Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby (3959 Views)

FG Owes 70,000 Workers Three-month Salaries / Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat / South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by adorable29(f): 7:11am On Aug 29, 2014
My people, prevention is better than (NO) cure. We can all do our small parts together to kick it out of this country by following the simple instructions as stipulated by our doctors and the authorities .

I follow the events as it unfolds in Liberia and it is chaotic out there! Communities and not just people are being quarantined. Expatriate workers are being evacuated in droves. The top government officials are overwhelmed and even running away from the country so much that President Sirleaf has sacked some of them cos they refused to return back to liberia. Dogs are eating dead ebola victims on the streets. The statistics given could be worse off cos some incidents are not reported to the hospital.

Informing those "around" you will also to an extent ensure the virus doesn't come "around" you.

Ebola is not a hoax but by God's grace, Nigeria will overcome.
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by desgiezd(m): 10:11am On Aug 29, 2014
adorable29: My people, prevention is better than (NO) cure. We can all do our small parts together to kick it out of this country by following the simple instructions as stipulated by our doctors and the authorities .
I follow the events as it unfolds in Liberia and it is chaotic out there! Communities and not just people are being quarantined. Expatriate workers are being evacuated in droves. The top government officials are overwhelmed and even running away from the country so much that President Sirleaf has sacked some of them cos they refused to return back to liberia. Dogs are eating dead ebola victims on the streets. The statistics given could be worse off cos some incidents are not reported to the hospital.
Informing those "around" you will also to an extent ensure the virus doesn't come "around" you.
Ebola is not a hoax but by God's grace, Nigeria will overcome.

I wonder how people are still surviving in that country. The care we need to also exercise here so that we don not experience 1% of what they are going through bearing in mind our size per population and land mass.
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by fr3do(m): 10:18am On Aug 29, 2014
Which kind yeye surveillance our authorities dey put people under?
Just to economize!
When these people under surveillance eventually become symptomatic, they must have put some many other people in danger including their loved ones.

We are not tackling Ebola to our maximum capacity all because of money, people should be quarantined not put under surveillance.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by Arosa(m): 10:57am On Aug 29, 2014
Ezyp: well I don't know how long it can survive outside on human skin but I read weeks back it can be active up to 3-4weeks on room temperature.

Thanks for sharing that information.
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by IGBOSON1: 11:45am On Aug 29, 2014
kmariko: Am sure Nigerian medical schools have "Medical Ethics" as part of their curriculum....
And a "well" trained doctor knowing that a patient has a highy contagious disease disregared all aspect of his "medical training" to create havoc and misery to his wife, child and the larger society because of his love for money.

NMA you have truly failed this country period.

^^^That's why i feel most of these guys that call themselves 'Doctors' in Nigeria are just half-baked quacks!
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 29, 2014
Sheep mentality is our problem in Nigeria

Do you know how propaganda and hoaxes are conducted?

You are listening to so called medical experts and International Organisations. Don't you know propagandists hijack the news media and would not give access to anybody that wants to say the truth?

Nigeria is in its pitiful state today because of our sheep mentality, which has allowed a small bunch of corrupt politicians to hold the country back for 16 years by feeding us a constant stream of lies
adorable29:

Stop spoiling Buhari, your mentor's name by displaying such ignorance.

What step have you taken to PROVE its not real. Did you conduct some test or do some serious research to come to the conclusion that its not real?
Or you read some conspiracy theory somewhere and became gullible enough to believe that its a hoax!

Talking about sheep mentality, I think you are the one suffering from it.

Atleast my own "sheep mentality" comes with logic, proofs, pictures, etc. Yours comes with nothing!

Or could it be you had rather more people disregard the warnings on Ebola prevention and die so it will be a slight on Jonathan's administration? If so, you must be evil.

#just thinking aloud

Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by IGBOSON1: 11:52am On Aug 29, 2014
Arosa: In Nigeria when they say people are under surveillance, what they really mean is that they don't know their whereabouts. surveillance indeed! grin
I also think this so called diplomate should be arrested after he is given an 'all-clear' and be charged for murder.

^^^The fool should be arrested, tried and sentenced to death by firing squad!
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by Leetunechi: 12:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
The fear of ebola killz more than the ebola it self!

Ebola aint real undecided tongue
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by Arosa(m): 12:16pm On Aug 29, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^The fool should be arrested, tried and sentenced to death by firing squad!

I agree he should be arrested but I don't support death sentence. Life in prison would do. grin
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
Ebola is a hoax, that is why there is so much inconsistencies.

They tell us it is incurable, then some people recover without any treatment.

They tell us it is 90% deadly sometimes they say it is 70% or they may say it is between 45% and 90%

Yet the death rate in Nigeria is considerably less than 30%

If it is not 100% death rate , why keep saying it is incurable?

How is it transmitted few experts say it is airborne or airborne droplets, some say bodily fluids some say that skin to skin contact can transmit it.

Then the incubation period is another thing :

some times it is 2 days ; sometimes they say it is 14days sometimes 21 days , sometimes.

When Ebola becomes contagious - some says it is after you show symptoms , others say it is immediately you come into contact with infected person.

Please people start thinking and why they want make you fearful and to panic you.

Dangerous experimental vaccines are coming your way very soon - watch this space.

Those who have ears, let them hear!

How is it diagnosed, some says it is difficult to diagnose until you start showing symptoms - what? But I though when you show symptoms it is already too late- presumabley your internal organs have begun turning to mush. So how are they quarantining people if it is so difficult to diagnose.

It is a hoax
IGBOSON1:

^^^That's why i feel most of these guys that call themselves 'Doctors' in Nigeria are just half-baked quacks!
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by free2ryhme: 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
cirmuell: How did a primary contact with index case evade your surveillance team incompetent dumbos? angry

Try volunteer for a job at an ebola medical centre I believe u will recant your statement
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by mackween: 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
This virus is making people so apprehensive in Port Harcourt. I feel the government did not take preemptive steps for this eventuality. undecided
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by free2ryhme: 1:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
GenBuhari: chances are that he did not die at all.
I believe people are being bribed to take part in the hoax.

Remember the Liberians who raided the Ebola treatment centre?

Well they realised Ebola was a hoax, because they are not seeing any evidence in their communities until the Ebola centres arrive.

So they went and freed their people.

Another thing that doesn't add up is that the amount of doctors and medical staff contracting this illness - an illness that is less contagious than measles, TB, Influenza (according to even the propagandists)

In a tv interview 31st July 2014 Liberia's president said they have recorded 47deaths and 28 were Doctors/medical staff which leaves 19 actual patients have died. That is so illogical.

28 doctors dead and only 19 patients dead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IGx66evPmk&index=2&list=PLRzmuN0KKXK_1hw06OM4sBq-Nj4ymIevF

Catch d disease first and u will know it is not a hoax. Na mouth u dey make for nairaland
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by cirmuell(m): 1:56pm On Aug 29, 2014
free2ryhme:

Try volunteer for a job at an ebola medical centre I believe u will recant your statement
ironically you're not making sense, as a matter of fact you need to keep up...do you know what a surveillance team is/means?
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by free2ryhme: 1:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
cirmuell: ironically you're not making sense, as a matter of fact you need to keep up...do you know what a surveillance team is/means?

Like I said volunteer and u understand the minds of those in quarantine
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by cirmuell(m): 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
free2ryhme:

Like I said volunteer and u understand the minds of those in quarantine
Quarantine? free me abeg.
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by free2ryhme: 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
cirmuell: Quarantine? free me abeg.

I no tie u before. Then u will stop this ur rant against the surveillance team. Children plenty for nairaland dis days ooo.

Where is kobojunkie anyway ?
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by CyberWolf: 2:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
GenBuhari: Sheep mentality is our problem in Nigeria

Do you know how propaganda and hoaxes are conducted?

You are listening to so called medical experts and International Organisations. Don't you know propagandists hijack the news media and would not give access to anybody that wants to say the truth?

Nigeria is in its pitiful state today because of our sheep mentality, which has allowed a small bunch of corrupt politicians to hold the country back for 16 years by feeding us a constant stream of lies
this is the kind of progressives we have cheesy grin
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by cirmuell(m): 2:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
free2ryhme:

I no tie u before. Then u will stop this ur rant against the surveillance team. Children plenty for nairaland dis days ooo.

Where is kobojunkie anyway ?
it seems you're confused, just stay off my mention please.
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by free2ryhme: 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
cirmuell: it seems you're confused, just stay off my mention please.

Is confused ur last name
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by cirmuell(m): 2:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
free2ryhme:

Is confused ur last name
smiley stop bugging me please na! sad
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by free2ryhme: 3:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
cirmuell: smiley stop bugging me please na! sad

Who is dis urchin disturbibg my peace?

Must u follow me around
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by cirmuell(m): 4:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
free2ryhme:

Who is dis urchin disturbibg my peace?

Must u follow me around
hehe guyman you are not free2rant with me, I've been polite enuff o...I can be very rude. pls kindly back off.
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by vodkat: 4:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
GenBuhari: On the contrary more people have died from the unnecessary panic.

What of the 20 people who died from drinking salt water?

Stop panicking Ebola is not going to kill you but sheep mentality probably would.

obviously u have low thinking. The diease is still very controllable now before it goes out of hand but fools like u want it to blow out into a full scale disaster that nobody can leave his house before you want to start panicking.

ebola is a contagious diease that the whole world is worrying about.Do u know more than doctors and medical proffesionals that died and are making this public information that there is a contagious diease that has no cure.
According to nurse died it can be transferred by touch and if it continues to mututae it can be airborne. but obviously u dont beleive that

Commonsene says prevention is better than cure. Do you know the population in lagos and how many people cram into lagos. That is what makes it very worrying. if it were in some village in the desert some where we can say only the infected family will die but in lagos where people are very active there is the possibilty of it exploding.

Ordinary apollo was exploding like mad one time but thank god it didnt kill..

So i would advise u to keep quiet if u have nothing to say

a wise man once said

“, that in the beginning of the sickness or a problem it is easy to cure but difficult to detect, but in the course of time, because you didnot either detected or treated in the beginning, it becomes easy to detect but very difficult to cure"

So a stitch in time saves nine is appropriate
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by 4thsense: 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
Now what can be more silly and annoying

The personality of this God forsaken so called diplomat is still being shielded while the young doctor he deceived, destroyed his life and family and putting a whole city at risk has his name and hospital announced and blacklisted.

Who the hell is this diplomat?
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
Sheep mentality - think for yourself , don't form your opinion based on what you think the rest of the world thinks. You are not seeing that you are a victim of an elaborate propaganda campaign that has hijacked the news media only showing people working with the propagandists.

Do you know that it is impossible to independently verify the IDs of any of the high profile African, doctors, nurses and medical staff that we are told have died. Not one of them can be found on face book.

What would you say is the percentage of doctors or high profile professionals that are not on face book or do not have a website on the internet about 5% or less right?

so the probability that say all the high deaths in Nigeria do not have facebook accounts or web presence is (I think they have reported about 5 deaths so far in Nigeria) : (0.05)^5=0.0000003125 this means the probability that it is true that none of the dead have no face books accounts is 1 in 3million in order words it is simply untrue that all these high profile individuals could have no facebook account between them.

We can then say that the probability that any of these death has occurred is approx zero.

Ebola will not kill you -it a hoax, but sheep mentality could
vodkat:

obviously u have low thinking. The diease is still very controllable now before it goes out of hand but fools like u want it to blow out into a full scale disaster that nobody can leave his house before you want to start panicking.

ebola is a contagious diease that the whole world is worrying about.Do u know more than doctors and medical proffesionals that died and are making this public information that there is a contagious diease that has no cure.
According to nurse died it can be transferred by touch and if it continues to mututae it can be airborne. but obviously u dont beleive that

Commonsene says prevention is better than cure. Do you know the population in lagos and how many people cram into lagos. That is what makes it very worrying. if it were in some village in the desert some where we can say only the infected family will die but in lagos where people are very active there is the possibilty of it exploding.

a wise man once said

“, that in the beginning of the sickness or a problem it is easy to cure but difficult to detect, but in the course of time, because you didnot either detected or treated in the beginning, it becomes easy to detect but very difficult to cure"

Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
Wise men think for themselves. Why not take a leaf out of their book?
vodkat:

a wise man once said

Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by vodkat: 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
GenBuhari: Wise men think for themselves. Why not take a leaf out of their book?
u need the whole tree they use to print the book.

I beleive there is propaganda against africa sometimes but we all no nigeria is messed up no need for propaganda on that. we as nigerians no that. in as much they like to show us as messed up but are we not really messed up if we think about it . just think of the saying there is no smoke without fire.

Now if we allow this ebola issue to get out of hand it will be blown up more by those who are always putting us in bad image.

AFrica should be the richest continent in the world but we are the poorest is that propaganda?

Ebola is real dont argue
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
The propaganda I am talking about is not about Africa.

The propaganda is about Ebola and is designed for African consumptions as well as the rest of the world.
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by dumodust(m): 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
what i cant understand is why the diplomat cant be named
bet there are a few more still strolling around under the govts watch... now ph has been seeded due to negligence and foolishness
Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by Nobody: 4:44am On Aug 30, 2014
eaglechild:
You should recall the incubation period is a wide range 2-21, during which the patient is infective.
For the diplomat to have sought treatment in a hospital, it means he was ill.

No
We are told the patient is only infective at the time they are very sick not at the incubating period

1 Like

Re: Ebola: How Nigerian Diplomat Infected Doctor, Wife, Their Three-month-old Baby by eaglechild: 5:15am On Aug 30, 2014
babyosisi:

No
We are told the patient is only infective at the time they are very sick not at the incubating period
Yes actually,
I meant to say after which the patient is infective, but because it varies so much, it means the patients can become sick at different times.
For patient A he can become sick just after 2 days of being infected and thus becoming infective.
Unlike another patient who can become sick after 21 days etc.

I have modified my post.

(1) (2) (Reply)

#they Will Go And Drink A Drunk That Will Kill Them# Says; Patiance Jonathan# / Europe And The US Should Better Open Their Borders To The Middle East Refugees / Bad News For Ipob Hopefuls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.