
Major-General Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi ( No university degree)
General Yakubu Gowon ( No university degree)
General Murtala Mohammed ( No university degree)
Major-General Olusegun Obasanjo ( No university degree)
Shehu Shagari ( No university degree)
Major-General Muhammadu Buhari ( No university degree)
General Ibrahim Babangida ( No university degree)
General Sani Abacha ( No university degree)
General Abdulsalami Abubakar ( No university degree)
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yoruba Promise Shut Down North/South Border @ Jebba/Lokoja / Picture Of IREV Result For Rivers State Presidential Election. / Appeal Court Dismisses Cole’s Petition Against Fubara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.