Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,862 members, 7,806,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. (27723 Views)

Attention: Ward 022, Ejigbo Lagos Is Being Rigged / Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno / Lagos To Become Africa’s Largest City – Un (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by kolaaderin: 12:00am On Oct 12, 2016
gbanikiti:

You don't know how to sleep. And please understand me, ibadan generally is big no doubt, but the little developed areas in ibadan aint upto 2km. There's really nothing in ibadan at all. And am so serious about it. The land at ibadan is just a waste. How can u call ibadan a city where a flat of 2bedroom goes for 50k a year?

I swear with my two Pendulum balls u know nothing about Ibadan.

You just keep dishing out trash like shreader.
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by kolaaderin: 12:17am On Oct 12, 2016
chy101:
Shut up your poo..

There are no Igbos in yolobarland except Lagos which is a no man's land and FG enclave..

The reason you cannot find Igbos in yolobarland is that Igbos do not live in mud house because rural areas as ibadan, abeokuta, oshogbo etc were all built 100% with red earth mud and rustuc zinc..

I give it to this comment as the most ridiculous comment ever on Nairaland. Obviously this is another easterner dreaming of leaving their cursed enclaved land to invade Lagos as their eldorado . there is no IBO in any of the Yoruba land sound like an alien to my ear.

Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by Basic123: 6:02pm On Aug 29, 2017
Ibadan is just a glorified slum.
Like the whole igbolandgrin
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by Basic123: 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2017
omololu2020:
i dont know who u r,or ao old r u,plz except enugu,can u name one city in enugu state,u r so ignorant were in ibadan did u went to sef,hav u been to oluyole,agodi,alalubosa,bodija etc,,,,ibadan z one of Nigeria major city,wen u typ,typ wit ur sense ok,,,,apart from calabar,can u name one oda city in cross river,apart from kano can u name one oda city in kano state,i dont know u igbo problm wit yoruba land sef
na inferiority complex
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by kolaaderin: 6:37am On Aug 30, 2017
gbanikiti:
So, I went to ibadan to see its holds, all they got is 2 tertiary institution, a mini-zoo, a mini-museum, hotels, banks and one old cocoa house. I doubt if its a city or town. Right now, some cities like owerri, port harcourt et al are all ahead of ibadan. I strongly think Lagos is the largest city. I stand to be corrected though. But if its deduced by landmass, kano and kaduna should take the slot. Table your arguments.
Now I put it to you, you have never been to Ibadan.
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by ayorinde217(m): 8:09am On Aug 30, 2017
gbanikiti:

You don't know how to sleep. And please understand me, ibadan generally is big no doubt, but the little developed areas in ibadan aint upto 2km. There's really nothing in ibadan at all. And am so serious about it. The land at ibadan is just a waste. How can u call ibadan a city where a flat of 2bedroom goes for 50k a year?

Bro, abeg list where you know in Ibadan? I can see you are misinformed
Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by ayorinde217(m): 8:27am On Aug 30, 2017
jollymizzle:
I moved to ibadan about a yr and half ago and I still haven't covered the city. Ibadan is so darn big no contest
same here bro, I've spent close to two years in Ibadan. I haven't covered every part of ibadan., funny enough those that were born in Ibadan will tell u they don't know the whole of Ibadan. I can't take all this misinformed set of people spewing thrash about Ibadan on this thread serious

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. by kennykenny67: 11:01pm On Sep 13, 2017
Bro/sisters, i think we should wise up and not to be arguing about cities that developed or underdeveloped. Whole Nigeria is far from even developing country. Ibadan was supposed to be the biggest and most developed city in west Nigeria and Nigeria as a whole because it was this city that first experienced development in 60s and Lagos, First TV Station, Stadium, Skycrapper Building, First University, The first biggest hospital UCH and so on.... All cities in Nigeria and rural areas were supposed to develop. Development stopped when Military took over the affairs of Nigeria and since 1999 when Civilian government we voted for came in, what did we get from them apart from poverty and penury. leaders like Baba Awolowo developed West then when he had the power to do so and Baba Azik did the same in East and thier leader in North too. Those were the leaders that had the best interest of their people in mind but now what have we? Goverment need to develop the coutry and the Governors to develop thier cities and rural areas respectively not individually and there could be a community development. Our leaders and government of now are delude themselves that they are working for the greater good (using socialized power), but engage in behavior that is morally wrong. BIG CORRUPTION Good Leaders use their power to get things done
We hope that our elected officials have this sort of power in mind and are primarily concerned with the best interests of their constituents. All our elected leaders are billionaires and 80percent of Nigerians are sufering in penury and you guys are arguing about cities. Why have you contributed to the development of your village? Pls ask your politician friends, families and bosses. LAGOS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT WAS THE ONE THE BEST IN THE WORLD WHEN IT WAS BUILD BUT NOW, CAN YOU PROUD OF IT? SHAME

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

20 Members Of A Family Killed In Maiduguri Attack (Photos) / Solar Power Plant In BUK Inaugurated (Photos) / 2023 Presidency: Jonathan Meets With Southern Coordinators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.