Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries (21809 Views)

Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? / Obiano Raises Anambra Workers’ Salaries By 15 Per Cent / AIT Workers' Salaries Not Paid For Eight Months? (An Appeal To Raymond Dokpesi) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by Ktwice(m): 7:15am On Aug 29, 2014
The Oyo State Government has
announced an increment in the salaries
of civil servants in the state.
Governor Abiola Ajimobi made the
announcement while addressing workers
who were on queue to board the free
Ajumose buses at the Government
Secretariat, Agodi, Ibadan on Thursday.
He explained that the salary development
was the aftermath of the meeting he held
with the state chapter of the Nigeria
Labour Congress (NLC), stressing that
the union would brief the workers on the
details of the salary enhancement.
Governor Ajimobi said that the salary
enhancement ranged from 10 to 30 per
cent increment, depending on the Grade
Level of each civil servant.
While expressing his administration’s
commitment to the welfare of workers in
the state, he said that the provision of the
10 Ajumose buses to convey workers to
and fro work free of charge was aimed at
making the working environment
conducive for them.
He also noted that his administration
had, since inception, introduced a lot of
innovations into the civil service in order
to improve the lots of the civil servants.
Governor Ajimobi said that the salary
increment would go a long way in
boosting the morale of workers and
enhance more commitment and
dedication to duties.
Some of the workers, who were queuing
for the free Ajumose buses at the close of
work, commended Governor Ajimobi for
the wage increment as well as the
provision of the free buses.
The apparently excited civil servants
engaged in fervent prayers for the
governor and the success of his
administration.
In their separate comments on the
provision of Ajumose free buses, two of
the civil servants, Mrs. Adejumo Janet
and Mr. Iyanda Yekini lauded Governor
Ajimobi for the free bus initiative,
stressing that the initiative had saved
them a lot of money which they had
hitherto been spending on transportation
on monthly.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by Mynd44: 7:35am On Aug 29, 2014
Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by Jaideyone(m): 7:37am On Aug 29, 2014
see what Ekiti people have caused grin ajimobi has done very well in Ibadan but the workers like my aunty have vowed to vote him out like fayemi because he has refused to share the money.

a situation where people put stomach infrastructure above visible change is not good for our democracy

ftc

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 29, 2014
Nice improvement.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by passionate88: 7:38am On Aug 29, 2014
Election fever

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by mcfynest(m): 7:38am On Aug 29, 2014
GOOD ONE AJUMOSE

GOOD ONE APC

JOIN THE TRAIN OF CHANGE

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by lafuria1(m): 7:39am On Aug 29, 2014
I hope it is sustainable. We wouldn't want a case of 3 months without salary because the government can't pay.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by Jesuspistol(m): 7:39am On Aug 29, 2014
We no be mumu nah, everybody no say election is near. Anyway una try.

The fact dat Tinubu and Fashola inspires these APC governors does not remove their PDP-like incompetence o

Bcuz me I never see a Fashola-like governor among other APC governors Forget whether election dey or not. I mean an always actively functional governor.

10 Likes

Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by ddooskie(m): 7:39am On Aug 29, 2014
kudos

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 29, 2014
2015 things.

Sad part is that less funds will be available for capital expenditure.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by bosunjohns(m): 7:40am On Aug 29, 2014
Interesting!

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by Ramanto(m): 7:40am On Aug 29, 2014
ionbilivit
Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by Innodon(m): 7:40am On Aug 29, 2014
2015 is around the corner
Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by mcmaurice20(m): 7:41am On Aug 29, 2014
2015 politic... Ajumose and APC
Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by braine(m): 7:41am On Aug 29, 2014
Good

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by Warlord3000(m): 7:41am On Aug 29, 2014
Everybody just wan dey score points for the 2015 valentine day election Sha..

Na wa o

Still... None of my business
Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by dapsoneh: 7:42am On Aug 29, 2014
Nice
Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by ossaisly(m): 7:42am On Aug 29, 2014
mynd44 will always make front page. na wa o... angrymynd44 will always make front page. na wa o...

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by Eneze1(f): 7:43am On Aug 29, 2014
Good initiative. I hope this is not because of next year election
Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by habex005(m): 7:43am On Aug 29, 2014
good one there.....
Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:43am On Aug 29, 2014
I luv it wen it's election tym,jst like boyfrnd n girlfrnd wen xmas is approaching
Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by lirusehn(m): 7:43am On Aug 29, 2014
nice move.

Election preaching goodness

undecided
Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by Nairalane: 7:44am On Aug 29, 2014
The money remains small.
Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by Jesuspistol(m): 7:45am On Aug 29, 2014
passionate88: Election fever

Ur signature is so damn true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by Bryan12(m): 7:45am On Aug 29, 2014
Today will be wonderful.so so goodnews on frontpage
Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by NaLaugh: 7:47am On Aug 29, 2014
Once they get elected/re-elected into office, the headline would read:

"Oyo state Government reverts to old salary scale, after months of unpaid worker salaries"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by Gboliwe: 7:47am On Aug 29, 2014
HNosegbe: 2015 things.

Sad part is that less funds will be available for capital expenditure.

true.

@ topic, Indeed we love "stomach" infrastructure. grin

I love election period. Its like sundays. So much merriment and rice eating. tongue
Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by Emmalot121(m): 7:47am On Aug 29, 2014
Any government that improves the standard of living of her workers even without anyone asking for it or being under duress,is worth a trillion votes.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by talk2dayland: 7:49am On Aug 29, 2014
Election things on point.anyways that's a plus to d governor,hoping d workers will be more dedicated

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries by maingwaest(f): 7:50am On Aug 29, 2014
Even if this is all a political stunt against nxt year ,I ll still give him a pat on the back and advise the likes of gov Suswan who in his own case want to reduce workers salary in order to pay some outstanding debt, to take note.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read / Motivational Speaker Zig Ziglar Is Dead! / Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.