Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,054 members, 7,807,168 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors (11112 Views)

If We Devalue Naira Again, We Will Kill Nigerians, Says CBN Governor / Company Directors, Investors and Share Allocation: Can Someone Explain? / Unity Bank Retires 500 Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by etunoman76(m): 6:41am On Aug 29, 2014
The Central Bank of Nigeria has begun the restructuring if the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Plc in line with the directive of President Goodluck Jonathan.

To this end, the board of the company has approved the dissolution of the executive management of the Mint.

It also directed the current Acting Managing Director, Alhaji Bamali Ahmed, and two executive directors to retire from the company with effect from September 1, 2014.

The development was confirmed in a statement signed by the Company Secretary/Legal Adviser to the NSPMC, Mr. Lawal Adamu, and made available to our correspondent on Thursday in Abuja.

The statement said that the board had also approved the appointment of Mr. Joseph Ugbo as the substantive managing director/chief executive of the company.

The board also appointed Alhaji Abbas Masanawa as the Executive Director in charge of Finance and Strategy of the company.

The statement read in part, “The board of directors of the NSPM Plc has dissolved the executive management of the company and directed the current acting managing director and two executive directors to retire with effect from Monday, September 1.

“Consequently, the board has approved the appointment of Mr. Joseph Ugbo as substantive managing director/chief executive officer and Alhaji Abbas Masanawa as executive director in charge of finance and strategy of the company.”

The changes, it added, were in line with the new strategic direction of the company aimed at repositioning it as an efficient and profit-oriented firm that would serve not only the banknotes and security printing needs of the company, but those of the West African sub-region.

Jonathan had on Thursday, while speaking during the unveiling of the national identity card, said he had directed the CBN governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele, to reposition the NSPMC to enable it become a global player in the printing of security documents.

He said, “In fact, when I appointed the new CBN governor, I told him that the Nigerian Security and Minting Company must be reformed. There is no way we are doing local government election, electing House of Assembly members, electing governors in Oyo, Ekiti, Adamawa that all what we will produce will be done outside this country. Why?

“Other countries produce their needs, we claim to be a giant, a giant that will just send everything out, we empower others we don’t create jobs for our people. And so, the Mint must be restructured as well as the Independent National Electoral Commission and other bodies.”

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/cbn-begins-restructuring-of-nspmc-retires-directors-2/

11 Likes

Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by Innodon(m): 6:42am On Aug 29, 2014
Better. Change is all we need. With 2015 in mind....the changes are necessary. Incase u don't know. ..lemme tell u....FTC.. (nt my 1st tym sah)..But I'm kinda surprise I made it this morning thanks to sharpness of Airtel..amd their so called WTF bundle.
Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by wulzyp(m): 6:43am On Aug 29, 2014
Ok
Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by fiverrwin(f): 6:44am On Aug 29, 2014
Good work

1 Like

Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 29, 2014
CBN? All i can remember is the #65 charge for now grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by bennygreat1(m): 6:46am On Aug 29, 2014
Good Development.. Buh I hope the people to replace them re BETTER... Changes re what we need..

2 Likes

Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by ossaisly(m): 6:46am On Aug 29, 2014
haaa
Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by yousee(m): 6:47am On Aug 29, 2014
Good move
Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by neuljosh(m): 6:49am On Aug 29, 2014
Okay
Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by Innodon(m): 6:50am On Aug 29, 2014
Tazmode: CBN? All i can remember is the #65 charge for now grin
me too. That their #65 is putting me off.

1 Like

Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by shegsrules(m): 6:51am On Aug 29, 2014
How well would it end or is it a way of d new cbn governor making things for him
Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by Jarchi(m): 6:51am On Aug 29, 2014
Smh
Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by ernie4life(m): 6:53am On Aug 29, 2014
nice move by CBN, so when will the be employing? because I see vacant positions that needs to be filled
Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by aboyaji(m): 6:53am On Aug 29, 2014
wait, op, can you repeat what you have just said?
etunoman76: The Central Bank of Nigeria has begun the restructuring if the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Plc in line with the directive of President Goodluck Jonathan.
To this end, the board of the company has approved the dissolution of the executive management of the Mint.
It also directed the current Acting Managing Director, Alhaji Bamali Ahmed, and two executive directors to retire from the company with effect from September 1, 2014.
The development was confirmed in a statement signed by the Company Secretary/Legal Adviser to the NSPMC, Mr. Lawal Adamu, and made available to our correspondent on Thursday in Abuja.
The statement said that the board had also approved the appointment of Mr. Joseph Ugbo as the substantive managing director/chief executive of the company.
The board also appointed Alhaji Abbas Masanawa as the Executive Director in charge of Finance and Strategy of the company.
The statement read in part, “The board of directors of the NSPM Plc has dissolved the executive management of the company and directed the current acting managing director and two executive directors to retire with effect from Monday, September 1.
“Consequently, the board has approved the appointment of Mr. Joseph Ugbo as substantive managing director/chief executive officer and Alhaji Abbas Masanawa as executive director in charge of finance and strategy of the company.”
The changes, it added, were in line with the new strategic direction of the company aimed at repositioning it as an efficient and profit-oriented firm that would serve not only the banknotes and security printing needs of the company, but those of the West African sub-region.
Jonathan had on Thursday, while speaking during the unveiling of the national identity card, said he had directed the CBN governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele, to reposition the NSPMC to enable it become a global player in the printing of security documents.
He said, “In fact, when I appointed the new CBN governor, I told him that the Nigerian Security and Minting Company must be reformed. There is no way we are doing local government election, electing House of Assembly members, electing governors in Oyo, Ekiti, Adamawa that all what we will produce will be done outside this country. Why?
“Other countries produce their needs, we claim to be a giant, a giant that will just send everything out, we empower others we don’t create jobs for our people. And so, the Mint must be restructured as well as the Independent National Electoral Commission and other bodies.”
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/cbn-begins-restructuring-of-nspmc-retires-directors-2/
wait, op, can you repeat what you have just said?

1 Like

Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by sammieguze(m): 6:55am On Aug 29, 2014
Well......
Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by lilprinze: 6:57am On Aug 29, 2014
Good move, GEJ is working, the best president that has ever ruled Nigeria,what he has achieved none of our past presidents even achieved half of what he has achieved . GEJ till 2019

6 Likes

Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by Innodon(m): 6:58am On Aug 29, 2014
lilprinze: .
caught u booking space.
Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by YoursGEJ(m): 6:58am On Aug 29, 2014
Innodon: caught u booking space.

You too take style dey book space

1 Like

Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by kimond101: 6:59am On Aug 29, 2014
Good move

1 Like

Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by YoursGEJ(m): 6:59am On Aug 29, 2014
Innodon: caught u booking space.

By the way, they should not try to recruit people for this one as they did with immigration. Because people will kill massacre themselves for a job there
Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by Cpolicy(m): 7:01am On Aug 29, 2014
YoursGEJ:

You too take style dey book space
no mind dem jare
Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by KwoiZabo(m): 7:01am On Aug 29, 2014
Tazmode: CBN? All i can remember is the #65 charge for now grin
because you are always blind to good things. Moreso the 65 is also a good thing cos it will make banks sit up and make ATMs much more efficient. GEJ till 2019.
Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by Billygee2u: 7:02am On Aug 29, 2014
Nigeria is constantly changing to better

1 Like

Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by flowjoe: 7:04am On Aug 29, 2014
God punish devil , this morning I see text from gt bank I don dey happy sey my popsman don finally send me d cheeze ,only to find out say dem don deduct N8.00 for alerting services

1 Like

Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by lirusehn(m): 7:05am On Aug 29, 2014
i do not undastand sad
Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by segradino(m): 7:05am On Aug 29, 2014
Uhm.....

Good news for smart phone users, u can get d cheapest data plan(MTN and Etisalat) for ur internet enabled devices why waste more when u can pay less for as low as N400 for 250mb...check dis out on this thread. www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391662
Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by onihaxy: 7:06am On Aug 29, 2014
Ok
Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by NaLaugh: 7:06am On Aug 29, 2014
Sound Sultan: dem come again, dem come again o! ghen! ghen!..
Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 29, 2014
“Consequently, the board has approved the appointment of Mr. Joseph Ugbo as substantive managing director/

Nepotism
Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by 42ultimate(m): 7:09am On Aug 29, 2014
What a good and right step taken! I used to hear about this company many years back but lately, it has gone underground. Even, our ballot papers are being printed and imported into the country from South Africa . I hope they will be able to resuscitate and reposition it to meet our need even locally.
Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by dhardline(m): 7:09am On Aug 29, 2014
Thank God
Re: CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors by Bryan12(m): 7:09am On Aug 29, 2014
What more can I say.GEJ till 2019

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cybercafe Mega Business Opportunity @ Your Doorsteps / Mycredit Investments Announces Repayment Of ₦‎3.7 Billion To Private Investors / Importers Game Contest / Challenge -seaon 1 - N135,000 to be won

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.