Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,298 members, 7,780,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:00 PM

I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry (2873 Views)

Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today / EFF Accuse Zuma Of Witchcraft After Two Mermaids Where Found In Nkandla’s “fire / Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by italo: 6:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
italo:
The word of God is Jesus.
The Book is not the word of God...just like a file that contains soft copy of the Bible is not the word of God.
The book contains the written word of God...just like your phone can contain the soft copy of the written word.
I don't see you worshipping your phone.
You worship sheet of paper and your pastors.
The pics above prove it.

Hypocrite!

See your pastor worshipping images of the crucifix naked.

Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by italo: 6:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
adsonstone:

Sorry, but this holds no water.

How is it ever possible to have written words of God without a book or any surface/screen?

Protestants enslave themselves to a book that holds the (written) word of God.

Roman Catholics enslave themselves to diverse kinds of graven images and statues.

Hallelujah!!!

No we don't.

Speak for yourself alone.

You're not our mouthpiece!
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by adsonstone: 6:34pm On Sep 03, 2014
italo:

No we don't.

Speak for yourself alone.

You're not our mouthpiece!

You acted as a mouthpiece for protestants.

italo:
You worship sheet of paper and your
pastors.
italo:
Why should I leave a pic that proves that protestants enslave themselves to sheets of paper instead of worshipping God in truth and spirit?
italo:
Many protestants enslave themselves to a book they call Bible.
Don't you see them worshipping it in that pic?

Yet, you refuse someone else speaking for you.

Okay, continue.
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by italo: 6:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
urheme: Ok!!
Italo, pls explain the doctrine of trinity.

God sent Jesus to redeem us and then sent the holy spirit to confort us, how do you reconcile this?.

Read from the Catechism of the Catholic Church...if what you really want is an explanation.
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by italo: 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
adsonstone:

You acted as a mouthpiece for protestants.

Yet, you refuse someone else speaking for you.

Okay, continue.

Because you agree with me...I can speak for you.

We don't agree with you so you don't speak for us.

Also, there's a pic of protestant mothers and daughters kneeling before your pastor and worshipping him, sucking 'anointed milk' from his penis.

That one is too graphic to be put on nairaland.

Talk about worship of images. Hypocrite!
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by lepasharon(f): 9:21pm On Sep 03, 2014
Stepping on ppl ? Oh dear. The Pentecostals are the worst of the lot.

1 Like

Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by adsonstone: 11:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
italo:

Because you agree with me...I can speak for you.

We don't agree with you so you don't speak for us.

Also, there's a pic of protestant mothers and daughters kneeling before your pastor and worshipping him, sucking 'anointed milk' from his penis.

That one is too graphic to be put on nairaland.

Talk about worship of images. Hypocrite!

Protestants enslave themselves to a book that
holds the (written) word of God.

Roman Catholics enslave themselves to diverse
kinds of graven images and statues.

Hallelujah!!!

Or are you tryna say the latter statement is untrue?
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by italo: 11:56pm On Sep 03, 2014
adsonstone:

Protestants enslave themselves to a book that
holds the (written) word of God.

Roman Catholics enslave themselves to diverse
kinds of graven images and statues.

Hallelujah!!!

Or are you tryna say the latter statement is untrue?

The point of this thread is not to say whether Catholics are right or wrong. I don't care for now.

The point is to show that protestantism is hypocritical when it accuses Catholicism of idolatry. Period.

How can a woman and her daughter kneel naked before your pastor...worship him and suck what you guys call "anointed milk" from his penis...then they both use those filthy hypocritical mouths to cast aspersions on Catholics?

Even the Pharisees would marvel at the hypocrisy.
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by Ukutsgp(m): 10:08am On Sep 04, 2014
italo:

Why should I leave a pic that proves that protestants enslave themselves to sheets of paper instead of worshipping God in truth and spirit?

Do protestants ignore pictures when they want to use them to malign Catholics?
do u think at all before typing? what nonsense!
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by emmyskies(m): 9:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
italo:

Do protestants ignore pictures when they want to use them to malign Catholics?

Oh my goodness me! Wow!!! Did you just call the Holy Bible, the word of GOD mere sheets of paper?

And of course, you can't hold that pic against all christians because not all "pentecostal" churches bow to the Bible
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by italo: 8:41am On Sep 08, 2014
emmyskies:

Oh my goodness me! Wow!!! Did you just call the Holy Bible, the word of GOD mere sheets of paper?

And of course, you can't hold that pic against all christians because not all "pentecostal" churches bow to the Bible

1. Who named it "Holy Bible" and when and where did this happen? Another reason many protestants are bloody hypocrites. You follow Catholic Sacred Tradition...then you demonize Catholic Sacred Tradition.

2. I can hold it against all the protestants who hold one pic, one bad news, against all Cathoics.

There's nothing like "pentecostal churches" in the sense you are putting it. Jesus only founded one Church. The other shops are protesting against it.
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by emmyskies(m): 10:24am On Sep 08, 2014
italo:

1. Who named it "Holy Bible" and when and where did this happen? Another reason many protestants are bloody hypocrites. You follow Catholic Sacred Tradition...then you demonize Catholic Sacred Tradition.

2. I can hold it against all the protestants who hold one pic, one bad news, against all Cathoics.

There's nothing like "pentecostal churches" in the sense you are putting it. Jesus only founded one Church. The other shops are protesting against it.
That is why I put it in quote because you made mention of 'protestant' churches.

If and only if you know the purpose of our living, and what a church stands for. Well, every man on his own, on the last day, we will know who is who

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." (Revelation 22:11)
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
italo:

Of course, you're right! Almost all protestant Churches are hypocrites. Catholic Church is the Babylon The Great, The Mother of Harlots describes in Revelation and all other Churches still holding on to the heathen traditions of Catholic Church are the Harlots.
Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by Ubenedictus(m): 1:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
emmyskies:
That is why I put it in quote because you made mention of 'protestant' churches.

If and only if you know the purpose of our living, and what a church stands for. Well, every man on his own, on the last day, we will know who is who

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." (Revelation 22:11)

i think in the bolded you meant "the Church" not "a church"... The church is founded by Christ himself, on the apostles... So my dear, i think i should be asking you if your "a church" is really founded by christ on the apostles.

So dear when was your "a church" founded?

1 Like

Re: I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry by emmyskies(m): 9:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ubenedictus:

i think in the bolded you meant "the Church" not "a church"... The church is founded by Christ himself, on the apostles... So my dear, i think i should be asking you if your "a church" is really founded by christ on the apostles.

So dear when was your "a church" founded?
Very funny. When a man that wasn't among the disciple of Christ was casting out demon using the name of JESUS CHRIST and the disciples told Christ, what was Christ's response??

Your own na to dey capitalise on "when was your church founded? My church was founded by Christ Himself"
Don't you know GOD is no respecter of any man? As far as you do His will, you will be saved. If two or three are gathered in His name, He is there in their midst, and when a thing is agreed between them, it is settled. When a gathering of the brethren is of the LORD and they live according to His word, nothing is more than this than the church of Christ.

Than a church that's been existing for ages but live contradicting the word of GOD

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Dear Brother Seun Osewa / Prayer Points For Victory In The Month Of August. / Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.