Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,899 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:32 AM

Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep (6017 Views)

Red Alert: If War Come Biafra Can Crush Nigeria Military In 72hrs-ifeduba / Tribunal Nullifies Election Of PDP Rep For Lack Of Educational Qualification / Tambuwal & Fashola Presidential Ticket Will Crush PDP In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by ossaisly(m): 7:13am On Aug 29, 2014
The Deputy Chairman of
the House of Representatives Committee on Finance, Mr. Yomi Ogunnusi, has said if the All Progressives Congress can present a strong presidential candidate in next year’s election, it will defeat President Goodluck Jonathan who may seek re-election. Ogunnusi, who represents Ifako/Ijaye Federal Constituency at the lower chamber of the National Assembly said the APC would do well at the poll next year if it presented the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal as its presidential candidate and Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, as his running mate. The lawmaker said this during an interview with our correspondent on Thursday. Tambuwal, who is still a member of the Peoples Democratic Party is rumoured to be finalising plans to defect to the APC so as to be able to actualise his dream of becoming president in 2015. Ogunnusi described Fashola as a hardworking governor who was generally loved for his accomplishments and also described Tambuwal as a “humble leader.” He said, “This is my personal opinion. If we have Tambuwal as President and Fashola as Vice-President, Jonathan will be out immediately it is announced. I think that is what the youth want. If you want a change in this country, let them put Tambuwal and Fashola. Nigeria will change and in fact, the stock exchange will increase that same day it is announced. It will give people a relief. “Because these are humane people, people who have a human heart. For the first time in Nigeria, a young man led the House of Representatives for four years without inhibition or conflict. And this young man knows the names of all the lawmakers up to their constituencies. And Fashola, all over the world has been rated as a performer and you can see the way he works. “You can even see in him that he has dedicated most of his life to the survival of the state. If he (Fashola) agrees, Nigeria would benefit. Both of them are saleable products and they are patriotic. For former Governor Bola Tinubu, let him be the leader of the Yoruba like Obafemi Awolowo; and let Muhammadu Buhari be the northern leader.”

source: punchng.com/politics/tambuwal-fashola-presidential-ticket-can-crush-pdp-rep/

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 29, 2014
Anyone who expects a muslim-muslim ticket to fly in today's Nigeria is politically naïve!!!

20 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by Gboliwe: 7:49am On Aug 29, 2014
Dreaming is good. grin

BTW, why the hype on this Tambuwal? The guy won't even win in a free and fair election in Sokoto state not to talk of outside it.

13 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by Tmtn: 8:08am On Aug 29, 2014
I concur!
Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by brownlord: 8:13am On Aug 29, 2014
Yes, it must be aboki and others. Why not fashola for president and Tamburlaine for vice?

Animal peoples congress deh madt.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by ShineuEye: 8:15am On Aug 29, 2014
Anyone thinking of introducing Fashola/Tambuwal ticket should be given an award in idiocy.

11 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by amakufrancis(m): 8:17am On Aug 29, 2014
Really?
Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by jking001(m): 8:18am On Aug 29, 2014
I just dey laugh,somebody must be joking.

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by deeobserver209(m): 8:20am On Aug 29, 2014
This is one of the funniest jokes I have heard in recent years. grin

9 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by Ayed44: 8:24am On Aug 29, 2014
Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 29, 2014
chukwudi44: Anyone who expects a muslim-muslim ticket to fly in today's Nigeria is politically naïve!!!

The question you should rather ask....where would the votes come from? Can they galvanize enough voting mass in their constituencies...what is the voting power of their constituencies looking at the voters register according to INEC.

It's not about what you feel or wish for..it's about the reality on ground.

Under a Muslim/Muslim ticket involving those two mentioned..It's the middle belt that will be the swing states.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by abu12: 8:36am On Aug 29, 2014
chukwudi44: Anyone who expects a muslim-muslim ticket to fly in today's Nigeria is politically naïve!!!

And what has a Christian/muslim ticket benefited u? SE/SS can keep their vote for jonathan

11 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by Desric(m): 8:52am On Aug 29, 2014
Even if the APC present's Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka for President, he will still not win in the SE; so why the hype about a muslim/Muslim ticket when you all know in your hearts that you've already made up your minds never to vote the party even if it presents "a saint"? Anyway, the APC already know where their votes will be coming from so let's not drink panadol for another man's headache, besides, "you can only take a horse to the stream but you can't force her to drink from the stream" because for some zones and peeps they prefer to do same thing over and over again and expect a different result, therefore as long as it is not the PDP and their mini god GEJ, Nigeria will cease to be Nigeria. Fashola and Tambuwal are two very young tested and dynamic leaders of which I'll lend my support any day anytime irrespective of tribe, religion or political platform. What Nigeria needs now is patriotism and efficiency not mediocrity and nepotism which have never done us any good, stop complaining and make it work, Nigeria is a blessed country so don't be a curse to it and claim it isn't working and can never work. "THE CHANGE YOU WISH FOR STARTS WITH YOU."

12 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by eph12(m): 9:06am On Aug 29, 2014
Why not a Fashola/Tambuwal ticket? Why must the northerner come first ahead of a proven Fashola? Chain!

6 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by mejai(m): 9:22am On Aug 29, 2014
dis one Na pillow talk
Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by fkaz(m): 9:41am On Aug 29, 2014
Kwankwoso/Fashola will do the job. APC don't need a muslim/Christian ticket to win 2015 election, just pick Fashola from west and Kwankwoso/Tambuwal from north, the south west and north won't vote base on religion unlike SE/SS. Even if APC pick Christian from southeast they won't vote for APC, APC need Fashola from west and any candidate from north west state going by registered voters from INEC

1. REGISTERED VOTERS FROM NORTH CENTRAL STATES
Benue state = 2, 340 718
Nasarwa state = 1,291 876
Niger state = 2, 427 681
Kwara state = 1, 125 035
Kogi state = 1, 305 533
Plateau state = 2, 082 725
TOTAL REGISTERED FROM NORTH CENTRAL STATE = 10, 573 568

2. REGISTERED VOTERS FROM NORTH EAST STATES
Gombe state = 1, 208 927
Borno state = 2, 570 349
Adamawa state = 1, 682 907
Bauchi state = 2, 502 609
Taraba state = 1, 279 394
Yobe state = 1, 203 324
TOTAL REGISTERED VOTERS FROM NORTH EAST STATE = 10, 447 510

3. REGISTERED VOTERS FROM NORTH WEST STATES
Kano state = 4, 751 818
Kaduna state = 3, 743 815
Kastina state = 2, 928 046
Sokoto state = 2, 113 698
Kebbi state = 1, 450 734
Zamfara state = 1, 802 307
Jigawa state = 1, 817 087
TOTAL REGISTERED VOTERS FROM NORTH WEST STATES = 18, 522 304

4. REGISTERED VOTERS FROM SOUTH EAST STATES
Abia state = 1, 387 844
Anambra state = 1, 784 536
Ebonyi state = 1, 020 011
Enugu state = 1, 313 128
Imo state = 1, 672 666
TOTAL REGISTERED VOTERS FROM SOUTH EAST STATE = 7,178 185

5. REGISTERED VOTERS FROM SOUTH SOUTH STATES
Akwa-Ibom state = 1, 621 798
Bayelsa state = 590 679
Cross river state = 1, 160 489
Delta state = 2, 044 372
Rivers state = 2, 456 977
Edo state = 1, 593 485
TOTAL REGISTERED VOTERS FROM SOUTH SOUTH STATES = 9, 467 800

6. REGISTERED VOTERS FROM SOUTH WEST STATES
Lagos state = 5, 426 391
Ogun state = 1, 796 024
Oyo state = 2, 487 132
Osun state = 1, 318 120
Ondo state = 1, 472 237
Ekiti state = 688 950
TOTAL REGISTERED VOTERS FROM SOUTH WEST STATES = 13, 188 854.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 29, 2014
ilugunboy:

The question you should rather ask....where would the votes come from? Can they galvanize enough voting mass in their constituencies...what is the voting power of their constituencies looking at the voters register according to INEC.

It's not about what you feel or wish for..it's about the reality on ground.

Under a Muslim/Muslim ticket involving those two mentioned..It's the middle belt that will be the swing states.

You sincerely believe muslims alone can determine this country's president abi? You are on a long thing.It will even be easier for a muslim-muslim ticket to fly in the SS/SE than in the MB and christian dominated areas of the NW/NE that are at the receving end of the boko haram islamic scourge.Even many yoruba xtians in the SW will not buy the idea.Don't forget FFK left the APC because of this reason

7 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 29, 2014
4. REGISTERED VOTERS FROM SOUTH EAST STATES
Abia state = 1, 387 844
Anambra state = 1, 784 536
Ebonyi state = 1, 020 011
Enugu state = 1, 313 128
Imo state = 1, 672 666
TOTAL REGISTERED VOTERS FROM SOUTH EAST STATE = 7,178 185

This country needs a real census to verify known facts !

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 29, 2014
Fashola is more presidential than all the people they are asking him to be vp to!

Nigeria is sick I tell ya!

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 29, 2014
[/quote]Kwankwoso/Fashola will do the job. APC don't need a muslim/Christian ticket to win 2015 election, just pick Fashola from west and Kwankwoso/Tambuwal from north, the south west and north won't vote base on religion unlike SE/SS. Even if APC pick Christian from southeast they won't vote for APC, APC need Fashola from west and any candidate from north west state going by registered voters from INEC [quote]

Bros I live in lagos and I am among the SW voters you just displayed.Unfortunately for you my vote is not going to APC.There are also millions of voters like me in lagos/benue/southern Kadunna/plateau etc who live in this so-called high voter regions who will not vote for a muslim-muslim ticket

7 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by kel4soft: 9:58am On Aug 29, 2014
I am a Christian from the south south and I don't give a toss about muslim-muslim, christian-christian. I just want a change of government at the centre.

How many of the so called Christian Politicians are real born again? When they loot, kill and worship strange gods. Same applies to the muslim politicians. Both men are credible and I will support them to the end. On why will APC will not give South/ North? How about Papa Deceiving Party giving North/South ticket?

15 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 29, 2014
chukwudi44:

You sincerely believe muslims alone can determine this country's president abi? You are on a long thing.It will even be easier for a muslim-muslim ticket to fly in the SS/SE than in the MB and christian dominated areas of the NW/NE that are at the receving end of the boko haram islamic scourge.Even many yoruba xtians in the SW will not buy the idea.Don't forget FFK left the APC because of this reason

grin grin Chukwudi...you are always acting funny....stop bringing people like FFK in any serious political discussion. I will take Jide Oshuntokun ahead of him for political relevance ,.,even though you hardly see the latter making noise.

You are only blowing out this religion issues out of proportion ....it's a double edged sword that even PDP is very mindful of.

Truth is religion consideration will have little to do with 2015 elections outside SS/SE....those are the only two regions GEJ can benefit using such sentiment.

I'm not a Muslim.....but I will vote for the combination if I see character and the virtues I like in the candidates.

8 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 29, 2014
chukwudi44: Kwankwoso/Fashola will do the job. APC don't need a muslim/Christian ticket to win 2015 election, just pick Fashola from west and Kwankwoso/Tambuwal from north, the south west and north won't vote base on religion unlike SE/SS. Even if APC pick Christian from southeast they won't vote for APC, APC need Fashola from west and any candidate from north west state going by registered voters from INEC

Bros I live in lagos and I am among the SW voters you just displayed.Unfortunately for you my vote is not going to APC.There are also millions of voters like me in lagos/benue/southern Kadunna/plateau etc who live in this so-called high voter regions who will not vote for a muslim-muslim ticket

......also there are millions of voters that religion and tribal prejudice means nothing to ....

8 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by kel4soft: 10:03am On Aug 29, 2014
ilugunboy:

grin grin Chukwudi...you are always acting funny....stop bringing people like FFK in any serious political discussion. I will take Jide Oshuntokun ahead of him for political relevance ,.,even though you hardly see the latter making noise.

You are only blowing out this religion issues out of proportion ....it's a double edged sword that even PDP is very mindful of.

Truth is religion consideration will have little to do with 2015 elections outside SS/SE....

I'm not a Muslim.....but I will vote for the combination if I see character and the virtues I like in the candidates.

Some south south like I know don't care about religion to be honest.

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by NewNigeriaMind: 10:08am On Aug 29, 2014
You will be surprised most Nigerians are not religious fanatic like you.

I am Christian and I know many Christians that will vote a Fashola. I don't think any Lagosian right now cares whether fashola s a Muslim or a chrsitian. I am sure some will even argue he is a chrsitian.

you people from the south east and jonathan should keep the religious fanatism and tribal sentiments to your region.

Thank you.

8 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 29, 2014
mikeansy: Fashola is more presidential than all the people they are asking him to be vp to!

Nigeria is sick I tell ya!
the problem is with the voters themselves, do you honestly think fashola can win elections in the SE or up north? Nigerians have a history of rejecting credible candidates.

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 29, 2014
kel4soft:

Some south south like I know don't care about religion to be honest.

Really...it has never been a major factor until recently. Only those without things to show as performance resort to using such base sentiment to win elections.

5 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by oKyrian: 10:13am On Aug 29, 2014
ossaisly: The Deputy Chairman of
the House of Representatives Committee on Finance, Mr. Yomi Ogunnusi, has said if the All Progressives Congress can present a strong presidential candidate in next year’s election, it will defeat President Goodluck Jonathan who may seek re-election. Ogunnusi, who represents Ifako/Ijaye Federal Constituency at the lower chamber of the National Assembly said the APC would do well at the poll next year if it presented the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal as its presidential candidate and Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, as his running mate. The lawmaker said this during an interview with our correspondent on Thursday. Tambuwal, who is still a member of the Peoples Democratic Party is rumoured to be finalising plans to defect to the APC so as to be able to actualise his dream of becoming president in 2015. Ogunnusi described Fashola as a hardworking governor who was generally loved for his accomplishments and also described Tambuwal as a “humble leader.” He said, “This is my personal opinion. If we have Tambuwal as President and Fashola as Vice-President, Jonathan will be out immediately it is announced. I think that is what the youth want. If you want a change in this country, let them put Tambuwal and Fashola. Nigeria will change and in fact, the stock exchange will increase that same day it is announced. It will give people a relief. “Because these are humane people, people who have a human heart. For the first time in Nigeria, a young man led the House of Representatives for four years without inhibition or conflict. And this young man knows the names of all the lawmakers up to their constituencies. And Fashola, all over the world has been rated as a performer and you can see the way he works. “You can even see in him that he has dedicated most of his life to the survival of the state. If he (Fashola) agrees, Nigeria would benefit. Both of them are saleable products and they are patriotic. For former Governor Bola Tinubu, let him be the leader of the Yoruba like Obafemi Awolowo; and let Muhammadu Buhari be the northern leader.”

source: punchng.com/politics/tambuwal-fashola-presidential-ticket-can-crush-pdp-rep/
Rubbish
Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by fkaz(m): 10:19am On Aug 29, 2014
Bros I live in lagos and I am among the SW voters you just displayed.Unfortunately for you my vote is not going to APC.There are also millions of voters like me in lagos/benue/southern Kadunna/plateau etc who live in this so-called high voter regions who will not vote for a muslim-muslim ticket [/quote]

Am not saying igbos in lagos or south west like you won't vote for jonathan but i pray your votes should count. What am saying is that APC will get more votes from south west states if they pick fashola and with any candidate from north endorse by Buhari the deal is done. Fashola on the ticket of APC, will influence millions of people to come out and vote for the party, either from benue, kogi, plateau, Edo, name it.

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by co2(m): 10:20am On Aug 29, 2014
TWO WEAKLING CONTESTING AS PRESIDENT AND VICE FUNNY INDEED NEXT STORY PLEASE

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by eph12(m): 10:21am On Aug 29, 2014
Obiagelli:
the problem is with the voters themselves, do you honestly think fashola can win elections in the SE or up north? Nigerians have a history of rejecting credible candidates.
If Fashola receives the blessings of those elder statesmen in the North he will win the election hands down. The position of a VP anywhere in the world carries no weight even in America. Fashola is bigger and better than those people they're asking him to be VP for. Period!

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Fashola Presidential Ticket Can Crush PDP –Rep by moyinoluwabun(m): 10:23am On Aug 29, 2014
It's gonna be fool of Fashola if he accept been vice to Tambuwal. Fash gat more experience than him. Even in their careers, fashola is ahead of him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BREAKING! Buhari 'BRIBES' Delegates / Heavy Fighting and Shooting going on now at Oshodi / Biafrans Soldiers Fought Without Clothes And Boots.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.